April 27, 2024, 05:47:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #484 6/30 - 7/1/2006  (Read 178127 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: July 01, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Am I the only one who likes Lou Rawls, Jazz and classic music, but who loved Anne Murray?

her song, Snowbird always made me sad... and I was in like 3rd or 4th grade... it worried me about the bird... Laughing

but I do love her too!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: July 01, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »

Am I the only one who likes Lou Rawls, Jazz and classic music, but who loved Anne Murray?

I like Anne Murray and classic music.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #722 on: July 01, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

Nope.   Laughing

Frijole, did you see my post above?  I was trying to figure out if you were the one who did the part of Patsy Cline?  Whomever she was, sang exactly like her. Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: July 01, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

I like Anne Murray and classic music.

and I love, love classical music... the only stuff I hate.. hate is stupid "romantic songs" like Glen Frye and Patti Smith... when we are hungry love will keep us alive....

makes me barf... Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: July 01, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Come Monday (1974) Jimmy Buffett

Oh don't even get me talking about ole Jimmy.  

My Dad was a free spirit - moved to the Caribbean 20 years ago.  Sold everything - bought a sailboat and he captained it for people on sailboat vacations.  He was a singer too.  Lots of Jimmy B memories.  

Dad died 3 years ago at only 64.  We went out on a boat and scattered his ashes and played his favorite music at his favorite anchorages.  He used to get up on stage with the local musicians and sing A Pirate Looks at 40.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #725 on: July 01, 2006, 08:13:19 PM »

Nope.   Laughing

Frijole, did you see my post above?  I was trying to figure out if you were the one who did the part of Patsy Cline?  Whomever she was, sang exactly like her. Laughing

Wasn't me but I love singing Patsy.  Another one taken away too early.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: July 01, 2006, 08:14:08 PM »

Carnut is right in that music marks different times in our lives.  A song can take a person back to a very specific moment in life, both good and bad.

The only problem is that when we hear the most rebellious music of our various times playing in the background on elevators!
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #727 on: July 01, 2006, 08:14:24 PM »

Hi everyone!

Long time no see!

I just updated my signature and realized that Natalee was ripped from Beth's arms 400 days ago today! And since I last posted 124 of our children have been killed in Iraq alone! Over 887 of our children injured or maimed in Iraq alone..............yet politicians fight over trivial matters such as how much of a pay raise they deserve..............FOR WHAT! Nothing, oh well, I won't get into that on this site................

I just wanted to say hello. I am having a kind of hard time of things, and so is Daddykacky...........I haven't even checked my email in weeks...........
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #728 on: July 01, 2006, 08:14:55 PM »

Did the site crash again?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: July 01, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »

Carnut is right in that music marks different times in our lives.  A song can take a person back to a very specific moment in life, both good and bad.

The only problem is that when we hear the most rebellious music of our various times playing in the background on elevators!

Yeah, I always wanted to jam out and shock people!  Shocked
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: July 01, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »

Carnut does not like "Sundown, you better be ware.. if I find you been sneaking round my back door... I can her lying there in her faded dress..."

Even though that song reminds me of music that might be used in one of Easy's books he is going to write.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: July 01, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Hi everyone!

Long time no see!

I just updated my signature and realized that Natalee was ripped from Beth's arms 400 days ago today! And since I last posted 124 of our children have been killed in Iraq alone! Over 887 of our children injured or maimed in Iraq alone..............yet politicians fight over trivial matters such as how much of a pay raise they deserve..............FOR WHAT! Nothing, oh well, I won't get into that on this site................

I just wanted to say hello. I am having a kind of hard time of things, and so is Daddykacky...........I haven't even checked my email in weeks...........

We have missed you Kacky.  Will add you and DaddyK to the prayer list.  It's been a tough year for you.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: July 01, 2006, 08:16:35 PM »

Oh, well, my fingers and mind were not typing the same thing, and I got words wrong, but anyway.... Carnut does not like Sundown...

I think Easy could use it as music for his movie when his book is bought by whomever makes it into a movie. Laughing

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: July 01, 2006, 08:18:37 PM »

Carnut does not like "Sundown, you better be ware.. if I find you been sneaking round my back door... I can her lying there in her faded dress..."

Even though that song reminds me of music that might be used in one of Easy's books he is going to write.

I love that song! lol
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #734 on: July 01, 2006, 08:20:55 PM »

Hi everyone!

Long time no see!

We have missed you Kacky.  Will add you and DaddyK to the prayer list.  It's been a tough year for you.

Thank you my friend...........thank you very much...........Daddykacky needs those prayers..........There is such a hole in our family.........such a big part of all of us missing...............
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: July 01, 2006, 08:21:36 PM »

Has anyone ever heard Eva Cassidy's "Song Bird" and her rendition of "Over the Rainbow?"  Talk about a beautiful untrained voice that could reach deep into the feelings of the listener and break them down into the basics that make up life.

What a tragic story she had as well......
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: July 01, 2006, 08:25:22 PM »

Has anyone ever heard Eva Cassidy's "Song Bird" and her rendition of "Over the Rainbow?"  Talk about a beautiful untrained voice that could reach deep into the feelings of the listener and break them down into the basics that make up life.

'Over the Rainbow' was sung at my mom's funeral service at her request.

Always brings tears when I hear it.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #737 on: July 01, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »

I love that song! lol

When I was a litte girl, there was a song named "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel I think it was, anyrate.........in the song, the singer says something about loving her and got up to "wash my face"............I will never forget the look on Mommakacky's face when I asked her in my honest little girl voice...........why did he have to get out of bed to wash his face...................LOLOLOLOLOL ---She just said that he must have gotten his face "muddy" playing with his friend.............and I bought it, I remember riding down the road, wondering how he got his face "muddy" in bed.....................LOLOLOL
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: July 01, 2006, 08:27:54 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

'Over the Rainbow' was sung at my mom's funeral service at her request.

Always brings tears when I hear it.

It was played at my second wedding and it brought tears to my eyes too.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: July 01, 2006, 08:28:47 PM »

I love that song! lol

When I was a litte girl, there was a song named "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel I think it was, anyrate.........in the song, the singer says something about loving her and got up to "wash my face"............I will never forget the look on Mommakacky's face when I asked her in my honest little girl voice...........why did he have to get out of bed to wash his face...................LOLOLOLOLOL ---She just said that he must have gotten his face "muddy" playing with his friend.............and I bought it, I remember riding down the road, wondering how he got his face "muddy" in bed.....................LOLOLOL

Funny.  I listened to that as a child and even as an adult and never thought about the lyrics.  Too funny.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.