March 29, 2024, 04:51:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #742 3/10 - 3/14/08  (Read 299079 times)
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #440 on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »

Hey Monkeys, Hi!!
One of our posters has had a line across the bottom of her posts that said something like...
Avoid Aruba as if your life depends on it....it Does!!

I would like to ask that poster if I could use her comment on a sign I want to make for the Houston Travel Show. I think it was Sharon but Im not sure about that. Please email me at njackson1245@neto.com and let me know if it's ok to use that, whoever had it.
Thanks much!
Wishing a great day for all our Monkeys!

I Stand With The Girl

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: March 12, 2008, 11:24:46 AM »

SHHHHH!  Let's let Klaas sleep in this morning...

Coffee anyone?

That would be very nice.  Strong black caffeinated please.  The sleepytime cobwebs need to clear and ... that anticipated buzz ... then Tamikosmom is ready to go.

KLAAS ... WAKE UP!!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: March 12, 2008, 11:27:25 AM »

Thank you Klaas!!  
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #443 on: March 12, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

Interesting Court News in 24ora today.
http://www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/24/29/

The first 3 dated 3-11 ...all have comments in their respective places and some comments seem to compare OJ and Joran to these cases....

I have not done a full rough tranny yet, but it is interesting, indeed.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #444 on: March 12, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »

Just a reminder that we need Monkeys for the Houston Travel Show, if interested please post in the Houston Travel Show thread!

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com:80/s/nm/20080311/bs_nm/valero_npra_dc_4

Valero may sell U.S. plants in hard refinery times By Bernie Woodall and Rebekah Kebede
Tue Mar 11, 7:07 PM ET

Top U.S. refining company Valero Energy Corp (VLO.N) said on Tuesday it is considering selling nearly a third of its North American refineries amid a U.S. economic slowdown that is crimping fuel demand, and that it is exploring new projects in the Middle East and Asia.

The outlook marks a major shift in Valero's strategy after a decade of sterling profits, acquisitions and expansions transformed the San Antonio-based company from small independent refiner into a behemoth.

Valero Chief Executive Bill Klesse, speaking at the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association meeting, said the company is close to selling refineries in Aruba, Memphis, Tennessee, and Krotz Springs, Louisiana, and has received interest from potential buyers for two other plants.

Klesse did not say what companies were vying for the plants, which account for 840,000 barrels per day of the company's 3.1 million bpd capacity.

But Zurich-listed Petroplus (PPHH.VX) announced in late February it partnered with two private equity firms to buy U.S. refineries, raising some speculation in the oil industry that it could be one of the bidders.

Brazilian state oil company Petrobras (PETR4.SA)(PBR.N) has also said it is eyeing opportunities to buy refineries.

Klesse said that at the same time, Valero is exploring potential growth in the Middle East and Asia, where demand for fuel has been robust.

"We have looked in the last six months at opportunities in the Middle East and we looked at a situation in Asia," said Klesse. "Nothing is imminent."

Subsidized prices and a weakening U.S. dollar have helped keep fuel demand high in many consuming nations, he said.

U.S. 'GOLDEN AGE' OVER

After a stretch of soaring profits that Valero once dubbed "the golden age" of refining, the sector in the United States has faced a sharp downturn.

Surging crude oil prices, softening demand growth, tough environmental regulations and rising costs for materials and labor have cut into margins and led U.S. refiners to slow fuel production and scrap more than a half a million barrels per day in expansion plans in recent months.

Klesse said he expects prices of crude oil, the primary feedstock in fuel production, to continue to hold strong despite weaker U.S. demand growth for gasoline. Crude oil hit a new peak near $110 a barrel on Tuesday.

He added that poor margins, particularly in the Midwest, had led the company to slow some gasoline production even as pump prices hit new peaks.

"Oil prices are going to stay high," Klesse said. "I'd like to think not $110. The world economy has shown it can handle these high prices."

Klesse said the United States may need to raise tariffs on imported gasoline to protect domestic refiners against "dumping" from foreign suppliers.

Average regular gasoline prices hit an all-time high of $3.227 per gallon Tuesday, according to travel group AAA.

OFF THE BOOKS

When Valero began a buying spree in 1997, it had only one refinery. That number ballooned to 18 until the middle of last year when it sold off a plant in Ohio. If it sells the five plants Klesse indicated were on the block, it will have cut the number of its plants by nearly a third.

Klesse said it would likely sell its plants in Aruba, Memphis and Krotz Springs by the end of 2008.

