June 03, 2024, 09:57:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110060 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »

mccain made his speech on memorial day political.
defending in great length why he didn't want more benefits for soldiers.
opposing the john webb GI bill.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/Read.aspx?guid=c2780187-7ce6-4226-bf6e-f04b7a1801cd

and he also defended bush' war in iraq in that speech.

caesu ... I believe you.

I am not getting into McCain or Clinton.  I am a Canadian so will not be voting for any of the candidates.

I have chosen as a project ... along with a few others ... to research Barack Obama's background prior to campaigning for the highest office in the land.  The catalyst of interest began with the media exposure of Obama and Wrights twenty year relationship.

Maybe somebody else will be inspired to research the background of Clinton or ... McCain.

Hey ... I believe that the backgrounds/associations of all three candidates should be research by the American voters.  An informed ballot in regards to ideology is where it is at.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »

Sermons We See
Edgar Guest

I’d rather see a sermon than hear one any day;
I’d rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way.

The eye’s a better pupil and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing, but example’s always clear;

And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action is what everybody needs.

I soon can learn to do it if you’ll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.

And the lecture you deliver may be very wise and true,
But I’d rather get my lessons by observing what you do;

For I might misunderstand you and the high advise you give,
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

When I see a deed of kindness, I am eager to be kind.
When a weaker brother stumbles and a strong man stays behind

Just to see if he can help him, then the wish grows strong in me
To become as big and thoughtful as I know that friend to be.

And all travelers can witness that the best of guides today
Is not the one who tells them, but the one who shows the way.

One good man teaches many, men believe what they behold;
One deed of kindness noticed is worth forty that are told.

Who stands with men of honor learns to hold his honor dear,
For right living speaks a language which to every one is clear.

Though an able speaker charms me with his eloquence, I say,
I’d rather see a sermon than to hear one, any day.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »

that is important too i think. you are doing a great job, i think i've read most your information now.

but i've got the impression that in the MSM obama's background is over-researched and mccain's background under-researched.

why is obama's background over-researched? could it be his colour?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2008, 07:52:08 PM »

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/Read.aspx?guid=c2780187-7ce6-4226-bf6e-f04b7a1801cd

Here is what McCain said about educational benefits for soldiers -

I also believe we should provide veterans with a substantial increase in educational benefits. I have joined with colleagues to offer legislation that will do just that. The bill we have sponsored would increase monthly education benefits to $1500; eliminate the $1200 enrollment fee; and offer $1000 annually for books and supplies. Importantly, we would allow veterans to transfer those benefits to their spouses or dependent children or use a part of them to pay down existing student loans. We also increase benefits to the Guard and Reserve, and even more generously to those who serve in the Selected Reserve.

(snip)

The most important difference between our two approaches is that Senator Webb offers veterans who served one enlistment the same benefits as those offered veterans who have re-enlisted several times. Our bill has a sliding scale that offers generous benefits to all veterans, but increases those benefits according to the veteran's length of service. It is important to do that because, otherwise, we will encourage more people to leave the military after they have completed one enlistment. At a time when the United States military is fighting in two wars, and as we finally are beginning the long overdue and very urgent necessity of increasing the size of the Army and Marine Corps, one study estimates that Senator Webb's bill will reduce retention rates by 16 percent.

Most worrying to me, is that by hurting retention we will reduce the numbers of men and women who we train to become the backbone of all the services, the noncommissioned officer. In my life, I have learned more from noncommissioned officers I have known and served with than anyone else outside my family. And in combat, no one is more important to their soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen, and to the officers who command them, than the sergeant and petty officer. They are very hard to replace. Encouraging people to choose to not become noncommissioned officers would hurt the military and our country very badly. As I said, the office of President, which I am seeking, is a great honor, indeed, but it imposes serious responsibilities. How faithfully the President discharges those responsibilities will determine whether he or she deserves the honor. I can only tell you, I intend to deserve the honor if I am fortunate to rece ive it, even if it means I must take politically unpopular positions at times and disagree with people for whom I have the highest respect and affection.

