March 28, 2024, 02:44:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "FITNA" PRODUCER: GEERT WILDERS - DUTCH POLITICIAN '  (Read 13070 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 31, 2008, 02:49:05 PM »

A double standard exists and ... the democractic free world is allowing it.  Islam is allowed to use the right of free speech to undermine everything democracy stands for but ... the same right of free speech is not afforded to others if it is Islam that is being undermined.

Why are the democracies of the free world bowing to an ideology that has a world domination agenda?

Janet

WORLD WIDE OUTRAGE!!!

Controversial Anti-Muslim Film Sparks Worldwide Condemnation
Monday, March 31, 2008

If a Dutch lawmaker wanted to create a firestorm by producing an anti-Islamic film designed "to shake off the creeping tyranny of Islamicization," it appears he achieved his goal.

Geert Wilders' 15-minute film, "Fitna," hit the Internet by storm after it was posted online Friday but yanked from the UK-based site, LiveLeak.com, a day later due to security concerns. As of Monday, the film has been put back up on the site.

"Fitna" — "Ordeal" in Arabic — features footage of terror strikes such as 9/11, the Madrid train bombings and the murder of Dutch film director Theo van Gogh, mixed with verses from the Koran. It was up long enough for other file-sharing sites to distribute the film to anyone with an Internet connection. Wilders turned to the Internet to release his film after he failed to find a television distributor.

Click here to view 'Fitna' from Sweetness & Light.com (Warning: Graphic).

The film's release has caused a ripple effect of negative responses.

On Sunday, Australia's Foreign Minister Stephen Smith called it "highly offensive."

"It is an obvious attempt to generate discord between faith communities," Smith said. "I strongly reject the ideas contained in the film and deplore its release."

The European Union issued a statement Saturday saying the film serves no other purpose than to inflame hatred.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon also condemned the film saying there is no justification for hate speech or the incitement of violence.

In the Middle East, Iran has summoned the Dutch ambassador to Tehran to discuss the film, Reuters reported. A senior diplomat from Slovenia, which holds the rotating presidency of the European Union, was also called to the ministry in Tehran over Wilders' film.

Jordanian lawmakers are taking more severe diplomatic measures and demanded their government cut ties with the Netherlands. Fifty-three lawmakers in the 110-seat parliament have also called for the government to dismiss the Dutch envoy.

Pakistan's foreign ministry on Friday summoned the ambassador of the Netherlands in Islamabad and lodged a "strong protest", according to AFP. It has stepped up the security of the Dutch consulate and businesses in Karachi fearing protests over the the release of the film.

And in Asia, hundreds of Indonesian students took to the streets Sunday, according to AFP, after a minister called for protests. The students carried posters demanding that authorities shut down websites carrying Wilders' film.

Some observers, however, supported the release of the film. "If Western institutions are not willing to take risks, then our lives as free societies are coming to an end," said Robert Spencer, the director of JihadWatch.org, a website critical of radical Islam.

Wilders, who told FOXNews.com in December that he believes Western culture is "better than the +++++++ Islamic cultures," contends that 99 percent of the world's intolerance is rooted in the Islamic religion and the Koran.

"People who watch the movie will see that the Koran is very much alive today, leading to the destruction of everything we in the Western world stand for, which is respect and tolerance," Wilders, the 41-year-old leader of the right-wing Party for Freedom.

But many say the film manipulates elements and symbols of Islam and is a calculated attempt to offend Muslims.

"It's a hatchet job," said Yvonne Haddad, a professor of Muslim-Christian relations at Georgetown University. "In the Koran there are verses that are very accomodating, very open, very pluralistic to other religions. . . . It was not a balanced representation," she said.

Wilders, raised Catholic but long an atheist, said he worked with professors who are experts on the Koran and Islamic culture, professional filmmakers and scriptwriters to complete his film.

Despite their condemnation, the European leaders defended the right to freedom of speech. An EU statement stressed that freedom of speech was "part of our values and traditions," and called on Muslims to react peacefully. Some Muslim leaders have also called for restraint.

Not all were reassured by the affirmation of free speech, and were instead troubled when LiveLeak initially pulled "Fitna" in response to threats. "If the price [for free speech] is ever too high, then that’s the epitaph for freedom in the West," said Spencer.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343351,00.html

++++++++++++++++

Click here to view 'Fitna' from Sweetness & Light.com (Warning: Graphic).
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/liveleak-drops-anti-islam-film-after-threats

++++++++++++++++

A DEAFENING SILENCE

U.S. Based Revolution Muslim Website Spreading Messages of Hate
Wednesday, March 26, 2008

NEW YORK, N.Y. —  On any given day, log on to RevolutionMuslim.com and a host of startling images appear:

— The Statue of Liberty, with an ax blade cutting through her side;

— Video mocking the beheading of American journalist Daniel Pearl, entitled "Daniel Pearl I am Happy Your Dead Smile ";

— Video of a puppet show lampooning U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq;

— The latest speech from Sheikh Abdullah Faisal, an extremist Muslim cleric convicted in the UK and later deported for soliciting the murder of non-Muslims.

Even more surprising is that RevolutionMuslim.com isn't being maintained in some remote safe house in Pakistan. Instead, Yousef al-Khattab, the Web site creator, runs it from his home in the New York City Borough of Queens.

• Click here to view photos.

• Click here to view video mocking the beheading of American journalist Daniel Pearl.

• Click here to view puppet show lampooning U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq.

And, because al-Khattab enjoys the First Amendment right to freedom of speech, all the authorities can do is watch.

