April 25, 2024, 03:32:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #746 4/4 - 4/11/08  (Read 345253 times)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:18 AM »

Hello Mum,

Sssssssshhhhhh we aren't suposed to know about JK2 stopping at another bar! I still think that was a slip by David Kock...

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »

Hey *******…Tamikosmom posted that bit about J2K’s making a stop…I can’t find it and may have to ask her to repost. Enjoy your day!!!

Good Morney Monkeys

Mum ... the Birmingham News link does not work anymore.  Maybe it can be access it the publications archives.

Janet
7:45 AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++

David Kock
Birmingham News - Associated Press
June 9, 2005

Satish Kalpoe's attorney, David Kock, said his client told him that van der Sloot asked the Kalpoe brothers to pick him up Sunday night so he could meet up with Holloway and her classmates at Carlos'n Charlie's, a popular watering hole in the capital, Oranjestad.

They said they left the bar around 1:30 a.m. with van der Sloot and an intoxicated Holloway in the back seat, then stopped briefly at another restaurant about a block away before heading out of town, Kock said.

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1118481459238090.xml&coll=2

http://gwinnettdailyonline.com/GDP/archive/article7CC45D48DBE746FDAC4CA487F0C3448B.asp

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »

*******  - it appears to me that the son that murdered them all was NOT the DJ at Top95.  It's that one with the dirty blonde hair that looks like he's on drugs.
[/quote]

Your right...Interesting that both Rudy Croes and De Witte were on the scene...I guess it's a rare situation where this will actually go down as violent murders instead of the normal Arubacides..
[/quote]

The way Glenda was talking at RU, everyone knew this family and it was quite a shock.  Very sad.
[/quote]

Yes..Very sad Sad I wonder if they are related to Rudy Lampe? I see Rudy Lampe was did a press copnference and was in the papers on the 4th. Well I guess most everyone is connected in some fashion in Aruba. I translated this from the Dutch part of our forum as I am trying to understand this info..Makes me wonder what Info they have that links this arrest in the U.S. to Natalee and this possibly being Daury?

News from Aruba. I refer not to the gezinsdrama in Santa Cruz where a drug addict ombracht his parents and brother, but on the matter Natalee Holloway.
All hope of the team that the confessions of Joran van der Sloot examine is drawn to a trace that leads to a man, who because of a drugsdelict stuck in the United States. The police have evidence that he is probably the person who has the boat threats facing Natalee to open sea. The coming weeks should be clear whether it is a hot track or mislead. But from the fact that it is a so-called embargo research (research that is closely guarded, even for fellow police) can be inferred that the information quite seriously. Would the "Daury" still exist?
[/quote]

This would fall in line with the info Caps posted in the Shango thread about Daury being held in the USA on drug charges.  Caps said it was the Daury that claimed he was in Holland at the time Natalee disappeared.  Wonder if he got the wrong Daury?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2008, 11:03:50 AM »

Yes..Very sad Sad I wonder if they are related to Rudy Lampe? I see Rudy Lampe was did a press copnference and was in the papers on the 4th. Well I guess most everyone is connected in some fashion in Aruba. I translated this from the Dutch part of our forum as I am trying to understand this info..Makes me wonder what Info they have that links this arrest in the U.S. to Natalee and this possibly being Daury?

News from Aruba. I refer not to the gezinsdrama in Santa Cruz where a drug addict ombracht his parents and brother, but on the matter Natalee Holloway.
All hope of the team that the confessions of Joran van der Sloot examine is drawn to a trace that leads to a man, who because of a drugsdelict stuck in the United States. The police have evidence that he is probably the person who has the boat threats facing Natalee to open sea. The coming weeks should be clear whether it is a hot track or mislead. But from the fact that it is a so-called embargo research (research that is closely guarded, even for fellow police) can be inferred that the information quite seriously. Would the "Daury" still exist?

Good Morning *******

I also wonder if there is a relationship.  Then there are other Lampes that have been loosely associated to the Natalee Holloway.  The name "Juan" makes me think that maybe there is a connection to the composer of the Aruban National Anthem.

Janet

+++++++

Translated through google:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_41192.php

Mother, father and son murdered in Santa Cruz
April 5, 2008, 20:12 (GMT -04:00)
Macuarima 127-c where the three bodies were found.

ORANJESTAD - In a house in the district Macuarima in Santa Cruz on Friday Aruba are three members of one family killed. That is what the police last night on the spot. These include the father, mother and son of the family Lampe: Juan (60), Aura Lampe-Geerman Edvard (57) and (30). The Public Ministry said today that the exact cause of death remains unresolved, but that the conditions in which the bodies were found suspected to involve these people by a crime their lives have been.

