March 29, 2024, 03:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old News RWV June 2,2005-July 31 2005  (Read 10622 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 16, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »

Old News RWV June 2,2005-July 31 2005

Natalee Holloway: Was She Raped And Murdered By Deepak Kalpoe?

As first mentioned in How Did Natalee Holloway Leave Carlos and Charlies, RWV has obtained exclusive, credible information as regards events surrounding the Mountain Brook Aruba trip in general, as well as specific events at Carlos and Charlies the night of Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Diario Editor, Jossy Mansur, tonight on Fox News stated that in earlier testimony suspect Joran Van der Sloot claimed that Deepak Kalpoe raped and murdered Natalee Holloway and buried her body near a fisherman's hut on the beach. Van der Sloot is said to have claimed he had fallen asleep with Natalee on the beach, woke up and then left. He also is reported to have alleged that Deepak Kalpoe then went back, raped and murdered the young girl.

In a report from a student in attendance on the trip, this does match with certain information gathered during my reporting. It was stated to me that Joran, far from being an antagonist, was much more laid back in his interactions with the young Americans on the trip - and it was actually Deepak Kalpoe who was much more "in your face."

As already reported, at least one confrontation on the trip the night before the group's last evening in Aruba did not involve Joran Van der Sloot and a Mountain Brook student; instead, the confrontation was between Deepak Kalpoe and a student from the Alabama high school.

In addition to that, I have been told that, as reported elsewhere, the notion that Joran Van der Sloot "hit on" Natalee twice and was rebuffed was "ridiculous." Natalee, along with some other Mountain Brook girls was rather taken with the young Dutch boy and it should have come as no surprise to anyone that they might have wound up together in some fashion at the end of the evening.

The same cannot be said for Deepak Kalpoe - in fact, just the opposite. According to a student on the trip, Deepak Kalpoe appeared to be quite attracted to the young blond girl from Alabama, who did not return the attraction and was far more interested in Joran.

Also as previously reported in story above, I've been informed that Natalee Holloway did not leave the front of Carlos and Charlies with Joran Van der Sloot, she was seen leaving with Deepak Kalpoe by, perhaps, the last known Mountain Brook student to see her alive. The report comes from one of the students inside of one of the now infamous taxi cabs into which other friends of Natalee thought she would enter to return to her hotel and safety.

While this last piece is speculative at best, based upon what I have learned, it is entirely possible that Deepak Kalpoe used Joran Van der Sloot as bait to get Natalee away from her friends. If Van der Sloot, the Kalpoes and Natalee all met up either around the corner, or on the beach, it would jibe with the information I have obtained.

Based upon gathered information speaking directly to the then existing dynamics between the young men and Natalee Holloway, I found the version of events attributed to Joran Van der Sloot and related by Jossy Mansur on Fox News tonight to be possibly the most credible version of events that night I've heard to date.

Update: Another point, as I reported here weeks ago, additional information from Aruba pointed to an eyewitness who saw both Kalpoe brothers thoroughly washing out their vehicle at a location beside their home which was termed "unusual." It was suggested the location was not the normal one they used and would help to obscure any view of their efforts from the street. This took place after their initial release from questioning and prior to their arrest.

When, based upon discussions I had with individuals close to the search party, EquuSearch sought to check the area with dogs, they were turned away by the Mother of Deepak Kalpoe.

This post is also available at Blogger News Network.

Monday, July 25, 2005 at 10:31 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_68.html

New Witness In Natalee Holloway Case Claims To Know Where Her Body Is Located

With the FBI in town and the lead prosecutor out of town, the heat seems to be rising under the Natalee Holloway investigation in Aruba.

One witness claims to be able to place all three boys at a popular racquetball club located approximately 200 yards from the Marriott Hotel where the boys first claimed to have dropped off Natalee Holloway.

If true, that report could clear up one longstanding concern with the boys story. The beaches around the hotels are known to be covered with people well into the night, it might have been preferable for the boys to have taken Natalee Holloway to a more discreet location, like a racquetball club, had they been seeking some privacy.

Unconfirmed reports suggest Joran Van der Sloot, an athlete and accomplished young tennis player, may have frequented the racquetball club a few times a week. It's unclear if he had 24/7 access, or if the club somehow acted as a possible after hours party location for some, even a small group without the knowledge of club management.

As to the where abouts of Natalee Holloway, it is at least suspected that some design may have gone into the handling of those details. It has been speculated that Paul(us) Van der Sloot, Joran's Father, may have played a role. If true, it is likely that his experience and expertise in the law may have led him to layer the puzzle surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

By making arrangements to dispose of her body, or disposing of it himself, he may have insulated his young son from interrogators bent on getting to the truth by witholding details, even from his son. Also, given the emerging details of where the boys may have actually been that night, it is possible that they did bury her initially in the sand, as an alleged early confession suggested, with the body having been re-located some time later. Developing. See below.

NBC News has learned that there is a new witness in the case. This witness claims to know where Holloway's body was placed. The witness is reportedly cooperating with Aruban police. No other details about the witness or what that person witnessed is available.

Monday, July 25, 2005 at 01:37 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/new_witness_in_.html

Sunday, July 24, 2005
Natalee Holloway's Top Spotted In Fox Video?

CRITICAL UPDATE: A review of the video suggets the item in question is not an article of clothing, but something the individual pictured was carrying in his hand when approaching the scene. Video available here.

Reader Robert J emailed to tell me that alert Scared Monkeys readers claim to have spotted the top of Natalee Holloway in a video from Fox News.

Sunday, July 24, 2005 at 03:41 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_58.html

Natalee Holloway And Joran Van der Sloot Captured On Film At Carlos And Charlies

I received a tip that there was a picture showing Joran Van der Sloot inside Carlos and Charlies on the night of Natalee Holloway's disappearance. That image seemed clear; however after an initial review of the pictures, it now appears that a tourist with a camera may have captured the last known image of Natalee Holloway, as well.

Though time and date stamped and captioned suggesting one of the images may be Natalee, I had my doubts as regards any of the pictures being legitimate. But further inspection suggests they are, indeed, genuine.

The image below is obviously of Joran Van der Sloot in his favorite light plaid shirt. The image is stamped at 12:30 AM on the night of Natalee's disappearance and was taken inside of Carlos and Charlies. A second image, possibly of Natalee Holloway is much more difficult to make out. Along with the tourist suggesting the blonde girl in sun glasses standing by the door was Natalee Holloway, there's an additional factor which leads me to believe that may be the case.

Last seen wearing: ... a denim knee length skirt, a teal green halter top and brown flip-flops.

That is the outfit she has on in the AP/Beth Twitty credited picture above. Below is the caption:

Natalee Holloway, left, poses with friends Lee Broughton, Madison Whatley, and Ruth McVay, left to right, in a photograph taken with Natalee's disposable camera on the beach in Aruba, May 29, 2005, hours before she disappeared. (Photo: AP/Beth Twitty) Could_be_last_pic

When you enlarge the picture taken at 12:23 AM of a young woman standing in the doorway, it becomes clear by examining the palette that the top is of a green color matching the top Natalee Holloway is said to have been wearing that evening.

In his recap, the tourist describes her as "The tall blond girl standing at the doorway in the background/she has sunglasses on."

Still doubting the images, I started to examine them more closely. If you look at the tall narrow image (left bottom), it seems fairly clear that the outfit of a girl standing just barely within the camera frame matches that of Lee Broughton, also pictured in the image at the beach with Natalee Holloway and her friends.

It was that which made me feel more comfortable that these pictures were, in fact, taken inside Carlos and Charlies on the night of Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Combining all of the above, it is possible to at least consider the notion that the murky image in the background of a picture from a tourist snapping pictures inside Carlos and Charlies the evening Natalee Holloway disappeared may represent the last known image of the young girl alive.

UPDATE: I didn't even see it, a commenter has pointed it out - but that is indeed likely to be Natalee Holloway leaning down from up on the bar. I initially thought the one girl had her arm in the air, closer inspection shows that to not be the case.
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_52.html
Friday, July 22, 2005 at 02:40 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Dave Holloway: A Telling Meeting Thursday, July 21, 2005

This has likely been reported, I don't have time to read much news these days. But I can't say that I wasn't left shaking my head and wondering at the bolded line below from a Meridian Star story from yesterday. It's a registered site ... but free.

Dave Holloway had questions and he hoped Paul van der Sloot might have some answers. The two men engaged in conversation for nearly an hour on Saturday, palms locked in a handshake the entire time, one desperately hoping to find information on his missing daughter, the other only trying to protect his son.

"I told him, I am a forgiving person. If he is innocent, he needs to profess his innocence to me. If an accident happened on this, I can live with that," Holloway said. "And about that time, his eyes watered and his voice quivered and he said, 'I've got to do everything I can to protect my son.'"
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/dave_holloway_a.html
Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 09:44 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Family Of Natalee Holloway Hires Private Investigator

Earlier reports of voice analysis being done may have been false, but rooted to this investigator's previous visit on his own dimje to the island. It has been my understanding all along that, assuming the fund raising permitted it - the family would employ a private investigator if needed.

Contrary to some reports, the Twitty family is not wealthy, they are said to be a working class family.

Jug Twitty works for a metals company in Alabama and Beth works as a speech therapist.

Twitty grew up in Pine Bluff, Ark., and met her first husband, Dave Holloway, after college, family members said. The couple had two children, Natalee and Matt, 16. They eventually divorced and Twitty lived in Mississippi for several years.

In the late 1990s she married George "Jug" Twitty, who works for a metals company in the Birmingham area. She moved to Mountain Brook, a Birmingham suburb, and continued her career working with young children as a speech pathologist in the public schools, where she was hired by Standifer.

"I knew she was strong and smart," Standifer said. "That's why I hired her. But I've been surprised at how determined and strong she is." Twitty and her daughter were extremely close – "buddies" – in Standifer's words.

Natalee was sometimes called "Hootie" by friends, and Twitty at times took the moniker, "Big Hootie." "Beth took the summer off to help Natalee get ready to go to college," Standifer said. "She was an honors student and got a full scholarship to the University of Alabama."

As for the investigator, read below.

The parents of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teenager missing in Aruba, have hired an Alpharetta firm to begin a private investigation.

The teen, who was in Aruba to celebrate her high school graduation, was last seen in Aruba six weeks ago.

“I was watching this case just completely start falling apart, and I felt bad for the family,” said T.J. Ward, a private investigator with the firm Investigative Consultants International.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 02:11 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/family_of_natal.html

How Did Natalee Holloway Leave Carlos And Charlies?

New information has emerged suggesting that one of the mainstays in the Natalee Holloway mystery, that she left the club in a grey car with Joran Van der Sloot and the two Kalpoe brothers, Satish and Deepak, may be incorrect.

It appears she may have left the front of the club on foot with Deepak Kalpoe.

Beginning with an Internet message referenced here:

When we saw her leave she left by herself. No one was with her but we did notice some local guys talking to her while she was in there.

the story of Natalee Holloway entering a car and calling out to friends begins to unravel. One individual who may have played a pivotal role in initiating that version of events is now re-considering and says she "hasn't heard it first-hand from a single eyewitness."