I believe McCain supports a different approach to the providing benefits.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2008, 07:58:02 PM »

I do not know.  To tell the truth ... the majority of information on Barack Obama has been retrieved from the internet ... not the media ... not the Clinton or McCain campaigns.  So maybe there is info out there on the other candidates ... info that is just waiting for caesu or WhiskeyGirl to compile.

I hope you have a good evening ... hubby and I are off to dinner and a movie with friends.

Janet
5:00 PM

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2008, 08:19:01 PM »

Here is what McCain said about educational benefits for soldiers -

I also believe we should provide veterans with a substantial increase in educational benefits. I have joined with colleagues to offer legislation that will do just that. The bill we have sponsored would increase monthly education benefits to $1500; eliminate the $1200 enrollment fee; and offer $1000 annually for books and supplies. Importantly, we would allow veterans to transfer those benefits to their spouses or dependent children or use a part of them to pay down existing student loans. We also increase benefits to the Guard and Reserve, and even more generously to those who serve in the Selected Reserve.

(snip)

The most important difference between our two approaches is that Senator Webb offers veterans who served one enlistment the same benefits as those offered veterans who have re-enlisted several times. Our bill has a sliding scale that offers generous benefits to all veterans, but increases those benefits according to the veteran's length of service. It is important to do that because, otherwise, we will encourage more people to leave the military after they have completed one enlistment. At a time when the United States military is fighting in two wars, and as we finally are beginning the long overdue and very urgent necessity of increasing the size of the Army and Marine Corps, one study estimates that Senator Webb's bill will reduce retention rates by 16 percent.

Most worrying to me, is that by hurting retention we will reduce the numbers of men and women who we train to become the backbone of all the services, the noncommissioned officer. In my life, I have learned more from noncommissioned officers I have known and served with than anyone else outside my family. And in combat, no one is more important to their soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen, and to the officers who command them, than the sergeant and petty officer. They are very hard to replace. Encouraging people to choose to not become noncommissioned officers would hurt the military and our country very badly. As I said, the office of President, which I am seeking, is a great honor, indeed, but it imposes serious responsibilities. How faithfully the President discharges those responsibilities will determine whether he or she deserves the honor. I can only tell you, I intend to deserve the honor if I am fortunate to rece ive it, even if it means I must take politically unpopular positions at times and disagree with people for whom I have the highest respect and affection.

I believe McCain supports a different approach to the providing benefits.

yes, i read mccain response on friday too why he opposed the webb bill.
he want benefits to increase for veterans who served longer, more tours.
this to encourage re-enlistments - sustain retention.
of course this is important for him - he wants to stay in iraq for 100 years.
as opposed to obama, who wants to end this (some say failed, unjust) costly war.
that's where this comes down to i think.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »

that is important too i think. you are doing a great job, i think i've read most your information now.

but i've got the impression that in the MSM obama's background is over-researched and mccain's background under-researched.

why is obama's background over-researched? could it be his colour?

I'm not sure Obama's background is over-researched.  Anything is possible.  I think McCain's name has bandied about before with regard to the presidency.

From the Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Barack_Obama

During the speech Obama called for an expansion of the United States Armed Forces "by adding 65,000 soldiers to the Army and 27,000 Marines", an idea introduced by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

In an address on national security to the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars on August 1, 2007, Obama stated that as President he would consider military action in Pakistan in order to attack al-Qaeda, even if the Pakistani government did not give approval.[43] Obama said, "I will not hesitate to use military force to take out terrorists who pose a direct threat to America."[44] He also said "As President, I would deploy at least two additional brigades to Afghanistan to re-enforce our counter-terrorism operations".[45]

Obama said he would "ask more from our European allies" to win the struggle in Afghanistan. "You can't have a situation where the United States is called upon to do the dirty work, or the United States and Britain are called upon to do the dirty work, and nobody else wants to engage in actual firefights with the Taliban."[63]

In an interview with NBC's Tim Russert on October 22, 2006, Obama said, "I think that military options have to be on the table when you're dealing with rogue states that have shown constant hostility towards the United States. The point that I would make, though, is that we have not explored all of our options...We have not explored any kind of dialogue with either Iran or North Korea, and I think that has been a mistake. As a consequence, we have almost no leverage over them."[66]

