March 28, 2024, 07:47:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosa Lisowski, 48, Missing Point Loma CA., 3/24/08 (Husband CONVICTED)  (Read 15874 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »

Hah and if the judge believes that one I've got a bridge to sell him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:05:11 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

68-year-old to stand trial on charge of murdering his wife

2/18/09
SAN DIEGO — An Ocean Beach man accused of killing his wife while the couple was going through a contentious divorce was ordered to stand trial on a murder charge Wednesday.

Henry Lisowski, 68, pleaded not guilty to the charge immediately after Superior Court Judge John M. Thompson found there was enough evidence for him to be tried for the slaying of his wife, Rosa Lisowski.

The 50-year-old mother of four children was last seen March 24 when she walked her son to Barnard Elementary School. Her body has not been found.

Judge Thompson made the decision after hearing testimony from police officers, financial forensic detectives and friends of Rosa Lisowski, who all testified he threatened to kill her.

Richard Perkins, a San Diego police officer, said he responded to a 911 call by Rosa Lisowski on Midway Drive Nov. 13, 2006. Perkins said she was very fearful of her husband and told police that Henry Lisowski “had threatened to make a phone call to have her killed.” A family law attorney who represented Rosa Lisowski in her divorce and custody hearings and a police investigator who looked into Henry Lisowski's finances both testified he underreported his assets in declarations submitted in family court.

Henry Lisowski reported he had $619,900 in assets, said Michael McEwen, a San Diego police detective in the financial crimes unit. Banking statements and personal ledgers analyzed in the investigation revealed he actually had $2 million in personal assets in the United States and in Costa Rica, McEwen said.

Henry Lisowski was arrested in early September at his home on Point Loma Boulevard. His trial has been set for April 9.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/18/bn18lisowski125430/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

I have skeletal remains about 5 miles from their home...recently found and no details yet...

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10876607

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&newwindow=1&q=Ibis+Street+Mission+Hills+CA&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=EWyASpfcFNqptgeig9H5AQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:29 AM »

Ocean Beach man to go on trial for murder of estranged wife
Posted: Feb 03, 2010 10:13 PM EST

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS Cool - Jury selection is underway in the trial of an Ocean Beach man accused of killing his wife.

The body of 50-year-old Rosa Lisowski has never been found nearly two years after the mother of four went missing, but her husband Henry is charged with her murder.

Jury selection started Wednesday morning. It will be up to the panel to determine if Henry Lisowski, 60, is guilty of killing his wife.

Rosa Lisowski, 48, went missing March 24, 2008. She was last seen dropping her son off at Bernard Elementary School in Point Loma.

Rosa's oldest son testified an an earlier hearing that his mom lived in fear of Henry.

At that same hearing, police testified Lisowski had noticeable scratch marks on his face the day he was questioned for his wife's disappearance.

Investigators also stated they found blood on the kitchen counter in his Ocean Beach home along with traces of blood in the cargo area of his SUV.

Legal analyst and defense attorney Robert Grimes says there are a couple of angles the defense can take to help prove Lisowski's innocence.

He cites a letter forensic teams declare was written by Henry Lisowski detailing how his wife died. According to the five-page document, Lisowski claimed Rosa suffered a head injury when she fell outside his Ocean Beach home and died on the way to the hospital.

The letter continues, stating Lisowski decided not to call authorities and instead dumped her body in a trash bin near a Mount Hope neighborhood.

"If the defense agrees he wrote that, then they might argue that's what happened and it's not a murder," Grimes said.

Jury selection for Lisowski's trial is expected to continue into Friday. Opening statements could come as early as Monday.

Lisowski is charged with a special circumstance allegation of murder for financial gain. He faces life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11930336

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »

Alleged wife-killer trial begins

Opening statements are scheduled Monday in the trial of an Ocean Beach man accused of killing his estranged wife and getting rid of her body a week before he was to begin paying child support.

Henry Lisowski, 69, is charged with murder and a special circumstance allegation of murder for financial gain, which could bring him a life prison term without the possibility of parole if he’s convicted.

The 50-year-old victim disappeared March 24, 2008, after walking her young son to school near her home in the Midway-Loma Portal area of San Diego. Rosa Lisowski’s body has never been found.

Detective John Tefft of the San Diego Police Department testified at an earlier hearing that he received an anonymous letter Sept. 5, 2008, that began with “in case of my death” and described what supposedly happened to the woman. The defendant was arrested the day the detective got the letter.

A forensic document examiner later said the handwriting appeared to be the defendant’s.

The writer said Rosa Lisowski — who had four children, including two by the defendant — fell on stairs and hit her head. With her blood on him, he wrote, he realized the situation appeared suspicious, so he placed the body in a trash bin near Mount Hope Cemetery.