The OM declares that the 29-year-old EJL (presumably the son Eugene Lampe) has been arrested on suspicion of attempted arson, murder and manslaughter after he himself around ten thirty on the politiewacht Sta. Cruz had reported "with a remarkable story 'about attempted arson and three bodies in the house.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2769.msg371406;topicseen#msg371406

From paradise to paradox in Aruba
At first, finding a missing American girl was paramount. Then the American media settled in, and attitudes have changed.
By DAVID ADAMS
Published August 22, 2005

"The level of ineptness, the level of omissions of things, blatantly orchestrated errors ... just was incredible," Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, told CBS last week.

That kind of talk has exasperated many islanders.

They are giving Aruba a very bad name," said Juan Chabaya Lampe, 85, a beloved Aruban musician, painter and writer, who composed the country's national anthem in 1954. "The American media should apologize."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/22/Worldandnation/From_paradise_to_para.shtml

Mother says she thinks 3 men know what happened to teen
Twitty says authorities should apply pressure
Associated Press
updated 8:05 p.m. PT, Sun., June. 12, 2005

At the Santa Ana Catholic church in the town of Noord, also outside the capital, the Rev. Rudy Lampe told about 300 parishioners to “pray to give the family an oasis of peace.”

“Today we stand with the family of Natalee,” Lampe said. “This is the first time something like this has happened on our island so we are all in shock.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8169252/

Ten political leaders go up against each other in University Debate
Cooperation of Government, Judiciary and Police Discussion Important for Aruba (MEP absent)
Bon Dia Aruba
9/21/2005

<snipped>

Rudy Lampe (Red)
Says that the Holloway case was an opportunity for people to work together. The leader of Red wants a study of the investigation process conducted.

<snipped>

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2005_09_18_archive.html

Amigoe; March 29, 2007: International investigation in Namdar-case

WILLEMSTAD/ORANJESTAD - The Aruban Parliament-member Rudy Lampe (RED) presses for an international investigation in the Namdar-case.   The investigation must include Aruba and the Neth.Antilles and also the Netherlands and the United States. 

The Namdar-case involves both Aruba and Curacao.   It appears from leaked out e-mails that the American diamond dealer and businessman Effy Namdar has offered the Aruban government party MEP one million florins in bribery.   It appears from correspondence that refers to the Tourist Minister of Curacao in May 2006, that also the Curacao commissioner Ivan Strick (Finance and Tourism, FOL) and possibly also the former Tourism-commissioner Gerrit Schotte (MPK then, MAN now, have been in contact with Namdar. 

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/04/02/amigoe-namdar-has-offered-the-aruban-government-party-mep-one-million-florins-in-bribery-hmm/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: April 07, 2008, 11:14:10 AM »

Looks like there was a fire at Grammy's, I believe that's the Karaoke place in Oranjestad.  From the article maybe a choller started it?

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/4437/5/

Chollernan a sende candela       
Monday, 07 April 2008 - 02:57 
Banda di e ex edificio di Texas y banda di e establicimento Grammys chollernan a sende un candela. Ora cu a personanan den vecindario a ripara cu e candela tabata por a yega fasilmente na e edificionan a bati alarma. Brandweer a yega pa asina paga e candela. Click read more pa mas imagen.

Comment:

XXXX said:

cambia e nomber di oranjestad pa chollerstad.......................................... 

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2008, 12:06:30 PM »

Hey *******…Tamikosmom posted that bit about J2K’s making a stop…I can’t find it and may have to ask her to repost. Enjoy your day!!!

Good Morney Monkeys

Mum ... the Birmingham News link does not work anymore.  Maybe it can be access it the publications archives.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++++

David Kock
June 9, 2005

Satish Kalpoe's attorney, David Kock, said his client told him that van der Sloot asked the Kalpoe brothers to pick him up Sunday night so he could meet up with Holloway and her classmates at Carlos'n Charlie's, a popular watering hole in the capital, Oranjestad.

They said they left the bar around 1:30 a.m. with van der Sloot and an intoxicated Holloway in the back seat, then stopped briefly at another restaurant about a block away before heading out of town, Kock said.

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1118481459238090.xml&coll=2

http://gwinnettdailyonline.com/GDP/archive/article7CC45D48DBE746FDAC4CA487F0C3448B.asp

Thank you Tamikosmom...I thought I saved it, but I couldn't find it this morning...I will this time!

Now you just wouldn't happen to have a couple of other things would you?

KJ's trip to the Netherlands...I thought that she hand delivered something, but I thought I remembered van der Straten going too. Any clue as to when this would have been...I found one for July, but thought that was too late for what I remembered.

