March 28, 2024, 09:54:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Brief for Barack  (Read 6031 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 02:26:38 AM »

More shocking to me now, is this Catholic Priest, Pfleger, coming out ranting and raving like Wright!  Defending Wright and Farrakan, saying they are both men of honor and true biblical scholars!   I am not catholic, but have attended catholic churches and have seen enough to know, I CANNOT believe a preist would come out swinging and speaking like that in defense of both these racist men. Condoning there hatred towards Jews! Ironically he is a white priest, but I'd certainly be just as afraid to attend his church as any of the other racist churches mentioned.    I wonder what the Catholic church thinks about this.  He was speaking just like Wright!  I was in total shock!

Shows how the bible is so true in it's teachings of false doctrine towards the end, cause I'm seeing it everywhere!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 02:40:26 AM »

More shocking to me now, is this Catholic Priest, Pfleger, coming out ranting and raving like Wright!  Defending Wright and Farrakan, saying they are both men of honor and true biblical scholars!   I am not catholic, but have attended catholic churches and have seen enough to know, I CANNOT believe a preist would come out swinging and speaking like that in defense of both these racist men. Condoning there hatred towards Jews! Ironically he is a white priest, but I'd certainly be just as afraid to attend his church as any of the other racist churches mentioned.    I wonder what the Catholic church thinks about this.  He was speaking just like Wright!  I was in total shock!

Shows how the bible is so true in it's teachings of false doctrine towards the end, cause I'm seeing it everywhere!

As a Catholic myself, I can assure you that Pfleger's sentiments are definitely NOT sanctioned by Church.  On the contrary, political activism on the part of the priesthood is thoroughly frowned upon.  From time to time, however, demagogue priests do emerge, and the Church's organization and structure can make them difficult to muzzle or control.  Father Coughlin from the 1930s was the most infamous example.  The Church hierarchy and the Roosevelt Administration were eventually able to shut Father Coughlin down and smother his pro-Fascist rhetoric, but it took a while.  I can also relate a personal story.  During my university days over 25 years ago, the priest in charge of the campus ministry was an outspoken Communist who denounced the United States in sermon after sermon.  This offended many in the congregation, some of whom complained to the Bishop.  For his next assignment -- much to his dismay -- our campus priest found himself suddenly transferred to Dawson City in Canada's remote and frozen Yukon Territory, where he could little mischief.  Who knows?  Father Pfleger might find himself in similar circumstances.  I can only hope. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »

Steve ... the issue is not Jeremiah Wright's theology ... the issue is that Obama ... who may very well be the next President of the United States of America ... never challanged this theology as he sat in the pews of Trinity United for twenty years and ... listened from the pulpit for twenty years.

Jeremiah Wright was bestowed the honor by Obama of officiating at his marriage ... the most memorable day of his life and ... officiating at the baptism of his two precious children.

Obama supported the furthering of Wright's agenda in annual contributions of $27,000 ... the largest annual donation by far that Obama donated to any charity.

Steve ... you and other Catholics are outranged by Father Pfleger's endorsement of Jeremia Wright ... you are not remaining silent regarding his words/actions. 

Janet

++++++++++++++

Rev. Jeremiah Wright delivers blessing at Chicago Catholic church

Chicago, Mar 31, 2008 / 06:26 pm (CNA).- Senator Barack Obama’s controversial former spiritual adviser, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, made a surprise appearance at a Catholic church on the South Side of Chicago on Friday night.  During the visit, the pastor of St. Sabina Catholic Church praised Wright and asked him to deliver a blessing for the church’s lecture series, CBS2 Chicago reports. 

Wright, who was Senator Obama’s mentor for twenty years, became the center of controversy after clips of his sermons condemning America were posted on the internet. 

Senator Obama, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for the presidency, has distanced himself from Wright’s remarks.  Wright’s visit to St. Sabina’s was reportedly his first public appearance since the controversy over his remarks began.

