April 30, 2024, 06:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #745 3/25 - 4/4/08  (Read 304346 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2008, 10:15:32 AM »

I ask,

How can we let Aruba get away with a state sanctioned murder? how???????? how can we allow this to happen?

Why has the FBI remained silent? In my opinion - they are complicit. Not so much as a peep. Why? I don't buy they are working behind the scenes. They now what everyone knows. Joran and his Father are guilty but do nothing... and they piss me off!!!

confessions out the yeng yang and still nothing.

Have we as human beings been reduced to nothing more than carbon and collective molecules? I still think - therefore I still AM.

I guess the FBI only worries about prostitutes, bilking, pyramid schemes, political vendettas and the such. Forget about REAL Law Enforcement. Where is Art Wood's EXTRADITION?

I better step back from this machine. to quote San...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »

I still remember the old days when the FBI wanted to dig up Giants Stadium for a mob associate. One James Hoffa. Hardly a sweet little girl that needs the full weight of the US Government.

I sometimes think if you are not a mobster or an Al Qaida sympathizer you can forget about attracting the attention of the FBI. Al Qaida is obviously a huge threat... but what about the common citizen? doesn't Natalee matter? She does to me.

The dummies at the FBI didn't even know about Paul Brough until posters alerted them. And they seem asleep at the switch.

>>>seriously stepping back now

+++

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »

I ask,

How can we let Aruba get away with a state sanctioned murder? how???????? how can we allow this to happen?

Why has the FBI remained silent? In my opinion - they are complicit. Not so much as a peep. Why? I don't buy they are working behind the scenes.[/i] They now what everyone knows. Joran and his Father are guilty but do nothing... and they piss me off!!!

Have we as human beings been reduced to nothing more than carbon and collective molecules? I still think - therefore I still AM.

I guess the FBI only worries about prostitutes, bilking, pyramid schemes, political vendettas and the such. Forget about REAL Law Enforcement. Where is Art Wood's EXTRADITION?

Good Morning Rob...'I don't buy working behind the scenes! Neither do I!!! And I sure as heck hope we are wrong!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »

I ask,

Why has the FBI remained silent? In my opinion - they are complicit. Not so much as a peep. Why? I don't buy they are working behind the scenes.[/i] They now what everyone knows. Joran and his Father are guilty but do nothing... and they piss me off!!!

Good Morning Rob...'I don't buy working behind the scenes! Neither do I!!! And I sure as heck hope we are wrong!

Morning Mum,

Let's look at their record. No idea where Tara Grinsted is...no clue where Jenn Kesse is...no notion where Paige Birgfeld is. No desire to find Trenton Duckett...I could go on and on...

if the corpse doesn't fall in their laps they do nothing. We'll be here in five years still waiting for the FBI to act. We're only fooling ourselves believing that the FBI is going to act. Three years almost... and we have seen nothing from that agency.

+++

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »

Rob...you reminded me of a post I made in the Shango thread yesterday. Do you recall anything about this? The protected witness, I mean?...TIA

Reply #158 on: March 26, 2008, 08:42:52 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find something new every time I read that book translation...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1097.0

P332

Also, an FBI "protected witness", an American called "Mr X", meets Deepak in July 2005 in the Internet café wehre Deepak works.

Deepak tells X: “I see what’s going on and I know much more. I’m certain that Natalee is no longer on the island.” He also says something that contradicts that: “When they find the duct-tape with Natalee’s hair on it, then I’ll go to jail", which is strange because they did find hair with duct tape but it wasn't Natalee's.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »

Here's my idea

A network of multi-million dollar satellites that orbit the Earth, similar to Britain's CCTV system, that monitors the entire USA and other areas of interest. All video is then stored in a central database for future reference when the need arises.

We then zero in on the appropriate area and time frame to see who committed the crime and the possible cars used.

ohhhhhh wait - we already have that. 

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2008, 10:51:29 AM »

Rob...you reminded me of a post I made in the Shango thread yesterday. Do you recall anything about this? The protected witness, I mean?...TIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P332

Also, an FBI "protected witness", an American called "Mr X", meets Deepak in July 2005 in the Internet café wehre Deepak works.

Deepak tells X: “I see what’s going on and I know much more. I’m certain that Natalee is no longer on the island.” He also says something that contradicts that: “When they find the duct-tape with Natalee’s hair on it, then I’ll go to jail", which is strange because they did find hair with duct tape but it wasn't Natalee's.

I'm sorry Mum, I have no idea... maybe some other brilliant monk does.

I can guess...