Formerly known as Joseph Cohen, al-Khattab is an American-born Jew who converted to Islam after attending an Orthodox Rabbinical school, which he later described as a “racist cult.”

The 39-year-old New York taxi driver launched RevolutionMuslim.com with the mission of “preserving Islamic culture,” “calling people to the oneness of God” and asking them to “support the beloved Sheik Abdullah Faisal, who’s preaching the religion of Islam and serving as a spiritual guide.”

In 2003 Faisal was convicted in the U.K. for spreading messages of racial hatred and urging his followers to kill Jews, Hindus and Westerners. In sermon recordings played at his trial, Faisal called on young, impressionable Muslims to use chemical weapons to “exterminate unbelievers” and “cut the throat of the Kaffars [nonbelievers] with [a] machete.”

Authorities believe Faisal’s sermons have influenced 2005 London transport bomber Germaine Lindsay and "shoe bomber" Richard Reid, who attended mosques where Faisal preached.

At times, al-Khattab's postings are farcical, such as a picture of him holding the book "Nuclear Jihad" with a wry smile on his face. Other messages call for radical Muslim rule worldwide.

Al-Khattab claims the Sept. 11 terror attacks were an “inside job,” and he blames U.S. foreign policy for spawning the terrorism that carried out the attacks.

He calls Daniel Pearl, who was kidnapped and beheaded in 2002 by Islamic extremists in Pakistan, “a convicted spy.”

“I could care less about Daniel Pearl,” al-Khattab said in an interview with FOXNews.com. “I’m happy to see that he’s gone.”

Click here to view RevolutionMuslim.com.

The content changes constantly. One reason is that the fast flow of information allows messages to spread through cyberspace quickly. Another, terrorism analysts say, is to make it difficult for law enforcement to monitor the site.

Despite his radical anti-Western views, al-Khattab says he does not support terrorism of any kind.

Yet, RevolutionMuslim.com claims to be the official site of “North American representatives” for Sheikh Faisal, and it appears dedicated to spreading his radical doctrine.

He says Faisal “never said to kill innocent people” and was unjustly imprisoned. He says the real terror organizations are the U.S. Army, the CIA, and the FBI — and the National Coast Guard, “to a lesser extent.”

According to RevolutionMuslim, Faisal — who was deported to his native Jamaica in 2007 — is now receiving donations solicited on the site, including money for a new laptop and DVD burner to spread his message.

It's not illegal to post these messages or collect money for Faisal, but it would be if Faisal were designated a terrorist by the U.S. government. He currently is not listed on any government terror list; a Department of Justice spokesman could not confirm or deny if Faisal is being investigated for any terror related activity.

RevolutionMuslim may look amateurish when compared with other extremist Web sites, but it is no less of a threat, says Mia Bloom, political science professor at the University of Georgia’s School of Public and International Affairs.

“It may lead people who become radicalized by it to turn to other, more dangerous Web sites,” such as those run by terrorist organizations, she said.

Bloom characterized al-Khattab’s message as “narrow” and “misinformed” and said he is attempting to “proselytize or radicalize people who share some of these same ideas.”

“[He] has obviously been duped or is duping others because that’s not what Islam preaches,” she said.

On his site al-Khattab appears to condemn the very democracy that guarantees him the freedom to express himself — a freedom he cites in a disclaimer on his homepage:

“We hereby declare and make absolute public declaration that revolutionmuslim.com operates under the first amendment right to freedom of religion and expression and that in no way, shape, or form do we call for war against the U.S. government or adhere to the enemies of the United States elsewhere.”

Under the law FBI spokesman Richard Kolko said it is difficult to bring criminal charges against the operators of Web sites like RevolutionMuslim.com unless specific threats are made against an individual or individuals.

Kolko while not speaking directly about RevolutionMuslim said radical sites like these are not often prosecuted.

"It's usually a First Amendment right if they don't cross the threshold of making any threats," said Kolko. "There's nothing we should or could do."

“Until the rhetoric reaches the point in which it’s no longer protected speech under the first amendment, it’s hard to stop it,” said security expert, Harvey Kushner

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341811,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »

March 28, 2008
Film critical of Islam dropped from Web site

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A London-based Web site has dropped a Dutch lawmaker's film that features disturbing images of terrorist acts juxtaposed with verses from the Quran to paint Islam as a threat to Western society, citing threats to its staff.

LiveLeak.com said in a statement Friday that it decided to remove the film a day after it was posted "following threats to our staff of a very serious nature."

Attempts to reach LiveLeak for further comment were unsuccessful. However, Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said the government was concerned that Geert Wilders' film "Fitna" could provoke a violent backlash.

"The possibilities are there of real threats," Balkenende said. "I have already warned Dutch people that there could be enormous consequences on the basis of our intelligence services and what we heard from the business sector."

Early response in the Netherlands was restrained, but hundreds of Muslims rallied in Pakistan, where the government temporarily blocked access to YouTube last month over a trailer for Wilders' film. The protesters burned the Dutch flag and called on Pakistan to cut ties with the Netherlands.

The Dutch government and others, including the European Union and the Organization of the Islamic Conference, have rejected the film. Still, Wilders stood by his project.

"My intention was not to offend in any way but to show the truth -- at least, the truth as I see it," Wilders said. "And if the truth hurts and could be offensive, well, this of course is not my problem."

Watch Geert Wilders speak about his controversial film »

Wilders, a member of the Dutch parliament from the conservative Party for Freedom and an outspoken critic of Islam, said he doesn't hate Muslims. But he said he has "big problems" with the Prophet Mohammed, the Quran and "everything that is stated inside this terrible book."