Evidently many of the students on the trip were discussing that version of events early on in the disappearance but further conversations have been unable to pin down any solid first hand account.

"The actual words change each time it's told. Possibilities are: "Woohoo!" "Aruba!" "Seniors 2K5!" But did any of it *actually* happen? We can't get an eyewitness to confirm."

Now, another source from Mountain Brook has come forward and offered an eyewitness account more in line with the Internet message which suggests Natalee Holloway did, at least once, walk out of Carlos and Charlies alone.

A witness outside of Carlos and Charlies that night states that Natalee Holloway came out of the club alone and appeared to be looking for someone. She stood in front of the night club for a short time and did present the appearance of someone who had been drinking, though she was certainly standing and in complete control. The words used to describe her appearance were "a little tipsy."

It's unclear what she may have been looking for, but it is possible she was looking for Joran Van der Sloot, who, along with Satish, "was nowhere in sight." At least one student on the trip suggests that Natalee, along with other young woman from Mountain Brook were actually quite attracted to the young Dutch boy.

Unlike the image painted by some in American media, his behavior to me, as described from a member of the Alabama community with knowledge of the trip suggests a rather laid back boy, charming, who seemed to draw women to him as opposed to taking a more aggressive approach. I've been told that it was actually Deepak Kalpoe who was more of an "in your face" type.

While an earlier report of a confrontation between Joran Van der Sloot and a male graduate from Mountain Brook may be true, I have not been able to independently confirm that story. I have been able to confirm a skirmish the previous night between Deepak Kalpoe and a student from Mountain Brook. It was presented more as a minor conflict soon forgotten and easily broken up by a friend other than a Mr. Reynolds, who has claimed to break up a fight between Joran Van der Sloot and a Mountain Brook student.

As to the possible Joran confrontation, one Mother of a student on the trip reports, "I tend to think it must have been the most minor of events. We did not even hear of it until it came out in the paper, so obviously it was not on a scale to even elicit gossip on the trip. Often as not these things occur when one boy bumps into another, causing offense. It very likely was something as small as that. It couldn't have been very heated if one guy could step in and verbally break it up."

As to what became of Natalee Holloway, one witness insists that after standing in front of Carlos and Charlies alone and looking about for a short time - she actually re-entered the night club for a brief period. She then emerged not with Joran Van der Sloot, but with Deepak Kalpoe, who is said to have had her by the arm in a manner suggesting he was helping her to maintain her balance.

The two are reported to have walked off down the street, turning the corner - possibly into a small alley, or a side street.

One possibility is that Natalee was actually looking for Joran Van der Sloot and relying upon Deepak Kalpoe to take her to him. That opinion is speculation and unconfirmed.

Update: This shouldn't be interpreted to mean that the three suspects and Natalee Holloway didn't eventually get in a car together. It is simply another thread in the story. It is quite possible that the four came back to the front of C&C. But this is a solid report, as solid as anything else. More so in some ways to me as I have spoken to the source for an extended period of time. The version has not changed and is, as stated, an eyewitness account from a verified source. 130 anyone's can see 130 things and many may fit into a timeline which makes none of them wrong. I am only reporting what I have verified through sources and what I have not.

Monday, July 18, 2005 at 12:41 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/how_did_natalee.html

Phone Calls And Messages

Conversation and confusion continue around what, if any cell phone calls may have been placed that night, not simply between the suspects, but possibly between the suspects, and / or Natalee and other parties and trip attendees from Mountain Brook High School.

While I will continue to post what I have learned from speaking with reliable sources with a genuine or direct knowledge of events, I must also continue to caution readers that accumulating one larger more solid truth from reading the grains of sand that can be provided by a group of teenagers more caught up in this tragedy than observers must be read in context.

Clearly a combination of factors including - some individuals state of mind that night and after wards; an obvious over-indulgence in alcohol and possibly drugs, including Ecstasy by some in attendance at Carlos and Charlies; a necessarily secretive investigation and a desire by some to not discuss certain events that 1) may not sit well with family and friends and 2) may not always be remembered clearly due to the haze of partying, all combine to confound the unraveling of the mystery behind the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

As regards phone calls what I have learned from a reliable source is that at least two calls are said to have been placed by individuals on Aruba during the late night hours of the first evening of Natalee Holloway's disappearance. The calls were missed, either because phones were deactivated, or because of the poor performance of certain cell phones on the island of Aruba.

One male, said to be a close friend of Natalee Hollway discovered a message as he was riding home to Mountain Brook on a bus with other students and some chaperones. While I'm unable to verify the originating number of the call, I've been told it was not thought to be the cell phone of Natalee Holloway.

The message could not be clearly made out by ear and was characterized as being garbled "Aruban" voices. The call is said to have been originated in the "middle of the night" on the first evening of Natalee's disappearance.

A second "missed call" message is said to have been discovered by a female friend and possible vacation roommate of Natalee Holloway while flying home with the group from Aruba. The two groups of students mentioned were on separate flights.

As reported earlier, it is has been said that the remaining chaperone did use Natalee Holloway's cell phone the next day to reach her friends for more information that might have helped in finding Natalee early on in her disappearance. While that timing suggests the second call could have been placed by the chaperone, one source insists the missed call message was time stamped at 4 AM the previous night. That information has not been corroborated.

Attempts to clarify the circumstances surrounding Natalee's cell phone usage for the trip, specifically did she rent an alternate cell phone, as is common practice for some while visiting Aruba, were met with a no comment from one likely phone provider.

It is possible she had an additional phone resulting in some confusion as to where her cell phone was at any point in time. Also, the time stamp of the missed call from her phone could have been misinterpreted or reported incorrectly from the owner of the phone. It is assumed that authorities have verified those issues.

In the first instance above the young man notified a chaperone upon receiving the phone message and students quickly began to surmise that cell phones and any possible messages could become relevant to any potential investigation. I've been told that at that point most if not all phones were switched off and handed in, presumably to be handed over to investigating authorities.

I have no information as regards other possible phone messages left with anyone linked to this case.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 at 05:52 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalin
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/phone_calls_and.html

Natalee Holloway Update

The lack of information available as regards the Natalee Holloway disappearance continues to trouble many Americans. Numerous rumors and viewpoints abound and often conflict in the vacuum imposed by a less than transparent judicial system some suggest is more in line with an old world monarchist-based philosophy.

An increasingly more Democratic world, most particularly the United States, unaccustomed and uncomfortable with almost any cloak of of secrecy in public affairs watches and hopes that some secretive form of justice might emerge from behind the curtain of a still on going investigation. Yet, as each day passes, both casual and legal observers continue to grow more doubtful.

Some of the first Internet-based reports of the disappearance emerged here on an Aruban-based message board through postings attributed but unconfirmed as originating from Mountain Brook, Alabama.

My best friend is at a prayer service for her right now. She hasn't heard anything yet. Thanks for everyone's concern. We have all made stupid decisions, maybe not so drastic, but she is supposedly a great girl who doesn't drink much. She just had too much to drink, and that, mixed with her age is not a good combination.

The investigation has focused on Joran Van der Sloot, son of a failed judge to be as a result of reports that the boy was the last one seen with Natalee Holloway. But even that report can be called into question - perhaps first by the unconfirmed Internet-based report below.

My husband and I were in Aruba last week and spent time with the girls on The DePalm tours snorkel/booze cruise. We saw Natalie later that night at Carlos and Charlies and we commented that she was up to partyubg(sic) that night because of the exhaustive day we had on the boat. When we saw her leave she left by herself. No one was with her but we did notice some local guys talking to her while she was in there. I do not know if this will help but my heart goes out to the family and I can not believe this has happened.I live 4000 miles away outside of Detroit, Michigan and I feel like it happened to somone(sic) I know having spent tome(sic) with them on the boat. I even have pictures of them.I will pray for her and her family. Sincerly(sic) John and Michele Gumm

I've since spoken with multiple reliable sources with direct knowledge of events of the night Natalee Holloway disappeared. One Internet-based, un-related and as yet unconfirmed report did begin to paint a troubling picture of events at Carlos and Charlies that night as far back as June 8. It's a picture many Americans and American parents may find troubling.

"Thursday we rented Harley's from Larry at Big twin HD. We did a 5 hour tour of the island went to Charlies and what a cool place that is. The gang of high school seniors from Alabama arrive YIKES the quiet has ceased!!! I dont want to go into the going ons with these kids because we all know what has happened and I really dont think its appropriate to ruin my trip report with details but there are A LOT of details to be told".

Internet-based reports like the above are being provided for context, but are not being relied upon in any manner to confirm this report. The information I am posting has resulted from actual conversations with real people with confirmed identities from Aruba to Alabama who are directly aware of events of that evening. However, even that will likely leave an air of mystery.

I've learned that one of the FBI's concerns early on in this investigation went to how many of the graduates in attendance on the trip remembered things clearly as a result of the heavy partying that went on during portions of the trip, particularly it's concluding and now seemingly tragic final night.

As one Mountain Brook Mother told me, "I feel that it is time for the parents, students, and members of the Mountain Brook community to step back and look at this scenario realistically. We need to stop playing the blame game - we are pointing fingers at everyone; the Arubans, the Dutch, the media, etc. We are a community in denial ... The bottom line is that our kids got caught up in the culture at Carlos and Charlies and were behaving wildly that night - dancing provocatively, doing body shots - I shudder to think what we might have seen had we been flies on the wall that night ... The dangerous part of the whole deal was that they were out of their element - they are young and inexperienced and were with people from all over the world ... the world is full of kooks and our kids were not behaving like ladies or gentlemen."

None of the individuals I spoke with for this report expressed anything but sincere compassion and understanding for the family of Natalee Holloway. As reported here, the trip was seen almost as a Rite of passage for the group of teens from Mountain Brook. Also, graduating seniors from across America regularly undertake such trips without tragic result.

Additionally, also as reported here, no parent I spoke with suggested any wrong doing on the part of chaperone's, some pointing out that along with a common knowledge of what the trip might entail, waivers were signed and chaperone's appear to have honored their obligations under that understanding.

One witness did have knowledge that, along with many of the graduates from Mountain Brook, Natalee Holloway, from all accounts a decent and self-respecting young woman was an active participant in the partying, as per the above.

No one should interpret the above as a statement of opinion by me that Natalee Holloway or Beth Twitty are in anyway to blame in what is likely a terrible tragedy. In my opinion they represent only two of many individual Americans who could have fallen victim to events of a celebratory night in a foreign and now possibly fatal foreign land.

This report is the first in a three and possibly four part series, depending on weekend developments covering events in and around the disappearance of Natalee Holloway to be completed this weekend. That's not a ploy to make this web log attract viewers. Given my wrok schedule, were I to complete the entire report tonight, it would not get the treatment it deserves.