On January 30, 2007, Obama introduced the Iraq War De-Escalation Act of 2007 into Congress. Among other things, the Act calls for capping the level of troops in Iraq at January 2007 levels, and for commencing a phased redeployment of US forces from Iraq "with the goal of removing all combat brigades from Iraq by March 31, 2008, a date that is consistent with the expectation of the bipartisan Iraq Study Group.[81][82] Announcing the act on the Senate floor, Obama stated that "no amount of American soldiers can solve the political differences at the heart of somebody else's civil war."[83]

On August 1, 2007 Obama declared in a foreign policy speech that the United States must be willing to strike al Qaeda targets inside Pakistan, with or without the consent of the Pakistani government. He claimed that if elected, "If we have actionable intelligence about high value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will".[89] On the same day in response, then-White House press secretary Tony Snow highlighted the policy's shift from the position established by the Bush Administration, he said: "Our approach to Pakistan is one that not only respects the sovereignty of Pakistan as a sovereign government, but is also designed to work in a way where we are working in cooperation with the local government".[90]

Lot's of stuff on Obama there...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

yes, i read mccain response on friday too why he opposed the webb bill.
he want benefits to increase for veterans who served longer, more tours.
this to encourage re-enlistments - sustain retention.
of course this is important for him - he wants to stay in iraq for 100 years.
as opposed to obama, who wants to end this (some say failed, unjust) costly war.
that's where this comes down to i think.

I think Obama would focus military efforts elsewhere.

John McCain from the Wiki -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_John_McCain

On January 3, 2008 at a campaign stop in Derry, New Hampshire, when a questioner said, "President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years," McCain responded:

"Make it a hundred. We've been in Japan for 60 years, we've been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That'd be fine with me as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. That's fine with me. I hope it will be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping, and motivating people every single day."[34]

In March 2008, McCain said of Iraq and terrorism that "Gen. Petraeus is correct when he says that the central battleground in the struggle against al Qaeda is Iraq and Osama bin Laden just confirmed that again with his comments last week."[35] In April 2008 he said, "There are tough decisions ahead and America deserves leaders that are up to the challenge. As president, I will ensure that our troops come home victorious in this war that is part of the larger struggle against radical Islamic extremism and will continue to make keeping our nation secure my highest priority." [36]

In a May 15, 2008 speech in Columbus, Ohio, McCain said:

By January 2013, America has welcomed home most of the servicemen and women who have sacrificed terribly so that America might be secure in her freedom. The Iraq War has been won….Iraq is a functioning democracy, although still suffering from the lingering effects of decades of tyranny and centuries of sectarian tension. Violence still occurs, but it is spasmodic and much reduced….The United States maintains a military presence there, but a much smaller one, and it does not play a direct combat role.[37] [38]

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »

Current events -

Obama Considering Solo Trip to Iraq, After McCain Challenge

by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Barack Obama is reportedly considering a trip to Iraq, after John McCain repeatedly challenged the Democratic front-runner to join him there and see the situation on the ground before concluding that U.S. efforts have failed to get the war-torn nation back on track.
“The security of this nation is more important than any political campaign. To say that we failed in Iraq doesn’t comport with the facts on the ground,” McCain said to applause.

He also borrowed a line from Hillary Clinton and took a swipe at Obama for his tenure at the helm of a Foreign Relations subcommittee, saying: “He has not held one single hearing on Afghanistan, where young Americans are in harm’s way as we speak.”

McCain has hitched on to a talking point that is echoing through Republican chambers of late — that Obama would more readily meet with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than hold a one-on-one with U.S. Gen. David Petraeus, the head of Multinational Forces in Iraq.

“He could meet Gen. Petraeus and he could meet Ambassador [Ryan] Crocker, and he could see — he could see the fact that Sadr City is quiet. He could see that the Maliki government has taken control of Basra. He could see that the Iraqi military is leading the fight in these places with the support of American troops,” McCain said.

