April 26, 2024, 11:11:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #484 6/30 - 7/1/2006  (Read 178059 times)
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: July 01, 2006, 01:04:20 AM »

Quote from: "cp405"
Quote from: "thirdstrike"
One of my favorite cars was a 71 Karmann Ghia, just got rid of it a few years ago.

My sister had on of those when we were growing up.  This was in the mid 80's mind you.  She dug that car, but it broke down a lot...

I couldn't handle it now, heater didn't work well, no A/C of course, but when I was young I liked it.  I let some kids work on it at the school I taught at and they ruined it.  Caught on fire one day.

Oops!  I think somebody flunked auto shop!

BRING NATALEE HOME
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2006, 01:04:43 AM »

Anybody wanna see pics of my Yugo??  How about my Pinto w/the flame decals??  Anyone??

Speaking of flame decals, what is the latest on L-r-nzo??  Wink

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2006, 01:05:02 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
One of my favorite cars was a 71 Karmann Ghia, just got rid of it a few years ago.

My sister had on of those when we were growing up.  This was in the mid 80's mind you.  She dug that car, but it broke down a lot...

I couldn't handle it now, heater didn't work well, no A/C of course, but when I was young I liked it.  I let some kids work on it at the school I taught at and they ruined it.  Caught on fire one day.

Ah, did they pass the auto repair course?

I guess not, I should have known better.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2006, 01:05:23 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
If I never had to drive freeways, I'd get one of these...just for the novilty of it:

OMG...Klaas, what is it?  It looks like a little cartoon car!

BRING NATALEE HOME
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2006, 01:06:29 AM »

Quote from: "anidac"
Quote from: "AZLady"
Wow!  A two vette household.  My hubby drools over the Z06, and I keep shaking my head at him.  Our cars are relatively affordable, but a new Z06 is out of my range.  Beautiful car and I'm sure you will both love it!

They are expensive but we have never done anything for ourselves.  We haven't even been on vacation since we where married 25 years ago.  Raised 4 kids and worked our asses off.  The vettes, our Harley, and the pool are the three toys we have to show for all the years of hard work.

All of my female neighbors got Harleys for Christmas - We are the real Desparate Housewives.

It's all about the toys - ours include a Cessna 310 (twin Engine -seats 6).

But the toys are alot of work to care for too!

Hosing off airplanes, Hosing off jet -skis, washing, waxing, rinsing!

I sound like a b itchelina but ...............

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2006, 01:07:00 AM »

anidac, no Pinto here, I think that was XXX
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2006, 01:07:06 AM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Anybody wanna see pics of my Yugo??  How about my Pinto w/the flame decals??  Anyone??

Speaking of flame decals, what is the latest on L-r-nzo??  Wink

Well, Lorenzo is Paulus's illegitimate son.  Is there more?

BRING NATALEE HOME
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2006, 01:08:07 AM »

Wow!  A two vette household.  My hubby drools over the Z06, and I keep shaking my head at him.  Our cars are relatively affordable, but a new Z06 is out of my range.  Beautiful car and I'm sure you will both love it!

They are expensive but we have never done anything for ourselves.  We haven't even been on vacation since we where married 25 years ago.  Raised 4 kids and worked our asses off.  The vettes, our Harley, and the pool are the three toys we have to show for all the years of hard work.

I have Boeing welfare to show for my years.

Know what you mean Car.  Hubby and I still have about 22 years before we reach retirement age.  In the years leading up to DirecTV being purchased by Rupert Murdock who then sold us off, we diversified our retirement funds so they would not be at risk with all the changes in the corp. scene.  We have done very well and no single event would wipe either of our honey pots out.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2006, 01:09:14 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
If I never had to drive freeways, I'd get one of these...just for the novilty of it:

OMG...Klaas, what is it?  It looks like a little cartoon car!