Despite LiveLeak's decision to drop the film, "Fitna" was posted on several other Web sites, including Google Video and YouTube, a Google subsidiary.

The film was easily accessible via Google, but YouTube posted a disclaimer with the video and required a login to view it.

In a statement, YouTube said, "YouTube allows individuals to express themselves and to communicate with a global audience. The diversity of the world in which we live ... means that some of the beliefs and views of some individuals may offend others."

The film is also hosted on a Dutch Web site. The Web site of Wilders' political party also links to sites where the film can be viewed.

The title of the 15-minute film, "Fitna," translates in Arabic to "strife" or "conflict" of the type that occurs within families or any other homogenous group.

Criticism of Wilders and the film grew Friday.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon condemned the film, calling it "offensively anti-Islamic" while urging calm.

"There is no justification for hate speech or incitement to violence," he said in a statement. "The right of free expression is not at stake here."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/03/28/fitna.reaction/index.html?eref=rss_world#cnnSTCText

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »

Watch Geert Wilders speak about his controversial film »http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/03/28/fitna.reaction/index.html?eref=rss_world#cnnSTCVideo

The story

A London-based Web site has dropped a Dutch lawmaker's film that features disturbing images of terrorist acts juxtaposed with verses from the Quran to paint Islam as a threat to Western society, citing threats to its staff.

LiveLeak.com said in a statement Friday that it decided to remove the film a day after it was posted "following threats to our staff of a very serious nature."

Attempts to reach LiveLeak for further comment were unsuccessful. However, Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said the government was concerned that Geert Wilders' film "Fitna" could provoke a violent backlash

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »

Americans should be outraged.  Whether or not there is an agreement with the policies of President Bush ... he is the   democratically elected President of the United States.

Muslims appears to have a free pass ... while citizens of the democracies of the free world would face the wrath of Islam if they dared.  Is that it ... Islam is an ideology that is feared?

Janet

++++++++++

Puppet Show From Hamas TV Shows Child Stabbing Bush
Monday, March 31, 2008

A children's puppet show featured on Hamas TV shows a child stabbing President Bush to death.

"Who are you to come here and threaten me?" Bush says in the puppet show video. "You are on my own turf, you little child, you. Get out."

The child tells Bush that he killed his father in the Iraq war, which made him an orphan.

"I have come to take revenge with this sword — revenge for my mother and my sisters," the child puppet says. "You are a criminal, Bush."

"I will kill you, Bush, because that is your fate," the child says before stabbing Bush repeatedly.

The show aired on Al-Aqsa TV on March 30.

Click here to watch the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343850,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »

Muslim hardliners in Indonesia rally over Dutch film
Mon 31 Mar 2008, 5:51 GMT

JAKARTA (Reuters) - About 50 members of a hardline Indonesian Muslim group held a rowdy protest outside the Dutch embassy on Monday, calling for the death of a Dutch lawmaker behind a film accusing the Koran of inciting violence.

Geert Wilders, leader of the anti-immigration Freedom Party in the Netherlands, launched his short video on the Internet last week, drawing condemnation from Muslim nations.

Dozens of police, with two water cannon at the ready, did not intervene during the protest by white-clad members of the Islamic Defenders’ Front, some of whom hurled eggs and plastic water bottles into the compound of the Dutch embassy in Jakarta.

“I call on Muslims around the world, if you run into the maker of the film, kill him,” said one of the speakers at the rally, Awit Mashuri.

“Geert Wilders is a Christian terrorist,” declared a placard held up by a protester. “Kill Geert Wilders,” read another.

The Front is notorious for its past raids on nightspots the group accused of harbouring prostitutes and drug dealers.

In 2003, the group’s leader, Mohammad Rizieq Shihab, was jailed for seven months for inciting violence.

Dutch director Theo van Gogh, who made a film accusing Islam of condoning violence against women, was murdered by a militant Islamist in 2004.

Wilders’ film “Fitna” — an Arabic term sometimes translated as “strife” — intersperses images of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States and Islamist bombings with quotations from the Koran, Islam’s holy book.

The film urges Muslims to tear out “hate-filled” verses from the Koran and starts and ends with a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammad with a bomb under his turban, accompanied by the sound of ticking.

The cartoon, first published in Danish newspapers, ignited violent protests around the world and a boycott of Danish products in 2006. Many Muslims regard any depiction of the Prophet as offensive.

So far, the protests against the Dutch film have been small scale in Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation and a former Dutch colony.

http://africa.reuters.com/world/news/usnJAK292374.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

Dutch parliament debates MP Wilders' Fitna movie

All parties attack MP Geert Wilders and his movie

Embarrassing

Mr Wilders struggled to defend his motivations for making the film. In a particularly embarrassing moment for the right-wing populist, Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin produced notes from meetings in October and November, before news of production of the film became public.

During those meetings, Mr Wilders informed the Justice Minister, the national anti-terrorism coordinator and two other cabinet-level officials of his tentative plans for the film, including showing the Muslim holy book, the Quran, being torn up and burnt in a fireplace. The government based its security preparations for possible repercussions of the film on these meetings with Mr Wilders.

During Tuesday's debate, Mr Wilders repeatedly denied that he had informed the government in such detail about his film. Mr Wilders said,

"I'm being taken for a ride here by the Minister of Justice. The cabinet is just trying to clear itself. This is a great and unprecendented shame."

He accused the Justice Minister of lying, and said the Prime Minister only worsened the commotion around the film by talking about a crisis. Mr Wilders submitted a motion of no-confidence in the entire cabinet.