Fabric that looks like Natalee's top washes up... along with duct tape...and big holes in fish trap.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2008, 10:56:18 AM »

If I assume for a second that Joraaan told the truth with Patrick and he waded Natalee out or "Daury" took her in a boat - doesn't that make it all the more likely that is indeed Natalee's top????

+++

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »

Well I read every Aruban newspaper today and nothing of interest at all. One thing is clear and that is every American tourist in the paper looks like a fat,ignorant lowlife,reject or elderly that looked the other way to get a cheap timeshare in warm weather. The kind of scum that should not be welcomed back in the U.S.A for turning there back on one of there own! Makes me want to puke! I sure hope that a active American Boycott of Aruba will start because they aren't doing anything except sprinkling more BS on top of the cover up in hopes this all goes away.

The Aruban Govt probably is paying Joran's expenses in Germany to keep his mouth shut,Paul Van Der Sloot is still being fed cases and still on the Govt Committees. The case was closed in 2005 as they had no intention of ever going to trial or investigating anything further as it was already solved. It's been one big Dog and Pony show ever since. So many times they are caught lying and covering up Natalee's Murder,so if they don't ever say anything again and no one is allowed to talk about it,they think it will all go away.

The Dutch have had this case since August 2006 and have done jack sh@* except appoint Hans Mos to keep the case closed and BS the world into thinking they were actually investigating. WTF are the Dutch doing? Take a good look at the people that lied and covered up Natalee's rape and murder because most of them were appointed by the Dutch Government. It's quite clear all they care about is there precious Tourism and they will lie,cheat,steal and kill to protect it and the dirty corrupt individuals that run the tiny little island.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »

now the Moomba website has been hacked, lol 

http://moombabeach.com/

is the hacker leaving an email address for comments?  is there a clue about why this is being done?
dennisintn

Just thinking out aloud...They could bring Aruba to it's knees...Oh MY!...Did I really say that....Have a great evening everyone!

Happy Birthday Bearlyhere!

Moombas (between HI and Mariott) is/was run by Mike and Marlene (son Mark, I believe) Presner. (wonder if it should be posner?.)Pictures in some of the old brag news of their chamber news, etc.  It was, anyway. He (could be wife) used to and may still, blog on BFN and seemed to have protection status there.  It may have been they were trying in their own way to glean info from him, but a few there were convinced he/she was a friend, it seems.  I knew/know better. As I tried to say, some you think you have a foot in their door when they have a foot in your.  LOL   Jackb
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »

Zorgen Bijleveld om corruptie

PHILIPSBURG — De Nederlandse staatssecretaris van Koninkrijksrelaties Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (CDA) maakt zich zorgen om het gebrek aan structuur op St. Maarten, waardoor corruptie mogelijk wordt. (Amigoe)

state secretary kingdom affairs Bijleveld worries about the lack of structure which enables corruption on St. Maarten.

The pie is devided up there, from what I read long ago.  French views on one part of island and the other half, a mixed review.  j/b
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2008, 12:02:55 PM »

P332

This was not analyzed properly in Aruba and they send switched samples to the FBI would be my bet.   j/b
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2008, 12:07:13 PM »

Buckeye well said. All of us with daughters worry about the predators we discuss here. At least 3 of them have names and faces for all of us to keep an eye on forever!

It might be a good idea for them to watch their own "daughters" as the bloggers have pictures, names and addresses of ALL of them.  J/b
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »

<snipped>

And I would like to add that I also believe that the people that helped with keeping things a secret should also be held accountable for their actions (even if they didn't do anything that specific night...

GBMW ... I believe that the chain of command is the reason that the whole truth will never be revealed by Aruba.  This chain that has denied Natalee Holloway justice is far reaching.  It implies the implication of not just Joran, Deepak and Satish but ... Paulus ... Paulus' family/personal/professional connections in the Aruban and Dutch administrations who were involved or aware of the coverup ... the sons of the elite (pimps) who participated or were aware of the "something bad" that happened to Natalee Holloway and ... the judiciary who time after time after time ruled in favor of the suspects.

The truth would also expose Aruba's underground economy of organized crime ... gambling ... drugs ... sex trade ... money laundering ...

I suspect that when Joran was detained in December ... he was informed by Hans Mos in regards to the forthcoming fifth segment of the Devries video recording and ... related a collaborated story to Patrick vander Eem that would identify only him as the last person with Natalee Holloway ... related a story that would make him the sacrificial lamb ... the sacrificial lamb who had assurance by the prosecutor's office that he would not be held legally accountable.

