April 20, 2024, 12:00:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #743 3/14 - 3/19/08  (Read 347334 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »

Janet, I hope you see this before you go to sleep!

About the Trap:
Title: Re: Natalee Case Discussion #743 3/14 -
Post by: oceanexploration on March 18, 2008, 12:22:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the issue of Trap recovery:

-After the visual inspection on 30-Dec, the initial plan discussed by the project leads and Aruban police was for us (the team on board the Persistence) to be directly involved in the recovery of the trap.  There were talks about getting the proper equipment on board the Persistence such as a suction-recovery system to sift small items from the sand.  The talks continued after Jan-7th when the samples were collected.

-Just after the 30th of Dec we were told it would take about 10-14 days to bring in a Dutch team capable of processing an underwater site. 

-Jan 9th through 13th I was off the boat and staying at the Holiday Inn for a much-needed break.  I walked up and down the beach many times a day.  On the 11th and 12th, I noticed the Dutch coast guard vessel at or VERY near the trap site.  I talked to a wind surfer instructor who claims to be at the beach every day for 8 years.  He said the boat always comes up the shore just south of where we were standing, turns away and heads offshore.  He said it never goes where it was and has never seen it stop.
The vessel was on that spot for 42 minutes that day and about the same duration the next day.  I triangulated it's position the best I could using a wrist watch and a few points on land.  It was right on the target location based on the measurements.

-When I returned to the Persistence (14-Jan) there were no more talks about a trap recovery.  When I pressed the issue, I was told "they're no longer interested in the trap or it's recovery".

-I raised the issue again in early February and the response was the same - no interest about the trap and no plans to recover.

I assume one of three scenarios: 1) They genuinely aren't interested in the trap, 2) They are/were interested and will take care of it themselves (or have already done so) and don't want us informed or involved, or 3) They already recovered the trap (or processed the site) and don't want us to know for whatever reason, good or otherwise.

I hope I've helped with your questions!

Goodnight Janet!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: March 19, 2008, 12:33:34 AM »

What day was Paulus and Anita observed on the beach watching the Persistence?  Was that the same day the big Dutch ship was in port?  Makes you wonder who alerted them that they felt they needed to do their own observation at the beach.
Copy of post from Kyle's blog:
 texasmom said...
Kyle and Persistence Crew,
Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I know that the seas have been rough and you must be exhausted. You will never know just how grateful so many people are for your heroic efforts. From what I hear one of the suspects and his wife watched from the beach today; I pray that God will find a way to touch their cold hearts and encourage them to do the right thing. God Bless All of You!

January 7, 2008 12:41 AM
sorry about that, I didn't notice the time before my first "shout out"!   Embarassed

CORRECTION -
 JANUARY 7th6th...PAULUS AND ANITA ON THE BEACH WATCHING THE PERSISTENCE...SAME DAY BEFORE SAMPLES FOR FBI WERE TAKEN BY ARUBAN POLICE!

GREAT CATCH TEXASMOM!!!

I am lost.   

Was the Persistence and her crew present when the contents were taken from the cage/trap?  Was the cage/trap retrieved also?

Janet
Thanks Janet, although I'm embarrased that I didn't catch my error before my first post, I knew that I'd posted the comment on the blog on the same day that they were on the beach not realizing that the post was actually dated the following day since it was after midnight when I posted.

This was from earlier today as to who was or was not present when the samples were taken:

Post by: oceanexploration on March 18, 2008, 11:47:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle ... I am confused.  It was my understanding that it was determined by Tim Miller, Tim Trahan as well as forensic testing that nothing significant in regards to the Natalee Holloway case was found in the cage.

Janet

- Tim Miller, Tim Trahan, Dateline and all comments in the Dateline special are pertaining to information available as of the Dec-30th dive, which was visual inspection only.  The trap contents weren't sampled until the 7th of January.  Neither Tim Miller, Tim Trahan, or Dateline were on board during this time.   Further, the forensic testing wasn't completed until early February.  The FBI comment regarding the level of case significance was premature and I believe (IMO-but with good reason) it was induced by Tim Uelinger's (Dateline producer) pressuring of the FBI contact for immediate answers.  Getting the response of nothing case significant gave Dateline a legal foothold to show the trap in their 1 hr special.  This response likely came before the FBI even received the samples for testing.