I'll get them up as quickly as I can - perhaps even completed by tomorrow.
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_36.html
Saturday, July 16, 2005 at 12:02 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

MSNBC Report Confirmed

A commenter stated that on MSNBC's Scarborough Country tonight Joe Scarborough reported that an eyewitness saw Joran Van der Sloot punch Natalee Holloway in the face. A call to MSNBC has confirmed that the report did air. However, I was not able to confirm Scarborough's source for the story. I've been informed it should appear in the show's transcript tomorrow.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 11:11 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/msnbc_report_co.html

Natalee Holloway Report

Here's a solid up to date report from The Daily Herald.

ARUBA--The Court heard five appeals on Tuesday against decisions of the examining judge in the disappearance of US teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, with the rulings scheduled for Thursday afternoon ...

David Kock, the lawyer for Satish Kalpoe, said he was confident the younger brother would remain free. “There’s nothing new against my client,” Kock said outside the courthouse. “I’m speculating, but perhaps the prosecution wants to appeal for PR reasons.”

Meanwhile, Dutch Royal Navy Commander Jack Goense said the three F-16 fighter jets searching for the missing girl above Aruba since last week couldn’t find any indications that her body was still on the island. The three planes made 11 flights above the island, mapped its entire surface and scanned specific areas by order of the Aruban authorities.
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_29.html
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 01:09 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Fox Confession: What Just Happened Monday, July 11, 2005

Pardon me for throwing water on anyones parade over Fox's old / new confession story. Greta Van Sustern just had on a reporter from Diario who walked through Joran v d Sloot's crying confession that he and Deepak Kalpoe, and possibly another buried Natalee Holloway. This is the rumored confession we had heard about so early in the investigation.

Aside from not knowing the veracity of the confession, I have just one question, which perhaps a Dutch legal scholar can address.

Under Dutch Law, given that this alleged "confession" is now all over the media, doesn't that all but ensure that it can never be used against Joran Van der Sloot should he ever be charged?

If so, than you have to ask yourself if Fox just landed a big scoop, or was lured into giving Joran v d Sloot a perfect out from any alleged confession. Personally, I have held some information back and continue to precisely out of a concern for messing up a potential prosecution.

I sure hope Fox and Greta looked into the Dutch law books before that report. They may well have, so I am not implying otherwise at this point. And if it is the case as per above, it would actually be Diario who would be at fault. The next question being, who leaked the info and why?

With rumors already suggesting some close to the investigation want to give Joran a pass ... leaking a confession in a system as closed as we see in Aruba wouldn't be a bad way to ensure that unfortunate outcome. Behind the scenes nearly every journalist I've spoken to, none from Fox BTW ... have indicated a certain caution as regards making information public because of the non-transparent Dutch legal system.

Monday, July 11, 2005 at 10:30 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/fox_confession_.html

Dutch End Air Search For Natalee Holloway

AMSTERDAM — Three F-16 fighter jets are to return to base in the Netherlands after being withdrawn from the increasingly-frustrating search for missing US teen Natalee Holloway.

The 18-year-old disappeared on 30 May while holidaying on Aruba with friends to celebrate their graduation from high school. Aruba is a Caribbean island of 71,000 people and an autonomous part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Monday, July 11, 2005 at 03:02 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/dutch_end_air_s.html

The Real News From Aruba, July 08, 2005

Is no news. Some sources related to the ongoing search efforts indicate continued frustration and perhaps even stone walling by authorities who don't permit access for the dogs to certain areas, or do not show up at some locations to facilitate certain seach efforts.

Heard but unconfirmed is that EquuSearch efforts may be nearing an end sometime soon and one source suggested Fox is also beginning to thin out its presence on the ground in Aruba.

Discussions with two other news networks also point to news gathering resources being a bit "thin" on the island these days.

One individual familiar with how things are done on many Caribbean islands believes there is no way to penetrate any potential obstacles to securing answers for the family of Natalee Holloway and, barring discovery of a body, it is likely that Aruba and Aruban authorities are content to wait this out and re-invigorate their reputation as "One Happy Island" without the dark side this story has revealed to the world.

Earlier reports from some students on the trip stated that they were irritated by the numbers of drug dealers and "low-life" types that often approached them during the trip, sometimes thrusting bags of cocaine and other illicit drugs into their faces in an attempt to make a quick sale.

Another source, not trying to paint an overly rose-colored picture of a group of partying American high school graduates, confirmed the above while acknowledging that drinking was certainly a significant aspect of the trip for a majority of the Mountain Brook teens along on the journey.

Friday, July 08, 2005 at 04:52 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/the_real_news_f.html

Is The Aruban PM Serious?

I'm not suggesting I know the answer to that question. But it appears as though it is on one US Senator's mind.

In his letter, Oduber says he was made aware of the unit — known as Naval Special Clearing Team One — by a Texas dive team that has been helping to look for Holloway.

"I would like to request you to use your influence to gain this authorization for the deployment of this unit free of charge to Aruba as soon as possible," Oduber wrote in the letter, dated July 1.

Shelby forwarded the request to the Pentagon and State departments, but a Navy spokesman, Lt. Herb Josey, said Thursday there had been no formal diplomatic request for use of the team. He also questioned how useful the unit could be, since it specializes in covert exercises such as detecting and de-mining underwater explosives.

Unless there is some specific underwater area to search for what would be the remains of Natalee Holloway, it's hard to understand how simply calling in a skilled dive team will help.

If noone has yet given authorities specific information as to where they might actually look to find Natalee Holloway, perhaps the US Military could spare an interrogator or two from Guantanamo. That, more than anything might save the divers some senseless work and help to move this case into the direction of anything resembling justice.

I can't imply guilt, that's for a court to decide. But there may be better ways to get some honest answers than what has been employed to this point.

Events in London today were tragic and absolutely should dominate the news. But Aruba shouldn't think the disappearance of Natalee Holloway will be forgotten anytime soon.

US mass transit on High Alert.
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/is_the_aruban_p.html
Thursday, July 07, 2005 at 08:13 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Kalpoe Lawyer Threatens Beth Holloway With Lawsuit

Elgin Zeppenfeldt, an attorney for Satish Kalpoe, accused Beth Holloway Twitty of making "prejudicial, inflammatory, libelous and totally outrageous" statements.

"She called our client, Mr. Satish Kalpoe, a 'criminal,' 'involved in a violent crime against my daughter' and who is 'allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens,' " Zeppenfeldt said in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon.

Well, it's a good thing that the family of Natalee Holloway has a lawyer of their own to respond.

Asked whether there would be an apology for Twitty's comments, attorney Vinda de Sousa told CNN: "I plan to speak with the family tomorrow, and that could be one of the options I might suggest."

Posturing like the above from the Kalpoe attorney is starting to work on my last objective nerve and my advice for Ms. Holloway would likely not be as judicious.

Funny, I see no comment from the lawyer for Deepak Kalpoe - I wonder if his client is feeling a just a bit more guilty.

As regards Satish, isn't it at least fair to conclude that, based upon what we do know ... he is a conniving liar that manufactured a story thereby obstructing, in the prosecutor's words, a murder investigation?

If I'm not mistaken we have a word for that in the United States .... it's criminal. I'd be interested in knowing the exact nature of the grounds for any lawsuit on behalf of this conniving, lying alleged criminal by American judicial standards, otherwise identified here as the still suspect, Satish Kalpoe.

Zeppenfeldt said his client also resents Twitty's insinuation that he might leave the country, and "resents her plea to other nations not to give him a safe haven, as he does not intend to leave the island."

Twitty, the attorney said, has "publicly acted as judge, jury and executioner."

Executioner? Hmmm. Let me look that up.
One who executes, especially one who puts a condemned person to death.

Good heavens, Ms. Twitty better call an attorney ... I think someone just went on record with CNN caling her a murderer!

Yes ... let's send in the lawyers. But, please, spare us anymore clowns ... they're already here.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/kalpoe_lawyer_t.html
Thursday, July 07, 2005 at 02:06 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Some Details of Kalpoe Interrogation

Allegedly there were differences between the interrogations for the two Kalpoe brothers. The prosecutor still claims their stories changed, their attorney says, "Not so." Now there's a big surprise. emphasis mine.

“The case against them will continue as long as there is still a criminal investigation going. After the investigation is closed, the district attorney will determine what is going to happen then. They can for example be summoned, or their case can be dismissed”, said the spokesperson of the OM Mariaine Croes. The OM has three days to appeal. According to the OM, there are serious complaints against the three boys. These complaints are based on the fact that Natalee Holloway was last seen with these three boys. They also have been changing their statements and none of these match other investigation information or witnesses.

There are also telephone conversations, sms- and chat traffic that points at the three boys. Lawyer Rudy Oomen picked up the Kalpoe brothers from the KIA prison yesterday afternoon. There were a lot of media persons with cameras at their house waiting for them. Oomen is not at all surprised at the release of the brothers. “All the material was more relieving than incriminating for his client. The time in prison was very hard for Deepak. The interrogation techniques used approached more the in the Netherlands banned ‘interrogation method of Zaandam’. He was put in a pitch dark room for a long time with the air-conditioning on extra high. He has been put in isolation with no food.” Oomen had complaint numerous times about this interrogation method. But the boy remained consistent in his statements and had fully collaborated with the investigation. Also the younger brother Kalpoe was interrogated a lot and his lawyer Elgin Zeppenfeldt does not share the complaints about the interrogation methods of justice. “According to me, his interrogations went normal. Based on the evidence they had on him, it was very difficult to keep him detained.”
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/some_details_of.html
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 at 01:30 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

It was reported to me that some members of the Holloway/Twitty family are increasingly convinced that they must keep and possibly even increase pressure on the Aruban authorities if they are to ever get answers to what happened to Natalee Holloway. That needs to be balanced with the earlier report that the investigation is on going and authorities are indicating that there is progress that can be made.

No time frame was suggested for a possible re-arrest of Paul(us) v d Sloot. And it was not described as an absolute certainty at this time.

Natalee Holloway: Monday Night Late Report

While most eyes were on the beach observing the then three suspects visit there yesterday, another investigative team was visiting Paul(us) v d Sloot where the v d Sloot family is staying with friends. Reliable sources confirm he is not seen as cleared in the ongoing investigation. It was suggested that the prosecutor wants to be sure they have ample evidence to hold onto him in the event of a possible re-arrest.

With the focus shifting away from Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, some close to the investigation are looking more closely at the role of Paul(us) v d Sloot in whatever crimes may have taken place.

One unconfirmed report suggests the Dutch Ministry of Justice has formally requested the resignation of the elder Van der Sloot.

Additionally, Satish and Deepak are said to be co-operating with authorities, at least to the extent that they may testify in any pending trial; however, it was not been made clear if their statements will damage a presumed defense on behalf of Paul(us) and / or Joran v d Sloot, or support it.

Public relations efforts of some on the island to turn the focus away from Aruba and back toward America, more specifically Alabama seem to be gaining traction among the general population.

Various reports are emerging of things getting "ugly" between the press and Aruban passers by, with some claiming that while many islanders first seemed to be focusing their anger at the Van der Sloot family, they are now more than ever blaming America and American media for bringing this trouble to their shores.

