March 28, 2024, 03:12:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #737 2/29 - 3/1/08  (Read 359033 times)
bluwaters
Scared Monkey

« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »

Yes, many of us watched the fabric swatch turned loose into the wind in the original video of that.  Then later, it was left off the end.

And for some reason, the cameraman seemed particularly focused on it as well as though he, too, recognized it as a part of Natalee's clothing.  The camera seemed to actually follow the fabric swatch around.

jmo

I'm wondering if more of the fabric was found than what we saw?
me too!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

Yes, many of us watched the fabric swatch turned loose into the wind in the original video of that.  Then later, it was left off the end.

And for some reason, the cameraman seemed particularly focused on it as well as though he, too, recognized it as a part of Natalee's clothing.  The camera seemed to actually follow the fabric swatch around.

jmo

Didn't some Monkeys say they saw swatches of the same color caught in the rocks? 

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

jmo

Good point Klaas.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »

Someone commented on the size of the trap.

I think most are basing the size on the video of the divers doing the thumbs down instead of the still photos.  At least that is what I am doing.  The trap would have to be very large compared to the size of the divers whom I am assuming are of average height.

jmo

I dont understand the whole "size of the trap" argument.

Obviously fishermen raise and lower these traps on a regular basis, why is the size important?
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »

Do we know if the Persistance raised this trap?

I haven't heard that specifically.  Apparently, the FBI has tested the contents of the trap, so whether these were extracted while underwater or if it was raised, I dont' know.  OE's consistent statement is "no comment."

The fact they they wont comment is sort of encouraging.  You would think they would be willing to talk openly about how they found it, what they did with it and whatnot if it was just your typical garabage off the shores of Aruba.
I agree.  If it is not Natalee, it is someone's remains and these need to be identified.  The people who placed the trap there and are most likely responsible for the death of who is in the trap also need to be identified.  My guess is that the FBI is working on this now.  We will hear more when they have come to some conclusion.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »

I think most are basing the size on the video of the divers doing the thumbs down instead of the still photos.  At least that is what I am doing.  The trap would have to be very large compared to the size of the divers whom I am assuming are of average height.

jmo

Obviously fishermen raise and lower these traps on a regular basis, why is the size important?

There was a trap reportedly stolen from one of the Fishermen's Huts around that time.  It would have had to be considerably smaller for as you say, for a single fisherman to raise and lower.  This trap in the photos looks massive to me. 

I don't know that it has any real significance other than this trap appears to be too large to have been the one Dompig reported as stolen.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
bluwaters
Scared Monkey

« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2008, 11:21:55 AM »

I also wonder if the FBI has said anything about this? There is nothing on their "press release" site.
If they had anything to say, wouldn't they release it themselves?
Honest question - I have no idea how to know if the FBI issued a statement unless the FBI claims it themselves!
http://www.fbi.gov/homepage.htm
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »

jmo

Some felt the trap was not consistent with the size of the trap stolen from the Fisherman's Hut.  That trap was about 4' x 5 1/2' x 17".  The assumption is that if Natalee's body were in the trap, that it would be the stolen trap from Fisherman's Hut.  Some have theorized that her body could have been placed in a different trap, not necessarily the stolen trap, so we would then not know the dimensions.  Others have said that the underwater view distorts size. 

BRING NATALEE HOME
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »

jmo

There was a trap reportedly stolen from one of the Fishermen's Huts around that time.  It would have had to be considerably smaller for as you say, for a single fisherman to raise and lower.  This trap in the photos looks massive to me. 

I don't know that it has any real significance other than this trap appears to be too large to have been the one Dompig reported as stolen.

I dont know if I buy that but thanks for explaining.

And I didnt say anything about a single fisherman either 
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2008, 11:25:55 AM »

I would think that Bush, Cheney, and Silveti are all acquainted with each other by roots, south Texas, trade, oil and construction, and financial caliber.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »

Morning Monkeys.  I'm glad I went to bed early last night.  The poor woman sounds deranged to me.  Hope she gets some rest.   I'm glad we're all back to normal.

after reading from page 3 ....I am still in shock....and am thankful that I was not online last night.  We may not always agree, we may think each other nuts at times...but no one, and I mean no one can say we are not all here for the right reason....that is Justice for Natalee...for a young woman who walked into a lions den and was never seen again...for a young woman who was not able to live her life because of others....because she could have been any of our daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, niece or a family friend.....I am really saddened that Casa felt the need to come onto SM and rant as she did......it is not about her or us...it is not even about Beth and Dave and Jug or Robin.....it is no longer about Natalee...we can not help Natalee.....It is about Justice.... we can work for Justice ...so that no other family has to endure the injustices this family has had to endure. 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »

I also wonder if the FBI has said anything about this? There is nothing on their "press release" site.
Honest question - I have no idea how to know if the FBI issued a statement unless the FBI claims it themselves!
Others have said the FBI NEVER comments on cases under investigation.  I tend to believe that.  I've never seen an FBI statement, other than on their website, but I'm no expert. 

