March 29, 2024, 01:31:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #742 3/10 - 3/14/08  (Read 299066 times)
katrien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2008, 05:05:21 AM »

Something just isn't right about Patrick and this book,I feel like he isn't 100% honest about Joran and these 10 confessions..I sure hope this isn't some type of scam so Joran can buy that house in spain Sad

All the tapes were given to Peter R. As far I understood the book is about how Patrick came in touch with Joran and all this.
There is no reason to doubt Patrick. He has a criminal past but went to prison for it. This is a long time ago.

Let him have his book. It is thanks to him that Joran made his confessions and Peter could broadcast it.

mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2008, 05:07:59 AM »

Why is this avatar showing it's azz?

jack, why are you blue? 

The state of the condition insults my intuition
GBMW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2008, 05:22:21 AM »

Something just isn't right about Patrick and this book,I feel like he isn't 100% honest about Joran and these 10 confessions..I sure hope this isn't some type of scam so Joran can buy that house in spain Sad

All the tapes were given to Peter R. As far I understood the book is about how Patrick came in touch with Joran and all this.
There is no reason to doubt Patrick. He has a criminal past but went to prison for it. This is a long time ago.

Let him have his book. It is thanks to him that Joran made his confessions and Peter could broadcast it.

The book of Patrick van der Eem will be released in the Netherlands at the end of June & in the US it will be released in September.

I also don't doubt Patrick. The person he is helped him to get close to Joran and to get his confession. He does have a criminal past but has paid a price for it & seems to have learned from it (which is even more important I think).
And as far as the interview with Poentje goes; I think his quotes were taken out of context. Patrick is crucial for credibility in the confession. And if something was really up Peter R. de Vries would have been in every talkshow talking about it / defending him / would have written a column  etc. And he just gave a couple of quotes and that's it.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2008, 05:58:14 AM »

The book of Patrick van der Eem will be released in the Netherlands at the end of June & in the US it will be released in September.

I also don't doubt Patrick. The person he is helped him to get close to Joran and to get his confession. He does have a criminal past but has paid a price for it & seems to have learned from it (which is even more important I think).
And as far as the interview with Poentje goes; I think his quotes were taken out of context. Patrick is crucial for credibility in the confession. And if something was really up Peter R. de Vries would have been in every talkshow talking about it / defending him / would have written a column  etc. And he just gave a couple of quotes and that's it.

GBMW I believe it was you who asked for the link to the Enquire article the other day.  If you look below you will see the link where little paperclip is in my post.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2008, 06:11:01 AM »

Dutch Bloggers:

Just curious but why do people at FOK call RU the the blog in Ann Arbor Michigan? I have seen 3 times posters at FOK call it that...

In which topic? I searched a couple of topics but can't find it...
I'll have a look at it then.
MadMaster
Live from Amsterdam
maandag 10 maart 2008 @ 19:58

Ik heb af en toe de blog van NWO gevolgd en ik vond de meningen daar redelijk genuanceerd, tot voor kort.
Tsja, iemand dook daar op en acteerde als een olifant in een porseleinkast, dat gaat natuurlijk ook niet goed...

Ik heb vandaag diverse posts daar gelezen die ik van hier herken en waarvan ik zeg:
Het gevolg is nu, indirekt maar toch, dat de boel daar dicht gaat en er naar hier wordt verwezen voor het vervolg.

Eén citaat van de moderator daar:

http://forum.fok.nl/topic/1133186/8/25

I'm afraid I don't understand... 
I can't see anything about "Ann Arbor Michigan" in there.
They talk about Dutch blog NWO which is this one: http://www.nwo-info.nl/

Haha Ok the translator was way off on that one.. I knew something was weird..

Ik heb af en toe de blog van NWO gevolgd en ik vond de meningen daar redelijk genuanceerd, tot voor kort.

(Google Translator)   
I have occasionally followed the blog in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and I found it fairly nuanced opinions, until recently.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2008, 06:40:26 AM »

i agree katrien and GMBW -- in the earliest days of this case all the dutch posters were saying peter de vries was the man to find an answer in this case. his first show came out and it was clear his thinking was along the lines of many of us, but no one seemed to be happy. the anti-holloway contingent poo poo'ed what he said and the anti-aruban contingent didn't think he went far enough.

with his latest show many have also been negative saying he said he'd solve the case. that's not what i read. he was very careful with his wording. he said he would solve the MYSTERY. i feel that he and patrick have done that. joran may have lied at some point in the confessions but i believe that he did not in the earlier ones and in fact, the MYSTERY was solved. the case is another matter. de vries himself has been very careful with what he has said and specificially the most recent statements that he had ideas about paulus' involvement but would not comment because he had no proof.  i think devries is still on the case and working albeit independently to support the aruba police bring this case to trial. he and patrick and the team did a great job, surely they got a scoop, but part of the reason it was a scoop was because it was so well executed and they were able to keep a lid on it.

GBMW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2008, 06:48:02 AM »

GBMW I believe it was you who asked for the link to the Enquire article the other day.  If you look below you will see the link where little paperclip is in my post.