The objective ... the appeasement of a mother who refused to be silent until answers were forthcoming in regards to what happened to her precious daughter.

Think about it ... Paulus would be distanced from implication and ... the Kalpoes who had the ability to implicate Paulus would be distanced and ... the sons of the elite (pimps) who had the ability to implicate Paulus would be distance  and ... those in the Dutch/Aruban administration who had the ability to implicate Paulus would be distanced and ... those in the judiciary who had the ability to implicate Paulus would be distanced.

I firmly believe that considering Joran's age at the time of the "incident" ... he would have been the "sacrificial lamb" from the getgo if Aruban had anticipated a mother by the name of Beth Holloway Twitty ... a mother whose voice would not and will not be silenced until she receives the answers regarding her beloved Natalee.

Janet

++++++++++++++

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/02/arubans_wary_of_fifth_car_trip.php
Arubans wary of fifth car trip in Holloway case
Monday 25 February 2008

Dutch tv crime reporter Peter R de Vries set up a fifth car trip to try and get Joran van der Sloot to confess to murdering US teenager Natalee Holloway after the Aruban public prosecution department said the original four recordings did not contain enough evidence, the Volkskrant reported on Saturday.

Aruban officials told De Vries and his team at a secret hotel meeting that the tapes did not contain enough new evidence, the paper says in a reconstruction of events surrounding the tv programme which claimed to solve the mystery of her disappearance.

Aruban public prosecutor Hans Mos told the paper he did not want to have anything to do with the extra car trip because he was afraid it could be construed as entrapment and blow the case.

The final car trip with Van der Sloot and his 'friend' Patrick van der Eem took place on January 29 in a borrowed car which had been hastily kitted out with recording equipment, the paper said. The original had already been sold.

During that trip, Van der Sloot said he was not sure if Natalee had been dead when a friend dumped her body at sea.

After the press release was issued claiming the case had been solved but without giving any further details, De Vries told the paper he hoped that Van der Sloot would again phone his 'friend'.

But website VKMag picked up a page on De Vries' website which identified Van der Sloot. The page had been prepared for release after the programme was aired on Sunday but had gone live by mistake.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »

This sound familiar? Sounds just like Aruba except they didn't have a well connected Paul Van Der sloot that knew from the very beginning.."No Corpse No Case"
----------------------------------

Men Questioned in Tourist Death in India

Mar 9, 1:49 PM (ET)

PANAJI, India (AP) - Police questioned three men Sunday in an investigation into the death of a 15-year-old British girl whose body was found on a beach in southern India, officials said.

There were unconfirmed reports later Sunday from the Press Trust of India news agency that a man had been formally arrested. It was unclear whether he was one of those already questioned and police did not say what charges he was facing.

Scarlett Keeling was seen with a group of local men at a bar on the night she died, three of whom were held for questioning by the authorities earlier in the day, police official Bosco George said.

.Her partially clothed and bruised body was found Feb. 18 on Anjuna beach in Goa, a tiny state with a coastline crowded with tourists and resorts. Police initially believed she accidentally drowned because she was drunk, but her family accused the police of a cover-up and pushed for a second autopsy and further investigation.

The second autopsy also showed that she had drowned, officials said, but doctors identified more bruises on her body and recommended that police investigate the death as a murder. The family also believes that Keeling may have been sexually assaulted.

"It was our main objective to get the police or somebody to admit that she'd been murdered, as I knew in my heart that she had been," Fiona MacKeown, Keeling's mother, told British Broadcasting Corp. television. "I'm convinced that they were covering it up."George, the police official, said he would conduct an internal inquiry into the investigation.

Keeling was on vacation in India with her mother, her mother's boyfriend, and her five siblings. Keeling's family was traveling elsewhere in India when she was killed.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080309/D8VA27FG0.html
--------------------------------------
Briton ‘witnessed sex attack on Scarlett Keeling’

Jeremy Page, South Asia Correspondent

A British man has told The Times that he saw an Indian barman apparently sexually assaulting Scarlett Keeling less than two hours before the
15-year-old British girl’s half-naked body was found on a beach in Goa.

The witness, who asked not to be identified, said that the attack took place after Scarlett left Lui’s bar on Anjuna Beach high on a cocktail of LSD, Ecstasy and cocaine at 5am on February 18.

Police confirmed she had been murdered only after a campaign by her mother, Fiona MacKeown, who refused to accept that her daughter had drowned. The case exposed the seedy side of Goa, one of India’s leading tourist destinations, and compounded fears about the safety of foreign women in India.