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: March 01, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »

I would think that Bush, Cheney, and Silveti are all acquainted with each other by roots, south Texas, trade, oil and construction, and financial caliber.
So, are you making the assumption that the Air Force plane carrying some US officials may be in Aruba concerning the ocean search?  How wonderful would that be?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »

jmo

I dont know if I buy that but thanks for explaining.

And I didnt say anything about a single fisherman either 

That should teach me to try to answer your questions!  Right, I have misquoted you.  You did not say anything about a single fisherman but the ones we have seen in pictures previously seemed geared more for that kind of activity.  Not large enough for more than one or two to raise and lower.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2008, 11:29:41 AM »

jmo

Some felt the trap was not consistent with the size of the trap stolen from the Fisherman's Hut.  That trap was about 4' x 5 1/2' x 17".  The assumption is that if Natalee's body were in the trap, that it would be the stolen trap from Fisherman's Hut.  Some have theorized that her body could have been placed in a different trap, not necessarily the stolen trap, so we would then not know the dimensions.  Others have said that the underwater view distorts size. 

Have any of these people produced a picture of the trap that was stolen?  Where did we get the dimensions from?

And I agree that Natalee doesnt necessarily have to be in a trap that was reported stolen from the fishermans huts. 
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #495 on: March 01, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »

blah, I bailed early so I wasn't here.  It appeared to be a misunderstanding over what we do here: discuss, speculate, examine, theorize, etc.  I think we were told we wouldn't solve the case right here because we weren't on the ground looking or something like that. 

I bailed early.  I'm glad I did.   I read thru it all when I got up this morning and it was confusing.  I scrolled alot.

I read all that BS but I dont see what Robin posted so it would "get out"

The pictures that are now here on the FP:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/page/2/

does anyone have bigger ones than whats posted here?  These  are hard to see

Try this link...these were the ones sent to Klaas...sender did NOT give their name...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2641.msg355959#msg355959

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:35 AM »

Morning Monkeys.  I'm glad I went to bed early last night.  The poor woman sounds deranged to me.  Hope she gets some rest.   I'm glad we're all back to normal.

after reading from page 3 ....I am still in shock....and am thankful that I was not online last night.  We may not always agree, we may think each other nuts at times...but no one, and I mean no one can say we are not all here for the right reason....that is Justice for Natalee...for a young woman who walked into a lions den and was never seen again...for a young woman who was not able to live her life because of others....because she could have been any of our daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, niece or a family friend.....I am really saddened that Casa felt the need to come onto SM and rant as she did......it is not about her or us...it is not even about Beth and Dave and Jug or Robin.....it is no longer about Natalee...we can not help Natalee.....It is about Justice.... we can work for Justice ...so that no other family has to endure the injustices this family has had to endure. 
Sunny, you've been here as long as I have.  Remember, when we got close and/or something was about to happen with the case, the detractors always posted here and excoriated us, trying to distract us from our conversation topics and generally disrupt the talks.  Casa reminded me of the "good old days."  LOL  Something is happening.

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

I agree Sunny.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:52 AM »

I totally remember watching the original video of this and seeing the searcher wipe his face with the peice of cloth.....as I yelled at my tv.

And our trusted and beloved poster 'bondia' told us that the 'searcher' holding the cloth was a Mansur. I have the post saved somewhere.

Based on bondia's track record and their complicitness in the cover up (hard to tell which psycho was actually posting, tho) I wonder who the 'searcher' really was.

Sure would like to ask the searcher a question or two.

?
I didn't know bondia was anyones"beloved"Smile
I think,if I recall correctly,that the searcher was from the national park reserve or something like that.I don't think he was part of ALE.Wasn't that around the time they found the duct tape and hairs?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: March 01, 2008, 11:32:18 AM »

I saw an article on Foxnews.com about a week ago or so where a female agent (dont remember her name) from the FBI made a comment on the fabric.  Not sure what day it was, but she said the fabric did not match and that they were not allowed to comment on the case (paraphrasing)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.