March 28, 2024, 12:26:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dateline 3/14/08 - The Girl in the Little Blue Dress  (Read 9313 times)
bluwaters
Scared Monkey

« on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »

This heartbreaking show reminds me of Natalee Holloway's case in some ways. 

The Girl in the Little Blue Dress
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23592454/

This child, Michelle, has been missing since 1969. She sadly died that year and her death was covered up by the perps.
Michelle's father has been searching for her ever since.
Because of the father's Persistence the mother is now in jail and on trial for murder. She is awaiting a retrial as the jury was deadlocked 10/2  in favor of a guilty verdict and a mistrial.
I am struck by the fact that there is no physical evidence, yet the state of California is able to charge and prosecute the one seen last with the victim. There is more evidence in Natalee's case than Michelle's.
The difference?
The cover up of Michelle's murder is not directed by LE and other state authorities.
Tragically, child welfare laws were not friendly to fathers and, in 1969, this father had no rights to get LE involved with investigating the disappearance of his child, as his ex had custody.

I realize that there is a huge difference in US - CA law and the laws of Aruba but still!
If California can do it, why can't Aruba???
Of course, there is no guarantee that Michelle's case will see justice, but at least the DA in California is trying hard to see justice done.
Why does Aruba not care about justice? The corruption is exposed for the whole world to see and still - nothing happens.
I am excited about Greta's lawsuit! What a hoot! Between that and Dr. Phil, we may see some great depositions. 
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 04:44:48 AM »

Thank you for bringing that article here.  What a fascinating and horrifying story. 

I cannot imagine for a moment in time leaving my child.  From the moment she was born, she barely left my room in the hospital.  I carried her on my hip for two years.  "Hold you".  She didn't say "hold me".  She would come up to me and say "hold you".  So I did.  They're only that small once. 

No, there are a lot of things really wrong with this woman's story.  Battered or not.  The alleged batterer is dead.  No time like the present to tell the truth.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.