The witness said that he fled Goa because he believed that his life was in danger from the alleged assailant and the local police, who have been accused by Scarlett’s mother of covering up her rape and murder.

(snip)

His account of Scarlett’s final hours came as police in Goa announced that they had arrested Samson D’Souza, a barman at Lui’s, on suspicion of raping her.

Inspector Kishin Kumar, of the Goan police, said: “Although the sex may or may not have happened with consent,
since the girl was a minor a case of rape has been recorded. More arrests and detentions are likely soon.” Police said that they had detained two other Indian men for questioning, including Luis Coutinho, the owner of Lui’s. They are searching for four others.

The detentions followed a second postmortem examination on Saturday which showed that Scarlett had been murdered and had 50 bruises and abrasions on her body. The original postmortem noted only five bruises and concluded that she had drowned. Fiona MacKeown, Scarlett’s mother, had refused to accept that and accused police of covering up her rape and murder. “It was our main objective to get the police . . . to admit that she’d been murdered, as I knew in my heart that she had been,” Mrs MacKeown said yesterday.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3517075.ece

-------------------------------------------------------------
Three detained over Scarlett Keeling murder

By Pamela Timms in Goa and Robyn Powell
Last Updated: 6:20pm GMT 09/03/2008

Indian police have detained three men in connection with the murder of Scarlett Keeling, 15, who was found dead on an Indian beach last month.

Scarlett Keeling lived her with her mother and siblings in a smallholding in Devon

The Indian men are likely to be formally arrested, police official Bosco George said. The owner of a café on Anjuna beach where Keeling was last seen partying, was reportedly among those detained.

It is believed police are also searching for four more men in relation to the attack.

An officer who did not want to be named said: "We have pinned them down because they are always loitering around in the beach belt and their conduct was suspicious. They became friendly to her during her three-month stay."

A murder investigation was launched when a second post-mortem examination on the teenager, indicated she had been brutally assaulted. Police in Goa, where she had been on holiday with her family, had earlier said they thought she had drowned.

Her mother, Fiona MacKeown, who has spent recent weeks campaigning for the death to be re-investigated, told The Sunday Telegraph: "I'm just relieved that we've achieved this first objective.

"It's a strange feeling now, though, to come to terms with the fact that Scarlett was actually murdered. I know there's a huge procedure ahead of us to get the case solved.

"The hardest thing for me now is to try and put faith in the police officers who looked me in the eye and lied about my daughter's death.

"I'm now hoping to take Scarlett home and bury her on our land with a beautiful ceremony."

Scarlett, who with her mother and siblings in a smallholding in Devon, arrived in Goa back in November, embracing the island's party lifestyle. She was last seen alive at a bar called Lui's on Feb 18, where she was said to be in the company of several men.

Her corpse was found on the beach only yards away, her shorts and underwear having been removed and her bra-top pushed up around her neck.

The first post-mortem examination recorded only five bruises on her body. The second found 50, and injuries to her genital regions.

"They [the police] have caused us a huge traumatic experience," said Mrs MacKeown. "They have behaved like criminals."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/09/windia209.xml
---------------------------------------------
A 28-year-old man arrested by police in India in connection with the rape and murder of British teenager Scarlett Keeling.
Inspector Kishan Kumar, of Goa police, said local man Samson D'Souza was detained after witnesses came forward.

They allege they saw him raping the 15-year-old from Devon on the beach at the resort of Anjuna on February 18.

"This man was seen with the girl near to where her dead body was found. It was evidently clear this man was raping her," he said.

"We have sufficient evidence to show this man was having sex with the girl in the early hours of February 18.

"We have established that he was raping her."
The police official added that Indian officers were now working on a murder investigation.

"This part of the investigation is still going on," he said.

For almost three weeks, local police had insisted the teenager, who was found semi-naked on a beach, had drowned after drinking.

But the results of a second post-mortem confirmed her death should be investigated as murder.

"This (arrest) has been an indication that the huge pressure Scarlett's mother has brought to bear on the Indian police is apparently beginning to pay dividends," said
She added that a local guide whom Scarlett became friendly with - but who has strenuously denied any involvement in her death - had also been quizzed by detectives.

Scarlett's mother has told Sky News she had "mixed emotions" about the fact that the death is now being treated as murder.

Fiona MacKeown has had to battle to find out what happened, refusing to accept the official police line that there were no signs of a violent attack.

She took photographs of her daughter's body at the morgue which showed at least 50 marks or bruising - the initial examination claimed there were only five marks.

