April 16, 2024, 02:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #746 4/4 - 4/11/08  (Read 344796 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »

IIRC, there was a small 'burial' policy on Natalee.  I believe KJ investigated the family finances at one point in time.

Aruban police question Holloways, upset on leaks
By Jay Reeves
Associated Press Writer

<snipped>

Public criticism

Holloway's relatives have publicly criticized Aruban police for asking questions that seemed to turn the focus of the hunt for the teenager toward her family. Investigators have questioned Twitty and Dave Holloway about possible life insurance money and a trust fund established to accept donations from the public after Holloway's disappearance.

Dompig said authorities "had to ask certain questions concerning related issues because in any investigation one should be able to exclude all possibilities."

"This is also standard procedure in (the) U.S. in any investigation," he said. "The family should not have felt this as an insult nor a witch hunt."

Despite seeking information on the family, Dompig said police "never stopped looking at our suspects being the three boys in Aruba, and there is no reason at all for us to focus on other individuals when we are speaking of suspects."

<snipped>

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/051119/aruba.shtml

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »

IIRC, there was a small 'burial' policy on Natalee.  I believe KJ investigated the family finances at one point in time.

Aruban police question Holloways, upset on leaks
By Jay Reeves
Associated Press Writer

<snipped>

Public criticism

Holloway's relatives have publicly criticized Aruban police for asking questions that seemed to turn the focus of the hunt for the teenager toward her family. Investigators have questioned Twitty and Dave Holloway about possible life insurance money and a trust fund established to accept donations from the public after Holloway's disappearance.

Dompig said authorities "had to ask certain questions concerning related issues because in any investigation one should be able to exclude all possibilities."

"This is also standard procedure in (the) U.S. in any investigation," he said. "The family should not have felt this as an insult nor a witch hunt."

Despite seeking information on the family, Dompig said police "never stopped looking at our suspects being the three boys in Aruba, and there is no reason at all for us to focus on other individuals when we are speaking of suspects."

<snipped>

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/051119/aruba.shtml

So there you have it. That article is dated "SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2005". Maybe one of Geilen's friends can clue her in that the insurance scam bullshit was THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATED nearly 2 1/2 years ago.

She apparently hasn't followed the case.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »

I've translated the quote with a reference to the case:

Deze week vroeg mijn fractiegenoot Raymond de Roon om een spoeddebat naar aanleiding van de opzienbarende ontwikkelingen rond de verdwijning van Natalee Holloway. Het verzoek werd door de andere partijen afgewezen. Heel Nederland praat erover, maar de Tweede Kamer zwijgt. Weer een schoolvoorbeeld van de enorme kloof tussen de burgers en de Haagse politiek.

This week my colleage Raymond Boon requested an urgent (not the right translation...it's a kind of debat that isn't scheduled) debat because of the dramatic developments surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The request was rejected by the other parties. Everybody in the Netherlands is talking about it but the political side stays silent. Another example of the huge gap between the people and the Hague politics.

GMBW, is the a blogger or public figure that is accusing the politicians of ignoring the Natalee Holloway case?

Geert Wilders wrote that.
Geert Wilders (born 6 September 1963) is a Dutch politician. He has been a member of the Dutch Parliament since 1998, first for the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy and from 2006 on the Party for Freedom, a party which he founded and of which he is the political leader.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders

Thanks Caesu! So Geert wrote that. He is giving them hell isn't he? So tell me, this is probably a stupid question, what happens if the present leaders are voted out. Is that kind of like a change in political party control like happens here in the U.S. or is there a different sytem for gaining control?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »

A sement of Art Wood's letter to the Attorney General of Aruba requesting that Karin Janssen and the Aruban investigation team be replaced ... elaborates on Gerold Dompig's smokescreen to divert the attention of the investigation to the family of Natalee Holloway.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

Date: November 1,2005
To: Theresa Croes Fernandez-Pedra
Attorney General Of Aruba
Havenstrat 2
Orangestad,Aruba

From Arthur F. Wood
Dave and Robin Holloway
Beth and Jug Twitty

Dear Attorney General,

<snipped>

Subj: Letter page 3

<snipped>

Gerald Dompig:

As Deputy Cheif of Police, Gerald Dompig, Needs to be held to a standard of professionalism that exceeds every member of his team. However he continues to shift the focus of this investigation away from the suspects who are responsible for Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

<snipped>

... On that same occasion he advised me that he was disappointed that Beth Twitty had not made her intended trip to Aruba as he had a nunber of questions for her regarding her relationship with Natalee, the monies raised b the Natalee Holloway fund and Jug Twittty's financial situation and Insurance policies for Natalee.  These questions have been asked and answered by the Holloway's and The Twitty's months ago and any attempts to shift the focus of this investigation onto Dave Holloway, Beth Twitty or their Family members is a ludicrous mismanagement of the investigation. 

<snipped>

Sincerley,
Arthur E. Wood

Signed and in agreement
Dave Holloway
Robin Holloway
Beth Twitty
Jug Twitty

copy to The Honorable Nelson Oduber, Prime Miniser of Aruba
Rudy Croes Minister of Justice Aruba
Helen Lejuez ( attorney for Beth Twitty)
Vinda DeSousa ( attorney for Dave Holloway)
The Honorable Bob Riley, Governor of Alabama
Condoleesa Rice, U.S. Secretary of State.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=318.msg45697;topicseen#msg45697

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2612.msg350938;topicseen#msg350938

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »

I've translated the quote with a reference to the case:

Deze week vroeg mijn fractiegenoot Raymond de Roon om een spoeddebat naar aanleiding van de opzienbarende ontwikkelingen rond de verdwijning van Natalee Holloway. Het verzoek werd door de andere partijen afgewezen. Heel Nederland praat erover, maar de Tweede Kamer zwijgt. Weer een schoolvoorbeeld van de enorme kloof tussen de burgers en de Haagse politiek.

This week my colleage Raymond Boon requested an urgent (not the right translation...it's a kind of debat that isn't scheduled) debat because of the dramatic developments surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The request was rejected by the other parties. Everybody in the Netherlands is talking about it but the political side stays silent. Another example of the huge gap between the people and the Hague politics.

GMBW, is the a blogger or public figure that is accusing the politicians of ignoring the Natalee Holloway case?

Geert Wilders wrote that.
Geert Wilders (born 6 September 1963) is a Dutch politician. He has been a member of the Dutch Parliament since 1998, first for the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy and from 2006 on the Party for Freedom, a party which he founded and of which he is the political leader.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders

Thanks Caesu! So Geert wrote that. He is giving them hell isn't he? So tell me, this is probably a stupid question, what happens if the present leaders are voted out. Is that kind of like a change in political party control like happens here in the U.S. or is there a different sytem for gaining control?

if the government gets voted out there will be new elections within 3 months.
in the meantime the government stays on (as a kind of lame-duck government) to handle the daily affairs, but new legislation cannot be adopted.
(only temporal emergency legislation)

main difference with USA is that there are always coalition governments.
meaning two or more parties are in the government. not a two party system like in the USA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_government
now the government consists of labour, christian democrats and christian union.

but due to a lot of instability and confusion, distrust and more everything is changing.
as a result of that there are many more parties now.
this started with pim fortuyn in 2001, but he got assassinated.
believe it or not, but now there even is a party for the animals - advocating animal rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_the_Animals

the parliament knows that if there are elections now it will be virtually impossible to form a new government.
that's why i think the parliament is giving the goverment a free pass, and the government doesn't get voted out.
the government should have been voted out months ago. earlier governments were voted away for much less.

so the bigger political parties look at the polls, and if they don't benefit from an new election - they don't vote the government out.
as a result of this, the protest-parties like geert wilders PVV (there are a few more) are gaining even more support. because the people are getting fed up with the government more and more. left, right and centre.
and funny thing is, the more support those protest-parties get - the more difficult it will be to form a new government!

that's it in a nutshell i think. but there are for sure more factors at play.

but this cannot go on for much longer. at some point something has to snap.

first i thought the joran-corruption-aruba/antilles-scandal could do that.
then i hoped the iraq-war could do it (there were questions about the legality of the dutch participation)
but now i hope the wilders-fitna-anti-quran-film will do that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitna_%28film%29

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »

This is what I gather from the Aruban papers.  Yesterday 3 family members were killed by I believe it was the son.  The family name is Lampe.  I believe one of those killed was Edvard Lampe of Top 95fm.   The family is known by all and it's a shock in Aruba:

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »

if the government gets voted out there will be new elections within 3 months.
in the meantime the government stays on (as a kind of lame-duck government) to handle the daily affairs, but new legislation cannot be adopted.
(only temporal emergency legislation)

main difference with USA is that there are always coalition governments.
meaning two or more parties are in the government. not a two party system like in the USA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_government
now the government consists of labour, christian democrats and christian union.

but due to a lot of instability and confusion, distrust and more everything is changing.
as a result of that there are many more parties now.
this started with pim fortuyn in 2001, but he got assassinated.
believe it or not, but now there even is a party for the animals - advocating animal rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_the_Animals

the parliament knows that if there are elections now it will be virtually impossible to form a new government.
that's why i think the parliament is giving the goverment a free pass, and the government doesn't get voted out.
the government should have been voted out months ago. earlier governments were voted away for much less.

so the bigger political parties look at the polls, and if they don't benefit from an new election - they don't vote the government out.
as a result of this, the protest-parties like geert wilders PVV (there are a few more) are gaining even more support. because the people are getting fed up with the government more and more. left, right and centre.
and funny thing is, the more support those protest-parties get - the more difficult it will be to form a new government!

that's it in a nutshell i think. but there are for sure more factors at play.

but this cannot go on for much longer. at some point something has to snap.

first i thought the joran-corruption-aruba/antilles-scandal could do that.
then i hoped the iraq-war could do it (there were questions about the legality of the dutch participation)
but now i hope the wilders-fitna-anti-quran-film will do that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitna_%28film%29

Caesu, thank you. That is very well stated and it helps to understand the debacle they are in. It could be that all of the factors you mention (the Sloot scandal, the war and the Koran film) will combine to be enough to force change. I wish you the best on getting the necessary force you need to get a more responsive government. We suffer our own problems here with politicians from both parties paying more attention to lobbyists and contributors than they do the people that elect them. The only thing you can do is throw the bums out and replace them with new blood that will hopefully realize they work for the people and not special interests.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »

This is what I gather from the Aruban papers.  Yesterday 3 family members were killed by I believe it was the son.  The family name is Lampe.  I believe one of those killed was Edvard Lampe of Top 95fm.   The family is known by all and it's a shock in Aruba:

That is terrible for any family. I am sure it will be thoroughly investigated and the perpertrator brought to justice.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »

That is terrible for any family. I am sure it will be thoroughly investigated and the perpertrator brought to justice.

According to Glenda at RU it was the 29 year old son that killed them and he has confessed to it.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »

LAMPE

Mother says she thinks 3 men know what happened to teen
Twitty says authorities should apply pressure
Associated Press
updated 8:05 p.m. PT, Sun., June. 12, 2005

At the Santa Ana Catholic church in the town of Noord, also outside the capital, the Rev. Rudy Lampe told about 300 parishioners to “pray to give the family an oasis of peace.”

“Today we stand with the family of Natalee,” Lampe said. “This is the first time something like this has happened on our island so we are all in shock.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8169252/

Ten political leaders go up against each other in University Debate
Cooperation of Government, Judiciary and Police Discussion Important for Aruba (MEP absent)
Bon Dia Aruba
9/21/2005

<snipped>

Rudy Lampe (Red)
Says that the Holloway case was an opportunity for people to work together. The leader of Red wants a study of the investigation process conducted.

<snipped>

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2005_09_18_archive.html

From paradise to paradox in Aruba
At first, finding a missing American girl was paramount. Then the American media settled in, and attitudes have changed.
By DAVID ADAMS
Published August 22, 2005

<snipped>

"The level of ineptness, the level of omissions of things, blatantly orchestrated errors ... just was incredible," Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, told CBS last week.

That kind of talk has exasperated many islanders.

"They are giving Aruba a very bad name," said Juan Chabaya Lampe, 85, a beloved Aruban musician, painter and writer, who composed the country's national anthem in 1954. "The American media should apologize."