When the Mother of the Kalpoe brothers appeared in front of the court house, some locals were urging her to speak only in the local dialect and ignore the American press. Most of any demonstrations in front of the court house seemed aimed at the media.

More and more rumors of an out of control group of high school students from the United States, with one of their party responsible for any potential crime are circulating ever more widely through portions of the general population. It seems an increasingly frustrated and basically friendly island population is looking for somewhere to focus their frustration through blame.

While there are conflicting reports as to the level of drugs and street crime on the island, for every source that suggests levels are very high, still other reliable sources suggest it actually seems lower than most other Caribbean tourist destinations. That wasn't the case as regards Carlos and Charlies.

Located in a part of town some have described as "seedy," observations from today suggest it is very much business as usual with what appeared to be several underage individuals hanging out and partying. One objective source indicated his observations gave him the impression that "hitting on female American tourists" seems to be an activity still very much associated with the night spot.

Other individuals report that the family of Natalee Holloway appears to be managing the media reasonably well and is reaching out to the press and maintaining contact to foster support in the event that they find it necessary to start "naming names" as far as what they might know of what is happening, or has happened behind the scenes of the five week long investigation.

It was reported to me that some members of the Holloway/Twitty family are increasingly convinced that they must keep and possibly even increase pressure on the Aruban authorities if they are to ever get answers to what happened to Natalee Holloway. That needs to be balanced with the earlier report that the investigation is on going and authorities are indicating that there is progress that can be made.

No time frame was suggested for a possible re-arrest of Paul(us) v d Sloot. And it was not described as an absolute certainty at this time.

Monday, July 04, 2005 at 11:18 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_10.html

Why Was The DEA There?

Seriously, I always wondered why there was a DEA agent on the ground in Aruba when events in the Natalee Holloway disappearance first began to unfold. Guess now I know.

The US Government is not as dismissive as Mr Eman. Within three years Aruba rose from a 'medium risk' to a 'high risk' country in the State Department's annual International Narcotics Control Strategy Report. The island is used as a base for bulk transhipment of cocaine to the US and Europe, through its Free Trade Zone. Off-shore corporate banking facilities, the casino/resort complexes, high volume tourism, and a stable currency all make Aruba attractive to money laundering organizations. Eman considers these reports as too negative and suggests hat Aruba is in good company since ""the US and Holland rank number one on the list as well"."

The US is concerned about credible reports that some members of the Aruban government met regularly with individuals associated with drug trafficking and money laundering syndicates. In spite of, or perhaps because of, the denials by Aruba officials, the US remains convinced that entrenched money laundering organizations direct large cash deposits into land development and other construction projects on the island. (3) The Netherlands is equally worried. ""I think we are going to loose it on Aruba"," Arthur Docters van Leeuwen, the Dutch Attorney General, said about the counter-narcotics efforts on the island. Aruba is in the hands of some powerful families and Holland can't do anything about it, due to constitutional restraints. (4)
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/why_was_the_dea.html
Sunday, July 03, 2005 at 10:02 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Ben King: Poor Judgement Or Cover-Up in Natalee Holloway Case

I was and still am a bit leary of this report on corruption in the Dutch justice system in Aruba: some facts appear to be incorrect. For instance, Paul(us) v d Sloot is not a "high-ranking official."

The habitual impartiality has been demonstrated in the past with several cases, one case in particular stands out. The case of Alexander Mathew against a Dutch government official, Ben Vocking whom now goes by the name of Ben King .

In this particular case documents disappeared, forensic reports were over looked and witnesses were denied, these documents were in the favor of Alexander Mathew. Paul van der Sloot is a high ranking official in the judicial system and is close friends with Ben King, whom now works at the prosecution office. King was reportedly seen visiting Paul van der Sloot at his home when the Arubian police were performing a search of the van der Sloot residence. Mathew's entire case was tampered with.

King said that his friend Paul van der Sloot helped him in the Mathew case. How many cases has and will Paul van der Sloot help cover up?

However, I do find it curious that an official so close to the PM would 1) change his name and 2) exercise such poor judgement in the Natalee Holloway case that it now appears he has taken a vacation and, from all appearances, will continue to be of assistance or support to the Van der Sloot's in some way.

An article I found in Dutch - scroll down to fifth article - looked curious, so I asked Begga from Hasibokos to translate.

Translation: The Public Ministry (Aruban prosecutor's office) affirmed that Ben King, head of the support division of the Attorney General, was present at the house of the Van der Sloot family when it was being searched Thursday last week.

Spokesperson Marianne Croes, of the prosecutor's office: “King was and is on holiday. He was indeed not present on behalf of the PM (during the search of the van der Sloot estate)” The spokesperson doesn’t want to comment on the various observations that find it strange that a member of the PM was present at the house of the suspects family while the search took place.

Sources within the PM affirm however that the PM as a whole is not happy at all with the actions of Ben King, because this may raise doubts with regard to the impartiality of the ministry. .

King himself says that he and his family have been good friends with the Van der Sloots for some years now. Paul van der Sloot also worked for the PM in the past. King: “A few years ago, when I was working at KIA (local prison), I was maltreated by a prisoner and went through a rough period during which the Van der Sloot family provided us with fantastic support. We want to do the same for them now. But I realize naturally that I cannot stand at both sides on the line.”

And because of this King took some time off from his job to be able to support his friends. King: “It is a small island where conclusions are drawn very fast.” Both Public Ministry and I realize that we have to remain cool-headed. At the same time I have my rights as private-citizen and I want to support my friends in this difficult period.” Ben King was formerly named Vocking, he changed his name a few months ago and his name is now officially King.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 at 04:42 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/ben_king_poor_j.html

Natalee Holloway: Murder Charges Require Clarification

More confusion as regards the on going investigation in the Natalee Holloway disappearance would be nothing new. Now, with headlines blaring that the three suspects still in detention have been charged with murder it might be best to wait and see what type of clarifying statements could follow.

Weeks ago, as reported here, murder was suggested as a potential charge against the suspects in this confounding case. To be more clear, "murder, manslaughter or intentional containment with the dead as consequence."

As America has already learned, significant differences across systems of justice and language translation have already caused tremendous confusion during this investigation.

What is known is that politics are as much a part of this now as anything else and the boys are heading to court on Monday when a judge will rule on the legality of their being detained for another sixty days while the investigation continues.

Were the three boys to simply walk away on Monday as a result of a lack of evidence, it would be a public relations nightmare for Aruba. Headlines blaring "Suspects Charged With Murder" the weekend preceding that hearing might do more to ensure their continued detention than any evidence the prosecution is prepared to present at this time.

While I too would like some clarification of Dutch statues relevant to this matter, it's my present understanding that no one can be formally charged with murder unless and until the prosecution presents its case in open court. As of now, and perhaps not until Monday afternoon, if then, that has not happened.

Hopefully this information will be clarified by authorities, or educated on lookers in the meantime.

Update: According to all known previous reports, this case was stalled and possibly lacking in significant evidence. Word on the ground from multiple sources was that the possibility existed that the three suspects could actually be released on Monday. Given what was known only hours ago, a confession, or one or more of the suspects being willing to testify against another, or others, looked like it might be the only hope for prosecutors. We also know that a certain amount of psychological gamesmanship has already been applied in this case through the brief detention of Joran's Father, Paul(us) v d Sloot. What better way to try and get one or more of three boys talking than to have murder charges in the headlines just two days before they go back to court.

Friday, July 01, 2005 at 07:00 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/natalee_hollowa_1.html

What Does van der Straten Know About Natalee Holloway?

h/t to Hasibokus - read more there.

In a Dutch interview Aruban Police Superintendent Jan van der Straten told the reporter that he doesn’t believe that Natalee is still alive.

With regard to Natalee’s status, van der Straaten gave the following statement to a Dutch reporter:

Translation:

Rep: Any hopes for a positive outcome?

Jan: You always have to be hopeful, but I don’t believe anymore that we will find Natalee alive.

Rep: Why not?

Jan: Because I know the details of the investigation and you don't!

Update: Apparently the translation was first provided by reader repo.

Update2 from a reader:

The correct translation of what Mr. Van der Straten said, i.e., Omdat ik het
onderzoek ken en u niet, is: "Because I am an investigator (a policeman) and you
are not."

It is not, as earlier reported, "Because I know the details and you don't."
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/what_does_van_d.html
Friday, July 01, 2005 at 03:09 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

Disappointing Development

I just saw this at ScaredMonkeys.

Kalpoe Family Denied Texas Equusearch From Searching Around Their House

A great deal of information comes to RWV, most of which, to be honest, I cannot simply pass along and inundate certain individuals I speak with in Aruba.

One reasonably solid bit of information I did discuss with some others was a report that the Kalpoe brothers were seen washing their car very thoroughly in what was said to be an unusual location near their home. This alleged activity was also reported to have been witnessed by an additional party, as well.

An initial on site check by another individual seemed to confirm that from the looks of some very specific observations made at the location, this bit of information could be accurate and potentially worthwhile.

After other discussions with yet a different individual closer to, but not directly involved with the search itself, it was reported back to me that everyone in the chain agreed that this particular search would be attempted with the dogs.

It seems that didn't happen. What is it, I wonder, that some might have to hide? Or are private property issues simply that sacrosanct to the Kalpoes?

Would you deny such a seemingly harmless endeavor to a group of people searching for a lost girl if you had nothing to hide?

Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 10:04 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/disappointing_d.html

Joran's Anger Management Issue

As first referenced here in an interview with a friend of Joran Van der Sloot - and also stated more plainly near the end of this report, there is no evidence to support claims that Joran Van der Sloot participated in any formal anger management class, or group.

Additional reliable information points to Aruban sources as the generators of that rumor, as opposed to simply being spun out of wholecloth by Geraldo Rivera of Fox News.

Additionally, informed speculation around the issue suggests it was a public relations decision by individuals with ties to the Aruban government, parts of which might not mind seeing a Dutch expat being designated as the guilty party, even if it never gets proven in a court of law.

The underlying theory is that managing the story and any potential damage to Aruba's reputation as a tourist destination might be better served if a white Dutchman and expat could take both the blame and the focus off the island itself to some degree. Even if Joran and a member of his family were never formally charged with any crime, a government determination to revoke or simply not renew their work permits would likely force the Van der Sloots from Aruba, whether they wanted to leave, or not.

This contrasts significantly with the image of an Aruba some have speculated was all too quick to run out and arrest two very dark skinned security guards while allowing Joran Van De Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers to go free, even if reports they were under surveillance do prove to be true.

Noone has suggested to me that Geraldo Rivera's prominent role in disseminating the rumor - as well as another apparently unfounded report mentioned here - the plate glass incident - is anything like complicity. It's more likely that the well meaning reporter was simply duped.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 02:07 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/jorans_anger_ma.html

The Mystery Post

I realize that many people have been discussing some mysterious postings alleged to have some connection to Aruba and recent events. To be frank, I haven't read much of the material, nor do I anticipate doing so.

However, a reader has apparently done a great deal of research and writing on the topic. As some seem to be discussing it in great detail, I am posting the bulk of her materials sent to me in email. She has requested that I do not identify her and I am honoring that request.