She also recorded extensive bruising to the genital area.

"I am hugely relieved as we have got past the first hurdle to prove it was murder," she said.

"I feel kind of empty and flat but relieved as well, it's a funny mix of feelings."

Fiona Mackeown: 'Mixed feelings'
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1308580,00.html
------------------------------------------------
(CNN) -- The mother of a British girl found dead in Goa last month is facing police questions about negligence, her lawyer said Tuesday.

Scarlett had been on an extended vacation with her family, and was living with a male friend and his aunts while the rest of the family traveled to an adjoining Indian state.

Police arrested a bartender over the weekend in the case, which they are treating as a rape and murder.

Varma said that any questions about negligence by the mother were unfounded. He said MacKeown trusted the friend's family to take care of her daughter.

"She had left Scarlett in the care of two aunts," he said. "They had assured Fiona that they would look after her child. They were in touch with her four times a day."

The lawyer added: "I don't see the legal strength in such a line of questioning."

MacKeown believes the questions about negligence are a "diversion tactic" to turn attention away from what she considers a corrupt police investigation, the mother's spokeswoman, Dakini Runningbear, told CNN.

She also criticized police for initially saying her daughter drowned despite clues that pointed to homicide. She demanded a second autopsy, after which police changed the cause of death.

Varma said the police investigation had been "nothing but murky."

"The place where this crime has happened, it's a small village, and when a crime happens all the people know about it," Varma said.

"But it took three weeks for a police officer to change this crime from death due to drowning in the sea to rape and

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/india.tourist/?iref=mpstoryview
-----------------------------------------
Minister: Teen's Goa murder covered up

NEW DELHI, India -- Police covered up the murder of a British teenage girl in Goa last month to protect the tourist industry, a state minister and local media said Monday.

"This is a clear case of murder and it has gone out of proportion because the police tried to cover it up," Francisco X. Pacheco, Goa's Tourism Minister told Reuters.com.

Indian media suggested the cover-up was an attempt to protect Goa's tourism industry.

"They should have arrested this man a long time ago and this issue would have got diluted, but now because of the tainted image of some police officers in the case, things have gone out of hand," Pacheco said.

"We've had an awful lot of contact with people that have been in this situation before, and they've warned us to be careful (that) the police will try and find someone immediately to try and put a front on it that they're actually doing something," Fiona MacKeown told BBC radio on Monday.

Kumar described D'Souza as a "local Anjuna boy" who was a bartender at Liu's, a beachfront bar. He said police had confirmed D'Souza's role in Keeling's rape and were now trying to find evidence that he killed the teenager.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/10/india.tourist/index.html
-------------------------------------------
Scarlett's mother accused the police of a cover-up

Dozens of journalists have descended on a corner of India to follow the investigation into the murder of British teenager Scarlett Keeling, as many questions about her death remain unanswered.
On a sunny morning, the media scrum outside the handsome, brown-tiled building that houses the Goa police's "special juvenile unit" in the capital, Panaji, was frenziedly speculating about why Fiona MacKeown had been summoned there.

On Friday night, two constables had knocked on Ms MacKeown's door and handed a summons to her to appear next morning at the unit's offices in connection with the rape and murder of her 15-year-old daughter.

Scarlett was drugged and left for dead on a beach in Goa last month, after being left by her mother in the care of a 25-year-old tour guide that she had befriended in the resort of Anjuna. Two men have been arrested.

Her mother and her six other children had travelled to the neighbouring state of Karnataka.

The summons sparked speculation that she would be questioned about allegations of failing to provide a safe environment for Scarlett under Goa's five-year-old Children's Act which claims to "promote and protect the best interests of children" in the state.

After 105 minutes inside the police unit, Ms MacKeown walked out with her lawyer to tell the scrum that she had just given a statement - recorded on a video camera - about what she knew about the case.

"There was no suggestion that they are investigating me. I told them what had happened, and the police are treating me as a witness," she said.

"They [the police] were not aggressive with me... but that doesn't rule out the fact that I feel intimidated and harassed by this whole process," she said.

Minutes later, Bosco George, the police superintendent investigating the case, came out and the media scrum moved to him.

"We asked whether she can help us, give us some leads [to the investigation]," a calm Supt George said.

Distressed

In response to the BBC's question whether Ms MacKeown was co-operating with police, Supt George smiled and mopped the sweat on his brow.

"The fact that she has arrived here is co-operation, isn't it," he said wryly.

When Ms MacKeown had arrived at the police unit in the morning, she looked shaken and distressed.