McCain has visited Iraq eight times since the war began. Obama has been to Iraq once, in 2006, before the surge credited with allowing the oil-rich nation a chance to rebuild. If he goes this summer, it would be his first visit since becoming a presidential candidate.

McCain - Clinton

What a novel idea 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2008, 01:44:59 AM »

Think about it.  Why are America's adversaries all embracing Barack Obama.  Obviously ... American's adversaries comprehend that Obama's ideology does not reflect either Clinton or McCain.  How will they benefit under the leadership of Barack Obama?

Janet

+++++++++++

Obama Dogged By Praise From America’s Foes
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In a presidential race in which unwanted, damaging endorsements seem far more plentiful than endorsements that actually could help, Barack Obama has had the unfortunate distinction of being a magnet for such well-wishers.

The latest unsought praise for the Democratic front-runner came from Fidel Castro, who wrote in a column for Cuba’s Granma newspaper Monday that Obama is “the most progressive candidate to the U.S. presidency.”

... In mid-April, Hamas adviser Ahmed Yousef told WorldNetDaily that “We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the elections.

... Also in March, Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Spain’s El Pais newspaper he didn’t believe Obama would be elected, but that he wouldn’t have a problem meeting with him if he were.

... Obama also has struggled to shake off positive words from the New Black Panther Party and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/28/obama-dogged-by-praise-from-americas-foes/

Fundraiser's Web Page - Update: Terror Fundraiser's Page Disappears!
Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52:41 am PST

Hatem El-Hady, former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts (closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising), has now devoted himself to raising money for the Barack Obama campaign.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/29729_Michelle_Obamas_Name_Removed_from_Terrorist_Fundraisers_Web_Page

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2008, 04:54:01 AM »

What about Hillary?

From the Wiki -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Hillary_Rodham_Clinton

In her address to the 2000 Democratic National Convention on August 14, 2000, she stressed her support for the social programs, Social Security and Medicare, that were established during the presidency of Franklin Roosevelt. "We’ll never accomplish what we need to do for our children if we burden them with a debt they didn’t create. Franklin Roosevelt said that Americans of his generation had a rendezvous with destiny. It’s time to protect the next generation by using our budget surplus to pay down the national debt, save Social Security, modernize Medicare with a prescription drug benefit, and provide targeted tax cuts to the families who need them most."[1]

In a 2004 fund-raising speech in San Francisco, she was highly critical of George W. Bush's tax cuts, saying that "Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."[2] Clinton has sponsored legislation designed to reduce the deficit by reinstating some taxes that had been cut. She has co-sponsored legislation related to debt and deficit reduction. On the other hand, she has advocated for federal spending that many describe as wasteful, including the expenditure of $1 million of federal funds for a museum commemorating the Woodstock Music Festival.."[3]

Clinton supports energy conservation, releasing oil reserves, increasing the number of hydrogen-powered vehicles, and ratification of the Kyoto Protocol. She opposes drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge[7] and the Bush administration's energy policy.[7]

In November 2007 Clinton's energy plan further elucidated:

Reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80% from 1990 levels by 2050
Cut foreign oil imports by two-thirds from projected levels by 2030.
Transform the American carbon-based economy into an efficient green economy, creating at least 5 million jobs from clean energy over the next decade.[11]

When asked if she agreed with the quote from Alan Arenholt that she used in her book, It Takes a Village: "The unfettered free market has been the most radically disruptive force in American life in the last generation,"[12] Hillary replied

"I believe that. That's why I put it in the book...And I just believe that there's got to be a healthy tension among all of our institutions in society, and that the market is the driving force behind our prosperity, our freedom in so many respects to make our lives our own but that it cannot be permitted just to run roughshod over people's lives as well."[13]

I think Hillary has the biggest section regarding Iraq ~

While calling for ending the war in Iraq, Clinton's indicated in July 2007 that she advocates keeping a reduced number of U.S. troops in Iraq for the foreseeable future, stating "we cannot lose sight of our very real strategic national interests in this region."[78] In the speech, she posited redeploying U.S. forces to protect the Kurdish region in the north, to engage in targeted operations against al-Qaeda in Iraq, and to train and equip Iraqi forces.[78] Clinton's position is similar to that of the Iraq Study Group in that she highlights the need for political reconciliation in Iraq, supports the withdrawal of U.S. combat brigades, and favors keeping a reduced number of troops to serve in training and support roles such as protection of the U.S. Embassy.[78]