Let me make myself perfectly clear...
I am not raising the issue to project my opinions, feelings or beliefs on others of what may or may not have happened.  This is all strictly for discussion purposes and NOT to raise potentially false hope.  The purpose is to share information as accurately as possible to hopefully connect some dots in an otherwise royally convoluted mess.  It's difficult to objectively analyse information and leave emotion aside, but I ask you to do that here with the information I present.  I will continue to let you know what is my opinion and what is historical.  The separation is vital.

Thank you Texasmom.

Kyle was kind enough to respond in such great length to my query  and ... I missed his post.

Janet.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: March 19, 2008, 12:39:07 AM »

About the Trap:

-After the visual inspection on 30-Dec, the initial plan discussed by the project leads and Aruban police was for us (the team on board the Persistence) to be directly involved in the recovery of the trap.  There were talks about getting the proper equipment on board the Persistence such as a suction-recovery system to sift small items from the sand.  The talks continued after Jan-7th when the samples were collected.

-Just after the 30th of Dec we were told it would take about 10-14 days to bring in a Dutch team capable of processing an underwater site. 

-Jan 9th through 13th I was off the boat and staying at the Holiday Inn for a much-needed break.  I walked up and down the beach many times a day.  On the 11th and 12th, I noticed the Dutch coast guard vessel at or VERY near the trap site.  I talked to a wind surfer instructor who claims to be at the beach every day for 8 years.  He said the boat always comes up the shore just south of where we were standing, turns away and heads offshore.  He said it never goes where it was and has never seen it stop.
The vessel was on that spot for 42 minutes that day and about the same duration the next day.  I triangulated it's position the best I could using a wrist watch and a few points on land.  It was right on the target location based on the measurements.

-When I returned to the Persistence (14-Jan) there were no more talks about a trap recovery.  When I pressed the issue, I was told "they're no longer interested in the trap or it's recovery".

-I raised the issue again in early February and the response was the same - no interest about the trap and no plans to recover.

I assume one of three scenarios: 1) They genuinely aren't interested in the trap, 2) They are/were interested and will take care of it themselves (or have already done so) and don't want us informed or involved, or 3) They already recovered the trap (or processed the site) and don't want us to know for whatever reason, good or otherwise.

Goodnight Janet!

Texasmom ... I did read this post.  I was shocked.

Thank you very much.

Goodnight Texasmom.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: March 19, 2008, 12:41:51 AM »

You're welcome Janet, I'm glad I could help!

Goodnight to you too Janet.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

ocgirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #944 on: March 19, 2008, 12:55:41 AM »

Seaports of Aruba

Mr. J. A. (Alfonso) Boekhoudt, Managing Director
Aruba Ports Authority NV
L.G. Smith Boulevard 23
Oranjestad, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles
Telephone: (297) 582-6633
FAX: (297) 583-2896
TLX: 5120 HAFAR NA
Aruba has three seaports. The port of Oranjestad, Aruba's container port and cruise ship terminal, is accessible to all types of vessels. It has a depth of 38 feet MLW and 4,070 feet of docking space. The container terminal has a 50-ton gantry crane with a maximum capacity of 60,000 TEUs containers per year, and a 140-ton mobile crane. There are also two roll-on roll-off ramps, and facilities for 36 reefer connections are available.

Barcadera is the industrial port with a depth of 36 feet and 1,148 feet of docking space. The Aruba Ports Authority administers the ports of Oranjestad and Barcadera while the Coastal Aruba Refining Company NV administers the port of San Nicolas (Sint Nicolaas), hosting the oil terminals and two reef berths.

Perhaps inquiries to "The Aruba Ports Authority" could determine the names of the five (5) "decked fishing vessels" used in Aruba's fishing industry and their "catch" capabilities  (as listed in the earth watch site):

Decked Fishery Vessels . The term "fishery vessel" refers to "mobile floating objects of any kind and size, operating in freshwater, areas, and used for catching, harvesting, searching, transporting, landing, preserving and/or processing fish, shellfish and other plants."
Decked vessels are those that have a fixed structural deck covering the entire hull above the deepest operating waterline, include trawlers, purse seiners, gill netters, long liners, trap setters, other seiners and liners, multipurpose vessels, dredgers and nonfishing vessels such as motherships, fish carriers, fishery research vessels, etc.
View full technical notes on-line at http://earthtrends.wri.org/searchable_db/variablenotes_static.cfm?varid=98&theme=1

Life is not about waiting out the storm....it's about learning how to dance in the rain!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #945 on: March 19, 2008, 01:13:33 AM »

I believe that a fish cage the size that we saw in the
photos would require welding.
Maybe we should find out where the Persistence crew
had the model of the trap made.
I am not sure where one would go to have welding done.
I would go to a family member or an artist friend.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #946 on: March 19, 2008, 01:39:44 AM »

About the Trap:

Goodnight Janet!

