April 24, 2024, 04:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Mother's Plea For Justice In Barbour County, AL  (Read 5753 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 26, 2008, 06:38:04 PM »

Mother's Plea For Justice In Barbour County

Posted: March 11, 2008 07:45 PM EBarbour County, Al. (WSFA) -- 21 years ago Judith Henton got the call that changed her life forever.

"I remember it like it was yesterday," Henton said.

The call that her daughter 17-year old Cynthia Dykes had been found dead.  The high school sophomore was found on a dirt road, beaten and strangled. Dykes had a flat tire just 8 miles from home but she never made it home. Henton is convinced a stranger saw an opportunity.

"I pray for him. I don't hate him. I just want justice for my daughter," said Henton.

Even though Dykes' grave has yet to reveal its secret, Judith Henton has found a reason to hope again. WSFA 12 News has confirmed the Cold Case Homicide Unit with the Alabama Attorney General's office has agreed to re-open the case but the AG's office wouldn't say what that decision was based on.

"It has to do with evidence but I better not say what it is," said Henton.

21 years later Judith Henton still has no idea what the motive was, no clue as to who would kill her youngest child.

Two years after the murder, a friend of Cynthia Dykes was tried in court but he was acquitted.

Cynthia Michelle Dykes had dreams of becoming a nurse. Today, her mom has dreams of finding justice that's eluded the family for so long. A $10,000 reward is being offered in the case.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=8001220&nav=menu33_2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »

COLD CASE CORNER Meet Janette Carr Office of the Attorney General Victims Service Officer Why she does it! Do You Have Information that Could Help Solve a Barbour County Murder? The Office of the Alabama Attorney General’s Cold Case Unit has recently received a request from Barbour County Sheriff Larry Upshaw to review the unsolved murder of Cynthia Michelle Dykes. Her death occurred on March 11, 1987, near the town of Louisville, Alabama. MissDyke’s body was discovered in the early morning hours on Old Robertson’s Mill Road. She died asa result of asphyxia. Miss Dykes’ vehicle was discovered 8 miles east of Clayton on AlabamaHighway 30. It appeared that Miss Dykes had apparently experienced problems with her vehicle.The Cold Case Unit requests that anyone with information regarding this investigation contact the Attorney General’s Investigations Division at (334) 242-7345.
http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:mqT05SlzjCMJ:www.ago.state.al.us/victim/vv_2008_04.pdf+Cynthia+Michelle+Dykes+unsolved&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.