Investigators later checked trash bins in the area but never found the body, Tefft said.

Blood found in the defendant’s kitchen and vehicle cargo mat is likely that of the victim, a criminalist testified during a preliminary hearing last year.

Laura Miller, the victim’s divorce attorney, testified that her client initiated court proceedings to get custody of the children and make her estranged husband pay child support.

Miller said she suspected her client’s husband had underreported his income in a court declaration. She testified that the defendant was ordered to pay just over $1,000 a month in child support to his wife.

“He was extremely angry,” Miller said. Officer Michael McEwen, a San Diego police financial crimes expert, testified that the defendant — in his filing with Family Court — underreported his income by $1.4 million.

The estranged couple was suppose to go to court — a week after the woman went missing — for a hearing to review the child support arrangements, according to Miller.

Miller’s paralegal, Treva Cutts, testified that Rosa Lisowski told her that her husband offered to pay her $50,000 if she dropped the custody case and fired Miller.

The paralegal also said the victim told her the defendant repeatedly threatened her, saying he would hire someone to kill her and he would go to jail, leaving the children, including one who was 6, without parents.
http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-02-08/local-county-news/crime/alleged-wife-killer-trial-begins

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »

BRING ON THE GUILTY VERDICT!! 

Defense rests in trial of OB man accused of killing estranged wife

2/23/10
The defense rested its case Tuesday in the trial of an Ocean Beach man accused of killing his estranged wife to avoid paying child support, without calling the defendant to the stand.

Henry Lisowski, 69, is charged with murder and murder for financial gain in the death of 50-year-old Rosa Lisowski. She disappeared the morning of March 24, 2008, after walking their 6-year-son to school in the Midway-Loma Portal District. Her body has never been found.

Prosecutor Nicole Cooper told the jury in her opening statement that Lisowski killed the victim and got rid of her body because she took him to court for child support, but defense attorney Richard Gates said his client panicked and disposed of the victim’s body when she fell down some stairs at his home and died.

Gates originally told the jury his client would testify about what really happened to his wife, but the defense rested today following the testimony of an expert on children’s memories.

In her opening statement, Cooper said friends and family searched for the victim until September 2008, when the defendant wrote a letter and sent it to a police detective, confirming that his wife was dead.

Lisowski said he put his wife into his car after she fell and hit her head, but she died on the way to a hospital, Cooper said.

The defendant wrote that his wife’s death was an accident and “it would look bad for him” if her body was found, the prosecutor said.

When police asked Lisowski where he had dumped the victim’s body, he said he couldn’t remember, Cooper told the jury.

A neurosurgeon testified for the defense Monday that based on the symptoms Lisowski said his wife displayed after falling, she may have developed an Epidural hematoma that resulted in her death.

The victim, who had four children, including two young sons by the defendant, was threatened by him when she asked for child support, Cooper told the jury.

A friend of now-8-year-old Henry Lisowski Jr. testified Monday that “Junior” told him he knew his father killed his mother because her blood was found in the father’s residence.

The friend said “I don’t know” and “no” when asked if “Junior” ever told him that the defendant gave him poison to put into his mother’s food or drink.

The child memory expert, psychologist Phillip Esplin, testified that children 5 and older are quite capable of giving an accurate account of something they have in their memory bank. He said children normally want to be helpful, but sometimes will report events that did not occur.

In her opening statement, Cooper said Lisowski told his estranged wife that “the children would be raised without a mother before I pay child support.”

Henry Lisowski had been ordered to pay $1,000 a month in child support, and a hearing was scheduled for April 29, 2008, to determine whether he had underreported his income, Cooper told the jury.

A few weeks before she disappeared, Rosa Lisowski met with the defendant but refused to drop her request for child support, the prosecutor said.

The day she disappeared, she was in good spirits because a disability claim against her employer had been settled and she was expecting a check for $30,000, Cooper said.

The victim dropped her son off at school and told friends that she needed to get back to her apartment because her 4-year-old was sleeping and an older son needed to get to college, Cooper said.

The older son waited all day for his mother to return, then reported her missing at 7:30 p.m., according to the prosecutor.

The victim’s family directed police to the defendant, who told officers he wasn’t surprised when they told him she was missing, Cooper told the jury.

Lisowski told officers that his estranged wife was an addict hooked on prescription drugs. He also told officers that a drug cartel probably got to the victim, Cooper said.

When contacted, Lisowski had red scratch marks across his cheek, according to the prosecutor.

When friends asked Lisowski if he wanted to take the children since his wife was missing, he responded, “My day’s not until Wednesday,” Cooper told the jury.

On March 25, 2008, Lisowski told a friend “that stupid woman left, and now (police) are all over me,” according to the prosecutor.

