April 26, 2024, 06:26:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 109035 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 12:10:39 AM »

Dihannah ... thank you for revealing the words written by Obama in his books.  I had no idea.

I cannot comprehend why Obama's true colors ... his true ideology is not front page headlines in the major publication throughout the United States.  Also the television networks are not milking this revelation for all its worth.  WHY??  There appears to be a major media conspiracy that is allowing the American people to be deceived in regards to this wolf in sheeps clothing.

The other candidates would not be spared from media crucification if they utter the same words in reverse yet ... Obama is given a free pass.  I would call that racism in the first degree!

Janet

As ugly as politics has become, I'm surprised it hasn't been brought out in the open more, but I do have faith in his contenders, it will be brought out soon enough.   Funny, cause you'd think the Obama supporters (non-black) would read it.  But not question it?   We are at a critical stage, the worlds stage right now.  We HAVE to get it right!

I just don't understand how people think he's NOT racist!!!!   It truly scares the me to think he could be our next President.  We will be doomed!

More to come.....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 12:18:53 AM »

Dihannah ... thank you for revealing the words written by Obama in his books.  I had no idea.

I cannot comprehend why Obama's true colors ... his true ideology is not front page headlines in the major publication throughout the United States.  Also the television networks are not milking this revelation for all its worth.  WHY??  There appears to be a major media conspiracy that is allowing the American people to be deceived in regards to this wolf in sheeps clothing.

The other candidates would not be spared from media crucification if they utter the same words in reverse yet ... Obama is given a free pass.  I would call that racism in the first degree!

Janet

Believe me; it's much more entertaining to LISTEN to Obama SPEAK the words rather than merely read them on a page.  'Dreams of My Father' was released as a book on tape, with Obama personally narrating.  It's a real eye-opener to hear him utter each and every offensive phrase cited above.  For being a self-styled "post-racial" candidate, Obama is more preoccupied with race and racial animosities than any person I'm aware of.  I'm inclined to believe that he "clings" to his Marxism and demagoguery out of an irrational "bitterness" toward white people.  What a condescending JERK! 
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 12:27:54 AM »

Just a few quotes from his book.  Does answer the question here?
From Dreams of My Father:  "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father :  "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father:  ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father:  "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope:  "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

This needs to be exposed!!!  I believe that this wolf in sheep clothing may very well be the next President of the United States of America.

Janet

This may be a little O/T to some here, but I believe at least Janet will my thoughts, maybe others as well.  But the "wolf in sheep clothing", reminds me of the Bible prophecy and description of the Anti-Christ?   Not saying it's so, but eerily familiar....  just throwing it out there, though it's not politically related.......

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

From Dreams of My Father:  "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father :  "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father:  ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father:  "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope:  "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

This needs to be exposed!!!  I believe that this wolf in sheep clothing may very well be the next President of the United States of America.

Janet

This may be a little O/T to some here, but I believe at least Janet will my thoughts, maybe others as well.  But the "wolf in sheep clothing", reminds me of the Bible prophecy and description of the Anti-Christ?   Not saying it's so, but eerily familiar....  just throwing it out there, though it's not politically related.......

Di ... I have fitted so many politicians into that role over the years ... I just do not go there anymore.  However ... I could change my mind at a moments notice.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 12:37:18 AM »

Good Night Di.  Good Night Steve.

It is so good to know that I am not alone in the twilight zone.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 12:39:47 AM »

Janet

Believe me; it's much more entertaining to LISTEN to Obama SPEAK the words rather than merely read them on a page.  'Dreams of My Father' was released as a book on tape, with Obama personally narrating.  It's a real eye-opener to hear him utter each and every offensive phrase cited above.  For being a self-styled "post-racial" candidate, Obama is more preoccupied with race and racial animosities than any person I'm aware of.  I'm inclined to believe that he "clings" to his Marxism and demagoguery out of an irrational "bitterness" toward white people.  What a condescending JERK! 