Thank you very much.

Goodnight Texasmom.

Janet

I am totally trying to read between the lines on this...

Is the Aruban Coast Guard part of ALE? 

Who is the commanding officer over the Coast Guard?

Is that an elected Official?

Is it Croes?  Or is it even higher up -- like Oduber?

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: March 19, 2008, 01:42:12 AM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/3589113/_Kamer__Werkloze_Antilliaan_weren__.html?p=4,1
http://www.nu.nl/news/1486606/11/%27Ontzeg_werkloze_Antilliaan_toegang_tot_Nederland%27.html

the two largest coalition parties (PvdA/CDA) of the dutch government are calling for jobless antillians and arubans to not allow them entry to the netherlands or even send them back.

dutch justice minister hirsch ballin is already working on a proposal to send criminal antillians and arubans back.
http://antilliaans.caribiana.nl/aruba/Car20080223_Personenverkeer

this prompted rudy croes in return to call jvds 'criminal dutchie' a persona non grata.
http://www.nu.nl/news/1427850/20/rss/'Joran_persona_non_grata_op_Aruba'.html

i am sure there will be reaction to this from the antilles/aruba.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: March 19, 2008, 02:00:39 AM »

About the Trap:

Goodnight Janet!

Thank you very much.

Goodnight Texasmom.

Janet

I am totally trying to read between the lines on this...

Is the Aruban Coast Guard part of ALE? 

Who is the commanding officer over the Coast Guard?

Is that an elected Official?

Is it Croes?  Or is it even higher up -- like Oduber?

Antilles and Aruban Coast Guard is part of Royal Netherlands Navy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Netherlands_Navy

commanding officer (CZMCARIB) is P. W. Lenselink, a Dutchie.
http://www.marine.nl/overdemarine/admiraliteitsraad/c-carib/

he is commander of the Navy in the Caribbean area and also director of the Coast Guard of the Dutch Antilles and Aruba.

in june 2007 he took over from F. Sijtsma.
http://antilliaans.caribiana.nl/antillen/car20070629_afscheid_CZM
http://www.marine.nl/overdemarine/admiraliteitsraad/czmcarib/index.html

finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #949 on: March 19, 2008, 02:17:11 AM »

Yes, the Mormons have a great database. Info only good as those who submit lineage, or those two guys on the bikes have time to find. There are others.

Perhaps, to find more fruit, one might need to seek another family tree.

Maybe shake the tree of a retired ex-polis and see what kinda flavour falls out.

Who knows...it may lead to the fifth and a monkey.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Flip tha coin again, sour mash gal.

There is more than one retired polis....

Maybe search: Solagnier + genaruba

=

"...Frenchman...."
"Blue blood...."
"Cousins"
"Crows"
"South American"
"Curacao"
"grandmother"
"Insurance"
"Blogs"
"ALE"
"Ex-monkey"

ah ... Tio Rufo, SGC's next door neighbor?
fin thinks SGC the 5th?

the monkey is ex/not current?

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: March 19, 2008, 02:18:00 AM »

The above would indicate at a minimum a dotted line of direct reporting to the Queen Beatrix appointed Governor of Aruba if not a direct line of direct report, wouldn't you think?  I would.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: March 19, 2008, 02:24:09 AM »

Just thinking about the masterful monkey researchers here & the location of (dirtyhand?) Van der straaten following his departure from Bonaire would be rather interesting as the excuse for his noncontinuance on Bonaire that was given was due to him belonging to the Dutch.  Didn't Jossey Mansur indicate that (dirtyhand)Van der stratten a week or so ago was on the island of LieAruba?