Police searched the defendant’s home and found Rosa Lisowski’s blood on his kitchen counter and in the cargo area of his Lexus SUV, the prosecutor said. During a subsequent search, police found part of a bloody handprint with DNA matching the victim’s, Cooper said.

In a court declaration, Lisowski underreported his monthly income by more than 100 percent, meaning his child support payments would have been increased at the April hearing, Cooper said.

Lisowski also underreported his overall income by $1.3 million, which means he would have had to pay it back plus an additional $11,000 a month in child support, the prosecutor said.

“It’s a lot of money he stood to lose,” Cooper told the jury.

Gates, in his opening statement, said the defendant has only himself to blame for not taking his wife to a hospital.

After the defendant met Rosa Lisowski in 1995 or 1996, they ran off to Las Vegas to get married and he had her sign a prenuptial agreement to keep their assets separate, Gates told the jury.

Back in San Diego, Lisowski and his wife never lived together but maintained a casual, intimate relationship, the attorney said.

When their first son was born in 2001, the defendant cared for him and when a second son was born, the child lived with his mother while the defendant paid for all his needs, according to Gates.

“This was the nature of their marriage,’” the attorney said. “It was unusual. Mr. Lisowski never shirked from his responsibility to provide for both of his children.”

Gates said the disagreement between Lisowski and his wife was about spousal support, not child support.

“It was never about the child support,” Gates told the jury.

After Rosa Lisowski filed for support, the couple didn’t get along and the request for spousal support was something “that stuck in Mr. Lisowski’s craw,” Gates said.

Gates conceded Lisowski didn’t respond well to his estranged wife’s court demands.

The defendant had visited his wife’s family in Honduras and “had seen some things,” his attorney said.

“He was afraid,” Gates told the jury.

Lisowski initially lied to police about his wife’s disappearance because he panicked, Gates said.

Closing arguments are scheduled tomorrow in the courtroom of Judge John Einhorn.

Lisowski faces life in prison without parole if convicted.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-02-23/local-county-news/courts/defense-rests-in-trial-of-ob-man-accused-of-killing-estranged-wife

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »

First-degree murder case goes to jury

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.
SAN DIEGO COURTS — For two years, a Point Loma man threatened his estranged wife, telling her he could make her disappear “with one phone call” and that their sons would grow up without her, a prosecutor told a jury yesterday.

The attorney argued that Henry Lisowski made good on his threats March 24, 2008 — the day his wife went missing — and later dumped the body “like a piece of trash.”

But a defense lawyer offered a different explanation for why Rosa Lisowski, 50, had vanished after walking her son to school. He said the woman died as a result of a head injury, after falling on a set of steps outside her husband’s home.

Her body was never found.

After hearing both arguments yesterday, a San Diego Superior Court jury began working to decide whether Henry Lisowski, 69, is guilty of first-degree murder and a special-circumstance allegation of murder for financial gain.

If convicted, he could be sent to prison for life without parole.

Deputy District Attorney Nicole Cooper argued during the trial that the Lisowskis were going through a contentious divorce, during which the wife filed court papers asking for child support. She had two boys with Lisowski and two children from a previous relationship.

Cooper said Lisowski repeatedly threatened to kill his wife if she didn’t drop the case.

In February 2008, Lisowski was ordered to pay more than $1,000 a month in child support. Another hearing was scheduled for late April to determine whether he had been truthful about his finances.

Eventually, investigators determined Lisowski had underreported his assets by $1.3 million.

After Rosa Lisowski was reported missing, police contacted her husband at his home on West Point Loma Boulevard and noticed he had scratches on his face, arms, back and neck. Later, they found a bloody palm print in the house and spots of her blood in the cargo area of his SUV.

The prosecutor said Henry Lisowski, who fled to Mexico for several months, sent a letter to friends and family explaining that his wife had died accidentally. Fearing he would be blamed, he disposed of the body in a trash bin.

One of his sons, now 8, testified he remembered after Lisowski’s arrest that his father had given him a pen filled with “green, stinky powder” and instructed him to pour it into his mother’s water or soup. Instead, the boy rubbed the powder into the carpet when no one was looking.

Deputy Public Defender Richard Gates said the boy’s story was one of several he told with respect to his mother’s disappearance, none of which were supported by the evidence.

Gates said the only direct evidence in the case came from Lisowski’s letter. In it, he described seeing his wife lying unconscious on the steps and throwing water in her face to revive her. He said she had a seizure and died before he reached a hospital.

Gates urged the jury to disregard the prosecution’s theories.

“If they don’t know how she died, they can’t prove murder,” Gates said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/25/first-degree-murder-case-goes-to-jury/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 06:01:02 PM »

Lisowski guilty of murdering his wife

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 2:23 p.m.
SAN DIEGO — A Superior Court jury on Tuesday found a Point Loma man guilty of first-degree murder and a special-circumstance allegation of murder for financial gain in the killing of his estranged wife.