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/region/netherlands/080402-fitna-debate-mc

_____

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »

Janet, you are more American than many so-called Americans, who have loud voices and, for God only knows what reason, wish to destroy our country.  They live here, have prospered here, and yet they hate our country.  Jane Fonda, should have been forced to stay in  Viet Nam when she went there, and KNOWINGLY betrayed our suffering Prisioners of War.  She, as well as Sean Penn et. al. should be made to surrender their US passports, considered traitors and banned from our country. ( our Founding Fathers would have had them "hanged")  And they are not alone, as is obvious with the wide popularity of Obama. I can rationalize those of African descent, who are being ''swept away" with the thrill of having an African-American as their President....but Chris Matthews and other liberal Democrats (is that redundant?), who have joined the "bandwagon" leave me scratching my head.  These are supposedly intelligent, well educated people, who spew hatred for our President who has successfully prevented another tradgedy from being vented upon our country and its citizens. It's a shame so many of our young people will have to be sacrificed in the Middle East in order to "restrain" those of radical Islam (again, is that redundant?)

I can only look at those bashers of our country and our President who rally for "select" groups, those with the downfall of our country, and believe that in all logic these people harbor a "Death wish for the Land of the Free"!!!

Hope I made sense....I am so outraged my mind is boggled and I find it difficult to wrap my brain around what is happening in this world.

I guess the "proof of the pudding" will be in November!  I hope McCain chooses a good running mate. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 03:07:20 PM »

Geert Wilder's speech to Holland's Parliament
Posted March 11th, 2008 in Military News

Madam Speaker, allow me, first, to express my sincere thanks to you personally for having planned a debate on Islam on the very day of my birthday. I could not have wished for a nicer present! Madam Speaker, approximately 1400 years ago war was declared on us by an ideology of hate and violence which arose at the time and was proclaimed by a barbarian who called himself the Prophet Mohammed. I am referring to Islam.

Madam Speaker, let me start with the foundation of the Islamic faith, the Koran. The Koran's core theme is about the duty of all Muslims to fight non-Muslims; an Islamic Mein Kampf, in which fight means war, jihad. The Koran is above all a book of war "“ a call to butcher non-Muslims (2:191, 3:141, 4:91, 5:3), to roast them (4:56, 69:30-69:32), and to cause bloodbaths amongst them (47:4). Jews are compared to monkeys and pigs (2:65, 5:60, 7:166), while people who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God must according to the Koran be fought (9:30).

Madam Speaker, the West has no problems with Jews or Christians, but it does have problems with Islam. It is still possible, even today, for Muslims to view the Koran, which they regard as valid for all time, as a licence to kill. And that is exactly what happens. The Koran is worded in such a way that its instructions are addressed to Muslims for eternity, which includes today's Muslims. This in contrast to texts in the Bible, which is formulated as a number of historical narratives, placing events in a distant past. Let us remind ourselves that it was Muslims, not Jews or Christians, who committed the catastrophic terrorist attacks in New York, Madrid and London; and that it was no coincidence that Theo van Gogh was brutally murdered by a Muslim, Mohammed Bouyeri.

Madam Speaker, I acknowledge that there are people who call themselves Muslims and who respect our laws. My party, the Freedom Party, has nothing against such people, of course. However, the Koran does have something against them. For it is stated in the Koran in Sura 2, verse 85, that those believers who do not believe in everything the Koran states will be humiliated and receive the severest punishment; which means that they will roast in Hell. In other words, people who call themselves Muslims but who do not believe, for example, in Sura 9, verse 30, which states that Jews and Christians must be fought, or, for example, in Sura 5, verse 38, which states that the hand of a thief must be cut off, such people will be humiliated and roast in Hell. Note that it is not me who is making this up. All this can be found in the Koran. The Koran also states that Muslims who believe in only part of the Koran are in fact apostates, and we know what has to happen to apostates. They have to be killed.

Madam Speaker, the Koran is a book that incites to violence. I remind the House that the distribution of such texts is unlawful according to Article 132 of our Penal Code. In addition, the Koran incites to hatred and calls for murder and mayhem. The distribution of such texts is made punishable by Article 137(e). The Koran is therefore a highly dangerous book; a book which is completely against our legal order and our democratic institutions. In this light, it is an absolute necessity that the Koran be banned for the defence and reinforcement of our civilisation and our constitutional state. I shall propose a second-reading motion to that effect.

Madam Speaker, there is no such thing as "moderate Islam".... As Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan said the other day, and I quote, "There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it".... Islam is in pursuit of dominance. It wishes to exact its imperialist agenda by force on a worldwide scale (8:39). This is clear from European history. Fortunately, the first Islamic invasion of Europe was stopped at Poitiers in 732; the second in Vienna in 1683. Madam Speaker, let us ensure that the third Islamic invasion, which is currently in full spate, will be stopped too in spite of its insidious nature and notwithstanding the fact that, in contrast to the 8th and 17th centuries, it has no need for an Islamic army because the scared "dhimmis" in the West, also those in Dutch politics, have left their doors wide open to Islam and Muslims.

Apart from conquest, Madam Speaker, Islam is also bent on installing a totally different form of law and order, namely Sharia law. This makes Islam, apart from a religion for hundreds of millions of Muslims also, and in particular, a political ideology (with political/constitutional/Islamic basic values, etc). Islam is an ideology without any respect for others; not for Christians, not for Jews, not for non-believers and not for apostates. Islam aims to dominate, subject, kill and wage war.

