April 26, 2024, 01:35:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, Krystal Renee Maddox, 31 Murdered 1/19/2014 4-GUILTY  (Read 47106 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_ed124a3a-d8c2-11e3-96c7-001a4bcf887a.html

Suspect in shooting deaths of Zavalla couple leads authorities to guns in pond

Authorities believe weapons were used in couple’s slayings

Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:00 am | Updated: 8:55 am, Sun May 11, 2014.

By JESSICA COOLEY/The Lufkin News

One of the four family members being charged in the January shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple in Tyler County has led authorities to the guns believed to have been used in the killings, according to a defense attorney in the case.

Four members of the Westfall family — Paul, 56, Letha, 54, Kristen, 29, and Cameron, 18 — have been charged with engaging in organized criminal activity-capital murder in the Jan. 18 shooting deaths of Nathan Maddox, 34, and his wife Krystal, 30, in front of a country church near Colmesneil. All four suspects have pleaded not guilty. A judge this past week ruled Paul Westfall incompetent to stand trial.

I wonder who talked?

The picture that popped up with the article was the son, Cameron...so that made me wonder if it was him?  I haven't seen that stated anywhere yet though.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_ed124a3a-d8c2-11e3-96c7-001a4bcf887a.html

Suspect in shooting deaths of Zavalla couple leads authorities to guns in pond

Authorities believe weapons were used in couple’s slayings

Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:00 am | Updated: 8:55 am, Sun May 11, 2014.

By JESSICA COOLEY/The Lufkin News

One of the four family members being charged in the January shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple in Tyler County has led authorities to the guns believed to have been used in the killings, according to a defense attorney in the case.

Four members of the Westfall family — Paul, 56, Letha, 54, Kristen, 29, and Cameron, 18 — have been charged with engaging in organized criminal activity-capital murder in the Jan. 18 shooting deaths of Nathan Maddox, 34, and his wife Krystal, 30, in front of a country church near Colmesneil. All four suspects have pleaded not guilty. A judge this past week ruled Paul Westfall incompetent to stand trial.

I wonder who talked?

The picture that popped up with the article was the son, Cameron...so that made me wonder if it was him?  I haven't seen that stated anywhere yet though.

Thank you, texasmom. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »

Tyler Co. double-homicide suspect competent to stand trial
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 12:38 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 19, 2014 12:38 PM CDT
By Caleb Beames - bio | email

Paul Westfall (Source: Tyler County Jail)

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -
One of four people accused of killing a Zavalla couple is now competent to stand trial after being evaluated at a state mental hospital.

Tyler County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Phil Ryan confirmed Paul Westfall was determined to be incompetent. He was ruled incompetent in May and sent to a state mental hospital for evaluation.

Ryan said he will be returned to the Tyler County Jail within the next two weeks.

On March 11, Tyler County deputies arrested Paul Westfall, Letha Westfall, Kristen Westfall, and Cameron Westfall near Mt. Carmel Church, where Nathan and Krystal Maddox were killed in a Jan. 18 shooting incident after a supervised visit with Nathan Maddox's 5-year-old daughter.

The Tyler County grand jury handed down indictments against the Westfalls. Kristen Westfall is Nathan Maddox's ex-wife, and Paul and Letha Westfall are her parents. Cameron Westfall is Kristen's brother.

All four of the Westfalls were each charged with engaging in organized criminal activity, a first-degree felony. Bail was set at $1 million for each person.

Copyright 2014 KTRE. All rights reserved.

http://www.ktre.com/story/26578301/tyler-co-double-homicide-suspect-competent-to-stand-trial

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »

Thank you for the update littletxlady.  I'm hoping there will be justice for the family and for all the children of both Nathan and Krystal Maddox.  Anyone with knowledge, that enabled or helped cover up or cover for, drove a vehicle, provided a firearm, anything that had to do with the premeditated murders of the Nathan and Krystal Maddox must be held accountable and pay for their crimes.  It looks like there were at least four people in on it.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2018, 08:07:36 AM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/community/article_de9372a8-3be9-11e7-b899-2b31824824f2.html