"I don't know what they will ask me. They are just harassing me," she said, adding that she had been already questioned once early during the investigation.

"The police have lied to me. They have told me Scarlett's body was found floating in the sea, that she was wearing swimwear, that her body had no bruise or struggle marks.

"They have cajoled and convinced me that it is a simple case of drowning and I must take her body back home quickly."

She distributed photocopies of seven pages of various letters and statements which she said supported her allegations.

One of the documents was a Goa police "first information report" dated 9 March on Scarlett's death, that mistakenly said Ms MacKeown's father's name was "Mr Sukumar Desarkar", a very Indian name. Supt George conceded that was an error.

A statement by Ms MacKeown alleged she had information that the "drugs mafia" in Goa had a "strong nexus" with a senior Goa minister and a police official.

But Supt George denied allegations there was a police conspiracy to hush up the investigations.

"Wild allegations...what is this police conspiracy?" he said. "Let the courts give its verdict on the quality of investigation. Let the courts decide whether it was shoddy or not."
Speculation

The police have admitted that there have been "serious lapses" in investigation and suspended a policeman who was initially investigating the case. They have denied charges of a cover-up.
At the end of it all, the thinning scrum covering Goa's biggest story this year speculated for the last time.

Why did the police call Ms MacKeown to a juvenile unit of the department for a statement? Had they initially planned on questioning her on "neglecting" her child, and later changed their mind? If so, why?

There are still many unanswered questions in the Scarlett Keeling case.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7298093.stm
-------------------------------

NCW to prepare report on Scarlettes death

PTI

New Delhi, March 26

The National Commission for Women today said it will independently prepare a report on the death of British teenager, Scarlette Eden Keeling in Goa last month and voiced concern over the state of her mother who is fighting her battle all alone.

A two-member team is set to leave for Goa, NCW member, Ms Nirmala Venkatesh, who will be heading it, said here.

We will independently prepare a report and find out if there is anything that is missing. Police are doing their job but our report would further help the probe, she said.

Ms Venkatesh said, “We are concerned about the state of her mother Fiona MacKeown. She is fighting her battle alone. She needs support in an unknown place.

Fiona also fears a threat to her life. We will find out and try to put the pieces together in our capacity. We want the guilty should be punished, she said.

A number of female tourists keep visiting India and we want them to feel safe and have complete faith in the Indian system. Our support would ensure them that we all are with them. They are not fighting alone, she said.

Scarlette was allegedly drugged, raped and left to die on the popular Anjuna beach last month. Ms MacKeown had sought a CBI inquiry into her death and alleged cover-up by the police.

Under pressure on the credibility of police probe, the Goa Chief Minister, Mr Digambar Kamat had said yesterday that the state government was willing to hand over the case to the CBI.

http://www.navhindtimes.com/articles.php?Story_ID=032738
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:24:36 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »

Well I read every Aruban newspaper today and nothing of interest at all. One thing is clear and that is every American tourist in the paper looks like a fat,ignorant lowlife,reject or elderly that looked the other way to get a cheap timeshare in warm weather. The kind of scum that should not be welcomed back in the U.S.A for turning there back on one of there own! Makes me want to puke! I sure hope that a active American Boycott of Aruba will start because they aren't doing anything except sprinkling more BS on top of the cover up in hopes this all goes away.

The Aruban Govt probably is paying Joran's expenses in Germany to keep his mouth shut,Paul Van Der Sloot is still being fed cases and still on the Govt Committees. The case was closed in 2005 as they had no intention of ever going to trial or investigating anything further as it was already solved. It's been one big Dog and Pony show ever since. So many times they are caught lying and covering up Natalee's Murder,so if they don't ever say anything again and no one is allowed to talk about it,they think it will all go away.

The Dutch have had this case since August 2006 and have done jack sh@* except appoint Hans Mos to keep the case closed and BS the world into thinking they were actually investigating. WTF are the Dutch doing? Take a good look at the people that lied and covered up Natalee's rape and murder because most of them were appointed by the Dutch Government. It's quite clear all they care about is there precious Tourism and they will lie,cheat,steal and kill to protect it and the dirty corrupt individuals that run the tiny little island.

The story of Natalee Holloway in a nutshell.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »

now the Moomba website has been hacked, lol 

http://moombabeach.com/

is the hacker leaving an email address for comments?  is there a clue about why this is being done?
dennisintn

Just thinking out aloud...They could bring Aruba to it's knees...Oh MY!...Did I really say that....Have a great evening everyone!

Happy Birthday Bearlyhere!

