June 03, 2024, 09:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110058 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »

Kudos for Hutchinson, a man of principle....truly a man of God and the Bible.  I hope he will be able to influence his "gung ho Black for President, no matter character or content" followers.

And, yes Janet, you burst a big bubble....I had great respect for Powell, and certainly believe that he is in no way connected to Islam....how sad that, unlike Hutchinson, skin color is his prioity in a Presidential Election.

Auntiem

I am beginning to get it!

I do not believe that Powell embraces Islam or Marxism.  It all has to do with an African American being sooo close to be elected President of the United States.  African Americans of all political leanings feel strongly that they have to be a part of what will become a historical period in terms of their race.

I believe this would have happened to some extent if a conservative African American was the candidate.

It has nothing to do with ideology and ... everything to do with race.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »

Well, I want to disagree to some extent with this.  When Colin Powell was the highest appointed black in any presidential administration in history and certainly in the Gulf War, the highest black official in the military, joint chiefs of staff, he was bashed daily by the liberals black and white who called him Uncle Tom and said the sorriest most hateful things about him I have ever read and remember the pictures of Condi when she was in Israel of the blacks and whites on Kos kids, Huff Puff, Acorn, etc.,. depicting her as an Jemima and Bush's prostitute.  So, no, it's not about color, it's about power and who wants it and who has it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »

Good Morning Tylergal

It is not only Colin Powell who is leaning towards supporting Barack Obama ... it is many prominent African American conservatives ... conservatives who have always taken a firm position again left-wing politics ... the left wing politics that Obama embraces.

If the shift in allegience is not a change of heart regarding ideology ... then why?

Janet

If support

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »

Mr. Obama

When you point your finger ... there are three pointing back at you.

Janet

+++++++++

updated 4:48 p.m. EDT, Sat June 21, 2008
Obama hits McCain on help for cities, levees

Obama also hit hard on McCain's trip to Iowa this week to see firsthand the effects of devastating flooding.

"Both Sen. McCain and I have traveled recently to the areas that have been devastated by floods. And I know that Sen. McCain felt as strongly as I did feeling enormous sympathy for the victims of the recent flooding. ... And I'm sure they appreciated the sentiment, but they probably would have appreciated it even more if Sen. McCain hadn't opposed legislation to fund levees and flood control programs, which he considers pork."

Shortly after Obama's speech, the McCain campaign lashed out, saying the Illinois senator opposed and even voted against a bipartisan effort in the Senate by McCain; Sens. Russ Feingold, D-Wisconsin; and Claire McCaskill, D-Missouri; to ensure that levees were fixed first.

"It is beyond the pale that Barack Obama would attack John McCain for actually trying to fix the problem and change the way Washington works. Barack Obama's willingness to continue the status quo pork-barrel politics in Washington, and then engage in political attacks that entirely disregard the facts, once again fundamentally shows that he's nothing more than a typical politician," McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/21/campaign.wrap/index.html

_____

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:47 PM »

In Jacksonville on Friday, Obama says he knows Republicans will stoke the fires of racism.

"We know what kind of campaign they're going to run," the Illinois senator said at a fundraising event in Jacksonville, Florida.

"They're going to try to make you afraid of me - 'He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?'"

Polls show that Mr Obama is now the clear front runner for the White House, leading in national opinion polls by an average of nearly six percentage points. A Newsweek poll released yesterday put him 15 points ahead.

Isn't it amazing that the white vote is split between Obama and McCain the same way it is always is between GOP and Democrats but the other factor involved is that 92% of blacks will vote for Obama whereas only 7% of blacks will vote for McCain.  Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black or is this not just playing a race card where none should be played?  The only person who has brought up race is Obama, but I am sure that is probably coming from his militant wife who thinks the world owes her something because she attended Princeton and Harvard and chooses not to wear any shoes that cost less than $500 a pair.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: June 23, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »

CAMPAIGN '08
Obama campaign targets black voters -- carefully
Alex Brandon / Associated Press
What makes the idea of bringing in so many new voters more than just political fantasy is the Obama campaign’s deep pockets and the sophisticated apparatus it has begun building to achieve its goals.
Strategists believe they've identified a new and potentially decisive Democratic electorate in at least five battleground states. The trick lies in wooing them without alienating whites.
By Peter Wallsten, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
8:08 PM PDT, June 22, 2008
WASHINGTON -- As they ponder a political map that has spelled defeat for Democrats in the last two presidential elections, Barack Obama's campaign strategists are quietly laying plans to draw African American voters to the polls in unprecedented numbers by capitalizing on the excitement over the prospect of electing the nation's first black president.

Obama strategists believe they have identified a gold mine of new and potentially decisive Democratic voters in at least five battleground states -- voters who failed to turn out in the past but can be mobilized this time because Obama's candidacy is historic and his cash-rich campaign can afford the costly task of identifying and motivating such supporters.