Madam Speaker, the Islamic incursion must be stopped. Islam is the Trojan Horse in Europe. If we do not stop Islamification now, Eurabia and Netherabia will just be a matter of time. One century ago, there were approximately 50 Muslims in the Netherlands. Today, there are about 1 million Muslims in this country. Where will it end? We are heading for the end of European and Dutch civilisation as we know it. Where is our Prime Minister in all this? In reply to my questions in the House he said, without batting an eyelid, that there is no question of our country being Islamified. Now, this reply constituted
a historical error as soon as it was uttered. Very many Dutch citizens, Madam Speaker, experience the presence of Islam around them. And I can report that they have had enough of burkas, headscarves, the ritual slaughter of animals, so-called honour revenge, blaring minarets, female circumcision, hymen restoration operations, abuse of homosexuals, Turkish and Arabic on the buses and trains as well as on town hall leaflets, halal meat at grocery shops and department stores, Sharia exams, the Finance Minister's Sharia mortgages, and the enormous overrepresentation of Muslims in the area of crime, including Moroccan street terrorists.

In spite of all this, Madam Speaker, there is hope. Fortunately. The majority of Dutch citizens have become fully aware of the danger, and regard Islam as a threat to our culture. My party, the Freedom Party, takes those citizens seriously and comes to their defence.

Many Dutch citizens are fed up to the back teeth and yearn for action. However, their representatives in The Hague are doing precisely nothing. They are held back by fear, political correctness or simply electoral motives. This is particularly clear in the case of PvdA, the Dutch Labour Party, which is afraid of losing Muslim voters. The Prime Minister said in Indonesia the other day that Islam does not pose any danger. Minister Donner believes that Sharia law should be capable of being introduced in the Netherlands if the majority want it. Minister Vogelaar babbles about the future Netherlands as a country with a Judeo-Christian-Islamic tradition, and that she aims to help Islam take root in Dutch society. In saying this, the Minister shows that she has obviously gone stark raving mad. She is betraying Dutch culture and insulting Dutch citizens.

Madam Speaker, my party, the Freedom Party, demands that Minister Vogelaar retract her statement. If the Minister fails to do so, the Freedom Party parliamentary group will withdraw its support for her. No Islamic tradition must ever be established in the Netherlands: not now and also not in a few centuries' time.

Madam Speaker, let me briefly touch on the government's response to the WRR [Netherlands Scientific Council for Government Policy] report. On page 12 of its response, the government states that Islam is not contrary to democracy or human rights. All I can say to that is that things can't get much more idiotic than this.

Madam Speaker, it is a few minutes to twelve. If we go on like this, Islam will herald the end of our Western civilisation as well as Dutch culture.

I would like to round off my first-reading contribution with a personal appeal to the Prime Minister on behalf of a great many Dutch citizens: stop the Islamification of the Netherlands!

Mr Balkenende, a historic task rests on your shoulders. Be courageous. Do what many Dutch citizens are screaming out for. Do what the country needs. Stop all immigration from Muslim countries, ban all building of new mosques, close all Islamic schools, ban burkas and the Koran. Expel all criminal Muslims from the country, including those Moroccan street terrorists that drive people mad. Accept your responsibility! Stop Islamification!

Enough is enough, Mr Balkenende. Enough is enough.

http://www.navyseals.com/geert-wilders-speech-hollands-parliament

http://www.michaelsavage.com/savage-geert-wilders.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:15:59 PM »

first time i see this thread. this was huge news in the netherlands.

the politics have a total disconnect with the people. from left to right.
left wing and right wing media/papers are distrusting the government now.

polls show a third or more than half of the population think the government lied.
the rest don't know. few think wilders lied.

i just can't believe this government will stay in power for much longer.
wilders is not all good, but this government now is all bad.

government messed it up for themselves, wilders will win huge in the next election.
then it will be nearly impossible to form a coalition government.

dutch media:
http://www.elsevier.nl/dossier/asp/dossier/625/index.html
http://www.volkskrant.nl/achtergrond/binnenland/wilders/
http://www.nrc.nl/nieuwsthema/film_wilders/
http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/dossiers/wildersfilm/index.html
http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/dossiers/dossier_paginas/film_geert_wilders.xml
http://www.dag.nl/Termen-pagina.htm?dbid=1670&typeofpage=66493

english dutch media:
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/specialseries/wilders/
http://www.nrc.nl/international/
http://www.dutchnews.nl/
http://www.nisnews.nl/

PM astonished by Fitna debate reactions

Friday 04 April 2008

Prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende said on Friday that he was astonished by the reactions to this week's parliamentary debate on Geert Wilders' anti-Koran film Fitna.

During Tuesday's debate, ministers made public cabinet documents which proved that Wilders had been planning to show pages being torn from the Koran in his film. The notes were made after meetings between ministers and Wilders last year.

But Wilders described the notes as rubbish and accused ministers of lying.

Speaking on the fringes of the Nato summit in Bucharest, Balkenende said he had never come across such a reaction to official documents during his years as prime minister. It was not a question of differing interpretation of the facts, he said. The notes are 'as clear as day'.

Justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin and home affairs minister Guusje ter Horst, who were also at the meeting, also denied Wilders' accusations. 'It is the facts that count,' said Hirsch Ballin. 'There is nothing untrue about my statement.'

A number of online polls show that many people believe Wilders rather than the ministers is telling the truth.

Furthermore, independent MP Rita Verdonk had got it 'quite wrong' when she accused him of weakening the right to freedom of expression in the Fitna affair, Balkenende said.

The cabinet had put nothing in the way of the film's release, he argued. 'We are pleased that we were so well prepared, but that has nothing to do with freedom of expression,' news agency ANP reported the prime minister as saying.