Steve, after hearing the pastors rants, which totally infuriated me, I don't think I could take hearing Obama say what I've read, as it has also sent me over the edge.  Thanks for your input and sharing what I believe to be a true racist.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 12:41:50 AM »

Good Night Di.  Good Night Steve.

It is so good to know that I am not alone in the twilight zone.

Janet

Good night Janet and thank YOU for sharing as well.  We are living in a Twilight Zone and it really scares me to think of what our world will become if he's elected. The world is scary enough as it is.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 12:49:05 AM »

Janet

Di ... I have fitted so many politicians into that role over the years ... I just do not go there anymore.  However ... I could change my mind at a moments notice.

Janet

So true.   All polititions are that for that matter, but it just struck a chord with me.  But one thing you said is so true.   Use it in reverse, a white saying the same things in reverse and we'd have riots everywhere.    Racism is racism, no matter the color of one's skin.  If a white man spoke like that,  I would be just as outraged!    Or even asian, etc....   Don't bring it up at all, if it's not an issue! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »

Today ... I am going to hold my breath as well as plug my nose when I purchase a copy of Barack Obama's DREAMS OF THE FATHER as well as a copy of his AUDACITY OF HOPE.

These book will go down in history ...

For easier comprehension in regards to the topic being dialogued ... I have compiled all the quotes that have been accumulated on this thread into a single list.

How will Barack Obama defend his own racist words which reveal an ideology that reflects that of his pastor and mentor for twenty years ... the Pastor Jeremiah Wright of Trinity United.

Why has media sources yet to expose or challenge this "wolf in sheep's clothing" in regards to his own words?

Something is not right.  This man could be the next President of the United States of America!

Janet

+++++++++++++

BARAK OBAMA - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Audacity of Hope: "Lolo (Obama's step father) followed a brand of Islam ...." "I looked to Lolo for guidance".

Dreams of my Father: "The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam."

Dreams of my Father: "In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school" 

Dreams of my Father:  "I Studied the Koran."

Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Dreams of My Father: "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race".

Dreams of my Father: "The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

Dreams of my Father:  "Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning."

Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

Dreams Of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself..".

Dreams of My Father: "That hate hadn't gone away," he wrote, blaming "white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

Dreams of My Father: "There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names"

Dreams of my Father:  "Desperate times called for desperate measures, and for many blacks, times were chronically desperate. If nationalism could create a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise of self-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or the inner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence."

Dreams of my Father:  "To avoid being mistaken for a racial sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy."

Dreams of my Father:  "there was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

Dreams of my Father:  "the reason black people keep to themselves is that it's easier than spending all your time mad, or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you."

Dreams of my Father:  One line in Malcolm X's autobiography "spoke" to Obama "it stayed with me," he says. "He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged."

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »

DREAMS OF MY FATHER - BARAK OBAMA

by Michael Gaynor
Audacity of Barack Obama and Rev. Wright
March 18, 2008 01:00 PM EST

<snipped>

In Senator Obama's first book, titled Dreams of My Father and published in 1995 (after he had been elected president of the Harvard Law Review but before he had been elected to public office), Senator Obama wrote at length about Rev. Wright and his moving "Audacity of Hope" speech.

In Dreams, Senator Obama explained how he met Rev. Wright, whom he mentioned had been "dabbling with liquor, Islam, and black nationalism in the sixties."

He acknowledged that Rev. Wright immediately had given him fair warning that he was controversial, by quoting Rev. Wright as having said: "Some of my fellow clergy don't appreciate what we're about. They feel like we're too radical. Others, we aren't radical enough. Too emotional. Not emotional enough."

He also acknowledged that Rev. Wright let him know at their first meeting that he looked unfavorably on America and expected to continue to do so, by stating, "Life's not safe for a black man in this country, Barack. Never has been. Probably never will be."

Senator Obama left with one of Rev. Wright's "Black Value System" brochures.