Henry Lisowski was found guilty of the March 24, 2008, death of 50-year-old Rosa Lisowski, who vanished after walking her son to school. Her body was never found.

He faces a sentence of life in prison without possibility of parole. His sentencing hearing is scheduled for April 2.

Lisowski, 69, had claimed that his estranged wife had died after she fell and hit her head on a set of steps outside his home and that he had disposed of the body in a trash bin.

Prosecutors said the couple had been going through a contentious divorce and Lisowski repeatedly threatened to kill his wife if she didn’t drop the case.

Rosa Lisowski had sought child support for two boys she had with Lisowski. She also had two children from a previous relationship.

Witnesses testified that she was afraid of her husband and that he had repeatedly threatened to hire someone to kill her if she didn’t drop the divorce case.

A judge had ordered Lisowski to pay more than $1,000 a month in child support. Another hearing had been scheduled for late April 2008 to determine whether Lisowski had been truthful about his finances.

Eventually, investigators determined Lisowski had underreported his assets by more than $1 million.

Police officers testified that Lisowski had scratches on his face, arms, back and neck when they interviewed him after his wife disappeared. Police also found a bloody palm print in the house and spots of her blood in the cargo area of his SUV.

In a letter he wrote to friends and family, Lisowski claimed that his wife had fallen and hit her head outside his home. He said he planned to drive her to the hospital, but she died on the way, so he decided to dump her body in a bin near the Mount Hope neighborhood.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/02/lisowski-guilty-of-murdering-his-wife/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:03:41 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »

an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »

Rest in peace, Rosa.   an angelic monkey  I'm really sorry there are children that will grow up without their mother.     Henry Lisowski threatened, murdered, lied and now can start paying the price for the life he took.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »

Wife Killer Found Dead: Sources
By ERIC S. PAGE
Updated 3:28 PM PDT, Thu, Mar 25, 2010

An Ocean Beach man found guilty of murder earlier this month had died, according to legal sources.

A jury convicted Henry Lisowki, 69, on March 2 of the first degree murder of his estranged wife, Rosa Lisowski. There was also special circumstance allegation of murder for financial gain.

The San Diego Medical Examiner's office will only confirm that someone fitting Lisowski's description has been identified. The office is trying to contact next-of-kin.

Rosa was 50 years old when she was last seen in March 2008, about a week before Harry was supposed to start paying child support. She had just walked her son to school. Investigators never found her body.

The victim's divorce attorney, Laura Miller, testified during a preliminary hearing that her client went to court to get custody of her four children, two by the defendant, and to make her estranged husband pay child support. Miller's paralegal, Treva Cutts, testified Rosa told her Lisowski offered to pay her $50,000 if she dropped the custody case and fired Miller.

Cutts also said Rosa told her Lisowski repeatedly threatened her, saying he would hire someone to kill her and he would go to jail and she would be dead, leaving the children without a mother or father.

"She was just a mess," Cutts testified. "She said that she knew for a fact that Henry would kill her."

Lisowski told police that he put his wife's body in the trash after she died when she fell and injured her head outside his house.

Lisowski had been due back in court in early April for sentencing.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Wife-Killer-Commits-Suicide-89145682.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »

VISTA: Jail inmate found dead
By SARAH GORDON - sgordon@nctimes.com | Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:35 pm

VISTA ---- A 69-year-old inmate in protective custody at the Vista jail was found dead in his bunk Thursday morning, with suicide notes nearby, authorities said.

His name was not immediately released.

Fellow inmates found his body about 4 a.m. after he failed to get up for breakfast, sheriff's Sgt. Roy Frank said.

Sheriff's homicide investigators, who respond to every jail death, found no signs that someone else killed the inmate, Frank said.

The medical examiner's office is investigating how the prisoner died. There were suicide notes near his body, but his cause of death was not obvious, Frank said.

The sergeant said the man had been in jail since sometime in 2008. He was in a section of the jail where prisoners who may need protection from other inmates are kept, Frank said.

He declined to say why the man was in jail.
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/vista/article_cb4bfff7-ee2e-5bcc-bbff-2e93cd8e2445.html?print=1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 06:32:25 AM »

Convicted wife killer found dead in SoCal jail

Last Update: 3:08 am 

VISTA, Calif. (AP) — A San Diego County man who was convicted of first-degree murder in his estranged wife's slaying has been found dead in his jail cell.

Medical examiner's officials say notes were found near 69-year-old Henry Lisowski's body shortly after his death early Wednesday at the Vista Detention Facility. The cause of death and details about the notes have not been released.
http://www.kget.com/news/state/story/Convicted-wife-killer-found-dead-in-SoCal-jail/MQn_bdb7aEKkiQ5kLKsqwQ.cspx

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.