Wilders yesterday denied that he had given details of his film plans in advance and that he had adapted them after government pressure. 'This is deception, it is not true,' Wilders said. 'The cabinet is brushing up its own image.'

Ministers used the notes from the meetings to defend their approach to dealing with the impending 'crisis' ahead of the film's release. Wilders accused prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende of so over-reacting that he called for a formal apology and submitted a motion of no-confidence in the government. Wilders was furious. 'How can people get hold of this information in God's name,' he said. 'Not only is it wrong, but I didn't say it.'

Wilders under fire in parliament over Fitna

Wednesday 02 April 2008

MP Geert Wilders came under fire from across the political spectrum on Tuesday evening when MPs debated his anti-Islam film Fitna. At one point Wilders accused ministers of lying when they claimed he told them the film would include pages being torn out of the Koran and burnt.

Liberal (VVD) leader Mark Rutte accused Wilders of being a ‘political pyromaniac’ who ‘lit a fire and walked away’. His film was a missed opportunity which offered no solutions to solve the country’s integration problems, Rutte said.

And Mariette Hamer of the ruling Labour party (PvdA) said the film contained nothing new. ‘But the way the images were strung together was meant to sow hatred,’ she said.

Wilders accused the cabinet of over-reacting to the film and creating a crisis situation before they knew what Fitna contained. He said prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende should apologise for his actions.

However, justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin produced notes made at a meeting between the PVV leader and several ministers in November to discuss the film plans.

The notes, said Hirsch Ballin, showed that Wilders was planning to destroy a Koran during the film. ‘The justice minister is concerned in particular about the end of the film in which Mr Wilders is planning to tear out several verses from the Koran and burn them on an open fire,’ the note reads, as quoted by news agency ANP.

The notes only contain ministers’ reactions to Wilders’ comments and are not transcripts of the meeting.

Wilders said the notes were rubbish and full of lies. ‘I am being made a fool of by the justice minister,’ he said. ‘ The cabinet is cleaning up its own image. This is a massive scandal.’

At the end of the debate, MPs gave their full backing to the cabinets pro-active approach to the film.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »

caesu ... thank you.

Janet

_____

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »

i wrote a long post in here this morning... dang I hate it that for whatever reason it didn't post... but in esscene, I echoed what you are all saying in here.

Unfortunately for most of us, we are fighting against the idealogy of those that are by far willing to go all the way for thier twisted beliefs while allowing NO ONE to utter a word against thier beliefs all the while we have idiots here proclaiming that we are racists when we dare to mention it's a form of hate.   Too bad the very assbites that state we just should love them and understand them that they aren't violent - are the very ones that would be the first to be beheaded.

The only two classes that aren't protected anymore are Christians and Jews... we are the targets of so much of this ideology and those that think they have more "intelligenigesta"

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »

i wrote a long post in here this morning... dang I hate it that for whatever reason it didn't post... but in esscene, I echoed what you are all saying in here.

Unfortunately for most of us, we are fighting against the idealogy of those that are by far willing to go all the way for thier twisted beliefs while allowing NO ONE to utter a word against thier beliefs all the while we have idiots here proclaiming that we are racists when we dare to mention it's a form of hate.   Too bad the very assbites that state we just should love them and understand them that they aren't violent - are the very ones that would be the first to be beheaded.

The only two classes that aren't protected anymore are Christians and Jews... we are the targets of so much of this ideology and those that think they have more "intelligenigesta"

i did read it!
here:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2762.msg371271#msg371271

there are two threads about the same subject now.
maybe they can be merged.

but i could rant about this subject for a very long time.
the dutch blogs and forums are getting record comments about this subject the last week.

mostly the atheists who are mad. wilders is a atheist himself.
christians have given up prostesting that their religion is ridiculed half a century ago.
balkenende party is the CDA - Christian Democratic Appel.
but ridiculing islam - no chance.

last week a weekly magazine printed a speech by Balkenende in which he called islam dangerous.
http://www.nisnews.nl/public/050408_1.htm
he went to court to get it removed because he said he didn't give that speech.
the judge said it was obvious it was a parody and balkenende lost the court case.
but guess what: many CDA voters agree with that speech anyway!!!!!
also a speech by a CDA minister Verhagen from 2005 has popped up now.
in this speech he is just as 'offensive' as Wilders or even more maybe!
http://www.elsevier.nl/magazine/artikel/asp/artnr/29789/jaargang/61/week/8/index.html
unbelievable.
this minister is now foreign affairs minister, he is all week busy apologizing to ambassadors from moslim countries for the movie wilders made! what a joke.

i don't know it you've seen the movie, it is taken offline now - don't know if it is still available.
but it is mosly about terror inspired by the koran.

balkenende backs america in the war on terror. dutch troops went to iraq and are still now in afghanistan fighting!!
last few week there were attacks on dutch troops with casualties.
why apologize for that movie. he doesn't have to agree with all of it.
i started my rant anyway now.

but bigger political problem is that if there are elections it will be impossible the form a coalition goverment.
so the government has to resign, there is now way to spin this lying during that debate mentioned earlier.

but wilders party will grow bigger. no other party will want to sit in a government with wilders.
so the government parties have to show some backbone listen to the voters and make a 180 degree turn. take over (some of) wilders stances. so wilders party won't grow more.
if they don't do that, and the government falls, the country will be without a government for a very long time.
then we have care-taker government without support from the parliament. lame-duck government.
so nothing will get done. in a time a lot needs to get done!!!

total disconnect with the people.
mostly i try to listen or read the left-wing media now. because something quite unusual seems to happen.
they still don't agree with wilders. they have a right to disagree of course.
but they trust him more than the prime minister balkenende! very interesting turn.

it might get spinned somehow next week. i won't be surprised.
but if the government does that they loose even more trust from the people.
and wilders party gets even more support.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »

Over 25,000 Pakistanis Rally Against Anti-Koran Film, Prophet Cartoons
Sunday, April 06, 2008

KARACHI, Pakistan —  More than 25,000 people rallied Sunday in the largest protest in Pakistan so far against an anti-Koran film made by a Dutch lawmaker, urging their government to expel the Netherlands ambassador.