Frankly, if someone were talking to me in some mysterious code purported to be revealing "secrets" to me - I'd sooner grab them by the neck and make them give it up, than ponder endlessly over what appears to me as incomprehensible, at best.

However, I do respect other viewpoints ... so, here goes.

Have followed with particular interest the riddles analyzed on SM and RWV. Some alternate interpretations may be useful, based on Internet research.

So much in the riddle messages points to raves and club drugs. Reference to "maze" is interesting: "Maze" is a drug invented by a character named Rave in a certain Marvel comic book, it seems. ((Will send a separate e-mail w. extracts and link.) Douf may mean pigeon in Dutch but it also could refer to a certain type of rave party that I read about on an Australian Web site. Very loud music DOOF DOOF DOOF.

The Australian site is an ABC radio interview w. ravers. Talks about aspects of rave culture and experience that seem relevant to NH case. For instance, talks about waiting around in a bar to hear where the party is, then heading out to it. This sounds to me very much like what NH, JVDS, and the two "shivas" were doing at C&Cs.

Australians also talk about danger of the drugs and overdose of young girl. (Will supply link and extracts via separate e-mail.) Other thoughts: the Arawak king need not be someone high in government. Could refer to drug kingpin--even Medellin or Cali cartel type. Could refer to the local head of the underground rave scene. Could refer to the DJ controlling the party by controlling the speed of the beats. Could refer to the yacht "King Arawak" which cruises in the Caribbean Sea but is based in Trieste.

If I were the Aruban authorities or the Holloways, I'd be very interested in knowing where that yacht is now and has been recently. I'd also like to know who is on it. Again, will supply links, extracts, via separate e-mail. Another thought based on Austr

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:06:44 AM »

Natalee Holloway Is Dead

A reliable source from Aruba throughout my reporting has informed me that Natalee Holloway has now been confirmed as deceased, her Father is traveling to the location of the body. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

1_21_holloway_natalee_4

Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 01:57 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (50) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:07:34 AM »

Aruba Preparing For Worse In Holloway Case

Aruban radio station Top95 is reportedly preparing Arubans for the worst possible announcement in the Natalee Holloway case.

Sources say the three boys are now before a judge to extend their detention and the location of the body is as yet unconfirmed.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 02:20 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (37) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »

genoeg jongens, we zullen vele toffe uren voor ons hebben,en zij ook, we moeten denken aan hoe onze ouders ons hebben opgedracht

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:32 PM

For all the reaction to these unfortunate circumstances, the lack of compassion(or even acknowledgment)in the Dutch media may be the most profound (and sad)commentary of all. I have observed an outpouring of (seemingly) genuine concern for Natalee by the native Aruban population. Regardless, can the Dutch not even fake a trivial amount of human emotion for the sake of goodwill? ...pathetic

Posted by: pseudonymous1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:34 PM

Ik ben blij dat de bedoeling is ons baranca te verdedigen maar gedraag je netjes

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:36 PM

my excuses, my intention is only to tell then that we have to remember how our parents brought us up and we have to behave ourselfs

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:39 PM

Hey Duck have you been to the Island, it's a beautiful place with a few ugly spots, its people are great with a few not so great, and the police are doing the best they can do, under a lot of pressure, nationally and internationally. So, where else will you go that would be any different under the circumstances. Give the Arubans time, the time needed and they will do what needs to be done.

May Natalee rest in peace

Posted by: Antoine | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:42 PM

Glenda,

I'm glad you were able to remove the silver spoon from your mouth long enough to preach about family values...coming from such a uniquely-deprived model population...right?

Posted by: pseudonymous_1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:47 PM

yes

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:54 PM

I think I should have left well enough alone. Leave it to me to rile the "senstive" Dutch. With all your emotion, it's hard to believe that you couldn't conjure enough compassion to extend the victim courtesy enough to refrain from the hindsight-preaching for an Aruban minute. I think I liked it better when the Dutch were fully silent.

Posted by: pseudonymous 1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 03:55 PM

I will be silent on 6.00 o'clock when i'am in the church

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:00 PM

Glenda,

I can only hope that's a sincere statement. It would be refreshing news to hear that a Dutch citizen cares enough to pay proper respect to the victim(despite her seemingly reviled status as a US citzen)

Posted by: pseudonymous 1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:08 PM

"Regardless, can the Dutch not even fake a trivial amount of human emotion for the sake of goodwill? ...pathetic"
Excuse me?!
If Terry Schiavo would still be alive and Sadam still on the run She would not be in the US media either.... now THAT is sad!
Aruba is a former Dutch Colony and the Dutch
don't have much to do with it.

FYI: It is in the news - maybe not to the extend that you would like to see it.
If Americans commit a crime abroad ... is it in the news in the USA?

Think before you write something.

My thought go out to friends and family members of the victim.

Posted by: Mirm | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:12 PM

My feeling is sincere, we will have on all the churches on the island a service to pray for Natalee today. And i'am an Aruban, We are very sad this has happend and we feel for her family, we all have children

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:15 PM

Mirm,

Think b4 I talk? ...you mean buy into the political propaganda you're peddling in the middle of such tragic circumstances. Nice choice of venue. Shouldn't you be venting your America-envy in a forum more prone to be occupied by the brain-washable?

Posted by: pseudonymous 1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:17 PM

Then I sincerely apologize Glenda...I misunderstood where you where coming from. It was my intention to bring to light the collective compassion I've witnessed from the NATIVE Aruban population. It is something conspicuously absent in the Dutch media. I hope that Americans respond in kind (to the good nature of the Arubian population) by making it a priority vacation destination.

Posted by: pseudonymous 1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:28 PM

My most memorable vacation was spent in Aruba. My husband and I were newly married and this was our first big trip. We met the Mayor's son at the carnival and he invited us home to dinner, right there on the spot. We wound up cancelling our rental car because the people of Aruba would pull over and ask us if we needed a ride when we walked down the road.I know that sounds naive under the circumstances, but these are the most warm lovely people you will ever run into. I doubt this young man was raised on the island and even so to suggest he represents the Arubian people is insulting. Peace to all the families and people involved.

Posted by: Diane | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:30 PM

Then I sincerely apologize, Glenda. I misunderstood where you where coming from. I only meant to bring light to the collective compassion demonstrated by the NATIVE Arubian population. It is something conspicuously absent in the Dutch reporting of events (when even reported at all). My hope is that Americans respond in kind (to the Arubian generosity) and make a Aruba a priority vacation destination. Arubans do not deserve to be hurt from this.

Posted by: pseudonymous1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:34 PM

Sorry, my "I" is stuck, much like Mirm's Dutch nose (up in the air).

Posted by: pseudonymous1 | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:37 PM

Deleted by request

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 05:03 PM

I thank you that you understand.
We have to go now

Posted by: glenda | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 05:04 PM

I will not be going to Aruba. I don't trust those people, how's that for stating my opinion...good ol' land of the free... is where I want to be!

Posted by: dee Worta | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 06:48 PM

Whenever there is a press conference again you can go to http://www.arubadag.com and listen to the many radio statuions available from Aruba. I would recommend TOP FM but if crowded you can try the other ones on the http://www.arubadag.com

At the moment there is no news, but they suspect there will be a new press conference at either 08:00 or 09:00PM local Arubian time.

So you better stay tuned

Posted by: Peter | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 07:09 PM

Let me try the link again: Arubadag

Posted by: Peter | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 07:12 PM

"" Look also at www.arubadag.com, it has all arubian media on the right corner.
I want to state that the last 3 men arrested are NOT Arubians. The main suspect is a Duthman, of 17 year living a couple of years in Aruba. And the other 2 are Suriman. Please keep this in mind because I do belief that Arubians do know the consequence of harming a tourist""

Typical Aruban reaction. We pay over 250 million dollars a year to sustain the 100.000 inhabitants. And as a thanks they put the blame on The Dutch.

Posted by: Rob | Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 08:18 PM

Dear Rob, one of your habitants is involved in this case, its your oblication to supstane Aruba.
Owening Aruba is not for free, Aruba is a paradise. So thats why we react like this. Please
tell your kind to get off the island. If you and your kind where not on our beatifull island maybe this tragic would not have happend. Rember one of them was a dutch person like you!!!

Posted by: betje | Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 03:31 AM

The Prime Minister is a joke.

A tactical decision to let the last three seen with her
go home and ....huh? What a joke.

Hey Aruba? Remember Grenada? As far as I'm concerned,
tell everybody in Aruba to find her,put two and two together, you've got 5 more days, or we're rerouting the USS Toby Keith and we'll do it ourselves. Jesus Christ.

And tell your people to shut up about your economy and tourism. Nobody here cares about it.

Somebody give her mother the microphone and let her
talk all she wants to. She's the only one who seems focused on what she's supposed to be doing, other than that Chris LeJeuz who seems to understand something and frankly turns me on just more than a little bit because he is doing. his. job.

Are there any other men down there that know how to do anything? Yeah? Well have them get in touch with someone from this girl's family on a regular basis
and let them know what's going on. If that's not too much trouble.

Things are getting pretty bad when all we've got to
send down there to help these people is Geraldo, but
hey at least he's doing something, which is more than
I can say for Condoleeza Rice and what used to be the state department, but I guess they're all busy trying to figure out what in the hell they're doing in making the war we're fighting for Halliburton spiral
out of the success it's been so far.

Nobody cares about how Aruba has a local government, blah blah and we have to do stuff with the Dutch thing yam yam. If you can't figure out that if you have tourists down there regular like, you're going to need a police department,things might happen and
nobody is buying the thing that you don't have much crime and so what? You've got some now. Read a book about how you need to have "plans" for things that might happen when you have a country.
If you need help,
call Queen Beatrix and tell her to get
her rich royal
bottom down there pronto.

Posted by: Duck | Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 02:41 PM

Stop, youdon't know Aruba. f*** you all.

Posted by: Ronny | Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 04:38 PM

I have been to Aruba three times. I took my 15 year old son there in 1990. We were there from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. As we walked along the beach in the morning, the Arubians had tents up, because they were going to celebrate Easter Sunday and the week before "on the beach" As we walked by they were waving to us and actually invited us in to join them. I have the fondest memories of my vacations in Aruba and I can't wait to go back to enjoy the beautiful island, the Divi Divi trees and shopping and the people, most of all the people.

Posted by: Marie Walsh | Monday, June 13, 2005 at 03:17 PM

Well Marie im happy you would like to return to Aruba, your just another one of those idiotic Americans that stick their noses in the air and pretend that everything is hunky, you were lucky your 15 year old or yourself didn't make a few friends there and drive you off and murder you or your son. Like what apparently has happened to this poor nieve girl and her forever grieving family. Americans better wake up and take notice we are not liked in most countries. I have seen them get their heads cutoff, I have seen them go into other countries to fight for a people that hates and loathes them, we call them insurgents or terrorists but in plain language they are arabs. Its not worth the loss of one American life, Lets get our people home and lets stay home. Our Country is one of the most beautiful in the world, You could vacation every year and never be able to see all the beauty. So lets shut our borders and stay at home, And if any one should try and invade ill be one of the first to protect (OUR COUNTRY)

Posted by: mark | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 11:12 PM

we call them insurgents or terrorists but in plain language they are arabs.....???