"There is no question that I know the values are good for these (three) refineries for our shareholders," Klesse said. "It's more driven by the fact that Valero is not going to invest in these plants and take them to the next level."

He added Valero was also entertaining interest in two other plants in Ardmore, Oklahoma and Paulsboro, New Jersey.

"Paulsboro is not on the market, but I have said it is on the bubble," he told reporters. "In other words, it is a plant we are looking at and trying to decide is it in fact worth more to another company than it is to Valero."

Klesse, 61, has been CEO since January 2006. He said Valero is still interested in buying plants, but added it is in an "enviable" selective position.

"We are still interested in acquisitions," he said. "But we do not need to make any and they have to be extremely strategic because of the (high) price of them."

Klesse reiterated that Valero will spend about $4 billion to $5 billon on capital expenditures this year and about $5 billon in 2009.

Valero two weeks ago announced it will spend $2.4 billion to expand its Port Arthur, Texas refinery by the mid-2011. The expansion of the refinery will boost throughput to 415,000 bpd from the current capacity of 325,000 bpd.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: March 12, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/

Civil servants walked out for more salary

The police say that between 2000 and 3000 civil servants started to gather in front of the Tax-collection Office at Paardenbaai around 08:00 this morning.

ORANJESTAD – A big group of civil servants answered the protesting unions’ call to walk out and protest for more salary.  According to the police, about 2000 to 3000 civil servants, including police officers, teachers, custom personnel, retired civil servants, and employees of government institutions gathered on the property in front of the Tax-collection Office at Paardenbaai this morning.  The group left for the Government Office via Caya Betico Croes around 09:30.

The unions decided to go on strike after the government didn’t come up with a new proposal.  After a long preliminary talk yesterday morning, Premier Nelson Oduber sent a 4-page letter to SDA and Bloke Sindical, explaining to them why the government does not want to index the salaries.  Oduber also reacted on the 5.2 percent catch up that the SDU has demanded.  Initially, the government didn’t want to compensate in 2002.  “The unions then left the negotiations and came back three years later.”  In 2005, after arbitration, the government came with 4 percent, said Oduber.   “The balance due is not 5.2 but 1.2 percent.”

So the government sticks to her first proposal to give each civil servant 950 florins every year for as long as the cost of living remains high.  To Oduber it is strange that the unions reject the compensation proposal.  “They were willing to accept this in 2002 and 2001.”  According to the government, the unions can continue with their actions for indexation.  “There is no money for this.  If they really think that they have the right on indexation, they should go to court.”

The government also invited the unions for a deliberation at 14:30 yesterday.  Only Bloke Sindical showed up.  The civil servants’ union considers the deliberations as ‘exchange of thoughts’, because as long as the government does not accede to her demand for 13.5 percent salary increase, a lawsuit remains unavoidable, said spokesperson Rene Bernabela.  The protesting unions refused to talk with the council of ministers again yesterday.  They each called on their members to meet and discuss the actions for today.  How long these are going to last is not known yet.  According to SDA-spokesperson Magaly Brito, they will continue until the government comes with a serious counterproposal. 

SCHOOLS

Hugo van Varsseveld of Simar indicated this morning that at least half of her 700 members are taking part in the protest action.  The teachers of Colegio Arubano hardly answered Simar’s call to walk out. 

Dean Armand Hessels indicated that because the school management is busy introducing a new computer system, he cannot say exactly how many have walked out.

“Perhaps a small amount of teachers at Colegio EPI walked out”, said director Arturo Oduber.  He needs to wait for the reports of the sector managers to know how many.  He suspects that especially the teachers of the sectors Technique and Healthcare have answered Simar’s call, but he doesn’t know how many.

SKOA, the Catholic Education Foundation of Aruba that manages 48 elementary and secondary schools doesn’t know either how many teachers answered Simar’s call.  Director Haime Mata says that he has to wait for the monthly reports of the 48 schools, but he did say that all the exams and re-exams planned for today took place as usual.   

Chief of police Peter de Witte indicated that the police department is running with minimum staffing.  “We made good arrangements with the union and there is sufficient personnel present on the vital departments and to maintain the public order.”  He doesn’t know though how many police officers are on strike and for how long.
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: March 12, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »

Krotz Springs, La.?

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: March 12, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »

Segment with Drew Peterson is over.  Dana mostly just had a conversation with Drew Peterson, Dana did not interrogate him. 

thanks Klaas...I can't even stand to hear his voice....I'd love to cut his bxlls off!!!

Oh geeze...I'll trade you 4 marbles... a twinkie from my lunch...and, my roller skates..if...if... if you let me cut just one off...puleeezzzzze...huh...wouldja...huh????