"They call this freedom of expression, but it's freedom of aggression," keynote speaker Munawwar Hasan, a leader of the main Islamic party Jamat-e-Islami, told the crowd as it chanted "God is great."

The 15-minute film by Geert Wilders, which sets verses from the Muslim holy book against a background of violent images from terror attacks, was released in March. It has sparked weekly protests in Pakistan, usually drawing hundreds of people after prayers on Friday, the Muslim holy day.

• Click here for photos.

But police officer Syed Suleman estimated Sunday's crowd at 25,000, while organizers claimed more than 100,000 people turned out.

Wearing head bands inscribed "We are ready to sacrifice our lives for the sanctity of the prophet," they marched for two kilometers (more than a mile), then gathered on Karachi's main street to listen to speeches.

They also burned an effigy of Wilders as speakers said their government should sever diplomatic ties with Western countries supporting the publishers of cartoons defaming the Prophet Muhammad.

"The Muslim world is on one side, but Muslim rulers like (President Pervez) Musharraf are toeing the Western agenda under the garb of secularism," Hasan said, referring to Musharraf's role in Washington's war on terrorism.

Hasan said this rally, named "The glory of the prophet march," was not against the West in general, but was aimed at creating awareness among Muslims that they need to unite against a war against Islam.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347014,00.html

++++++++++++++++++

I would ask "Munawwar Hasan" about the following websites.  Would he refer to them as Freedom of Expression or ... Freedom of Agression.

Janet
______

U.S. Based Revolution Muslim Website Spreading Messages of Hate
Wednesday, March 26, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341811,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,3642,00.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJxUL67fyE
http://yousefal-khattab.blip.tv/#568638

Puppet Show From Hamas TV Shows Child Stabbing Bush
Monday, March 31, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343850,00.html
http://yousefal-khattab.blip.tv/#568638

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »

NYC Cabbie Who Runs Anti-American Islamic Web Site Mocks GI Deaths, Calls for Shia Law In U.S.
Monday, April 07, 2008

NEW YORK, N.Y. —  A New York City cabbie who operates an extremist Islamic anti-American Web site that features violent images — including mocking the deaths of GIs in Iraq — says he’s doing the country a service by “exposing the truth.”

Yousef al-Khattab, who runs RevolutionMuslim.com from his home in Queens, told FOX News that he also wants the U.S. to embrace Islam and Sharia Law, which prohibits alcohol and can include stoning to death or severe flogging for pre-marital sex and adultery.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347272,00.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »

here interviews with Geert Wilders in English:

FOX News:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j0jUuzdfqfc part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0W6twYw4E8w part 2 (at the end he explains the political situation a little)

BBC World:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OWa-6lM9t8E part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PO87qMFV9dc part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=enBb4sHUYqE part 3

and here a 100 minute documentary about islam trying to take over the western world:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781
Islam: What the West Needs to Know

Everything you've always wanted to know about Islam but were afraid to ask. The feature documentary that discovers the basis of Muslim violence in the Koran and the life of Muhammad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam:_What_the_West_Needs_to_Know

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »

Court: Wilders Allowed to Call Islam a Fascist Ideology

THE HAGUE, 08/04/08 - MP Geert Wilders does not incite to hatred or violence against Muslims. His comparison of Islam with Fascism is permissible, a district court in The Hague ruled yesterday.

The Netherlands Islamic Federation (NIF) had put forward a number of statements by the Party for Freedom (PVV) leader in a summary injunction. The NIF considered that Wilders had broken the law by comparing Islam with Fascism, calling the Koran the Islamic version of Hitler's Mein Kampf and the Prophet Mohammed a barbarian. All remarks are legal, the court decided yesterday.

The foundation demanded that Wilders take back his statements. But the court said: "A parliamentarian must be able to put forward his views." And "the right of freedom of speech is decisive here."

Wilders does not have to make a correction. This would according to the court be the same as a forced apology and therefore at odds with the principle of freedom of speech. "Regret cannot be forced with a verdict," according to the ruling.

According to the court, Fascism must be viewed more broadly than the NIF does. The federation of Turkish Muslims associates the term with "malignancies of Nazi Germany" such as the Holocaust. But the court said Fascism is a "collective term for ideologies with principles that embrace a totalitarian political system that leaves no room for dissenters."

NIF did not disprove that ideas are prevalent in Islam that are at odds with democratic principles. The group also did not succeed, according to the judge, in refuting Wilders' view of Mohammed being a barbarian.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/080408_1.htm

(i didn't expect anything else)

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/03/28/fitna.reaction/index.html?eref=rss_world#cnnSTCVideo

Geert Wilders speaks about his controversial film
The story

A London-based Web site has dropped a Dutch lawmaker's film that features disturbing images of terrorist acts juxtaposed with verses from the Quran to paint Islam as a threat to Western society, citing threats to its staff.