I'm telling ya, it's like LieAruba's playbook is a copycat of that which is currently happening in the USA.
Finbar
Scared Monkey

« Reply #952 on: March 19, 2008, 02:28:37 AM »

Shango, the monkey?

Not Shango.

Search: Solaganier + genaruba

Fin

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: March 19, 2008, 02:32:36 AM »

Yes, the Mormons have a great database. Info only good as those who submit lineage, or those two guys on the bikes have time to find. There are others.

Maybe shake the tree of a retired ex-polis and see what kinda flavour falls out.

=

"...Frenchman...."
"Blue blood...."
"Cousins"
"Crows"
"South American"
"Curacao"
"grandmother"
"Insurance"
"Blogs"
"ALE"
"Ex-monkey"

ah ... Tio Rufo, SGC's next door neighbor?
fin thinks SGC the 5th?

the monkey is ex/not current?

RUFO SOLOGNIER
Retired ALE Police Chief

Nancy Grace for June 27, 2005, CNNHN
Aired June 17, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, breaking news. Eighteen-year-old Alabama beauty Natalee Holloway disappeared into thin air during her high school senior trip. And tonight, the mystery intensifies on the tiny island of Aruba. In the last 24 hours, a fourth suspect behind bars tonight in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. No body has been found. Is there a hope this girl is still alive?

snip

GRACE: Good evening, everybody. I`m Nancy Grace. And I want to thank you for being with us tonight.
snip
 But first, breaking news in the Natalee Holloway case. Aruba police take a fourth suspect into custody tonight.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S MOTHER: The frustration is unimaginable. It`s unimaginable. And I have waited, and I have waited, and I have waited, and I have listened, and I have heard lie after lie after lie unfold. And I have to have some answers, and I better get them soon.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
GRACE: That`s Natalee`s mother.
Tonight, in Atlanta, defense attorney Lisa Wayne; in New York, defense attorney David Schwartz; psychiatrist Dr. Joseph Deltito is with us.
But first, let`s go down to Aruba and CNN correspondent Karl Penhaul. Karl, an incredible development, yet a fourth suspect behind bars tonight. Why?

KARL PENHAUL, CNN CORRESPONDENT: The fourth suspect that has been arrested has been named as Steven Croes, Steve Croes. Police arrested him around dawn.
What the chief police commissioner, Jan Van Der Straaten, told me when I talked to him was that his name had come up during an interrogation of the three young suspects already in custody for around ten days. What we`re also hearing is that this arrest could have been based on some kind of electronic surveillance.

Steve Croes is a D.J. on the tattoo party boat. That`s 150-foot three-deck catamaran that sails just off the west coast of Aruba with partygoers on board, usually in the evenings. And he is the D.J. on that ship. But his boss, Marcus Williams (sic), has also told us that he is an experienced seaman, as well, Nancy.

GRACE: You know what, Karl Penhaul, a lot of what you`re telling me, very, very interesting the fact that no sight nor sound, hide nor hair of Natalee Holloway, and you`re saying this guy D.J.s on a cruise ship. Explain that. What, does he go out for the evening, they party hardy, and then come back?

PENHAUL: Exactly that cruise ship, called the tattoo party boat, like I say, a 110-foot catamaran, that usually leaves the pier in front of the Aruba Grand Hotel. That`s about 300 yards down the beach from the Holiday Inn where Natalee Holloway was staying. That boat leaves most evenings at around 8 o`clock in the evening, gets back about 12 o`clock.

The staff, the crew of the boat, are usually leaving the pier and going home around 1 o`clock. But according to the owner, that boat generally doesn`t go out on a Sunday night, unless, of course, there`s a special party booked. You`ll remember that Natalee Holloway went missing late Sunday night, very early Monday morning -- Nancy?

GRACE: Karl, do we know if there was a special party booked that Sunday night that she went missing?

PENHAUL: We don`t have that answer yet. We are looking into that to see what the boat`s movements were. We do know from the owner, Marcus Williams (sic), that Steve Croes did have a key to the boat. But the owner also tells us that the boat has a special electronic security system on it and he doesn`t believe that Steve Croes would have been able to take the boat without his permission. And he has described Steve Croes as a model employee, Nancy.

GRACE: Hmm. Let me quickly go to David Schwartz, defense attorney. David, these three guys, Van Der Sloot and the other two young guys that took Natalee, it was not against her will, but went with her from the bar that night. At this juncture, they`re being held separately. They`ve not been able to meet with their family.