Final suspect in 2014 slayings gets life in prison
May 18, 2017

TYLER COUNTY — The final suspect in the Jan. 18, 2014, slaying of a Zavalla couple pleaded guilty Thursday morning in a Tyler County courtroom.
Paul Westfall accepted a plea bargain of life in prison for his role in the shooting deaths of Nathan and Krystal Maddox outside Mount Carmel Baptist Church near Colmesneil.
At the time of their death, Nathan and Krystal were in a custody battle with Kristen Westfall’s parents, Letha and Paul Westfall, concerning Nathan and Kristen’s 5-year-old daughter, Madison, according to previous reports. The Maddoxes were at the church on a court-ordered visitation.
In August 2016, a Brazos County jury deliberated for about eight hours before finding Kristen Westfall guilty of capital murder and sentencing her to life in prison, the previous reports state. Kristen’s mother, Letha Westfall, pleaded guilty May 24, 2016, to engaging in organized criminal activity resulting in murder, and was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after serving 30 years. Cameron Westfall, Kristen Westfall’s brother who allegedly disposed of the guns in a pond near the family’s home, accepted a plea agreement on May 12, 2016, for 10 years prison for one charge of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence and five years prison with 10 years probation for a second charge of tampering with evidence.
During Kristen Westfall’s trial, state prosecutor Samantha Oglesby, who assisted state prosecutor Lisa Tanner, said Paul Westfall first shot Krystal, killing her instantly, and Kristen Westfall shot Nathan in the hip with a shotgun to give her father enough time to reload his rifle before he fatally shot Nathan, according to the previous reports. She said the Westfalls chose the church for the visitation because it was near their home and is isolated. Oglesby said Westfall used her and Nathan’s daughter, Madison, as bait to help “set the trap.”
Paul Westfall was initially charged with two counts of capital murder, but in accordance with the plea bargain, he pleaded guilty to the lesser charges of murder.
Following the sentencing, several of Nathan and Krystal’s family members gave victim impact statements.
Nathan’s father, Jim Maddox, said he is happy that Paul Westfall accepted the bargain and told Westfall, “May God have mercy on your soul.”
Kelly Haggard, Nathan’s mother, told Westfall she had no wishes of mercy for him.
Krystal’s mother, Rhonda Humphus, told Westfall he is a coward and “will probably be killed in prison” for what he has done.
She then read letters written by Krystal’s other children.
“One day you will die, and you will answer for what you have done,” one of the letters stated.
Humphus told Westfall he “snuffed out a beautiful life.”
“You took my life that day, my world, my beautiful friend and advocate to children, my beautiful daughter,” she said.
She said that she imagines the ways to kill the Westfalls, but her faith will not permit her to do so.
“There is a light that I have that you never will,” she said. “If I had a gun right here, I would not use it.”
Humphus said Madison is safe, and one day she will tell her what the Westfalls did.
“There will always be holes in our hearts, but we have amazing memories and the daily signs that their spirits are with us,” she said. “I will never understand how you did what you did, or your family.”
She then held up her right fist and said, “In true Krystal fashion, she will get the last word today. Love Krystal.”
Jim Maddox told The Lufkin News he believes justice has been served.
“I feel it was served as best as it could be,” he said. “Because we reduced the charges from capital murder with life without parole to two counts of murder where he’ll be eligible for parole in 30 years, some might see it as a compromise, but with his health, it’s really just a distinction without a difference. It’s still a life sentence for him, and I don’t see him even making it 30 years.”
Maddox said that having all four Westfalls sentenced delivers some degree of closure, but not completely.
“This situation will never just go away, but we turn the page from here and move forward,” he said.
He said he was thankful for law enforcement, prosecutors, family and friends for helping bring justice for Nathan and Krystal Maddox.
“I’m thankful for everybody that played a role in bringing this to where it is today,” he said.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2018, 06:19:37 AM »

Thanks Nut44x4!   

So glad they were all convicted and in jail for a long long time.  Still such a sad and shocking case.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.