<snipped>

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/22/Worldandnation/From_paradise_to_para.shtml

Amigoe; March 29, 2007: International investigation in Namdar-case

WILLEMSTAD/ORANJESTAD - The Aruban Parliament-member Rudy Lampe (RED) presses for an international investigation in the Namdar-case.   The investigation must include Aruba and the Neth.Antilles and also the Netherlands and the United States. 

The Namdar-case involves both Aruba and Curacao.   It appears from leaked out e-mails that the American diamond dealer and businessman Effy Namdar has offered the Aruban government party MEP one million florins in bribery.   It appears from correspondence that refers to the Tourist Minister of Curacao in May 2006, that also the Curacao commissioner Ivan Strick (Finance and Tourism, FOL) and possibly also the former Tourism-commissioner Gerrit Schotte (MPK then, MAN now, have been in contact with Namdar. 

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/04/02/amigoe-namdar-has-offered-the-aruban-government-party-mep-one-million-florins-in-bribery-hmm/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »

http://www.solodipueblo.com/

Edvard Lampe, colaborador y locutor di Top 95 Fm asesina 
Saturday, 05 April 2008 

STA. CRUZ -- Horibel tabata e scenario den e cas na Macuarima. A maltrata y a bati e 3 victimanan aki. Edvard Lampe (30) ta trahando na Top 95 Fm como operador di Noticero 95 y tambe como presentador di e programa radial Boca na Palabra. Un amigo di infancia di e director Edmond Croes. Ela lanta tur dos emisora cu Edmond Croes como tambe e corant aki Solo di Pueblo. Un persona di confianza di Edmond Croes, kende semper a duna coperacion. Su mama y su tata tambe a keda asesina. Parce cu Edvard a wordo asesina prome, despues Juan y pa ultimo Ina Lampe.  Otro testigo a bisa cu ayeratardi nan a mira Eugene, esta e ruman sospechoso, na laman cu pickup di su tata. Algo stranjo, pasobra normalmente e no mag di core e pickup aki y nunca nan ta preste auto. Edvard Lampe no a yama Top 95 ayera pa bisa cu e no ta bini traha. Edmond Croes a yame 12.45, pero telefon a ring te stop. Parce cu ya for di mainta ela wordo asesina. 

_____

dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »

roflmao, it's totally amazing to me that supposedly intelligent people can blame natalee's family and the american media for telling the truth about their crimes. they evidently don't mind the crimes or the cover-up, or the total ineptness of their leaders.  they just blame and hate the people who recognize and expose them to the world. 
dennisintn
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »

roflmao, it's totally amazing to me that supposedly intelligent people can blame natalee's family and the american media for telling the truth about their crimes. they evidently don't mind the crimes or the cover-up, or the total ineptness of their leaders.  they just blame and hate the people who recognize and expose them to the world. 
dennisintn

Hope it was worth the hundreds of millions and world-wide embarrassment it has cost them. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »

Translated through google:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_41192.php

Mother, father and son murdered in Santa Cruz
April 5, 2008, 20:12 (GMT -04:00)

Macuarima 127-c where the three bodies were found.

ORANJESTAD - In a house in the district Macuarima in Santa Cruz on Friday Aruba are three members of one family killed. That is what the police last night on the spot. These include the father, mother and son of the family Lampe: Juan (60), Aura Lampe-Geerman Edvard (57) and (30). The Public Ministry said today that the exact cause of death remains unresolved, but that the conditions in which the bodies were found suspected to involve these people by a crime their lives have been.

The OM declares that the 29-year-old EJL (presumably the son Eugene Lampe) has been arrested on suspicion of attempted arson, murder and manslaughter after he himself around ten thirty on the politiewacht Sta. Cruz had reported "with a remarkable story 'about attempted arson and three bodies in the house. The son would be addicted to drugs.

After reporting a fire in a house, at about 21.30 hours by the police the lifeless bodies of the three members of the family found. The bodies were in different places in the house have. Ambulancepersoneel checked the bodies, but noted that there is no sign of life was more. Their death was a little later that evening by doctor Esschendal officially established.

There were also traces of arson in the house and burns found on the bodies. It is assumed that the perpetrator has tried to burn the bodies. The pathologist will anatomist-hopefully this afternoon after examining the bodies to be able to give more clarity, according to the PPS.