Oh you push a hard bargain....OK...you got one

Awright...hands Sunny 4 chipped marbles...1 stale twinkie...pair old rusty roller skates...and a can of WD40....now, gimme the dull knife!

I do lurk a lot and just wanted to say thanx for what everyone does on a daily basis here on scared monkeys.There isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't make me smile and laugh.For that i'm thankful today!!!

Keepthefaith

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: March 12, 2008, 12:04:52 PM »

Human trafficking increasing
Wednesday 12 March 2008

The number of reports of people trafficking in the Netherlands rose to 716 last year from 579 in 2006, according to figures by the organisation that coordinates statistics on people smuggling.

Of the 667 female victims about 50% had been forced into prostitution. The organisation says actual figures could be higher as many people are afraid to report cases.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/03/human_trafficking_increasing.php

Why don't they legalize it Rolling Eyes...like everything else Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #450 on: March 12, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »

Chief of police Peter de Witte indicated that the police department is running with minimum staffing.  “We made good arrangements with the union and there is sufficient personnel present on the vital departments and to maintain the public order.”  He doesn’t know though how many police officers are on strike and for how long.

Sounds like they might need to call in the ...ta-daaaaaaaa...Beach Patrol     The wheels on the Bus go round and round...kkkkkKarma...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: March 12, 2008, 12:08:12 PM »

The police say that between 2000 and 3000 civil servants started to gather in front of the Tax-collection Office at Paardenbaai around 08:00 this morning.

ORANJESTAD – A big group of civil servants answered the protesting unions’ call to walk out and protest for more salary.  According to the police, about 2000 to 3000 civil servants, including police officers, teachers, custom personnel, retired civil servants, and employees of government institutions gathered on the property in front of the Tax-collection Office at Paardenbaai this morning.  The group left for the Government Office via Caya Betico Croes around 09:30.

The unions decided to go on strike after the government didn’t come up with a new proposal.  After a long preliminary talk yesterday morning, Premier Nelson Oduber sent a 4-page letter to SDA and Bloke Sindical, explaining to them why the government does not want to index the salaries.  Oduber also reacted on the 5.2 percent catch up that the SDU has demanded.  Initially, the government didn’t want to compensate in 2002.  “The unions then left the negotiations and came back three years later.”  In 2005, after arbitration, the government came with 4 percent, said Oduber.   “The balance due is not 5.2 but 1.2 percent.”

So the government sticks to her first proposal to give each civil servant 950 florins every year for as long as the cost of living remains high.  To Oduber it is strange that the unions reject the compensation proposal.  “They were willing to accept this in 2002 and 2001.”  According to the government, the unions can continue with their actions for indexation.  “There is no money for this.  If they really think that they have the right on indexation, they should go to court.”

The government also invited the unions for a deliberation at 14:30 yesterday.  Only Bloke Sindical showed up.  The civil servants’ union considers the deliberations as ‘exchange of thoughts’, because as long as the government does not accede to her demand for 13.5 percent salary increase, a lawsuit remains unavoidable, said spokesperson Rene Bernabela.  The protesting unions refused to talk with the council of ministers again yesterday.  They each called on their members to meet and discuss the actions for today.  How long these are going to last is not known yet.  According to SDA-spokesperson Magaly Brito, they will continue until the government comes with a serious counterproposal. 

SCHOOLS

Hugo van Varsseveld of Simar indicated this morning that at least half of her 700 members are taking part in the protest action.  The teachers of Colegio Arubano hardly answered Simar’s call to walk out. 

Dean Armand Hessels indicated that because the school management is busy introducing a new computer system, he cannot say exactly how many have walked out.

“Perhaps a small amount of teachers at Colegio EPI walked out”, said director Arturo Oduber.  He needs to wait for the reports of the sector managers to know how many.  He suspects that especially the teachers of the sectors Technique and Healthcare have answered Simar’s call, but he doesn’t know how many.

SKOA, the Catholic Education Foundation of Aruba that manages 48 elementary and secondary schools doesn’t know either how many teachers answered Simar’s call.  Director Haime Mata says that he has to wait for the monthly reports of the 48 schools, but he did say that all the exams and re-exams planned for today took place as usual.   

Aruba Boycotts Aruba!  Good move!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: March 12, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »

Segment with Drew Peterson is over.  Dana mostly just had a conversation with Drew Peterson, Dana did not interrogate him. 

thanks Klaas...I can't even stand to hear his voice....I'd love to cut his bxlls off!!!