And I know we have discussed that Mos took over IIRC in March of 2007, but do you recall when KJ left. It has been suggested that maybe there was a 'filler' for while.

TIA...Tamikosmom and for all your hard work!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2008, 12:10:29 PM »

Congratz *******!!! I'm happy you are happy!!!

A Great Big WELCOME BACK...and Congrats!!! from me too Wink

Destiny...you were misssed greatly...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »

Did Hans Mos present the three judge panel ... who ruled that there was insufficient supporting evidence ... with Freddy's witness statement where the words of Joran in the Devries' video recording ... in regards to Natalee's shaking/seizuress ... are supported ... the shaking/seizure that Dennis Jacobs questioned Beth and Jug about in the interrogations of June 1, 2005 ... one day following Joran's interrogation of May 31, 2005?

Janet

+++++++++

February 15, 2008
Court of Appeal upholds lower judge’s decision not to detain J.v.d.S.
J.v.d.S remains prime suspect
Judicial investigation continues

The Court of Appeal announced by the end of yesterday, February 14th, 2008, its decision to uphold the refusal by the investigating judge to order pre-trial detention of J.v.d.S. in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Office of the Public Prosecutor had requested such an order after the “Peter R de Vries-tapes” had been received by the Office and had been evaluated. Last week the Office appealed the ruling of refusal by the judge.

The reasons underlying the Court’s decision are the following. The Court has seen the visual materials, has listened to the audio materials and has inspected the verbatim reports. Based on that, the Court is of the opinion that there is a lack of sufficient facts and circumstances substantiating serious grounds for the suspicion of the suspect’s involvement in the crimes for which he is being held responsible by the prosecution. The Court will generally be a bit more hesitant when it has to decide on a new request for pre-trial detention of a suspect, when that same suspect has been detained repeatedly before and there has been a considerable lapse of time.

J.v.d.S. has given extensive and detailed statements in Patrick van der Eem’s car, the undercover citizen who worked for Peter R. de Vries, on what happened during the night of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Nevertheless the Court sees various reasons not to accept the serious grounds of suspicion which are statutorily required for pre-trial detention. One of them is the history of contradictory statements by J.v.d.S., which were belied repeatedly by objective findings.

At this moment those parts of the statements made in Van der Eem’s car which contain new elements are not being underpinned by objective findings. Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the “car-statements.”

On the pre-trial detention issue the Code of criminal procedure does not provide for further appeals. The effect of the Court decision is that J.v.d.S. cannot be (re)arrested. The investigation of the Natalee Holloway case continues. J.v.d.S. is again the prime suspect.

At the end of the investigation the Office of the Public Prosecution will decide whether to charge or not.

Joran van der Sloot
De Zaak Natalee Holloway
Page 160/161

After Freddy's second statement on June 13th at 18:30, in which he keeps insisting that I told him the first story already on May 30th, the police confront us as best friends with each other.  Some further statements follow after that.  In the end Freddy states in his 6th and 7th statements (verbatim reports) that I have told him that Natalee went unconscious several times and did not regain consciousness at a certain moment, that I tried to wake her up by shaking her but that but this also did not work.
Unofficial Engish translation

Beth Holloway
DATELINE
February 23, 2008

Beth Holloway: The facts are within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance, a lead detective asked me if she had a history of epilepsy or seizures. Two and a half years later, the main suspect himself, admits that Natalee -- he felt as if she suffered an epilepsy or seizure. And he even indicates how she's shaking. So, if we look at just that one-- just that one piece, that's one thread out of a lot. Then, I have to say yes, there definitely was some collusion and corruption going on in the early days of Natalee's disappearance. Absolutely.

However, according to the prosecutor's office it's standard procedure to ask if a missing person might have a seizure disorder.

Police and prosecution officials declined on-camera interviews, but have consistently denied that there was any corruption, collusion or mishandling of the investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23301056/page/6/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »

Good Morney Monkeys

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++++

David Kock
June 9, 2005

Thank you Tamikosmom...I thought I saved it, but I couldn't find it this morning...I will this time!

Now you just wouldn't happen to have a couple of other things would you?

KJ's trip to the Netherlands...I thought that she hand delivered something, but I thought I remembered van der Straten going too. Any clue as to when this would have been...I found one for July, but thought that was too late for what I remembered.

And I know we have discussed that Mos took over IIRC in March of 2007, but do you recall when KJ left. It has been suggested that maybe there was a 'filler' for while.

TIA...Tamikosmom and for all your hard work!

Mum ... you are welcome and ... thank you.