When Senator Barack listened to Rev. Wright's "Audacity of Hope" sermon, September 11, 2001 was years away, but, Senator Obama admitted in Dreams, Rev. Wright castigated America.

Senator Obama put it this way: "Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpsville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House. As the sermon unfolded...the stories of strife became more prosaic, the pain more immediate...."

So it's hard to believe that Senator Obama was not familiar until very recently with Rev. Wright's position on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It's even worse for Senator Obama and Rev. Wright.

In Obama: From Promise to Power, by the Chicago Tribune's David Mendell, Mr. Mendell relates (pp. 159-160) a meeting between Senator Obama and Rev. Wright when Senator Obama was deciding whether or not to run for the United States Senate:

"'My name should be out there,' Obama told his pastor. 'but Carol Moseley Braun won't say what's she's going to do, and I'm not gonna run against a black woman. If she's gonna run, then I'm out. Until she says yes or no, I can't say anything."

<snipped>

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/31321.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »

Controversial Video of Obama's Radical Pastor
By Amanda Carpenter
Thursday, March 13, 2008

The controversial pastor who inspired the title of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s autobiography has been videotaped invoking racial slurs while discussing Hillary Clinton.

In the video, available on YouTube, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, a fierce Obama supporter, delivers a sermon about how Clinton cannot relate to American black culture like Obama does.

“Hillary ain’t never been called a [n-expletive]!” Wright fumes.

The following is a full transcription of Wright’s remarks about Clinton, which begin at the 49 second mark.

“ Folks are hatin’ on Barack Obama. He doesn’t fit the mold, he ain’t white, he ain’t privileged. Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fits the mold. Giuliani fits the mold. Rich, white men fit the mold. Hillary never had a cab whiz past her and not pick her up because her skin is the wrong color. Hillary never had to worry about being pulled over in her car as a black man. I am sick of Negros who just do not get it. Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home, Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people! Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a [n-expletive]. Hillary has never had her people defined as non-persons. Hillary ain’t had to work twice as hard just to get accepted by the rich, white folk who [indiscernible] everything just to get a passing grade when you know you are smarter than that C student sitting in the White House. Oh, I am so glad that I have a God who knows what it’s like to be a poor, black man in a country, in a culture that is controlled and run by rich, white people. He taught me, Jesus did, how to love my enemies. Jesus taught me how to love the hell out of my enemies and not be reduced to their level of hatred, bigotry and small-mindedness. Hillary ain’t never had people say she wasn’t white enough. Jesus had his own people siding with the enemy. That’s why I love Jesus, y’all. He never let their hatred dampen his hope.”

Obama has attended Wright’s south side Chicago church, the Trinity United Church of Christ, for the last 20 years and told reporters in the past he didn’t think there as “anything particularly controversial” about Wright.

Obama’s second best-selling autobiography “Audacity of Hope” and 2004 Democratic National Convention keynote speech was inspired by one of Wright’s sermons titled “Audacity of Hope.”

Good Morning America uncovered another controversial sermon delivered by Wright in a report Thursday. ABC’s Brian Ross said Wright delivered a speech in 2003 in which he said, “No, no, no, not ‘God Bless America” but “god damn America."

According to Ross, Wright said “The government gives them [African Americans] the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three strikes law and then wants us to sing 'God bless America,' No, no, no, not 'God bless America,' God damn America -- that's in the Bible, you're killing innocent people, God damn America for treating us citizens as less than human."

Ross also says Wright told his congregation after 9/11: "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye...America's chickens are coming home to roost."

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/03/13/controversial_video_of_obamas_radical_pastor

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »

WASHINGTON POST

Obama's church founded on radical creed
By S.A. Miller
April 1, 2008

The church where Sen. Barack Obama has worshipped for two decades publicly declares that its ministry is founded on a 1960s book that espouses "the destruction of the white enemy."

Trinity United Church of Christ's Web site says its teachings are based on the black liberation theology of James H. Cone and his 1969 book "Black Theology and Black Power."