Thanks! I thought I saw your earlier post with the article yesterday but then I got some problems with my computer....so I wanted to check it today; thanks for being so helpfull!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2008, 07:15:57 AM »

Hi Monkey's,
  Just got caught up reading.Watched the video link and listened to Dave and Beth.Seem's Dave thinks it all went down at the Sloots house..Bless his heart and Beth's heart too..One thing I've always wondered about and that is why Dave had to find out from his son that Natalee was missing.I wonder why Beth or Jug didn't call him immediatly..I don't know,just sad...
And you are trying to do what with your question.  Read the books.  Good try.  Not working.     Jack blue

You're way out of line jackb..It was a fair question and it's one that's asked by many people that don't care to go out and buy books to get the answer.This question was answered very nicely which you would have seen had you of scrolled down to see.Do not ever and I mean ever accuse me of anything,especially the act of manipulation.That is an evil accusation and I do not appreciate it one bit.When your pointing your finger at someone else,you've got three pointing right back at you.You might want to remember that!Like I said,it was a fair question and a fair answer followed..God Bless

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »

i agree katrien and GMBW -- in the earliest days of this case all the dutch posters were saying peter de vries was the man to find an answer in this case. his first show came out and it was clear his thinking was along the lines of many of us, but no one seemed to be happy. the anti-holloway contingent poo poo'ed what he said and the anti-aruban contingent didn't think he went far enough.

with his latest show many have also been negative saying he said he'd solve the case. that's not what i read. he was very careful with his wording. he said he would solve the MYSTERY. i feel that he and patrick have done that. joran may have lied at some point in the confessions but i believe that he did not in the earlier ones and in fact, the MYSTERY was solved. the case is another matter. de vries himself has been very careful with what he has said and specificially the most recent statements that he had ideas about paulus' involvement but would not comment because he had no proof.  i think devries is still on the case and working albeit independently to support the aruba police bring this case to trial. he and patrick and the team did a great job, surely they got a scoop, but part of the reason it was a scoop was because it was so well executed and they were able to keep a lid on it.

I agree with you all, if it weren't for Peter DeVries the case would have been buried a long time ago. He has done more than all the prosecutors, investigators, police and judges the "system" enlisted in the entire history of the investigation into Natalee's disappearance. I firmly trust him and if he believes in Patrick I will go with that.

Holland needs to question the cover-up, that's where they are going to get the answers. Tha Van der Sloots are buttoned up and will never tell the truth. By unraveling the cover-up the Dutch investigators and prosecutors can go in through the back door to expose them. This is elementary investigative technique, they should realize it it and pursue it vigorously.

I have no faith in Hans Mos. He has ignored the cover-up to date and failed at every task he has performed. I believe he is conducting a low level cover-up of his own with Dop Kruimel in tow. Something about Aruba turns all of the asshole into criminals. Clean investigative, prosecutorial and judicial leadership from Holland is the only way we will get a prosecution in Natalee's case.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »

Patrick and De Vries did something no one else even came close to and I am very grateful for trying to help,I am just a little frustrated right now. I think it's awful what Pontje Castro and others are trying to do him and his past shouldn't be held against him. I see Patrick as a very street smart person and I am just a little stunned he didn't question Joran on some things and is so quick for this book to come out. If he has any contact with Joran right now I think that is somewhat suspicious,I guess I am worried he is playing both sides is all. He did say the below quote..So we will have to wait and see what he says..

"And I will make sure that Joran and his entire family fall flat on their face. They had better emigrate to Africa" the paper quoted Van der Eem as saying
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:54:41 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2008, 08:51:14 AM »

What mystery did Peter DeVries solve other than Natalee had a seizure while being with Yoran? Do we have the answers to the rest of the mysteries like why Natalee had a seizure?Was it because of a date rape drug or possibly a blow to the head or maybe both? Did he solve the whereabouts of the murder scene? Was it at the lighthouse,rocks,Sloots,beach,etc...Did he solve the mystery as to all the culprits involved?Does he have a list of names? Personally,I think it's going to take way more than what DeVries or Patrick has to finally get to the bottom of all this. I myself am praying that someone who participated will simply come clean and confess the truth,the whole truth,and nothing but the truth....Does feeling like this make me part of the anti-holloway contingent or the anti-aruban contingent ? I just want to be on the side of truth and that for me is that Natalee Holloway deserves justice and I pray she get's it here in this world because I know for sure she will in the next..One way or another,it's coming and there is no escaping it.

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
GBMW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »

[/quote]

I have no faith in Hans Mos. He has ignored the cover-up to date and failed at every task he has performed. I believe he is conducting a low level cover-up of his own with Dop Kruimel in tow. Something about Aruba turns all of the asshole into criminals. Clean investigative, prosecutorial and judicial leadership from Holland is the only way we will get a prosecution in Natalee's case.

[/quote]

Dayhiker, I don't know a lot what Hans Mos has been stating / doing so I can't really give an opinion but from what I've seen and heard of Hans Mos I don't get that impression of him. At least I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Especially after I read an article in 'de Volkskrant'.