1.  Yes .... I have something on Karin's trip to the Netherlands.  IIRC ... it was with the duct tape and hair.  However ... it may take a while ... my desktop files are a mess.  DIL is stopping over tonight after school (teacher) and ... doing a major overhaul.  I probably will not be able to find anything ... too organized.

2.  No ... I do not have a time frame in regards to when Karin Janssen left the investigation and ... Hans Mos took over.  To tell the truth ... the first time I heard of Hans Mos was in November, 2007 ... just prior to Joran, Deepak and Satish were detain.  It was when Mos was making the talk show circuit claiming that this time the three were going down.

Janet

++++++++++++

Hans Mos
ABC NEWS
November 26, 2007

Hans Mos, Aruba's chief prosecutor, told ABC News he believes the the new evidence makes the case against the three men stronger than it was two years.

"We are convinced if we had had this evidence we have now they would not have been released by the court at that time," Mos said.

http://sendtofriend.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3912737

_____

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2008, 12:52:23 PM »

Good morning.

I think the suit is all about DISCOVERY.......

Not about monetary reward or damages.  Not about making a criminal case. 

It's about obtaining testimony under oath that will leave no doubt as to who is responsible for the disappearance of Natalee.

I agree, Peaches.  Any monetary damages would simply replace a prison sentence if the coverup had not taken place.  If the Sloots lose and do not pay damages, they will not be able to work or live in the U.S. and may have problems with any investments from U.S. companies. 

BTW, love the new lip gloss.   

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2008, 12:55:38 PM »

Has there been any word from Jossy about anything? 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2008, 01:20:33 PM »

KARIN JANSSEN - THE DUCT TAPE

Mum ...

Janet

Diario
July 21, 2005
Page 3

HEAD PROSECUTOR MRS. KARIN JANSEN FLEW URGENTLY TO THE NETHERLANDS
Sealed pieces of evidence will be handed over to the State Laboratory.

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Competent authorities decided that Head Prosecutor Mrs. Karin Janssen must travel to The Netherlands. According to sources it deals with an urgent flight possibly relating to the investigation that is still ongoing of Natalee Holloway.

As it is known recently park rangers called alarm when they discovered among other things a piece of Duct tape that has hair resembling the hair of the American girl that is going to be missing for two months. In this case the only suspect detained is the young man Joran van der Sloot. For the Duct tape and possibly other evidence to reach as fast as possible to the State Laboratory, which is situated in Rijswijk, The Hague, it was decided that the sealed evidence will be transported by the Head Prosecutor Mrs. Karin Jansen who boarded the flight to the Netherlands.

As it is already known from the beginning DNA tests have been conducted on the mother and father of Holloway which would facilitate the investigators. There are indications that DNA tests have been done on Joran but we can’t get official confirmation of this, but as we understood it this has already been done. Close sources stated that at the moment that the Head Prosecutors touches ground in The Netherlands the sealed evidence will he brought directly to the State Lab, where analysts will examine, study, compare, using the latest technology to find out if the hairs could belong to Natalee. Possibly tomorrow or in later days it will be determined what the result of this analysis is.
Translated by Aruba Girl

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/21/karin-jansen-flew-urgently-to-the-netherlands/

Vacation Break?
Thursday, July 21, 2005
By Greta Van Susteren

The Natalee Holloway (search) story continues to baffle me. What's with everyone on the case taking vacations? Now the chief prosecutor is on a two-week vacation to the Netherlands! I don't know what you think... but it seems to me that if you are in charge of the only murder investigation in your country, and if the clock is winding down on holding your chief suspect, that you might want to delay that vacation a few weeks. Even some of us worked vacation days covering the story and we are not in charge of the investigation... we are simply covering it for a news organization.

I go back and forth — sometimes I think (hope?) that maybe the Aruba authorities have significant evidence and are simply not revealing it and sometimes I think they have no evidence. Most often I think they have little or no evidence. Worse, I am not always confident they are trying hard to do what should be done in an investigation. The "slow start" may have created fatal errors to an effective investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163205,00.html

Anastasiya Bolton - WBMA
NANCY GRACE
July 22, 2005

GRACE: ... Back to Anastasiya Bolton with WBMA. I want to go back to the prosecutor, Karin Janssen. She`s gone on vacation for two full weeks, but at least she managed to drop off the DNA evidence at the Hague in Netherlands. Did she hand-deliver that?

BOLTON: Yes, indeed, Nancy, she did on the way to her vacation. She did hand-deliver that evidence, which is, of course, being processed right now in the forensic lab.
She`s not working alone on this case. She has another prosecutor helping her out and keeping a watch while she`s on vacation until August 3rd, as we understand it.