Moombas (between HI and Mariott) is/was run by Mike and Marlene (son Mark, I believe) Presner. (wonder if it should be posner?.)Pictures in some of the old brag news of their chamber news, etc.  It was, anyway. He (could be wife) used to and may still, blog on BFN and seemed to have protection status there.  It may have been they were trying in their own way to glean info from him, but a few there were convinced he/she was a friend, it seems.  I knew/know better. As I tried to say, some you think you have a foot in their door when they have a foot in your.  LOL   Jackb

From what I heard it was MIP6 (the Moomba bunch.)  The way he took a dislike to me, and the villians usually do, I am very inclined to believe it was the Moomba bunch.
They played like "friends" of some blogs to see what they knew and either the blog dudes/dudettes fell for it or thought they had their foot in those doors there.  It was obvious the MIP6 bunch had a much longer experience of disinformation than the pro H/T camp.    j/b
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »

Here's my idea

A network of multi-million dollar satellites that orbit the Earth, similar to Britain's CCTV system, that monitors the entire USA and other areas of interest. All video is then stored in a central database for future reference when the need arises.

We then zero in on the appropriate area and time frame to see who committed the crime and the possible cars used.

ohhhhhh wait - we already have that. 

We should and probably have been seeing some pictures from there and don't even realize where they come from.  j/b
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

Guys, I have never seen the news coming this slow before or the forums posting this few pages. Is there anything going on or is this case actually closed?
My personal opinion is Mos has closed the case and he will do nothing more. Afterall, he has released all three as suspects.

Hans Mos made it clear following the court's decision not to detain Joran in regards to his words in the Devries' video recording that ... Joran was "once again" declared a suspect in the Natalee Holloway case.

Janet 
++++++++++++

February 15, 2008

Court of Appeal upholds lower judge’s decision not to detain J.v.d.S.

J.v.d.S remains prime suspect
Judicial investigation continues

The Court of Appeal announced by the end of yesterday, February 14th, 2008, its decision to uphold the refusal by the investigating judge to order pre-trial detention of J.v.d.S. in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Office of the Public Prosecutor had requested such an order after the “Peter R de Vries-tapes” had been received by the Office and had been evaluated. Last week the Office appealed the ruling of refusal by the judge.

The reasons underlying the Court’s decision are the following. The Court has seen the visual materials, has listened to the audio materials and has inspected the verbatim reports. Based on that, the Court is of the opinion that there is a lack of sufficient facts and circumstances substantiating serious grounds for the suspicion of the suspect’s involvement in the crimes for which he is being held responsible by the prosecution. The Court will generally be a bit more hesitant when it has to decide on a new request for pre-trial detention of a suspect, when that same suspect has been detained repeatedly before and there has been a considerable lapse of time.

J.v.d.S. has given extensive and detailed statements in Patrick van der Eem’s car, the undercover citizen who worked for Peter R. de Vries, on what happened during the night of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Nevertheless the Court sees various reasons not to accept the serious grounds of suspicion which are statutorily required for pre-trial detention. One of them is the history of contradictory statements by J.v.d.S., which were belied repeatedly by objective findings.

At this moment those parts of the statements made in Van der Eem’s car which contain new elements are not being underpinned by objective findings. Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the “car-statements.”

On the pre-trial detention issue the Code of criminal procedure does not provide for further appeals. The effect of the Court decision is that J.v.d.S. cannot be (re)arrested. The investigation of the Natalee Holloway case continues. J.v.d.S. is again the prime suspect.

At the end of the investigation the Office of the Public Prosecution will decide whether to charge or not

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2605.msg350819#msg350819

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »

Considering the interrogation questions presented to Jug and Beth Twitty on May 31, 2005 ... maybe the Court which disregarded Joran's words on the Devries video recording concerning the "shaking of Natalee Holloway" ... should have read Joran's missing May 31, 2005 statement.

Also ... I assume that Freddie's statement regarding this issue which Joran refers to in his book was overlooked.

Both these statements would have corroborated Joran's words which were related to Patrick vander Eem.

Janet

+++++++++++

http://www.amigoe.com/english/   02/15/2008

No custody for Van der Sloot

ORANJESTAD – After the Public Prosecutor appealed the decision of the examining magistrate not to detain Joran van der Sloot, the Common Court of Justice of the Neth.Antilles and Aruba announced yesterday evening that Joran van der Sloot will not be arrested again in the Holloway-case.   