No, there's definitely no racism here.  Just move on.  You tiptoe around it and couch it in airy verbiage and point your finger at the McCain camp who has never mentioned race and have vowed that they will not and they have kept their promise, but not Mr. Obama.  He was the first one to accuse Bill Clinton of racism and for what?  Nothing. 

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »

WHEN ILL WINDS BLOW

Rancor wells up

By David Greising
June 22, 2008

Floodwaters had engulfed Ben Creelman's home in Oakville, Iowa. He was visiting the Red Cross Center to register for federal aid, and he paused to contemplate it all.

"Where is all the fundraising that Katrina victims had?" Creelman asked, a disgusted tone seeping into his voice. "Is it because we're not from the Deep South? Is it because we're from the Midwest?"

Creelman didn't put it in so many words, but his message was clear. The poor, mostly African-American residents of New Orleans' 9th Ward inspired a charitable outpouring not seen since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11. The flooded farms of the central Midwest, meanwhile, just can't catch a break.
(snip)
Shocking, unsettling loss brings out a side we prefer to keep hidden, a part of ourselves we wish would go away. It's that element in us that can't help but look for someone to blame, someone to be jealous of, someone to indict as a symbol of all that has gone wrong. And that element was on display last week in Iowa as numerous flood victims expressed anger and bitterness to Tribune reporters.
(snip)
The feeling can be as untamable and overwhelming as the Mississippi River. It laps up against our civility, pushing and probing for points of weakness until at last it spills over in a destructive surge of ill will.

It happened with Katrina. Many African Americans took the government's ineffective response to that disaster as a sign of race-driven indifference.

And watching the chaos unfold on television from the comfort of their living rooms, some Americans wondered why Katrina's victims allowed themselves to plunge so desperately into chaos.

(snip)
Tom Huston is chairman of the bank his father founded, and he has reached an age where his son runs the bank day to day. He is rightly proud that this town out of "American Gothic" has so warmly embraced the influx of Hispanic residents. Drawn by jobs at the Tyson pork-processing plant, Hispanics now make up 40 percent of Columbus Junction's population.

As they fought—unsuccessfully, it turns out—to stop the Iowa River from flooding the town, the newcomers worked side by side with families who have lived in Columbus Junction for generations.

"We don't rely on the government to come tell us what to do," Huston said. "We don't stand around and wait for other people to do for us. We're not that way."

Hispanic residents, in particular, "dived right in," he said.

In Huston's view, though, not everyone pitched in.

"We have some people who work for Tyson—the colored—they sat around," he said. "They didn't know to go fill sandbags. They washed their cars. Or they sat in the window and watched."

"Some people are raised that way. You sit and wait for somebody to do something for you," Huston added.

According to census data, African-Americans make up 0.6 percent of Columbus Junction's population. In other words, about 12 live in town. Whether any actually helped on the levee is anybody's guess.

When I mentioned the golfers to Huston and observed that people from all walks of life can be sublimely indifferent to the pain that surrounds them, he got the point.

"There's plenty to do," Huston observed. "People just have to go and do it."
(snip)
There was no Superdome-style meltdown in central Iowa. There is no density of destruction to match New Orleans' 9th Ward. The handful of flood-related deaths don't compare with the more than 1,500 who lost their lives in Katrina, and the many thousands more who lost their homes. And since the flooding began just more than a week ago, the American public has barely had time to chip in.By making such comparisons, though, one falls into a trap—measuring misery against misery in in an effort to say one is deeper than another.

We should avoid tallying score cards of suffering. Pain jolts just as hard, whether it hits a white farmer or a black resident of New Orleans' 9th Ward.

The only tally worth keeping is the one that measures the depth of our compassion.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-flood-race_thinkjun22,0,6942687,print.story

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »

I have seen the difference and I know the difference and I know the reason why our president is excoriated by the racemongers the way he is.  These people in the Midwest are salt of the earth, they work hard, they pay their way and pave our way.  The President is the only person who seems to have even cared throughout this time save the good, hardworking Christian volunteers in this country.  Otherwise, no help there.  The reason is this is not a story about a bunch of good-for-nothing whining will-never-work-for-food, will-never-think-for-themselves freeloaders that are trapped in this situation in Iowa, Wisconsin, etc.  These are the people who make the trains run on time.  These are the people who pay the taxes, who do as they are asked, raise their children properly and want to leave others alone to enjoy their freedoms and work  for what they have.  On the other hand, the freeloaders of the 9th ward never worked, never wanted to work, wanted to suck at the trough of government and holler racist to top  of their lungs when they were too sorry, lazy to get up off their duffs and leave town when the president called their half-wit governor and mayor and admonished them to leave.  They only wanted to get mr. Plastic Face Shepherd Smith and little man syndrome Geraldo in New Orleans so they could whine and blame if on whitey.  That is all that we saw and that is all we will see again standing at the polls come November complaining that they were not allowed to vote (that is code for not allowed to vote twice in every precinct).