COMMOTIE

The public disclosure of the triple murder created soon for many commotion in the neighbourhood. Especially when other members of the family came poolshoogte Lampe, feelings ran high. The police asked for understanding and "to leave the situation as it was" in the context of the trace evidence. All family and was caught at the police station, where they were assisted by Victim Support Bureau. According to bystanders the murdered father worked at Banco di Caribe, the mother and son in Total Cleaning Edvard Lampe as town crier to the FM radio station Top.

The trace evidence of the tactical and technical research to five o'clock this morning lasted. With four man is the house. Sporenonderzoek can be of great importance in this case, according to the PPS, and a good research - while sporenbeeld has not yet been disrupted - can be of decisive importance for the resolution of the case. That was also the reason that there is nobody, except the research, the house has been able to go inside. After five hours left sealed the house.

Present at the place of crime were also chief Peter de Witte, a prosecutor and Justice Minister Rudy Croes. According to White, there is a "unique situation." "Unique might be an inappropriate word, but this is certainly special for Aruba. It is also entirely on its own and independent of other developments on the island. "

On the matter 'is' at the moment a team of nine detectives from Santa Cruz, San Nicolas and Oranjestad. If necessary, this team further extended.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »

According to Glenda at RU it was the 29 year old son that killed them and he has confessed to it.

I need to check my notes...but was this the radio station that started the *rumor* that Joran was in a psych hospital?...or, was it Hit 94fm...need to find my note pad...yes...I still write down all my notes on...paper...gasp!

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »

I need to check my notes...but was this the radio station that started the *rumor* that Joran was in a psych hospital?...or, was it Hit 94fm...need to find my note pad...yes...I still write down all my notes on...paper...gasp!

I'm pretty sure it was Top 95 that first reported Joran was in the psych hospital.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »

Translated through google:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_41192.php

Mother, father and son murdered in Santa Cruz
April 5, 2008, 20:12 (GMT -04:00)

Macuarima 127-c where the three bodies were found.

ORANJESTAD - In a house in the district Macuarima in Santa Cruz on Friday Aruba are three members of one family killed. That is what the police last night on the spot. These include the father, mother and son of the family Lampe: Juan (60), Aura Lampe-Geerman Edvard (57) and (30). The Public Ministry said today that the exact cause of death remains unresolved, but that the conditions in which the bodies were found suspected to involve these people by a crime their lives have been.

The OM declares that the 29-year-old EJL (presumably the son Eugene Lampe) has been arrested on suspicion of attempted arson, murder and manslaughter after he himself around ten thirty on the politiewacht Sta. Cruz had reported "with a remarkable story 'about attempted arson and three bodies in the house. The son would be addicted to drugs.

After reporting a fire in a house, at about 21.30 hours by the police the lifeless bodies of the three members of the family found. The bodies were in different places in the house have. Ambulancepersoneel checked the bodies, but noted that there is no sign of life was more. Their death was a little later that evening by doctor Esschendal officially established.

There were also traces of arson in the house and burns found on the bodies. It is assumed that the perpetrator has tried to burn the bodies. The pathologist will anatomist-hopefully this afternoon after examining the bodies to be able to give more clarity, according to the PPS.

COMMOTIE

The public disclosure of the triple murder created soon for many commotion in the neighbourhood. Especially when other members of the family came poolshoogte Lampe, feelings ran high. The police asked for understanding and "to leave the situation as it was" in the context of the trace evidence. All family and was caught at the police station, where they were assisted by Victim Support Bureau. According to bystanders the murdered father worked at Banco di Caribe, the mother and son in Total Cleaning Edvard Lampe as town crier to the FM radio station Top.

The trace evidence of the tactical and technical research to five o'clock this morning lasted. With four man is the house. Sporenonderzoek can be of great importance in this case, according to the PPS, and a good research - while sporenbeeld has not yet been disrupted - can be of decisive importance for the resolution of the case. That was also the reason that there is nobody, except the research, the house has been able to go inside. After five hours left sealed the house.

Present at the place of crime were also chief Peter de Witte, a prosecutor and Justice Minister Rudy Croes. According to White, there is a "unique situation." "Unique might be an inappropriate word, but this is certainly special for Aruba. It is also entirely on its own and independent of other developments on the island. "

On the matter 'is' at the moment a team of nine detectives from Santa Cruz, San Nicolas and Oranjestad. If necessary, this team further extended.