Oh geeze...I'll trade you 4 marbles... a twinkie from my lunch...and, my roller skates..if...if... if you let me cut just one off...puleeezzzzze...huh...wouldja...huh????

Awright...hands Sunny 4 chipped marbles...1 stale twinkie...pair old rusty roller skates...and a can of WD40....now, gimme the dull knife!

I do lurk a lot and just wanted to say thanx for what everyone does on a daily basis here on scared monkeys.There isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't make me smile and laugh.For that i'm thankful today!!!

Keepthefaith

Every Monkey has their own unique contribution to the cage.  Come in and post more on Danger Island.  It's a little less dangerous now, the police are on strike.  They had to tell us or we would never know.  How can they tell?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #453 on: March 12, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »

SCHOOLS

Aruba Boycotts Aruba!  Good move!

Yep Bearly....we should send them a bunch of *I Stand with the Girl* T's....it would give that protest some *real* meaning...

I love reading articles like this...Thanks Klaas...feel that slight breeze?...it's the flappin' gums of disgruntled, underpaid minions...yeppers...I feel a storm abrewin'...as my Dear Old Grannie use to say..."loose lips, sink ships"...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: March 12, 2008, 12:34:07 PM »

I ordered my Tote-bag yesterday and I can't wait to get it!! 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: March 12, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »

Keepthefaith

Every Monkey has their own unique contribution to the cage.  Come in and post more on Danger Island.  It's a little less dangerous now, the police are on strike.  They had to tell us or we would never know.  How can they tell?

It seems many are taking advantage of the opportunity that Natalee has afforded them.Kinda ironic for those people who bashed Natalee.Seems she's changing a nation,and or Danger Island.Many people on aruba should be thankful for the positive change she has,and will bring to so many lives.While she's changing lives for the better.The VDS family is still trying to get theres.Them are some real sick people.

Keepthefaith

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: March 12, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »

Sounds like they might need to call in the ...ta-daaaaaaaa...Beach Patrol     The wheels on the Bus go round and round...kkkkkKarma...

IIRC it was the Police Union that demanded that Jan van der Straten be re-instated as the Police Commissioner in charge of Natalee's case.

The Aruba police can thank themselves for their hard times. Tough shit.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: March 12, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »

someone from Czech Republic searching google for 'Flor' ...weird....
the search took them to SM Shango thread, lol.

Domain Name   iol.cz ? (Czech Republic)
IP Address   85.70.53.# (XDSL NETWORK-ADSL)
ISP   Cesky Telecom, A.S.
Location   Continent  :  Europe
Country  :  Czech Republic  (Facts)
State/Region  :  Stredocesky Kraj
City  :  Beroun
Lat/Long  :  49.95, 14.0833 (Map)

Language   English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System   Microsoft WinXP
Browser   Firefox
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
Javascript   version 1.5
Monitor   Resolution  :  1024 x 768
Color Depth  :  32 bits 

Time of Visit   Mar 12 2008 12:38:27 pm
Last Page View   Mar 12 2008 12:38:27 pm
Visit Length   0 seconds
Page Views   1
Referring URL  http://www.google.co...la%20Firefox&start=0
Search Engine  google.co.uk
Search Words  florencia metz
Visit Entry Page   http://scaredmonkeys....php?topic=1952.1000
Visit Exit Page   http://scaredmonkeys....php?topic=1952.1000
Out Click     
Time Zone   UTC+1:00
Visitor's Time   Mar 12 2008 6:38:27 pm
Visit Number   11,424,427

private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: March 12, 2008, 12:55:20 PM »

Could it be the beginning of a little civil unrest? Maybe Rudy will cough up part of the $65,000,000 he has made off the backs of the Arubian shoulders, or PVDS will cough up $1,000,000 to pay a small portion of the money he has forced Aruba to spend defending his guilty ass. Arubians, please note, your leaders and their pets are living the good life. Are you?
Bladerunner
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #459 on: March 12, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »

IIRC it was the Police Union that demanded that Jan van der Straten be re-instated as the Police Commissioner in charge of Natalee's case.

The Aruba police can thank themselves for their hard times. Tough shit.

Yeah, tough shit indeed, these people deserve no less and I truly hope the economic collapse of that island continues unabated. If the people of Aruba want to take back their island they could do it in a heartbeat through a coordinated uprising against the corrupt officials that got them into this mess. Until they take action--hint, you could start by advocating for the family of Natalee Holloway and stop with the BS--I'm not sheading a tear for anyone over there, period!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.