On August 22, 2007, Clinton credited the troop surge and related new tactics with helping to produce the Anbar Awakening in Al Anbar Governorate,[79] but said that overall the increase in troops had not met stated goals: "The surge was designed to give the Iraqi government time to take steps to ensure a political solution. It has failed."[79] Furthermore, Clinton, following the lead of Senate Armed Services Committee chair Carl Levin, called on the Iraqi Parliament to replace Nouri al-Maliki as Prime Minister of Iraq with "a less divisive and more unifying figure," saying that Maliki had failed to make progress in bridging differences between the hostile factions within Iraq: "Iraqi leaders have not met their own political benchmarks to share power, modify the de-Baathification laws, pass an oil law, schedule provincial elections, and amend their constitution."[80] (Four days later, Maliki responded angrily to the suggestion, saying, "There are American officials who consider Iraq as if it were one of their villages, for example Hillary Clinton and Carl Levin. This is severe interference in our domestic affairs. Carl Levin and Hillary Clinton are from the Democratic Party and they must demonstrate democracy. I ask them to come to their senses and to talk in a respectful way about Iraq."[81])

Above is just a snippet from the Iraq section.

Security vs. human rights

On November 15, 2007, when asked "[is] national security more important than human rights?" Clinton responded, "I agree with that completely. The first obligation of the president of the United States is to protect and defend the United States of America. That doesn't mean that it is to the exclusion of other interests. And there's absolutely a connection between a democratic regime [in Pakistan] and heightened security for the United States."[92]

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2008, 04:59:05 AM »

One more from Hillary ~

Video game regulation

On March 29, 2005, Clinton called the popular video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a "major threat" to morality. She said, "Children are playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them. This is a silent epidemic of media desensitization that teaches kids it’s OK to diss people because they are a woman, they’re a different color or they’re from a different place."[154]

Clinton's main concern was over the sexual content in the Hot Coffee mod portion of the game. She said that if the game's manufacturer did not change the game's ESRB rating from M (Mature 17+) to AO (Adults Only 18+), she would introduce federal legislation to regulate video games. On July 20, 2005, the ESRB changed the rating and as a result, the game was removed from the shelves of Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and other stores.[155][156]

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2008, 05:08:04 AM »

Think about it.  Why are America's adversaries all embracing Barack Obama.  Obviously ... American's adversaries comprehend that Obama's ideology does not reflect either Clinton or McCain.  How will they benefit under the leadership of Barack Obama?

Janet

+++++++++++

Obama Dogged By Praise From America’s Foes
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In a presidential race in which unwanted, damaging endorsements seem far more plentiful than endorsements that actually could help, Barack Obama has had the unfortunate distinction of being a magnet for such well-wishers.

The latest unsought praise for the Democratic front-runner came from Fidel Castro, who wrote in a column for Cuba’s Granma newspaper Monday that Obama is “the most progressive candidate to the U.S. presidency.”

... In mid-April, Hamas adviser Ahmed Yousef told WorldNetDaily that “We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the elections.

... Also in March, Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Spain’s El Pais newspaper he didn’t believe Obama would be elected, but that he wouldn’t have a problem meeting with him if he were.

... Obama also has struggled to shake off positive words from the New Black Panther Party and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/28/obama-dogged-by-praise-from-americas-foes/

Fundraiser's Web Page - Update: Terror Fundraiser's Page Disappears!
Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52:41 am PST

Hatem El-Hady, former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts (closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising), has now devoted himself to raising money for the Barack Obama campaign.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/29729_Michelle_Obamas_Name_Removed_from_Terrorist_Fundraisers_Web_Page

There are some Cuban-Americans that do not like Fidel Castro.  I wonder if his endorsement will alter their views of Obama?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: May 29, 2008, 05:33:04 AM »

I wonder if Obama's speech is recorded anywhere -

Hillary’s Rhetoric vs. Obama’s Hypocrisy

by Tammy Bruce

I haven’t liked the Clintons for some time now but have grown to admire Hillary Clinton’s resilience and commitment to the Democratic race in the face of ridiculous bullying to get her to quit. After all, if the nomination is in Obama’s pocket, why are his supporters frantic in their efforts to get her to quit?