Mark..if you do not know the difference between Aruba and Arabs, you better be quit and don't show the world how dumb you are.

It is obvious you do not have a clue what is going on.

To just insult someone else because he is giving his honest opinion based on actually being on Aruba in the past and knowing the islanders and telling others his positive experiences and not jumping in with your negative view, and you have never been there so you don't know....

your insult to him is very cheap, hope when you finished school, that they could have educate the silly things out of your head.

Hope next time you comment, you know at least more than you showd us now.

Maybe you should ask your mom or dad to review your next post and let them give you some good parental advice.

Posted by: Peter | Saturday, July 02, 2005 at 09:06 AM

he must be she

Posted by: Peter | Saturday, July 02, 2005 at 09:08 AM

The parents of Joran are need to be held responsible for their sons obvious "give me everything I want" approach to life and their obvious "lets hide our head in the sand" raising of their spoiled offspring. How many 17 year olds do you know that have an apartment paid for them by mom and dad, a jeep, their own website that hails his sexual conquests, carte blanche access to adult casino's and all the booze and drugs mom and dad can afford on his allowance (or more likely a monthly stipend just to leave his parents alone). The end result; an overgrown silver spoon fed baby who has little respect for life and who probably under the influence, was showing off for his friends and then cowardly took advantage of a young drunk naive girl, probably raping her, sharing her with his friends and eventually pushing her into the ocean just watching as she drowned. Of course Judge Daddy, being an absentee dad gets and opportunity to squelch all those years of guilt by being there just this one time and providing his little brat and his cohorts with all the arubian legal advice they needed, including finding lawyers for the two surinamese weaklings.

It's beyond obvious that the arubian police did not follow their own routine investigative procedures and allowed Paulus, his son and fellow perpetrators ample time to lawyer up and exceptional privileges that placed above the law.

I for one do not blame the arubian people, because if these elitists can get away with this atrocity while the entire world watches, imagine what abuses happen to ordinary folk when the camera's are turned off.

Posted by: rdajai | Monday, July 04, 2005 at 01:44 AM

The parents of Joran are need to be held responsible for their sons obvious "give me everything I want" approach to life and their obvious "lets hide our head in the sand" raising of their spoiled offspring. How many 17 year olds do you know that have an apartment paid for them by mom and dad, a jeep, their own website that hails his sexual conquests, carte blanche access to adult casino's and all the booze and drugs mom and dad can afford on his allowance (or more likely a monthly stipend just to leave his parents alone). The end result; an overgrown silver spoon fed baby who has little respect for life and who probably under the influence, was showing off for his friends and then cowardly took advantage of a young drunk naive girl, probably raping her, sharing her with his friends and eventually pushing her into the ocean just watching as she drowned. Of course Judge Daddy, being an absentee dad gets and opportunity to squelch all those years of guilt by being there just this one time and providing his little brat and his cohorts with all the arubian legal advice they needed, including finding lawyers for the two surinamese weaklings.

It's beyond obvious that the arubian police did not follow their own routine investigative procedures and allowed Paulus, his son and fellow perpetrators ample time to lawyer up and provided them with exceptional privileges placing them above the law.

I for one do not blame the arubian people, because if these elitists can get away with this atrocity while the entire world watches, imagine what abuses happen to ordinary folk when the camera's are turned off.

Posted by: rdajai | Monday, July 04, 2005 at 01:47 AM

I am appalled that three men can go free just because the father of one of them has some legal background and obvious connections to some leaders. These three have admitted to raping this young woman and "now something bad happened to Natalee" Rape is a crime, something they admit to while she was unconcious. The outrage everyone feels is for the obvious coverup of this crime. We will scream for justice for this young american, and wont stop till these criminals are behind bars. Real bars not ones the aruban judges say they will do,but the second Beth Holloway Twitty leaves the island these judges reverse the decisions. Disgusting behavior from judges who are supposed to uphold the law. If that can happen to an american imagine the c0rroptness that goes on on the island that is never reported. Arubans need to demand justice along with the Americans in order to protect thier own families in the future.. Bashing BHT will get no-one anywhere,she is just a grieving yet very courageous mother who will do right by her daughters name. Natalee deserves that. WE should all be behind BHT in that endeavor for the sake of decency and humanity.

Posted by: sandy leiva | Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 08:51 PM

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:10:52 AM »

Natalee Holloway Update: 4:06 PM EST

Government officials in Aruba are on the radio condemming Fox News for their reporting and requesting all journalists to cooperate with authorities and not report rumors. The Justice Minister is denying having told any American reporter that Natalee Holloway is dead.

They also insist that they do not know of a body being recovered at this time.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:08 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (19) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »

Natalee Holloway: Update 4:30 PM EST

Lighthouse_1 While Fox News is reporting that the focus of the search seems to have turned back to the lighthouse area, another source has confirmed that Noraima Peters, lawyer for one of the security guards arrested earlier has confirmed that Joran Van der Sloot, one of the three boys also arrested has confessed to something "big" but the attorney would not elaborate.

Back to Fox, they claim that behind the scenes reports suggest one of the boys, most likely Van der Sloot is talking to authorities now and providing details as to what happened to Natalee Holloway.

Natalee2

Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 04:39 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »

Natalee Holloway Update: More FBI Resources Arrive

Live from Aruba: Joran Van der Sloot's attorney says his client maintains his innocence and refused to comment as regards a potential alibi for Joran. He did not answer any substantial questions.

Attorneys for the three suspects are leaving court house now - boys will be held over for additional eight days as investigation continues. The attorneys are not permitted to comment on facts of the case to the press.

A report from an airport source states an additional nine FBI agents have recently arrived on the island of Aruba at 3PM today.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 05:16 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 10:13:29 AM »

Fox Update: Blood Sample Being Sent To States

UPDATED: Fox also now reports that the blood was sent both to Holland and the US for testing. Also, that a call came in relevant to the testing during an interview but whatever the context of the call, it did not change the authorities story as it stands.

Update2: From reader Potro1952:

About the stain of blood. This does not to be a great amount for the sample to be tested for DNA. You do not need a 1 ml of volume of blood to test for DNA. And for my understanding Aruba does not have the technology for forensic analysis on the island it self, things that require a technology that is not used there are send to Laboratories in Holland ( the Netherlands). So it is possible to divide the sample of blood so this can be tested both in the US and in Holland.

It's conjecture, but it would seem we might not be talking about simply a drop of blood given that samples were available to send offshore to two different destinations.

I'll email a doctor blogger on that but don't expect an answer until later this AM.

Fox Website:

The "Diario," a local daily newspaper, is reporting that a human blood sample found in a car at the residence of one of the teens in custody — the 17-year-old son of a high-ranking island judicuary official — is now being sent to the U.S. and will be tested for a possible match to Natalee, whose mother gave a blood sample to investigators.

Also see Scared Monkeys and Hyscience for additional reports, commentary and comment threads.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 11:21 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (17) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »

Natalee Holloway: A Matter Of Opinion

As previously linked via Fox Reports Conflict in Case of Missing Ala. Teen. Along with that report, Fox TV has also now reported that the blood was tested - yet no result was given. Strange?

Until now I have stayed away from conjecture in this case, attempting to rely on sources and not opinion as to a potential resoultion. This post is conjecture - call it informed if you wish, but conjecture it will be nonetheless.

Look at this:

David Cruz, a spokesman for the Aruban Minister of Justice told FOX News Natalee Holloway, who was on vacation with friends with a graduation trip when she disappeared, was confirmed dead and that authorities knew the location of her body. However, Cruz later retracted the statement, saying he was a victim of a "misinformation campaign."

As I doubt the Minister reads Drudge for his information, I simply can't buy the "misinformation" campaign angle. It makes no sense. Sort of like Hillary Clinton's right wing conspiracy perhaps, convenient and practical with relatively no connection to reality.

I think one arm of the government told the truth before some thought it time and that is the reason for the confusion. Additionally, why send blood from Aruba to the US for testing? According to a much earlier report I recall but can't find now, Aruba has a laboratory suitable for DNA testing. However, DNA is not the only thing one can test for when it comes to blood.

It is at least possible to consider that the blood was sent to the US to undergo drug testing determined to be material to this case. If such tests were to show that a combination of drugs and alcohol were ingested over time and resulted in Natalee's death - we may have an entirely different story on our hands.

Yes, there are date rape drugs - but toxicity and possibly an associated timeline of ingestion might address those isses, too - and jibe with whatever is being claimed by some arrested.

Do I know something? I know some things from talking to several people, yes. But I do not have the answers and unfortunately, no one does at this point except perhaps for that poor fellow who fell victim to a "misinformation" campaign. Yeah ... right.

I don't blame any of this on an island or a people. Aruba is as safe or unsafe, depending upon your perspective and circumstance as it ever was - and I find blaming "Aruba" for this to be ridiculous, no matter what the final result. But one thing is clear - when it comes to handling the media and controversy, Aruba comes out of this looking more like Pee Wee's Big Adventure on Saturday morning, than it does CSI whatever on Friday night.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 03:12 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »

Natalee Holloway Update: 11:20 AM

Following links and reading message boards led me to a story in the Birmingham News which had a few interesting tid bits. One bit appears to be new to me, though it is unfortunate that when referring to reports from a government spokesperson you have to consider the source.

But then, he coud be the only one who told the truth about where things stood a day ago when I announced Natalee's death. And I have not retracted that story.

Employees at the Holiday Inn casino said van der Sloot and the Kalpoes were part of a group of young regulars at the poker tables. They also said teens from the Mountain Brook group visited often during their five-day trip, playing cards with the local boys and drinking heavily, sometimes before noon.

Brenda Bouwman, marketing manager for the casino, said everybody who worked there knew the Mountain Brook teenagers "because they were partying and they were loud." She said Holloway was seen with a group at the blackjack tables on Sunday, May 29, although she did not think the girl was gambling.

The bit I found most interesting is in bold below:

"They say when they dropped her off, there were two security guards with black shirts, and the ones at the Holiday Inn use white shirts," he said. John and Jones had recently lost their jobs as security guards at the nearby Allegro Hotel, which is under renovation.

Van der Straten said there is additional evidence beyond statements from the three teenagers that implicates John and Jones, but he would not elaborate.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 11:28 AM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (Cool | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »

Natalee Holloway: Interesting Observation

First, reader stl_native states Fox is running a banner saying the blood was found in the trunk of the vehicle - I haven't seen the TV.

Second, reader Colleen M. Kospiah, a UC Berkeley student [had I known she was likely a liberal I'd have blocked her email ; ) ] sent the following observation:

I saw an article on CNN.com and found it a bit interesting that there is specific mention of the young brother and Van Der Sloots' attorneys both saying their clients had nothing to do with it but they make no mention of an attorney for the older boy nor his innocence or guilt. If we do a little psychology here, my guess is the two whose attorneys keep speaking up are the one's guilty. hmmmm........