David, don`t you believe they`ll be willing to say anything to pin this on somebody else, not saying they did it, but to just get the heat off them?

DAVID SCHWARTZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, at this point, from a defense standpoint, Nancy, they should just shut their mouths at this point. They`re being detained on a murder case. And you know, they should have the right not to speak.

Now, I don`t understand how it works in Aruba. Every time somebody`s name gets popped around, they could go ahead and arrest people.

GRACE: We don`t know that. We don`t know that. These three people have been...

(CROSSTALK)

SCHWARTZ: We know that about the two security guards, Nancy. We know that they went out and arrested these two security guards. I`d still like to know what evidence they had against these two security guards to hold them from the time that they did.

GRACE: Dr. Joseph Deltito, these three have been behind bars for a considerable period of time. I doubt very seriously that just because somebody`s name pops up they get arrested. Look how long it took to get these three behind bars. But what I`m thinking about right now, remember the two Kalpoe brothers spoke to the security guards?

Everybody, you were just looking at a shot of Van Der Sloot, the judge`s son, and the Kalpoe brothers. These three are the ones behind bars in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. We know that they were willing to lay the blame on the security guards, OK? So how do we know anything`s different with this fourth suspect?

JOSEPH DELTITO, PSYCHIATRIST: No, we don`t know what they`re saying, and they may just have offered a name, as you say, just to get attention away from them.

GRACE: Heat off them.

DELTITO: You really don`t know. And we don`t know where this guy, Croes, fits into the whole story right now. So it`s speculation based on not much evidence that we can really work with.

GRACE: Dr. Deltito, take a listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TWITTY: I really didn`t speak with all three of the suspects. Only one of the suspects approached the vehicle that I was seated in. And what was given to me from him was a very condescending, arrogant, and very cold and somewhat powerful attitude.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: That`s Natalee`s mother. She is vowing not to leave the island without her girl, Natalee Holloway.

Back to Karl Penhaul, CNN correspondent there in Aruba. Karl, you mentioned electronic surveillance. Now, what that means to me, in America, would either be a wiretap, a GPS locator. What kind of electronic surveillance has led to the arrest of the fourth suspect, Steve Croes?

PENHAUL: Well, we don`t know for sure that it was, in fact, electronic surveillance. That is one theory that is being put out, because police themselves are being tight-lipped.

The police commissioner, Van Der Straaten, did tell me that the name came up during interrogation in part of the investigation. When I got back to him and asked him about the possibility of electronic surveillance, we wouldn`t go further into this. Of course, we do know that the investigators and police are playing cards very close to their chest in order not to prejudice their investigation at this stage, Nancy.

GRACE: Lisa Wayne, when we`re talking about electronic surveillance, we`re normally talking about a wiretap, that could be a cell phone, a home phone, even a pay phone that someone is known to use.

And Lisa, another issue is, from the time that these three young men were taken into custody, and now, many days later, almost two weeks later, that is plenty of time to get authority for a wiretap and to listen to it, Lisa Wayne.

LISA WAYNE, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I agree. I mean, maybe someone`s phone number came up on one of their phones. Maybe they`re trying to set up some phone calls. I mean, you know, it seems like the police are casting a very broad net.

We don`t know if that`s the pressure of this mother, and they need some leads, and they`re trying to develop things as they come. But maybe they set up a phone call. Maybe they got a phone number off one of these kids` phones. And that could be the surveillance.
GRACE: Very quickly, back to Karl Penhaul, Karl, before we go to break, what can you tell me about this fourth suspect, his age, his family situation, what?

PENHAUL: He`s a 26-year-old, originally born on Curacao, but he has lived on Aruba for many years now. He`s a recent divorcee. He`s the father of a 2-year-old son. He was living in the town of Santa Cruz. That`s a town in the center of the island near the national park. He was living at that house with his grandfather and his grandmother, living next door to his uncle. His uncle is a retired police chief inspector, Nancy.

GRACE: Karl, what if any connection is there between -- this is a grown man, he`s a 26-year-old divorced father -- and these three young guys who are partying hardy at Carlos and Charlie`s. What`s the connection?