Attempts to reach LiveLeak for further comment were unsuccessful. However, Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said the government was concerned that Geert Wilders' film "Fitna" could provoke a violent backlash

'Fitna' (Warning: Graphic)

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/liveleak-drops-anti-islam-film-after-threats

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »

Judge clears Geert Wilders of spreading hate
Published: Monday 07 April 2008 10:08 UTC
Last updated: Monday 07 April 2008 11:21 UTC
The Hague - A judge has ruled in a case against MP Geert Wilders brought by the Dutch Islamic Federation that Mr Wilders is not guilty of spreading hate, although his statements are provocative. The Islamic Federation wanted a judgement on the Freedom Party's leader after he compared the Qur'an to Mein Kampf. However the judge ruled that members of parliament have to be able to express their opinions strongly.

The democrat party D66 want the Lower House to investigate exactly what Mr Wilders told the cabinet about his film Fitna. Two ministers and Mr Wilders disagreed during a Lower House debate on the anti-Qur'an film last week about what was said during a meeting in November.

A record of the meeting says the ministers were concerned about the end of the film in which Mr Wilders said he intended to tear out pages of the Qur'an and burn them in the fireplace. Mr Wilders accused the ministers of lying. D66 leader Alexander Pechtold says it is bad for the image of politics when an MP and the cabinet get into a situation like this. Last week the conservative VVD called for an investigation.

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/international/5722116/Judge-clears-Geert-Wilders-of-spreading-hate

tons and of information about this situation in english:

http://europenews.dk/en/taxonomy/term/32
http://wildersnews.blogspot.com/ (it also has a link on the left to the holloway case)

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »

our justice minister Hirsch Ballin is being silly again.
he is again testing the government coalition for its breaking point.
but he counts on the parliament not passing a motion of no-confidence because fresh election will make it impossible to form a new government.

Cartoonist arrested for discrimination

Friday 16 May 2008

MPs from across the political spectrum have urged justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin to explain the arrest of a cartoonist on discrimination charges.

The cartoonist, who operates under the pseudonym Gregorius Nekschot, was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of publishing work which discriminates against Muslims and 'people with dark skins'. The arrest follows a complaint made against Nekschot in 2005.

In a short statement, Hirsch Ballin said there was no question of there being limits placed on the right to free speech in the Netherlands.

Nekschot, an established cartoonist whose work features in magazine HP/De Tijd amongst others, was released after spending Tuesday night in custody. His house was searched and a quantity of work taken away.

In a statement, the public prosecution department said cartoonists are by nature satirical and often insulting to others. However, Nekschot's work broke the boundaries of freedom of expression and artistic licence, the department said.

'We are raising this affair at the highest level,' Labour MP Ton Heerts told news agency ANP. 'Taking legal action against a cartoonist goes too far.'

Geert Wilders, leader of the anti-immigration party PVV, accused the public prosecution department of have dictatorial tendencies. The arrest of the cartoonist is 'outrageous and tasteless,' Wilders said.

The public prosecution department is currently investigating a number of formal complaints against Wilders, who describes Islam as a backward and violent religion.

© DutchNews.nl

articles/blogs in english:
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/05/cartoonist_arrested_for_discri.php
http://www.nisnews.nl/public/170508_1.htm
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/region/netherlands/080516-Dutch-cartoon
http://**/News/200805160245
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3257
http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2008/05/solidarity-with-gregorius-nekschot.html
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/2008/05/021042print.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorius_Nekschot

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »

Emergency Debate on Arrest of Cartoonist

THE HAGUE, 21/05/08 - A broad Lower House majority yesterday requested an interlocutory debate on the arrest of cartoonist Gregorius Nekschot.

Labour (PvdA), the Socialist Party (SP), the conservatives (VVD), Party for Freedom (PVV), leftwing Greens (GroenLinks) and independent MP Rita Verdonk all backed a request by centre-left D66 for a debate. As well as Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin, Education Minister Ronald Plasterk will be called to account. He is responsible for culture and media policy.

The Christian democrats (CDA) and small Christian party ChristenUnie are much less critical than the Lower House majority, which considers that freedom of speech is at risk. SP, VVD, PVV and Verdonk in particular are enraged by Nekschot's arrest.

VVD leader Mark Rutte primarily blamed the CDA ahead of the debate yesterday. "It is time the CDA came to their senses, and publicly support one of the most important basic rights in our country," he declared, "because it appears that the CDA is prepared to sacrifice freedom of speech at the altar of standards and values." The PVV described the arrest as the first-ever arrest of a cartoonist in the modern Western world.

Gregorius Nekschot was arrested last week and kept in custody for 30 hours for cartoons that are "discriminatory against Muslims and people of darker skin", as the Public Prosecutor's Office (OM) in Amsterdam put it. Nekschot ('Neck Shot') has confirmed reports that around 10 police dragged him out of his home in Amsterdam, seized his computer and telephone and told him his real name would be revealed.

The arrest was particularly remarkable because it followed a complaint dating from 2005. The complaint was made at the time by Abdul Jabbar van de Ven, a Dutch convert to radical Islam. After the murder of filmmaker Theo van Gogh, he said on TV he would thank Allah if he could arrange for MP Geert Wilders to die, "for example of cancer".

Gregorius Nekschot publishes mainly on the Internet, but also produced a book titled 'Nekschot: Sick jokes.' Theo van Gogh, assassinated by a Muslim terrorist in 2004, gave space on his website to the work of Nekschot. Eight specific cartoons that the OM in Amsterdam claims are criminal have meanwhile been removed by the cartoonist from his website.

Opinion magazine HP/de Tijd is printing the eight cartoons by Gregorius Nekschot today. The magazine normally prints a cartoon by him every week.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/210508_2.htm
http://www.dutchnews.nl/columns/2008/05/cartoonesque.php

freedom of speech is under threat.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.