Out of curiosity I did a little googling without much success. If anyone has a grasp of the attorney trail on the two brothers, I'd appreciate a heads up. I haven't identified Deepak's lawyer, yet. And if they had the same lawyer but are now split, that might be interesting to note.

If you don't usually read blogs - here's part of their beauty. I can't research all things and don't try to. Blogs are interactive and when readers contribute solid ideas or info, it gets posted and credited if they desire. The major qualifier is please don't be offended if something isn't used or followed up on. Interactivity has its risks.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 01:32 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (45) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »

Update Aruba: Prime Minister To Speak

I will be posting a broader update as part two of this post. There is some news but nothing earth shattering at this time. There is conflicting information coming out of Aruba, genuinely being complicated by communication issues, as opposed to design.

I've been told that I can report the Aruban Prime Minister will deliver a National Address at 8PM to the Aruban people. While I can not say for certain that there won't be a major announcement, given what I do know at this time - which may not be much more than most, it appears as though this may be more of an address to the Island of Aruba, than an announcement of a significant development in the case.

I am posting this now because of my concern for how miscommunication develops between Aruba and the US. If the MSM starts leading with "Major Speech By Aruban PM Tonight" Americans will be glued to their seats waiting for a big break, then be frustrated and angry if it doesn't happen.

To be honest, it could be a break for all I know, but individuals I have talked to in Aruba are at this time suggesting it is more of an address to his people at a time of concern for a great many well-meaning and genuinely concerned Arubans.

I hope to have another update up in 30 mins or so, there were other developments in background but nothing major to report at this time.

Lastly, even from the island there is now conflicting news as regards the blood samples. I posted earlier regarding an ABC report that there was no match to Natalee; I've now heard that at least some sources within the police department in Aruba are suggesting that isn't the case. This may have to do with communication also and a misunderstanding between what blood typing versus DNA identification can reveal and how those facts are communicated through a language barrier.

QUICK UPDATE: Fox is now reporting the substance was not blood but saliva, or another bodily fluid and they appear to be reporting there is no match. That would make my earlier report from ABC technically correct. Facts change from the time I post to before the thing saves and publishes - Damn.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 05:01 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (16) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »

Aruba Update: Site Excavated Today

According to reports from Aruba authorities were called out to a site today as a result of a report by concerned Arubans who continue to search for Natalee Holloway on their own.

The site was located near the Lighthouse and appeared to be a make shift grave marked with objects from the surrounding area. Excavation of the site yielded no signs of anything material to the Natalee Holloway investigation.

Locals were especially concerned as there were signs that the makeshift grave showed distinctive signs of organic decomposition. Reportedly, a dog and possibly another unidentified animal were uncovered. It has not been confirmed that this was linked to the bloody mattress found earlier in the investigation which was determined to be covered with canine blood. Additionally, that mattress was discovered on the other side of the tiny island.

At last report authorities continued to excavate the site to make absolutely certain nothing is overlooked in the search for Natalee Holloway; however, reports also suggest this is a precaution and not anticipated to yield any evidence.

I've been told that the site was discovered because a great many Arubans share America's sadness for the missing girl and continue to search the island on their own despite no currently ongoing organized search.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 06:00 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:18:50 AM »

Interesting

Every attorney involved in this on the part of those arrested has statements or positions throughout the news reports except for one - the attorney for the eldest brother, Deepak Kalpoe.

I cannot find a single report where he has interacted with the press. If anyone finds anything, please let me know. It is not the same attorney as the younger brother. I have a suggested name, Rudy Oomen, but can't confirm until his office opens on Monday.

It may just be a matter of style, but I find it interesting that he hasn't gone on record with anything I can search out through the Internet.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 06:59 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (Cool | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »

Aruban Prime Minister's Address

Translation of the Prime Minister of Aruba's speech tonight:

The prime minister of Aruba , Nelson Oduber, addressed the Arubans today (Sunday, 12th) in Papiamento. He began with a brief summary of the events up until now regarding the Holloway case. Mr. Oduber then went on to ensure everyone that the government and all public institutes will continue to do their utmost to solve the case of the missing U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway. The prime minister continued his speech with some statistics with regard to the tourism activities on the island, underlining the fact that Aruba has the characteristics of being a nice place to spend a vacation. Read the rest here.

Courtesy of Hasibokos

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 09:34 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:20:21 AM »

Translation Of Natalee Update

A reader was kind enough to translate the following document from here for posting. It's another instance of some fine people, from everywhere, contributing what they can to both resolve this within Aruba, as well as to help keep people desiring information as informed as possible.

Het Openbaar Ministerie (OM) op Aruba verwacht spoedig een doorbraak in dezaak van de verdwijning van de achttienjarige Amerikaanse Natalee Holloway.
Dat heeft het OM zaterdagmorgen tijdens een korte persconferentie bekend gemaakt. Het OM wilde verder ontkennen noch bevestigen dat een van de drie jonge verdachten intussen al zou hebben bekend, zoals al diverse Amerikaanse media meldden.

The Justice Department (JD) on Aruba expects a break soon in the case of the disappearance of 18-year-old American girl Natalee Holloway. This is what the JD has announced during a short pressconference Saturday monrding. The JD did not confirm or deny that one of the three young media suspects in the mean time had confessed, as was reported by several U.S. media.

Onder meer CNN en CBS citeren daarbij adjunct-politiecommissaris Gerold Dompig. Volgens deze bron zou een van drie jongens die donderdag werden gearresteerd – Joran van der Sloot (17) en de broers Satish (19) en Depak Kalpoe (21) – de politie naar de plek brengen waar de scholiere Holloway is omgekomen. “Er is iets ergs gebeurd”, zou de verdachte hebben gezegd.

CNN and CBS quoted among others deputy police commisionary Gerold [sic] Dompig. According to this source one of three boys that were arrested Thursday – Joran van der Sloot (17) and the brothers Satish (19) and Depak [sic] Kalpoe (21)- would have brought the police to the place where the student Holloway had perished. “Something bad has happened”, the suspect was quoted as saying.

CNN sprak gisteren met Anita van der Sloot, de moeder van Joran. Zij
vertelde ervan overtuigd te zijn dat haar zoon de autoriteiten alles heeft verteld en onschuldig is. “Hij was bereid om met alles te helpen en zei tegen me ‘Mam, maak je geen zorgen, alles zal goedkomen. Ik weet dat ik onschuldig ben. Ik heb niets gedaan’. Hij was erg open tegenover ons en vertelde alles wat er is gebeurd.” Joran heeft volgens haar ook aangeboden om met de familie van Natalee Holloway te praten.

CNN talked yesterday with Anita van der Sloot, the mother of Joran. She says that she is convinced that her son has told the authorities everything and that he is innocnet. “He was willing to help with everything and told me ‘Mom, don’t worry, everything will be allright. I didn’t do anything’. He was very open with us and told everything that happened.” Joran also offered to speak to the family of Natalee Holloway, according to her.

UITBREIDING

Het OM heeft vrijdag de leiding van het onderzoeksteam uitgebreid met officier van Justitie Amalin Flanegin. Het onderzoek wordt steeds
omvangrijker en de tijd dringt, nu er verdachten in bewaring zijn genomen. Flanegin was tot afgelopen dinsdag ziek thuis en had donderdag nog een strafzaak, waardoor ze niet eerder beschikbaar was.

EXPANSION

The JD has expanded the leadership of the investigation team with prosector Amalin Flanegien. The investigation is getting bigger and time is getting an issue, now that there are suspects in custody.
Flanegin was sick until last Tuesday and had a criminal case on Thursay, which is why she was not available before.

Gisteren gingen er geruchten rond dat hoofdofficier van justitie Karin
Janssen zou zijn vervangen door Flanegin. De Nederlandse zou slecht zijn gevallen bij een deel van het onderzoeksteam van de politie.
Procureur-generaal Theresa Croes-Fernandes ontkent dit in alle toonaarden: “Mevrouw Janssen heeft gewoon de leiding. Dat mensen allerlei onware verhalen de ether insturen, vindt het OM heel vervelend, maar wij kunnen er niet verantwoordelijk voor worden gesteld.”

Yesterday the rumours were going around that headprosecutor Karin Janssen would be replaced by Flanegin. The Dutch Lady would have been in bad graces with a part of the police investigation team. District Attorney Theresa Croes-Fernandez denies this in the strongest possible terms:” Mrs Janssen does have the lead. That people send all sorts of untrue stories into the ether, is something that the JD finds very annoying, but we can’t be held responsible for this.”

VERLENGING

De rechter-commissaris moet zich vanmiddag buigen over de verlenging met acht dagen van de inverzekeringstelling van de drie jongemannen die donderdag werden aangehouden.

EXTENTION

The judge commisioner [has been called judge of instructions by local radio station] has to bow over the question of the extention of eight days of the holding of the three young man that were arrest Thursday.

Rechter-commissaris is de gewoonlijk op Curaçao werkzame strafrechter Dick van den Brink. Hij is intussen al op Aruba gearriveerd. “Dat is gedaan om iedere schijn van bevoordeling te voorkomen,” bevestigt Hofpresident van het

Gemeenschappelijk Hof van Justitie van de Antillen en Aruba, Luis de Lannoy. De vader van een van de jongens is immers plaatsvervangend rechter. En elke indruk moet worden voorkomen dat een rechter wordt aangesteld die met de vader van de jongen bevriend is.

The Judge is the usually working on Curacao criminal judge Dick van den Brink. He has already arrived in Arub ain the mean time. “This is done to prevent any impression of preference treatment,” confirms President of the Common Court of Appeals of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, Luis de Lannoy. The father of one of the boys is a substitute judge. And every impression has to be prevented that the judge that is assigned is friends with the father of the boy.

De advocaten reageren verontwaardigd op de arrestatie van hun cliënten. David Kock, advocaat van de 19-jarige Satish Kalpoe: “Volgens mij weet het OM het gewoon niet en arresteren ze maar. Hoe kan het nou dat ze zeggen alle opties open te houden en tegelijkertijd mijn cliënt toch verdenken van moord?” Rudy Oomen verdedigt de 21-jarige Deepak Kalpoe: “Het is mij een
raadsel hoe je mensen kunt oppakken zonder bewijs. Ik heb nog niets gezien dat er op duidt dat het om een misdrijf gaat, en toch wordt mijn cliënt daarvan verdacht.”

The lawyers had indignant responses to the arrests of their clients. David Kock, lawer of the 19-year-old Satish Kalpoe: “According to me the JD doesn’t know it and they’ll just arrest. How can they say that they’re olding all opoinions open en suspect my client of murder at the same time?” Rudy Oom defends the 21-year-old Deepak Kalpoe: “It’s a mystery to me how you can arrest people without evidence. I have not seen anything yet that could point to a crime, but still my client is being accused thereof.”