Thank you Klaas.

I wonder if the father who was killed was related to the composer of Aruba's national anthem.

Maybe Juan is a common name in Aruba.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++

From paradise to paradox in Aruba
At first, finding a missing American girl was paramount. Then the American media settled in, and attitudes have changed.
By DAVID ADAMS
Published August 22, 2005

"The level of ineptness, the level of omissions of things, blatantly orchestrated errors ... just was incredible," Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, told CBS last week.

That kind of talk has exasperated many islanders.

"They are giving Aruba a very bad name," said Juan Chabaya Lampe, 85, a beloved Aruban musician, painter and writer, who composed the country's national anthem in 1954. "The American media should apologize."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/22/Worldandnation/From_paradise_to_para.shtml

_____

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2008, 11:00:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure it was Top 95 that first reported Joran was in the psych hospital.

Right you are...as usual...Wink

Eugene Lampe:

http://www.solodipueblo.com/

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2008, 11:14:11 PM »

Old...but worth revisiting...IMHO....translated by Google...

http://www.korps-politie-suriname.com/nieuws/nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/archief%20nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/2007/2007-05-nieuwsbronnen-internationaal/2007-05-nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal.htm

*KLAAS*...If I busted the seams with this web addy...Please fix it for me...and sorry Sad

‘Strafrechtelijk onderzoek nog in volle gang’ "Criminal investigations are still in full swing '

Politie en vrijwilligers staan klaar voor een van de grote zoekacties naar de verdwenen tiener in juni 2005. Police and volunteers are ready for one of the major searches for the missing teenager in June 2005.
ORANJESTAD — Het was gisteren precies twee jaar geleden dat de 18-jarige Amerikaanse studente Natalee Holloway verdween. ORANJESTAD - It was exactly two years ago yesterday that the 18-year old American student Natalee Holloway disappeared. Het strafrechtelijk onderzoek is nog in volle gang. The criminal investigation is still in full swing.

“Het belang van het ophelderen van een waarschijnlijk gepleegd misdrijf weegt op tegen het nadeel dat een verdachte ondervindt van de onzekere uitkomst van nog te verrichten opsporingsonderzoek”, aldus het Openbaar Ministerie (OM). "The importance of elucidating probably committed a crime weighs against the disadvantage that a suspect because of the uncertain outcome of further investigations to be carried out," according to the Public Prosecution Service (OM).

De hoofdverdachte in de zaak, Joran van der Sloot, zei eind april naar aanleiding van het verschijnen van zijn boek dat in mei bekend wordt of het onderzoek wordt gesloten, omdat de gebruikelijke duur bij strafzaken twee jaar is. The main accused in the case, Joran van der Sloot, said at the end of April following the publication of his book in May known whether the investigation is closed, because the usual duration in criminal two years. Het OM laat weten dat het uitgangspunt bij strafzaken in Eerste Aanleg inderdaad is dat behandeling en vonnis plaatsvinden binnen twee jaar nadat de ‘redelijke termijn’ is begonnen. The OM know that the key to criminal cases in first instance indeed is that treatment and judgement take place within two years after the "reasonable time" has begun.

Die redelijke termijn begint op het moment dat een verdachte redelijkerwijze kan aannemen dat hij vervolgd zal worden. That reasonable period begins at the time a suspect can reasonably assume that he will be prosecuted. Dit is niet vastgelegd in een specifieke regel, maar het begin van de redelijke termijn kan zijn wanneer de verdachte in verzekering wordt gesteld of wanneer een gerechtelijk vooronderzoek tegen de verdachte wordt geopend. This is not defined in a specific rule, but the beginning of the period may have been reasonable when the suspect insurance is made or when a judicial investigation against the suspect opens. “Beide mogelijkheden hebben zich in deze strafzaak voorgedaan”, aldus het OM. "Both possibilities have arisen in these criminal proceedings," according to the PPS. Van der Sloot is op 9 juni 2005 in verzekering gesteld. Van der Sloot on June 9, 2005 in insurance.