PENHAUL: Police and prosecutors haven`t told us of any connection. But talking to Steven Croes` boss, Marcus Williams, he says that he believes that he knew one of the Kalpoe brothers through the Internet Cafe. Now, we know that Deepak, the eldest of the Kalpoe brothers, the 21-year- old, worked at the Cyberzone Internet Cafe. And it seems as it`s there where he knew Steve Croes, Nancy.

GRACE: We are live in Aruba tonight with CNN correspondent Karl Penhaul. In a stunning new development in the Natalee Holloway disappearance, a fourth suspect behind bars tonight. Is there a break in the case? Please stay with us.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TWITTY: When I say it`s just beginning, I think everyone can see. Everyone can see that. It`s just beginning, because we don`t even have one answer yet. We have to find Natalee. They have to find our daughter.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S FATHER: The people here has been have been absolutely amazing. We`ve been with Red Cross on some occasions. And those ladies have been awesome. And it`s truly -- the whole island wants to be helpful and wants resolution to this case.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: That is Natalee Holloway`s father, also there on Aruba.

Welcome back, everybody. A stunning development in the Natalee Holloway search. As you know, the Alabama beauty, also an honors student with a full scholarship at University of Alabama waiting on her upon her return, went missing on her senior trip. Tonight, a fourth suspect behind bars.

Straight down to Aruba and CNN correspondent Karl Penhaul. Karl, take a listen to what Steve Croes` employer had to say.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MARCUS HIGGINS, FOURTH SUSPECT`S EMPLOYER: He had told me that he had a friendship with one of the -- a superficial friendship, in the sense that I believe they went to the same Internet caf' and that he did know one of the suspects. And that was all that he had ever told me about his association with this disappearance.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: You know, Karl Penhaul, it disturbed a lot of legal experts that it took so long for Aruban police to seize the car Natalee left the bar in that night, the night of her disappearance. So I understand that, today, Steve Croes, the fourth suspect arrested, they`ve already searched his home. Is that true?
PENHAUL: We don`t know how thorough the search of his home was. By the time that we arrived at Steve Croes` home in midmorning, possibly four hours, five hours after the arrest, there was no sign of police there. Steve Croes` uncle told us that police came and left pretty quickly.

What we do know is that Steve Croes` car, a black Honda, was still parked in the driveway outside the house. What we also know is that tattoo party boat, where Steve Croes was D.J., has not been searched by police. And Steve Croes` employer, Marcus Wiggins, not Williams, as I said earlier, but Wiggins, has said that he has not been contacted by the police to give any references or, in fact, to ask any more about the boat itself, Nancy.

GRACE: Karl, I`m stunned. History is repeating itself. Aruba police, listen! Search the guy`s car. Search the cruise ship. Talk to everybody this guy knows.
David Schwartz, have you ever seen anything like it? You think this guy may be connected to the disappearance of an American girl. They take him into custody, and his car is sitting there in the driveway. Hello? Search it! Fiber, hair, semen, blood, fingerprints, same thing for the boat. What are they thinking?
SCHWARTZ: You stole my thunder, Nancy. I totally agree with you. I`ve never heard of anything like this. Where I practice, the arrest is made, the search warrants are in place, and then they search either the house or the car. Sure, there`s evidence -- there is potential evidence there.

There could be DNA, there could be hair fibers, there could be semen, there could be condoms, there could be e-mails, computers, anything.

GRACE: Anything.

SCHWARTZ: And also, with Van Der Sloot, don`t forget, it took them ten days. What is going on there? How could it take them ten days? It`s OK for them to detain Van Der Sloot, but then again, the attorney general stated that he would be acting like a cowboy if he just ran into the house. I don`t understand it.

GRACE: Well, that is what search warrants are for.

Back to Karl Penhaul, Karl, you mention the Internet cafe. Do we have any idea whether Natalee Holloway logged on to her e-mail while she was down there? You know, there is the Internet cafes, cruise ships have Internet for Americans that want to use it. Any idea about that?

PENHAUL: We don`t have any exact feed on that, Nancy. What I can tell you about the Internet is that, during the search of the Kalpoe brothers` houses around ten days ago, the CPU, the hard drive of a computer, was seized from that house and taken away.

A law enforcement source close to this investigation has said that that computer is still being searched. Internet information is being analyzed. But that source didn`t tell us whether that has produced any leads.