My disappointment with what is at least Hillary’s sloppy, and tasteless rhetoric was mitigated when I heard Obama’s speech on Sunday to Wesleyan graduates. He warned the 700+ undergraduates and 120 doctoral students of the “poverty of ambition” and essentially encouraged them to not pursue the American dream–

“You can take your diploma, walk off this stage and chase only after the big house and the nice suits and all the other things that our money culture says you should.” He continued, “But I hope you don’t.”

This from a 46-year-old man who is running for president, who made over $4 million last year, owns a nice home and wears plenty of great suits. The hypocrisy itself is stunning, but it is also a recipe for economic disaster. All of us want to contribute to our communities through service–and the best service is to build companies, create inventions, and expand the potential of every American life. Working to help the poor is laudable; building a company to employ those who need work is even better.

Rodham Clinton’s remark about RFK was indeed unfortunate and gets her the Head Shake, but Obama’s embrace of the classically leftist notions that capitalism is bad and ambition worth rejecting will have real, disastrous consequences for this nation.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/05/27/hillarys-rhetoric-vs-obamas-hypocrisy/

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: May 29, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »

I wonder if Obama's speech is recorded anywhere -

Hillary’s Rhetoric vs. Obama’s Hypocrisy
by Tammy Bruce

My disappointment with what is at least Hillary’s sloppy, and tasteless rhetoric was mitigated when I heard Obama’s speech on Sunday to Wesleyan graduates. He warned the 700+ undergraduates and 120 doctoral students of the “poverty of ambition” and essentially encouraged them to not pursue the American dream–

“You can take your diploma, walk off this stage and chase only after the big house and the nice suits and all the other things that our money culture says you should.” He continued, “But I hope you don’t.”

This from a 46-year-old man who is running for president, who made over $4 million last year, owns a nice home and wears plenty of great suits. The hypocrisy itself is stunning, but it is also a recipe for economic disaster. All of us want to contribute to our communities through service–and the best service is to build companies, create inventions, and expand the potential of every American life. Working to help the poor is laudable; building a company to employ those who need work is even better.

Rodham Clinton’s remark about RFK was indeed unfortunate and gets her the Head Shake, but Obama’s embrace of the classically leftist notions that capitalism is bad and ambition worth rejecting will have real, disastrous consequences for this nation.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/05/27/hillarys-rhetoric-vs-obamas-hypocrisy/

Transcript Of Obama's Wesleyan Commencement Address
POSTED: 12:43 pm EDT May 25, 2008

http://www.wfsb.com/news/16389467/detail.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: May 29, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »

When you consider Barack Obama's twenty year relationship with Trinity United and ... when you consider his twenty year relationship with the Pastor of Trinity United and ... when you consider that Obama did not disassociate himself from Trinity United or Jeremiah Wright until January, 2008 when the media exposed the anti-American, racist rantings of Wright from the pulpit to a congregation of thousands ....

Logic dictates that Americans who now support Obama need to consider very very carefully prior to casting that ballot.

Janet

+++++++++++

Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Is Obama a "Marxist leftist"?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama's office is responding to charges from former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay that the Illinois Democrat is attempting to conceal his liberal views and that his record in the Senate is comparable to that of a "Marxist Leftist."

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/is-obama-marxist-leftist.html

+++++++++++++++

JAMES CONE - "BLACK POWER/BLACK THEOLOGY"

TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST

"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

++++++++++++++

The Marxist Roots of Black Liberation Theology
April 2, 2008

While Black Liberation Theology is not main stream in most black churches, many pastors in Wright's generation are burdened by (James) Cone's categories which laid the foundation for many to embrace Marxism and a distorted self-image of the perpetual "victim."