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

Shelby Steele, in an interview concerning Obama supporters and race, stated, uniquivicably that Race ...most certainly ....is THE issue.  And the ONLY issue, Obama would not be the candidate were it not for his race.  Quite simply, he stated (Mr.Steele) that White America is so overly desirous of proving racism no longer exists in this country and the proof will be supporting and electing a Black man for the highest office of this land. Electing Obama will be the ultimate in Politically Correctness. 

Quite simply, for whites NOT to vote for this virtually unknown candidate, signals Racism. White Americans must feel the obligation to to vote for this man, not for his qualities, experience or character....very little is known of this man Obama that is positive for this country. Quite honestly, what IS known about this man paint him, IMO, as dangerous, deceptive, dissatified with his country, he dishonors and would deny half of his ethnicity .

So, the results of the Election in November....will be a message to the World......If Obama wins......Racism is a thing of the past in America......if he loses.....the World can sit back and say, America is not a country one Nation under God, where all men are EQUAL.

I can only state this simply, not eloquently as some of you can, because it "All boils down to the simple answer....Americans are afraid of appearing racist, if they don't vote for Obama".

So we are ready to put into office an American malcontent, who is struggling with his own identity......a man who not only does not have a handle on his own ethnicity....he has no clue as to what America is all about.

Folks, this man hates this country, wants to change ....what???
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2008, 12:32:17 PM »

I saw that interview and you did a fabulous job of articulating it.  Yes, you did!  Yes, we will!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

Why are the "powers that be" in the American Aministration not addressing this issue?

Why is the McCain campaign not seriously addressing this issue?

Why is the media not seriously addressing this issue?

Why does Barack Obama get a free pass to undermine the laws he has sworn to uphold?

IS RACE THE ISSUE?  IS IT POLICAL CORRECTNESS/ APPEASEMENT THE ISSUE?

18 USC Sec. 713 …
(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

++++++++

Barack Obama appears with personalized presidential seal
Friday, June 20th 2008

Snarked John McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds, "I think we can all agree that we need presidential candidates that are serious enough not to play make-believe on the campaign trail."

"It's laughable, ridiculous, preposterous and revealing all at the same time," Bounds said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/06/20/2008-06-20_barack_obama_appears_with_personalized_p.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »

THE SEAL

Obama Camp Drops Familiar ‘Presidential Seal’
by FOXNews.com
Monday, June 23, 2008

Barack Obama’s campaign has canned its use of an emblem that critics had panned as a theft of the official U.S. presidential seal.

More:
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/23/obama-camp-drops-familiar-presidential-seal/

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »

Why are the "powers that be" in the American Aministration not addressing this issue?

Why is the media not seriously addressing this issue?

Why does Barack Obama get a free pass to undermine the laws he has sworn to uphold?

IS RACE THE ISSUE?  IS IT POLICAL CORRECTNESS/ APPEASEMENT THE ISSUE?

18 USC Sec. 713 …
(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

++++++++

Barack Obama appears with personalized presidential seal
Friday, June 20th 2008

Snarked John McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds, "I think we can all agree that we need presidential candidates that are serious enough not to play make-believe on the campaign trail."

"It's laughable, ridiculous, preposterous and revealing all at the same time," Bounds said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/06/20/2008-06-20_barack_obama_appears_with_personalized_p.html

18 USC Sec. 713 …

maybe the sentence is a bit too long here.

but "likeness" is of course subjective.

and would it be for "the purpose of conveying a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the US Gov"?

don't think a judge or jury would rule that.
else i am sure the counsel of the president would have filed a complaint or gone to court.
no need to get fired up about this IMO.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

so why jumped anti-Obama camp on that seal?
would that also have happended if McCain made such a seal?

i doubt that.
just another non-issue being brought up to attack Obama.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »

That's what separates the patriots from the journeymen.  A patriot would not misconfigure a seal that has been a part of our republic since the beginning.  Only a foolish poorly, overeducated fool would do such.  Even his staff and Democrat governors frowned on it. 

With every passing day, it becomes more and more obvious that this poseur, Obama, is child's play in the hands of campaign staffs, who want to make him President of the United States of America.

Showcase your friends and I will tell you what you are.  Obama has been shown to be a nitwit traitor by his friends' parade.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »

i doubt that.

Yes!

A candidate running for the highest office in the land should have known it was illegal to mess with the Presidential Seal.

What arrogance!

Janet

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

i doubt that.

Perhaps these "non-issue" are being created as a diversion to any real issues that may be lurking or expected to make an appearance in the future?  Maybe small issues will be common, and when a real issue appears, no one will notice or they will pretend they do not notice?

Like the story of the boy who cried wolf?  When the real wolf appeared, no one was listening.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »

i doubt that.

Yes!

A candidate running for the highest office in the land should have known it was illegal to mess with the Presidential Seal.

What arrogance!

Janet

he didn't do that.
please read 18 USC Sec. 713 (a) again.
else Mukasey would file a lawsuit.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »

i doubt that.

Yes!

What arrogance!

Janet

he didn't do that.
please read 18 USC Sec. 713 (a) again.
else Mukasey would file a lawsuit.

Comedy?  Parody?  Humor of some kind?

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »

Janet

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.