"What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love," Mr. Cone wrote in the book.

Mr. Cone, a professor at the Union Theological Seminary in New York, added that "black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy."

Mr. Obama's campaign, which for weeks has weathered criticism about inflammatory racial language by the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. at Trinity, said the candidate "vehemently disagrees" with those tenets.

"It's absurd to suggest that he or anyone should be held responsible for every quote in every book read by a member of their church," said Obama spokesman Reid Cherlin.

"Barack Obama is not a theologian, and what he learned in church is to love Jesus Christ and work on behalf of his fellow man, regardless of race, class or circumstance. This is a faulty and disingenuous approach to a church, and a flawed way to judge a candidate," he said.

Mr. Obama has been a member of Trinity, on Chicago's South Side, since finding religion there 20 years ago under Mr. Wright's mentorship. Mr. Wright married the Obamas and baptized their children, and a sermon of his inspired Mr. Obama to title his book "The Audacity of Hope."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080401/NATION/766118950

_____

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »

Controversial Video of Obama's Radical Pastor
By Amanda Carpenter
Thursday, March 13, 2008

The controversial pastor who inspired the title of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s autobiography has been videotaped invoking racial slurs while discussing Hillary Clinton.

In the video, available on YouTube, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, a fierce Obama supporter, delivers a sermon about how Clinton cannot relate to American black culture like Obama does.

“Hillary ain’t never been called a [n-expletive]!” Wright fumes.

The following is a full transcription of Wright’s remarks about Clinton, which begin at the 49 second mark.

“ Folks are hatin’ on Barack Obama. He doesn’t fit the mold, he ain’t white, he ain’t privileged. Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fits the mold. Giuliani fits the mold. Rich, white men fit the mold. Hillary never had a cab whiz past her and not pick her up because her skin is the wrong color. Hillary never had to worry about being pulled over in her car as a black man. I am sick of Negros who just do not get it. Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home, Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people! Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a [n-expletive]. Hillary has never had her people defined as non-persons. Hillary ain’t had to work twice as hard just to get accepted by the rich, white folk who [indiscernible] everything just to get a passing grade when you know you are smarter than that C student sitting in the White House. Oh, I am so glad that I have a God who knows what it’s like to be a poor, black man in a country, in a culture that is controlled and run by rich, white people. He taught me, Jesus did, how to love my enemies. Jesus taught me how to love the hell out of my enemies and not be reduced to their level of hatred, bigotry and small-mindedness. Hillary ain’t never had people say she wasn’t white enough. Jesus had his own people siding with the enemy. That’s why I love Jesus, y’all. He never let their hatred dampen his hope.”

Obama has attended Wright’s south side Chicago church, the Trinity United Church of Christ, for the last 20 years and told reporters in the past he didn’t think there as “anything particularly controversial” about Wright.

Obama’s second best-selling autobiography “Audacity of Hope” and 2004 Democratic National Convention keynote speech was inspired by one of Wright’s sermons titled “Audacity of Hope.”

Good Morning America uncovered another controversial sermon delivered by Wright in a report Thursday. ABC’s Brian Ross said Wright delivered a speech in 2003 in which he said, “No, no, no, not ‘God Bless America” but “god damn America."

According to Ross, Wright said “The government gives them [African Americans] the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three strikes law and then wants us to sing 'God bless America,' No, no, no, not 'God bless America,' God damn America -- that's in the Bible, you're killing innocent people, God damn America for treating us citizens as less than human."

Ross also says Wright told his congregation after 9/11: "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye...America's chickens are coming home to roost."