What we also know is that Joran Van Der Sloot, on a number of occasions, went to the Cyberzone Internet Cafe to meet his friend, Deepak Kalpoe, who is an employee at the Cyberzone Cafe. And what we also understand, from the owner of the Cyberzone Caf', is that none of the hard drives or none of the computers from the Cyberzone Cafe where Deepak worked have been impounded or seized, Nancy.

GRACE: Oh, when will it end? You know, I hate to keep comparing it to the American investigation, but the first thing you do is look at the e- mail, the hard drives of all of the computers that these suspects had access to.

snip:
END
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/17/missing.teen/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160562,00.html
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/17/ng.01.html

Finbar
Scared Monkey

« Reply #954 on: March 19, 2008, 02:37:36 AM »

=

"...Frenchman...."
"Blue blood...."
"Cousins"
"Crows"
"South American"
"Curacao"
"grandmother"
"Insurance"
"Blogs"
"ALE"
"Ex-monkey"

ah ... Tio Rufo, SGC's next door neighbor? Rufo... rings a bell. Is he a neighbour?
fin thinks SGC the 5th? Why would he lie? Any reasons? Any relations to an ex-monkey?

the monkey is ex/not current? Posts the cage no more.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: March 19, 2008, 02:50:35 AM »

about this Hendrik Croes hit-and-run case:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/4225/5
here Hans Mos says it would have been smarter for the police man to have worn a police uniform while he was directing the traffic. just a badge is difficult to recognise for approaching traffic. it is not that he had to wear a uniform by law but it would have been smarter.

furthermore he says it is not all that clear if Hendrik Croes did drive into the police man.
Mos has wait for evidence for that.
but it is clear that he drove on afterwards, but that alone is not enough to keep him detained.

so Hendrik Croes did a 'run', now the OM has to find out if it was a 'hit'.
and the police are smart if they wear uniforms while directing traffic.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: March 19, 2008, 03:05:41 AM »

=

"...Frenchman...."
"Blue blood...."
"Cousins"
"Crows"
"South American"
"Curacao"
"grandmother"
"Insurance"
"Blogs"
"ALE"
"Ex-monkey"

ah ... Tio Rufo, SGC's next door neighbor? Rufo... rings a bell. Is he a neighbour?
fin thinks SGC the 5th? Why would he lie? Any reasons? Any relations to an ex-monkey?

Rufo Solagnier - Retired Police Chief/Uncle to Steve Croes/Lives Next Door to Steve Croes who lives with his grandparents or did as of his arrest in 2005

Is Steve Croes the one we needed to shake from the tree? 

Is Steve Croes the ex/monkey?

Or is Rufo the one we needed to shake from the tree?

Is Rufo the ex/monkey?

finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #957 on: March 19, 2008, 03:06:33 AM »

"...Frenchman...."
"Blue blood...."
"Cousins"
"Crows"
"South American"
"Curacao"
"grandmother"
"Insurance"
"Blogs"
"ALE"
"Ex-monkey"

see txmom post above, LOL

BTW, knew Tio Rufo was ex-polis ...
didn't know ex-inspector ... what rank is that exactly?
like a detective?

would def lie to cover his own hindquarters

ah ha

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #958 on: March 19, 2008, 03:07:18 AM »

about this Hendrik Croes hit-and-run case:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/4225/5
here Hans Mos says it would have been smarter for the police man to have worn a police uniform while he was directing the traffic. just a badge is difficult to recognise for approaching traffic. it is not that he had to wear a uniform by law but it would have been smarter.

furthermore he says it is not all that clear if Hendrik Croes did drive into the police man.
Mos has wait for evidence for that.
but it is clear that he drove on afterwards, but that alone is not enough to keep him detained.

so Hendrik Croes did a 'run', now the OM has to find out if it was a 'hit'.
and the police are smart if they wear uniforms while directing traffic.
Thanks Caesu! What the heck difference does it make if the guy had on a uniform or not....if You hit someone with Your car You don't drive away...  Oh Yah I forgot were talking about Aruba....

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Finbar
Scared Monkey

« Reply #959 on: March 19, 2008, 03:08:37 AM »

RUFO SOLOGNIER
Retired ALE Police Chief

Now that rings a louder bell.

No typos in

Search: Solagnier + genaruba.

Do names through genealogy histories always stay the same?

Fin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.