Hans Mos had a meeting with Peter R. de Vries (when Peter thought he had enough evidence); Peter showed him the confession. Hans Mos suggested to Peter R. de Vries the quotes of Joran weren't good enough for murder because it wasn't clear if Joran knew for certain that Natalee was dead. Peter went back to Holland and did another taping with a lot of questions whether Joran knew for certain if she was dead. He got the quotes Hans Mos needed so Joran is now a suspect of murder.
You can look at this as Hans Mos trying to cover up (OM Aruba knew of the undercover operation before the last taping occured so maybe that could cause trouble in a trial).

But if it was likely to cause a lot of trouble for the case Peter R. de Vries wouldn't have done another taping...the confession was already there and for his televisionshow he didn't need more material. So I'm thinking Hans Mos probably asked Peter R. de Vries to help him...and he did.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »

Interesting to look at the islands yearbooks..Such a small class but yet so many with the same last name..Kock,Arendsz,Arends,Maduro..Croes..and yes Wever 

Ah yes, and Roland Peterson sticks out like a sore thumb in the pix. Now there is a familiar name ...wasn't he an Interrogator? He looks kinda 'sneaky' in the photo. Not to be trusted, even then ...imo...lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »

she was still in love with Joran 

on drugs maybe, otherwise...  in love with joran....who is she lilly munster? i wish devries would dig around on jacobs and van der stratten.

Why is this avatar showing it's azz?

Because she can?? 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
nimrod
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14:54 AM »

I agree with you all, if it weren't for Peter DeVries the case would have been buried a long time ago. He has done more than all the prosecutors, investigators, police and judges the "system" enlisted in the entire history of the investigation into Natalee's disappearance. I firmly trust him and if he believes in Patrick I will go with that.

Holland needs to question the cover-up, that's where they are going to get the answers. Tha Van der Sloots are buttoned up and will never tell the truth. By unraveling the cover-up the Dutch investigators and prosecutors can go in through the back door to expose them. This is elementary investigative technique, they should realize it it and pursue it vigorously.

I agree dayhiker.  I don't know where Hans Mos is coming from, but he has accomplished NOTHING since he arrived on the scene.
GBMW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2008, 09:17:15 AM »

Patrick and De Vries did something no one else even came close to and I am very grateful for trying to help,I am just a little frustrated right now. I think it's awful what Pontje Castro and others are trying to do him and his past shouldn't be held against him. I see Patrick as a very street smart person and I am just a little stunned he didn't question Joran on some things and is so quick for this book to come out. If he has any contact with Joran right now I think that is somewhat suspicious,I guess I am worried he is playing both sides is all. He did say the below quote..So we will have to wait and see what he says..

"And I will make sure that Joran and his entire family fall flat on their face. They had better emigrate to Africa" the paper quoted Van der Eem as saying

[/quote]

For the record: Patrick didn't say that quote; it was a very wrong translation / interpretation of something he said during that Poentje interview.....

Patrick might be streetsmart but no journalist or investigator. I think he did the best he could. The book coming out, the media-attention....I'm sure he loves the attention & money coming from this. But he started this thing not knowing if anything at all would come out of it....and in the beginning spending a lot of money trying to impress Joran and gambling away money with Poker (he's not that good at it). Maybe in some way he is playing both sides; it wouldn't surprise me either.

But to be honest; I really could care less him getting all the attention & money he wants as long as the truth comes out in the meantime Wink
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »

I am up and down with what is going on too...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2008, 09:25:21 AM »

Good morning, Spunky Monkeys and Gawking Guests (sorry, couldn't think of the appropriate word this AM--what I mean is get in here and join us, I know you have something important to say, unless you are at work then continue to W&L).

Good morning, All!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2008, 09:26:42 AM »

I must with Dave that the Sloot residence played an important role.  What's the consensus here...

To what extent was the VDS residence used in NH's dissapearance?

The newly poured concrete right at the height of the disappearance is extremely suspect. I cannot imagine ANYONE suspected of murder, kidnapping, rape etc. in the U.S. being allowed to pour new concrete or having new furniture delivered to their home without being investigated and having the concrete dug up or the old furniture inspected and tested.  Guess I believe this is where it all started and it ended up at the beach with disposal in the ocean.

Hello OE...good to see you water Monkey Wink

A few days back I posted my *gut* Speculations on the Sloot home...I still believe that Natalee was still there, when Beth and Dave arrived at the home....

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »

btw, nut...thanks for that!  Wink

i also wonder why mos went to aruba in the first place. he has a good record from what i've read in the dutch press etc.

looking from his perspective at the events of december 2007 -- he took a bold gamble that did not pay off. if anything it backfired and with the  luxury of 20/20 hindsight, if he had know what de vries was up to and held off a few weeks or so, he might have had things fall into place. but i wonder if he's not over there also digging around into who did what, who are the good cops and who are the dirty cops. just an intuition, but he came across as a very straight shooter, perhaps he just had no idea of what he was up against.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.