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/03/13/controversial_video_of_obamas_radical_pastor

One thing that stands out to me, besides the obvious.  For a supposedly, intellectual, well respected person (reverand), his grammar is atrocious!  Isn't he supposed to be a role model for underprivledged and the young?  Well, he might begin with using Proper English! And as far as privileges?  Obama WENT to Harvard AND Columbia (I believe)???!!   That's more than I EVER dreamed of going to!  I have a college degree, but nowhere near a priviledged school, such as those.  And I paid for it with loans totally on my own, working my butt off!  It wasn't given to me, such as it was to his father, when he came here for his education free and returned to his home country.   WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT!!!!?????   It infuriates me to no end, the priviledges given to them AND other non-Americans of other races (including my Greek neighbor), that some CHOOSE not to take advantage of, but still blame the "Rich Whiteys" and blame slavery, of which our generation had no part of.   Not to mention his shame of his own "white" mother.    Makes me totally sick and disgusted! 
GET OVER IT ALREADY!  GET OFF THE PITY PARTY!  Non-American's and races, other than whites, ARE AFFORDED MORE PRIVILEGES THAN ANYBODY!   People need to listen to Bill Cosby more and take notice to him and his intelligent "NON-PITY" attitude to those who feel so damn sorry for themselves,rather than stepping up and do something with themselves!   Where is MY and MY CHILDRENS free education!?  AND THAT GOES FOR WHITE, ASIAN, MEXICAN, ETC....   Get your own shit together and quit feeling as though you are OWED something.  Do other countries offer this freedom????  If you think so, then be on your way!

Ok, off my rant for now.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 12:20:53 AM »

Oh, I am not condoning what happened in Hiroshima, as I wasn't born yet, by MANY years!  However, I know what they did to us.  But damn if the world didn't  depend on us and still does to bail them out of there troubles.   I could go into WWI and WWII, as my father fought in WWII, but what does that have to do with us coming home to roost?   What did Wright do to make the world a better place then or other wars, preach hatred and bigotry?  The God in MY bible, doesn't even come close to his teachings!  Speaking of coming home to roost,  what does Wright think of Bin Laden's fanatic teachings and anti-semitism?  I suppose he condones and supports the fanatatical muslims and there hatred for peace, as that is closest to his own teachings.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 01:21:16 AM »

Di ... my son and daughter-in-law were shopping in town tonight  so ... I requested that they drop by our local Chapters and pick up DREAMS OF MY FATHER by BARACK OBAMA that I had on hold.

Those two went out of their way to drop it off just a few minutes ago.

I will be busy tomorrow highlighting quotes.  I will also source the page of the quotes which you posted yesterday.

Good Night Di

Janet
10:20 PM

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 01:23:22 AM »

Di ... I hear the frustration you feel in your words.

Hugs

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 01:25:21 AM »

Steve ... I see ya lurking.

Good Night.

Janet

_____

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »

Yes, I do sometimes let my emotions overcome me, can u tell?   

That was nice of them to pick the book up for you, and your citing my copied quotes, however, I probably would have bought it used on Ebay or Amazon, so as he does not profit from the sale...   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »

Yes, I do sometimes let my emotions overcome me, can u tell?   

That was nice of them to pick the book up for you, and your citing my copied quotes, however, I probably would have bought it used on Ebay or Amazon, so as he does not profit from the sale...   

I am too impatient.

However ... I do believe I may be returning the book to Chapter's.  I just finish talking with the buyer and ... he explained to me why my copy was not the original ... why it was an edited edition.

Obama originally wrote DREAMS FROM MY FATHER in 1995 following his associated with Jeremiah Wright but prior to entering politics and then ... in 2004 his book was editing and reprinted and ... the 1995 verson was recalled at that time and replaced with the edited version.

You guessed it ... apparently many of Obama's words that directly associated him with the racist ideology have been deleted from the edited edition.  The buyer at Chapters has had several requests for the original edition but ... it no longer exists.  His suggestion to me was used book stores ... EBay (probably very expensive) or ... the public library.

Even if I have to pay a premium price on EBay for the coveted edition ... Obama will not be getting the proceeds.

Janet 

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »

Barack's speech on race in America and building a more perfect union.
http://my.barackobama.com/hisownwords
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.