According to CBS2 newscaster Diann Burns, the crowd at St. Sabina parish, though surprised by Wright’s appearance, was “quick to show their support.”

The church’s pastor, Father Michael Pfleger, publicly welcomed Wright to the event.  “We love you.  We praise God for you,” the priest said to Wright.  In later interviews with the press, the priest defended Wright from criticism.

Father Pfleger had invited Wright to the church’s African-American Speaker Series, which featured writer and civil rights activist Dr. Maya Angelou. 

Father Pfleger explained to CBS2 the reason for Wright’s invitation. 

“I wanted him to come tonight as a guest because he loves Dr. Angelou, and I wanted him to see the love of people for him,” he said.  “And so when I asked him about coming, he said he’d be honored to come.  And it was a blessing for us to have him here.”

According to CBS2, Reverend Wright did not speak about Senator Obama at the event, but gave a blessing to the congregation.  After the blessing, Wright went to a nearby office where dozens of people lined up to greet him.

The church’s pastor has praised Senator Barack Obama’s presidential run.  The Obama campaign’s website identifies Father Michael Pfleger as the senior pastor at St. Sabina Church. 

The priest is quoted as saying, “I’m concerned by issues of poverty and issues of justice and equal access and opportunity especially when dealing with children and education and healthcare. Also, the war in Iraq is non-negotiable: end it! The faith community has to be a prophetic voice to bring us to where we ought to be as a country. Its voice should call every individual to be their best and not assimilate into anything less. Obama is calling back those who have given up and lost hope in the political system both young and old in the belief that we can fix it. He has the intellect for the job and I haven’t heard anyone since Robert F. Kennedy who is causing such an emotional and spiritual awakening to the political possibilities.”

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Father Pfleger has called recent criticism of Wright “shameful.” 

"I wanted him to come here so he could see that people really stand with him and support him while he's under all this attack," Father Pfleger said on Saturday, the Sun-Times reports.  "America, unfortunately, has been really cheated of knowing the real Dr. Wright."

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=12198

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »

Jeremiah Wright Sounds Off At Eulogy for Chicago Judge
by FOXNews.com
Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rev. Jeremiah Wright told a congregation in Norfolk, Va., on Sunday that reporters sneaked into a private funeral service a day before, in which he blasted America’s founding fathers for slavery and white supremacy and received standing ovations for attacking FOX News for covering his anti-American sermons.

Barack Obama’s retiring pastor delivered a sermon at Bank Street Memorial Baptist Church, where his late uncle had been the pastor, about overcoming trouble. The public appearance was his first since news broke that the Democratic presidential candidate’s pastor frequently rails on the United States.

Though Wright said nothing about Obama or the uproar itself, he alluded to the controversy while briefly back in the pulpit Saturday to deliver a eulogy for a late congregant of Trinity United Church of Christ — former appellate judge R. Eugene Pincham.

Wright, who is on sabbatical before retiring from Trinity United, said America’s mistreatment of blacks is the result of the founding fathers, who “planted slavery and white supremacy in the DNA of this republic.”

First reported by The Chicago Sun Times, Wright told mourners at the funeral that Thomas Jefferson, who partook in “pedophilia,” would also be considered unpatriotic these days because he wrote, “God would punish America for the sin of slavery.” He also quoted Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who said that the U.S. has a “congenital birth defect.”

Speaking of the seven lessons Pincham taught him, Wright said the judge’s faith “was not the jingoistic, chauvinistic ‘you’re either with us or against us’ demonizing kind of faith.”

“FOX News can’t understand that,” Wright said to rousing cheers and applause. “[Bill] O’Reilly will never get that. Sean Hannity’s stupid fantasy will keep him forever stuck on stupid when it comes to comprehending how you can love a brother who does not believe what you believe. [Pincham’s] faith was a faith in a God who loved the whole world not just one country or one creed.”

Click here to hear Rev. Wright’s sermon.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/13/jeremiah-wright-sounds-off-at-eulogogy-for-chicago-judge/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.