... In FOR MY PEOPLE, Cone explains that "the Christian faith does not possess in its nature the means for analyzing the structure of capitalism. Marxism as a tool of social analysis can disclose the gap between appearance and reality, and thereby help Christians to see how things really are."

More:
http://www.acton.org/commentary/443_marxist_roots_of_black_liberation_theology.php

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: May 29, 2008, 04:17:46 PM »

Republicans prepare to take aim at Obama
Wednesday, January 9, 2008

But for former Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, who was known as "the Hammer" on Capitol Hill, said Republicans need to start deconstructing Mr. Obama now.

"Somebody from our side needs to start talking about Obama today. He's a Marxist but a very smart one — he doesn't let anyone know it," said Mr. DeLay.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jan/09/republicans-prepare-to-take-aim-at-obama/?page=1

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jan/09/republicans-prepare-to-take-aim-at-obama/?page=2

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2008, 04:27:35 PM »

The Marxist Roots of Black Liberation Theology
by Anthony B. Bradley
April 2, 2008

Anthony B. Bradley is a research fellow at the Acton Institute, and assistant professor of apologetics and systematic theology at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis.

What is Black Liberation Theology anyway? ....

http://www.acton.org/commentary/443_marxist_roots_of_black_liberation_theology.php

+++++++++++

BTW ... Anthony B. Bradley is Black.  The outcome of his research on Black Liberation Theology cannot be considered a racist attack against Barack Obama.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: May 29, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »

The American people must be informed by what Barack Obama's "change" signifies prior to casting their ballot for the President of the United States.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

Thursday, February 14, 2008
Change Obama can believe in: Socialism?
By Cliff Kincaid

Campaign workers for Senator and presidential candidate Barack Obama are under fire for displaying a flag featuring communist hero Che Guevara.

But Obama has his own controversial connections. He is, in fact, an associate of a Chicago-based socialist group with ties to the Socialist International, access to millions of labor union dollars and connections to expert political consultants, including a convicted swindler.

Obama’s socialist backing goes back at least to 1996, when he received the endorsement of the Chicago branch of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) for an Illinois state senate seat. Later, the Chicago DSA newsletter reported that Obama, as a state senator, showed up to eulogize Saul Mendelson, one of the “champions” of “Chicago’s democratic left” and a long-time socialist activist. Obama’s stint as a “community organizer” in Chicago has gotten some attention, but his relationship with the DSA socialists, who groomed and backed him, has been generally ignored.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2008/ss_politics_02_14.asp

DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS OF AMERICA (DSA)
The Organization

We are socialists because we reject an international economic order sustained by private profit, alienated labor, race and gender discrimination, environmental destruction, and brutality and violence in defense of the status quo.

We are socialists because we share a vision of a humane international social order based both on democratic planning and market mechanisms to achieve equitable distribution of resources, meaningful work, a healthy environment, sustainable growth, gender and racial equality, and non-oppressive relationships.

http://www.dsausa.org/about/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: May 29, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

Obama's campaign workers!!!  Obama's precienct captain!!!  The head of Houston Obama Leadership Team!!!

Obama's leadership teamObama Workers Sporting Che Guevara Images
Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:35 AM
By: Humberto Fontova

During recent interviews of Obama campaign workers on Houston's Fox TV station, the offices of two Texas Obama campaign volunteers (including a precinct captain and head of the "Houston Obama Leadership Team") were found prominently decorated with Che Guevara images, against the backdrop of Cuban flags.

Two days after the Fox TV airing the Obama campaign finally went on record and in a terse statement described the Houston office posters as "inappropriate."

"The U.S. is the great enemy of mankind!" raved Ernesto "Che" Guevara in 1961. "Against those hyenas there is no option but extermination. We will bring the war to the imperialist enemies' very home, to his places of work and recreation. The imperialist enemy must feel like a hunted animal wherever he moves. Thus we'll destroy him! We must keep our hatred against them [the U.S.] alive and fan it to paroxysms!"

http://www.newsmax.com/fontova/obama_campaign/2008/02/14/72655.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.