April 25, 2024, 02:13:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Angelica-Leslie, 1-30-08 -abandoned- Toronto, Canada  (Read 3480 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 23, 2008, 10:33:58 AM »

This is unreal...just look at the clothing left behind with this baby. SOMEONE cared at some point for this baby. These are not dirtbag items!
Just look at this!!! WTF!!????
What a beautiful child. I hope she has a good life now.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase954.html

Photos and even a video of the car/person who is believed to have left this beautiful baby in the parking garage stairwell.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 03:24:11 PM »

WHY would anyone leave a baby who was previously well cared for, in a stairwell in the winter in Toronto? Thank God she didn't freeze to death. She looks so sad and confused in those photos. I'd love to take her. What a precious baby.
She deserved so much better. Why not just give the baby up through the correct channels? Anything could have happened to her, by leaving her all alone like that.
It's just heartbreaking.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:00:22 PM »

Parents of abandoned baby Angelica Leslie arrested
Last Updated: Thursday, May 22, 2008 | 7:22 PM ET
CBC News
Toronto police have arrested a 30-year-old couple and charged them with abandoning their baby girl in a freezing parking lot in north Toronto in January.

The couple — the parents of the little girl who has come to be known as Angelica Leslie — were arrested Wednesday night in Kitchener, west of Toronto.

"One of the tips that came in led us to investigate a couple that, at the time, lived in the North York area. We were able to find them in Kitchener and as a result, last night, we arrested a male and a female — both of them 30 years of age. They're married, and we've charged them with four charges under the Criminal Code.
(snipped)
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2008/05/22/angelica-leslie.html?ref=rss

Abandoned Ontario baby Angelica-Leslie has Three Siblings, Parents in Custody

Posted on May 24, 2008 by momentsintime
The Ontario parents that abandoned Angelica-Leslie in January have three other children, it’s been revealed. The 30-year-old parents are now in custody charged with child neglect and assault.

The couple have been married for 6 years and are unemployed. They had moved to Kitchener, Ont. last month.

The three young siblings of the little girl dubbed Angelica-Leslie are now in the custody of Children’s Aid Society.

The couple have not been forthcoming about any information on the infant found in a cold stairwell this January. It is believed that she was about eight months old when she was abandoned on one of the coldest days of the year.

The child is, however, in a foster home and is thriving, CAS spokeswoman Melanie Persaud said. “Her foster mom describes her as the perfect 91/2-month-old. She has a healthy appetite, she eats well, she sleeps well, she’s talkative, she’s babbling, she is mobile.”

After a court appearance on Thursday the couple was remanded in custody until their next court date next Thursday.

The mother appears to be pregnant. The father understood the charges, while the mother appeared confused.

It is now alleged that the father was the one driving the car that was seen in video footage when the infant was dropped off at a stairwell on Leslie Ave.

http://timeinmoments.wordpress.com/2008/05/24/abandoned-ontario-baby-angelica-leslie-has-three-siblings-parents-in-custody/

Woman in baby Angelica-Leslie case granted bail
 Husband remains in jail after brief hearing

Jun 06, 2008 04:29 PM
Nick Kyonka
Staff Reporter
The woman charged in the abandonment of baby Angelica-Leslie was granted a conditional bail while her husband was remanded in custody on Friday.

Appearing separately before Justice Frederic Campling at the 1000 Finch Ave. W. courthouse, the couple had markedly different bail hearings.

While the husband's was short and it was determined he would not be released bail at this time, the woman's lengthy hearing concluded in her being set free temporarily.

The woman was released with a $10,000 recognisance.

Additional conditions on her release include stipulations about where she must live. Additionally, she must report to either Toronto or Waterloo Regional police once a week.

She's also required to deliver any passports, visas or travel documents in her possession to Waterloo Regional police by early next week.

Absent from the ruling was any restriction on visiting her husband who is also her co-accused.

The judge also did not apply any restrictions on seeing her other children.

Both will appear again in the same courthouse on June 20, where he will appear by a video link and she will appear in person.
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/438862

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:59 PM »

THANKS MUFFY!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.