After having examined the possible slanderous image- and sound recording in secret by the editorial office of the Dutch crime journalist Peter R. de Vries, the Court says that there is not enough material to charge him.   The Court can in any case not really answer the question whether based on that, the suspect must be taken into preventive custody.  The decision also includes the situation that the suspect had given several inconsistent declarations, ‘whereby it also appeared more than once that these declarations could not be objectively confirmed’.    What also played a part is the statement of Van der Sloot about having made up everything he had said in De Vries’ programme.   The Court does not rule out the fact that the suspect has a ‘serious personality problem’. 

“The Court questioned the verity of this statement, while we could have arrested him for a third time”, explained district attorney Dop Kruimel.  Some of the things he said were partly consistent with justice’s own investigation.  Others were not though, like the boat he mentioned; that has not been found yet.”

The OM has no statutory remedies left against the decision.  The investigation in the Holloway-case will continue with 25 detectives working on it and Van der Sloot remains the suspect.  The OM will decide on further prosecution of Van der Sloot after they are done with the investigation.   

According to his lawyer Bert De Rooij, “Joran van der Sloot is not well off.  He is in hiding and is constantly being threatened.  Whether that is in the Netherlands or in Aruba, is not known.  The lawyer said that he is not hiding for the police, but for the people’s tribunal.  He has serious reasons to believe that he won’t make it across the street if we let him go free.” 

Crime journalist Peter R. de Vries is of the opinion that by not arresting Joran van der Sloot, he is being rewarded for undermining the police investigation.  He also does not understand that the Court does not want to arrest him because the Court is under the impression that Joran is a consistent liar.  “The fact that a person constantly lies in a case of life and death, is precisely a motive to keep him/her locked behind bars.” 

INFORMANT

The police have not told the Aruban authorities that Patrick van der Eem had come forward with the indication that Joran van der Sloot would perhaps talk to him about the Holloway-case.  That’s what Justice-minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin told the Lower House on Thursday.  Van der Eem, who was used by Peter R. de Vries as informant, reported to the Gelderland-Midden police last fall.  The police didn’t work with him, because he made a condition that was against the rules.   In connection with the privacy of Van der Eem and the sensitivity of the information, Hirsch Ballin didn’t go into this condition.  The police also did not inform the Public Prosecutor.  The minister indicated that it is part of the existing work arrangements.  Besides, the OM would have most probably not accepted the man’s conditions, said the minister.

Joran van der Sloot
ABC NEWS
February 3, 2008

In one taped conversation, van der Sloot told van der Eem that Holloway visibly convulsed "like a movie," that she was shaking "a lot."

"Did you try CPR on her?" asked van der Eem.

"Of course, I tried everything," van der Sloot said. "I tried to shake her. I was shaking the bitch. I was like, 'What is wrong with you man?' I almost wanted to cry. Why does this s*** have to happen to me?"

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=4222253&page

Beth Twitty
CNN LARRY KING LIVE
February 8, 2008

HOLLOWAY: Well, Larry, I think that a lot of people have kind of stepped into this tangled web, into Joran's web, well into this journey, and we -- we have a lot of thing that were transpiring early on in the island of Aruba, within the first 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance, and had a stunning revelation when I was watching the taped admissions of Joran to Patrick. And, when he imitates how Natalee was suffering through the seizures, well, Larry, within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance on the island of Aruba, a lead detective, Dennis Jacobs (ph), first and only medical question he asked me was, does Natalee have a history of epilepsy or seizures. And I said, no, why would you ask that?

And he only asked me that once, and from there forward, three other detectives asked Natalee's step father probably a dozen times
, Larry. Jug had to come to me six times and ask me if Natalee had a history of epilepsy or seizure. And I kept saying no, why do you keep asking us that? Why? So, it brought it full circle for us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/07/lkl.01.html

John Kelly
On the Record w/ Greta
February 20, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Twi7-8OqS4

KELLY:  Let me throw one more thing in on that Greta.  On May 31st, Joran was the first person interviewed by Jacobs when he's taking statements. Every police report subsequent to that, the statements made by Deepak, made by Satish, made by Beth that day, we have them all, there is no statement from Joran until June 9th.
Unofficial Transcript

Joran van der Sloot
De Zaak Natalee Holloway
Page 161

After Freddy's second statement on June 13th at 18:30, in which he keeps insisting that I told him the first story already on May 30th, the police confront us as best friends with each other.  Some further statements follow after that.  In the end Freddy states in his 6th and 7th statements that I have told him that Natalee went unconscious several times and did not regain consciousness at a certain moment, that I tried to wake her up by shaking her but that but this also did not work.
Unofficial Engish translation

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.