In principe zou het onderzoek naar en de behandeling van de zaak tegen hem op deze datum moeten zijn afgerond. In principle, it would be research into and treatment of the case against him on this date must be completed. Maar volgens het OM zijn er omstandigheden waardoor de duur van strafzaken meer dan twee jaar kan bedragen, “zonder dat gezegd kan worden dat die duur onredelijk lang is”. But according to the PPS there are circumstances in which the duration of criminal cases more than two years amounts, "without being told that they can be expensive unreasonably long". Omstandigheden zijn de ingewikkeldheid van de zaak, de invloed van de verdachte en/of zijn raadsman op het procesverloop en de wijze waarop de zaak door de bevoegde autoriteiten is behandeld. Conditions are the complexity of the case, the influence of the suspect and / or his counsel on the procedure and the manner in which the case by the competent authorities.

VERJARING ZASTARANJE

De redelijke termijn voor het onderzoek en de afhandeling van de strafzaak begint volgens OM dus niet te lopen op de dag van het delict. The reasonable deadline for the investigation and handling of the trial begins according to OM is not to run from the date of the incident. Wel begint een dag na de datum waarop een ‘vermoedelijk strafbaar feit’ is gepleegd de verjaringstermijn. However, it starts a day after the date on which a suspected criminal offence is committed, the limitation period.
Het ministerie benadrukt dat deze twee termijnen duidelijk van elkaar gescheiden moeten worden. The Ministry stressed that these two periods clearly have to be separated. Voor een levensdelict is de verjaringtermijn overigens twaalf jaar en voor moord achttien jaar. For a levensdelict the verjaringtermijn incidentally twelve years for murder and the age of eighteen. “Als het in februari voorgestelde nieuwe Arubaanse Wetboek van Strafrecht wordt ingevoerd, zal moord bovendien nimmer verjaren.” "If the Aruban in February proposed new penal code is introduced, it will never murder also barred."

Vanaf dat moment zal een verdachte van moord kunnen worden vervolgd, ook als de verdachte al een aantal jaren onderwerp van opsporing en vervolging is geweest.”, aldus het OM. From that moment, a murder suspect can be prosecuted, even if the suspect is already a number of years subject of investigation and prosecution has been. "Said the PPS. (Amigoe/foto: Mirte de Rozario.) (Amigoe / photo: Mirte de Rozario.)

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2008, 11:17:42 PM »

Destiny ... I do not believe it was a rumor.  Other Aruban publications are now reporting that Joran is in a psych hospital.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_41150.php

Through google translator:

Lawyer Moszkowicz dagvaart Joran and parents
April 3, 2008, 17:56 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

ORANJESTAD / AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot and his parents sued the coming days. They must appear before the court in order to be heard under oath about their role during and after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. That message De Telegraaf today.

The summonses are part of a series injunction in the civil case that the mother of Natalee Holloway, Beth Reynolds in the Netherlands has begun. They require a substantial compensation and satisfaction for the "shockschade" that Joran van der Sloot it has carried out. She is convinced that he was involved in the disappearance of her daughter.

Beth Reynolds is assisted by Bram Moszkowicz and Roger Schmidt. It has advocatenkoppel summonses to prepare for virtually all 'stakeholders', including Patrick van der Eem, Peter R. De Vries and the brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

"During the questioning, the witnesses required answers to all the questions," says Moszkowicz in the article in De Telegraaf. "There is no absolute right to remain silent, as in criminal law. This will allow hearings for Justice also interesting. "

According to the reporters, Joran voluntarily under treatment of the psychiatric institution Altrecht in Den Dolder. He would stay in an open section and therapy for people who are stuck in everyday life and suffer from 'behavioural and psychiatric problems. " It has been suggested that the possible inclusion is a deliberate move to Jorans lawyer, Bert de Rooij, argued that his client may not be able to answer. Van der Sloot would under his schuilnamen again at various pokersites are identified.

The summons for Patrick van der Eem and misdaadjournalist Peter R. De Vries wants Moszkowicz reach to see an end to the debate on the legality of the undercover operation.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2745.msg370675#msg370675

+++++++++++++++

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/3705073/_Familie_Van_der_Sloot_gedagvaard__.html

Translation:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2745.msg370419#msg370419

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.