De advocaat van Joran van der Sloot, Anthony Carlo, vertelt dat de 17-jarige student van de International School er donderdagavond vermoeid uit zag.
Carlo zei vrijdagmiddag: “Ik heb verzocht of ik bij de verhoren aanwezig mocht zijn, maar het OM heeft dat niet toegestaan. Ik heb de jongen dus alleen maar even gezien nadat hij een hele dag was verhoord. Verder heb ik nog helemaal geen stukken gekregen en weet dus ook niet welke bewijzen het OM denkt te hebben. De stukken krijgen we vaak pas laat, vlak voor de voorgeleiding.”

The lawyer of Joran van der Sloot, Anthony Carlo, tells that the 17-year-old student of the International school looked tired Thursday evening. Carlo said Friday afternoon:”I have requested if I could be attending the interrogations, but the JD didn’t allow this. So I have only seend the boy for a short moment after he was interrogated the whole day. I have not received any documentation and so I don’t know which evidence the JD thinks that they have. Those documents we often get late, just before the appearance [before a judge].”

Volgens Kock wordt de arrestatie gebruikt om meer informatie los te krijgen van de drie jongens. Kock: “Door arrestatie kun je bepaalde dwangmiddelen toepassen die je anders niet zou hebben. Het OM zegt de drie uit tactische overwegingen te hebben aangehouden, dus ik denk dat dat de reden is.”

According to Kock the arrests are being used to get more information of the three guys. Kock: “With arrest you can use certain enforcements that you don’t have otherwise. The JD says to have arrested the three out of tactical reasons, so I think that that’s the case.”

Volgens Oomen ontkent Deepak Kalpoe, de oudste van de drie, iets met de verdwijning van Holloway te maken te hebben. Hij zou vanaf het begin hebben meegewerkt met de politie. Oomen: “En nu verschijnt hij met zijn foto en volle naam overal in de pers. Het is trial by media. Ik vind het natuurlijk heel vervelend voor de familie van het meisje, maar wat de families van deze drie jongens, en de jongens zelf, nu wordt aangedaan is ook verschrikkelijk.”

According to Oomen, Deepak Kalpe, the eldest of the three, denies to have anything to do with the disappearance of Holloway. It seems that he cooperated with the police from the very beginning. Oomen: “And now he appears with his face and full name everywhere in the press. It is a trial by media. Of course I find it very hard for the family of the girl, but what is done to the families of these three guys, and the three guys themselves is also terrible.”.

Voordat de jongens Holloway bij haar hotel zouden hebben afgezet zijn zij naar Arashi geweest. Bij het strand zou Van der Sloot met Holloway op de achterbank van de auto hebben zitten vrijen, terwijl de broers Kaploe voorin de auto zaten. Van der Sloot kende Holloway al van een dag eerder toen zij in het casino van het Holiday Inn kennis gemaakt zouden hebben.

Before the boys dropped allegedly dropped off Holloway at her hotel, they went to Arashi. At the beach Van der Sloot and Holloway were allegdly fooling* around in the backseat [*‘vrijen’ cover a multitude of sexual acts, from kissing to having sex.], while the brothers Kalpe were sitting in the front seat of the car. Van der Sloot already knew Natalee from the day before when they would have met in the casino of the Holiday Inn.

De twee broers hebben tegen de politie verklaard dat Holloway aangeschoten was en na het verlaten van de auto bij de ingang van het Holiday Inn struikelde. Zij werd hier opgevangen door een donkere man met een zwart t-shirt en zwarte broek en een portofoon. Dit zou de reden kunnen zijn waarom twee bewakers van het leegstaande Allegrohotel afgelopen zondag werden opgepakt.

Ook de advocaten van deze twee mannen ontkennen dat hun cliënten iets met de zaak te maken hebben. De rechter-commissaris moet woensdag beslissen of er voldoende reden is de twee bewakers nog acht dagen vast te houden.

The two brothers declared to the police that Holloway was intoxicated and stumbled while leaving the car at the entrance of the Holiday Inn. She was caught here by a black man with a black t-shirt and a black pair of pants with a walki-talkie. This could be the reson why two guards of the empty Allegro Hotel were arrrested last Sunday.

The lawyers of these two men also deny that their clients have anything to do with the case. The judge of instructions has to decide Wednesday if there is enough reason to hold these two guards another 8 days.

HULP

Aruba kan zeker vier dagen hulp krijgen van dertig mariniers bij de
zoektocht naar Holloway. Dat heeft een woordvoerster van de Koninklijke Marine op de Nederlandse Antillen bevestigd vanuit Willemstad op Curaçao.

Minister-president Oduber van Aruba diende vrijdag een verzoek om militaire bijstand in bij de hoofdvestiging van de Koninklijke Marine op de Nederlandse Antillen. De militairen zijn van zaterdag tot en met dinsdag beschikbaar, als de lokale autoriteiten de zoektocht niet alleen afkunnen. Het gaat om zogeheten ‘zachte’ militaire bijstand, waarbij geen wapens worden gebruikt. Eerder zochten zeventig Nederlandse militairen drie dagen mee naar Holloway. Dat deden ze zonder dat Aruba daar om had gevraagd.

HELP

Aruba can definitely get 4 days help of the 30 Dutch marines looking for Holloway. This has been confirmed by a spokeswoman of the Royal Marines in the Netherlands Antilles, residing in Willemstad, Curacao.

Prime Minister Oduber of Aruba entered a request of military assistance to the main office of the Royal Marines on the Netherlands Antilles. The militairy are available from Saturday until Tuesday, if the local authorities cannot do the searches by themselves.
This is the so-called ‘soft’ military assistance, where weapons won’t be used. Earlier seventy Dutch military personnel searched three days for Holloway. They did this without Aruba having to ask.

In totaal zijn sinds zondag vijf verdachten opgepakt. De andere twee
verdachten zijn de bewakers Nick John (30) en Abraham Jones (2Cool van een hotel in de buurt van het hotel waar de scholiere verbleef. Zij werden afgelopen zondag gearresteerd. Alle vijf worden verdacht van moord, doodslag of ontvoering met de dood tot gevolg, of van het medeplegen van een van die feiten.

In total there have been five suspects arrested since Sunday. The other two suspects are the guards Nick John (30) and Abraham Jones (2Cool of a hotel in the area where the student stayed. They were arrrested last Sunday. All five are accused of murder, manslaughter, or kidnapping with death as a result, or conspiracy to commit one of these acts.

Van Holloway is al bijna twee weken geen spoor. Ze verdween aan het einde van een korte trip naar Aruba, samen met schoolgenoten en begeleiders. Ze was zondag 29 mei nog in het gezelschap van de drie vrienden, die haar volgens hun eigen verklaring na een avondje stappen bij haar hotel hebben afgezet. De volgende dag kwam ze echter niet opdagen op het vliegveld. Op Aruba wemelt het inmiddels van de Amerikaanse media. Tientallen journalisten zijn overgevlogen om de vermissingszaak te verslaan. De autoriteiten zijn bang dat de goede naam van het eiland als een van de veiligste in de regio
door de vermissing wordt tenietgedaan.

There has been no trace of Holloway for two weeks. She disappeared at the end of a short trip to Aruba, together with schoolmates and chaperonees. She was in the company of the three friends on Sunday May 29th, who according to their own statement dropped her off at her hotel after a night of partying. However, the next day she didn’t show up at the airport. In the meanwhile Aruba is filed with U.S. media. Tens of journalists have flown over to report on the case of the missing teenager. Authorities are afraid that the good name of their island as one of the safest in the the region is being destroyed by the disappearance.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 10:16 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »

FBI Requests Family Remain Silent

Fox News is reporting that the FBI has requested that the family of Natalee Holloway not talk to the press regarding the case, or talk to anyone else, for that matter, or so it appears.

It can only be assumed that their reasoning is to somehow to prevent anything from damaging the investigation, or a potential prosecution. However, no official reason for the request was provided by Fox.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 10:32 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:28 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot Slammed By Fox News

Updated: 11:20 The angry mail is already pouring in for my making this post. Most of it is fully misinformed as to this site. When I give opinion, I say so. Do I think that Van der Sloot is likely a rich and privileged bully who liked to drink, drug, gamble and chase women? Yes. Do I think he is involved in Natalee's death? Absolutely.

My critique of Fox News has nothing to do with my opinion of Van der Sloot. It has to do with how a responsible News organization presents the news. Ideally it is based upon facts. Fox presented none tonight as regards the suspect. I am not defending Van der Sloot. I am taking exception to the choices made by Fox News.-- Dan

Fair and balanced seemed to be absent tonight from a Fox News profile of Joran Van der Sloot, one suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

In a casual profile based upon little more than idle chatter and pure speculation, tonight Fox News presented what can only be described as a damning profile of suspect Joran Van der Sloot.

Fox reported that one mother of a child attending the International School with Van der Sloot told them Van der Sloot is alleged to have thrown someone through a plate glass window in Aruba sometime within the past year. They also stated there was no police record to support that allegation.

Van der Sloot was also characterized as a bully and presented as someone who might take advantage of his size and his Father's government position. Also suggested was that he had an "anger management" problem. However, no psychological records or formal reports were offered to support those statements.

Additionally they reported that there were images, now gone from his website of his fraternizing with "his tourist" gals. From my own review of the site prior to its termination, I recall pictures of Joran and friends, many female, but few I would characterize as looking like tourists from America.

They also pointed to his apparent indulgence in underage drinking, gambling and driving. As I recall, those aspects of his character were more than well-documented on his website. It seemed unusual to come across a picture where Van der Sloot and friends didn't have a drink in their hands, or were pictured outside of a club or casino.

The report led off by saying that depending on who you spoke with, Van der Sloot was either a good kid and an honor student - or a troubled teen with problems. However, they didn't report anything material to point to the former characterization. I have viewed and saved some files indicating his securing a position on the Honor Roll at the International School, as well as being commended for other educational and extra-curricular activities.

Updated: 11:10

A reader email from HarryTHO:

The Geraldo segment on Fox News this evening (Sunday 12 June 2005) brought in a few criminology experts who essentially went about degrading the reputation of the Aruban police as "irresponsible" and "inexperienced."

One expert went so far as to condemn the police in Aruba for letting the three kids go in order to allow them time to "lawyer-up, clean up their act and get their story straight." All four of the experts were credible, and I am sure they were convincing to the American public who watch the telecast.

Yes, that's true. I was disappointed in the earlier coverage, not because I support Van der Sloot, but because News should be News and not gossip. I'd rather they did their homework if they want to nail Van der Sloot - supported by facts, I'm fine with whatever the conclusion.

As regards the police issue, yes, it was damning, though they gave reasons why the Aruban authorities are not as experienced as we might like with this kind of crime. I thought that's what the FBI was there for, but I'm unaware of what, if any co-operative arrangement is being followed.

It would be good to know if the FBI is also being frustrated by the legal issues involved in overseas police work, or if they are satisfied with the progress of the investigation. It might be good for them to at least speak out a bit. I doub't they will. And that may not be a good sign, either.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 10:53 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink | Comments (213) | TrackBack (0)

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »

More here
http://refugeesunleashed.net/archive/b/carnivorous_conservative/natalee_holloway/index.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.