Tiny Car to Test U.S. Tastes
Land of Living Large May Not Be Ready for the Smart

By Greg Schneider
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, December 28, 2004; Page E01

If a Lexus or Jaguar didn't quite fit under the tree this holiday season, cheer up -- there's a car on the way that's almost small enough to gift-wrap.

The Smart, built by DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes Car Group, is a two-seat micro-car popular in the crowded cities of Europe that's making its way to the United States. It's the extreme edge of a wave of little cars inspired by the success of BMW AG's Mini Cooper, with Honda Motor Co., Nissan Motor Co. and others poised to bring super-small products to the United States from overseas markets. (snipped)

But the little car is also exceedingly Euro-looking, with an egg-shaped cabin surrounded by plastic panels that can be swapped out for different colors. It is designed by Swatch Group Ltd., known for watches, and built in France. It's hard to imagine getting someone like, say, Donald Rumsfeld to drive a smart. Which raises the question: Is the land of freedom fries ready for Pepe le Car? (snipped)

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2006, 01:09:32 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

All of my female neighbors got Harleys for Christmas - We are the real Desparate Housewives.

It's all about the toys - ours include a Cessna 310 (twin Engine -seats 6).

But the toys are alot of work to care for too!

Hosing off airplanes, Hosing off jet -skis, washing, waxing, rinsing!

I sound like a b itchelina but ...............

I once spent some time watching Cessna 310's being built.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2006, 01:09:43 AM »

I applaud anyone who has worked hard and decided to enjoy the fruits of their labor.  Too many I know just continue to work hard and never stop to smell the roses.  They squirrel everything away as if they can take it with them, and that just ain't happening.  Live, love, and be happy.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2006, 01:11:11 AM »

I applaud anyone who has worked hard and decided to enjoy the fruits of their labor.  Too many I know just continue to work hard and never stop to smell the roses.  They squirrel everything away as if they can take it with them, and that just ain't happening.  Live, love, and be happy.

heh, heh, I now have all my leisure time to spending working.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: July 01, 2006, 01:11:25 AM »

Get that pacer rockin!

...and don't come knockin'!!  Wink
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: July 01, 2006, 01:12:02 AM »

Well, Lorenzo is Paulus's illegitimate son.  Is there more?

That's the last I've heard also...

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2006, 01:13:09 AM »

Carnut the Cessna is 30 or 35 yrs old I think - Mr. mermaid drove by the shell of it every day for years finally did a title search and got it from a 90 yr old french lady.  Called in every favor ever owed to him rebuilt it from scratch took 2 1/2 years.

Best new plane in show at Lakeland that year 2001......

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: July 01, 2006, 01:14:51 AM »

That's a real Le Car, huh?  It reminds me of the golf carts the retiree's zips round in around here.  The 60 mi per gallon sounds good, but if it can't keep up with the freeway traffic, it would be a scrambled egg around here!

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: July 01, 2006, 01:15:32 AM »

Carnut the Cessna is 30 or 35 yrs old I think - Mr. mermaid drove by the shell of it every day for years finally did a title search and got it from a 90 yr old french lady.  Called in every favor ever owed to him rebuilt it from scratch took 2 1/2 years.

Best new plane in show at Lakeland that year 2001......

Looks like the kinda guy who deserves a new Vette.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2006, 01:16:02 AM »

heh, heh, I now have all my leisure time to spending working.

smart man.  I don't ever intend to retire--why would I do that when my job is so much fun?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2006, 01:17:04 AM »

That's a real Le Car, huh?  It reminds me of the golf carts the retiree's zips round in around here.  The 60 mi per gallon sounds good, but if it can't keep up with the freeway traffic, it would be a scrambled egg around here!

Not a Le Car, it's a Daimler Chrysler Smart Car.

Le Car was a French Renualt.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: July 01, 2006, 01:18:21 AM »

A Smart Car.  I thought the "smart" car was the car that could sense when another vehicle was too close and alerted the driver.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.