April 27, 2024, 04:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #484 6/30 - 7/1/2006  (Read 178118 times)
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2006, 01:19:20 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "AZLady"
That's a real Le Car, huh?  It reminds me of the golf carts the retiree's zips round in around here.  The 60 mi per gallon sounds good, but if it can't keep up with the freeway traffic, it would be a scrambled egg around here!

Not a Le Car, it's a Daimler Chrysler Smart Car.

Le Car was a French Renualt.

My Dad had one when I was growng up.  The seats actually melted in the heat.  That car was a piece of junk for sure!!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #341 on: July 01, 2006, 01:20:28 AM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
That's a real Le Car, huh?  It reminds me of the golf carts the retiree's zips round in around here.  The 60 mi per gallon sounds good, but if it can't keep up with the freeway traffic, it would be a scrambled egg around here!

Not a Le Car, it's a Daimler Chrysler Smart Car.

Le Car was a French Renualt.

My Dad had one when I was growng up.  The seats actually melted in the heat.  That car was a piece of junk for sure!!

You weren't in AZ, were you?  I think my car's seats could melt sometimes, it gets so hot here.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: July 01, 2006, 01:20:31 AM »

A Smart Car.  I thought the "smart" car was the car that could sense when another vehicle was too close and alerted the driver.

Difference between the brand 'Smart Car' and the type of 'Smart Car'.

That DC Smart Car would spin like a top on some glare ice.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2006, 01:22:14 AM »

It doesn't look especially safe to me.  Probably why Klaas said she would have it except that she has to drive freeways.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2006, 01:24:10 AM »

Well, I suppose I'll logoff tonight and save some bandwidth.  Good chatting with you all tonight.  Later.

BRING NATALEE HOME
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2006, 01:25:47 AM »

Car, have you ever heard of a Morgan 4+4?  That is what I drove in high school.  I don't remember the exact model year but it was completely hand made with a wood frame.  My father, brother, and I started working to restore it when I was about 5 years old so it was a '50's model.

cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2006, 01:26:02 AM »

Nite AZ
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2006, 01:26:13 AM »

Carnut - I drive a Cavalier (03 - black sun roof - sooooooooo cute - couple of bells and whistles that Mr. Mermaid installed)  - yes we are a Chevy Family!

Every once in a while I come home and say I saw a cute mazda or a Crossfire and I want to go test drive it just to see that little vein in Mr. Mermaid's head pump and throb! Laughing

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2006, 01:27:34 AM »

Sweet dreams AZ!

anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2006, 01:30:02 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Carnut - I drive a Cavalier (03 - black sun roof - sooooooooo cute - couple of bells and whistles that Mr. Mermaid installed)  - yes we are a Chevy Family!

Every once in a while I come home and say I saw a cute mazda or a Crossfire and I want to go test drive it just to see that little vein in Mr. Mermaid's head pump and throb! Laughing

Great little car FM.  We helped all four kids get Cavalier's in 2003-2004 when the employee discount was at it's peak.  All four cost about as much as my Tahoe.  My son lost his Cav to flood damage a few weeks ago and just bough a new Yellow Cobalt SS.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2006, 01:30:08 AM »

Quote from: "anidac"
Car, have you ever heard of a Morgan 4+4?  That is what I drove in high school.  I don't remember the exact model year but it was completely hand made with a wood frame.  My father, brother, and I started working to restore it when I was about 5 years old so it was a '50's model.

Yes, I am quite familiar with Morgans.

They are actually still in production.

I've corresponded with a lady on the net who says she was a racing drive back in the 50's 60' and has all the stories down pat.

She says she was married to a Dr. and when she got a divorce he wanted their restored Morgan in the settlement. So, before he came to pick it up she says she totally disassembled the car in the garage.

I remember seeing the story in a Sports Car mag of the era, just don't know if she was the 'for real' person in the story.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2006, 01:32:27 AM »

I'm a Cessna/Learjet kinda guy myself.
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2006, 01:35:28 AM »

I've corresponded with a lady on the net who says she was a racing drive back in the 50's 60' and has all the stories down pat.

She says she was married to a Dr. and when she got a divorce he wanted their restored Morgan in the settlement. So, before he came to pick it up she says she totally disassembled the car in the garage.

I remember seeing the story in a Sports Car mag of the era, just don't know if she was the 'for real' person in the story.

My dad had a Standard gas station and a NAPA store while I was growing up.  He bought the Morgan from some one that had used it as a rally race car and had blown the engine.  The car was literally in boxes when he brought it home.  It took nearly 17 years to complete the entire car because dad insisted on only using original parts which are very hard to find.  There where only 400 of the model we have ever produced.  Since my father passed away, my brother and I share it back and forth every couple of years.  We live half a country apart but use it as an excuse to drive the distance instead of flying and it is a really good break from daily life.  Of course we have a trailer for the car.  That car has been the highlight of many a Shirner parade over the years with all the grandkids riding and waving.

anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2006, 01:37:10 AM »

This lady doesn't live in CO does she.  I sware that sounds like the exact story my father told my mother when he brought that car home in boxes that took up the garage.  I am serious.

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2006, 01:37:44 AM »

Anna wrote:
Mrs Red,
You may have to order the cookbooks in multiples like ten at a time but seems like there are that many needed.

My sister was entitled to take mine and gave the following explanations:

She entertains and I don't
She hosts family dinners sometimes and I don't
She belongs to a supper club and I don't
I only reared boys and so am only a "meat and potatoes" kind of cook and she enjoys trying new things.

So you see, she had every right to it and I don't.  What are sisters for?

Anna - when reading this for a second I thought we were sisters ...but I know we're not as I bought my own cookbook   Wink

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2006, 01:38:59 AM »

This lady doesn't live in CO does she.  I sware that sounds like the exact story my father told my mother when he brought that car home in boxes that took up the garage.  I am serious.

Well, yes, the lady has some CO time and in her background, she was a stewardess and she drops some pretty big auto/racing names as friends.

I was under the impression though that the car deal was back east in Pennsylvania or so.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2006, 01:39:14 AM »

Well Mr. Mermaid is a Exec for a Lear/Challenger Co. in Ft Laud Exec Airport - They have like 10-12 Jets.  He started out as an A&P Mechanic 35 yrs ago.  His whole family flies and his bro is a Continental Captain.  Heck his 87 yr old Mom gave up her pilot license when she was 75 yrs old.  Everybody asks why don't I learn how to fly - the line around here is so long I would never get the chance.

Flying is like driving except there is no road under you!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2006, 01:40:47 AM »

Well Mr. Mermaid is a Exec for a Lear/Challenger Co. in Ft Laud Exec Airport - They have like 10-12 Jets.  He started out as an A&P Mechanic 35 yrs ago.  His whole family flies and his bro is a Continental Captain.  Heck his 87 yr old Mom gave up her pilot license when she was 75 yrs old.  Everybody asks why don't I learn how to fly - the line around here is so long I would never get the chance.

Shoulda worked for Cessna and get paid to learn on company time.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2006, 01:41:51 AM »

Shoulda worked for Cessna and get paid to learn on company time.

And don't tell Mr. Mermaid, but flying is quite boring as well.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2006, 01:42:01 AM »

hey monkeys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.