Overall, about 25 people are working on this case, including the FBI, including the police department in Nor (ph), which is right next to the beach where Natalee was last seen. And some people from the Dutch government are actually on the island helping out with the investigation, as well.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/22/ng.01.html

_____

Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

Aruba Networks slides on JP Morgan downgrade
Shares of Aruba Networks (Nasdaq:ARUN) are taking a hit today and are hovering near their 52 week low after JP Morgan downgraded the security technology company to “underweight” from “neutral” on concerns surrounding the company’s sales cycle length and shrinking order sizes in light of the dismal macroeconomic backdrop. 

JP Morgan analyst Ehud Gelblum said he thinks lengthening sales cycles and shrinking order sizes could +++++ the entire wireless local area network (WLAN) market and pressure Aruba’s margins for the rest of 2008. The analyst said he expects the retail segment to be hit the hardest, as it is one of the largest, and as he expects the economic downturn to continue through to 2009.

As a result, the analyst is reducing his 2008 growth forecast for the dependent WLAN market by five points to 28% from 33%, as spending on WLAN is the most discretionary in the realm of IT projects, according to Gelblum.

He now predicts that the company’s 802.11n roll-outs will take longer than expected and could be delayed until 2009.

http://www.smallcapinvestor.com/articles/04072008-aruba_networks_slides_on_jp_morgan_downgrade   

Noticed this JPM updates just now.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »

KARIN JANSSEN - THE DUCT TAPE

Mum ...

Janet

Diario
July 21, 2005
Page 3

HEAD PROSECUTOR MRS. KARIN JANSEN FLEW URGENTLY TO THE NETHERLANDS
Sealed pieces of evidence will be handed over to the State Laboratory.

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Competent authorities decided that Head Prosecutor Mrs. Karin Janssen must travel to The Netherlands. According to sources it deals with an urgent flight possibly relating to the investigation that is still ongoing of Natalee Holloway.

As it is known recently park rangers called alarm when they discovered among other things a piece of Duct tape that has hair resembling the hair of the American girl that is going to be missing for two months. In this case the only suspect detained is the young man Joran van der Sloot. For the Duct tape and possibly other evidence to reach as fast as possible to the State Laboratory, which is situated in Rijswijk, The Hague, it was decided that the sealed evidence will be transported by the Head Prosecutor Mrs. Karin Jansen who boarded the flight to the Netherlands.

As it is already known from the beginning DNA tests have been conducted on the mother and father of Holloway which would facilitate the investigators. There are indications that DNA tests have been done on Joran but we can’t get official confirmation of this, but as we understood it this has already been done. Close sources stated that at the moment that the Head Prosecutors touches ground in The Netherlands the sealed evidence will he brought directly to the State Lab, where analysts will examine, study, compare, using the latest technology to find out if the hairs could belong to Natalee. Possibly tomorrow or in later days it will be determined what the result of this analysis is.
Translated by Aruba Girl

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/21/karin-jansen-flew-urgently-to-the-netherlands/

Vacation Break?
Thursday, July 21, 2005
By Greta Van Susteren

The Natalee Holloway (search) story continues to baffle me. What's with everyone on the case taking vacations? Now the chief prosecutor is on a two-week vacation to the Netherlands! I don't know what you think... but it seems to me that if you are in charge of the only murder investigation in your country, and if the clock is winding down on holding your chief suspect, that you might want to delay that vacation a few weeks. Even some of us worked vacation days covering the story and we are not in charge of the investigation... we are simply covering it for a news organization.

I go back and forth — sometimes I think (hope?) that maybe the Aruba authorities have significant evidence and are simply not revealing it and sometimes I think they have no evidence. Most often I think they have little or no evidence. Worse, I am not always confident they are trying hard to do what should be done in an investigation. The "slow start" may have created fatal errors to an effective investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163205,00.html

Anastasiya Bolton - WBMA
NANCY GRACE
July 22, 2005

GRACE: ... Back to Anastasiya Bolton with WBMA. I want to go back to the prosecutor, Karin Janssen. She`s gone on vacation for two full weeks, but at least she managed to drop off the DNA evidence at the Hague in Netherlands. Did she hand-deliver that?

BOLTON: Yes, indeed, Nancy, she did on the way to her vacation. She did hand-deliver that evidence, which is, of course, being processed right now in the forensic lab.
She`s not working alone on this case. She has another prosecutor helping her out and keeping a watch while she`s on vacation until August 3rd, as we understand it.

Overall, about 25 people are working on this case, including the FBI, including the police department in Nor (ph), which is right next to the beach where Natalee was last seen. And some people from the Dutch government are actually on the island helping out with the investigation, as well.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/22/ng.01.html
Interesting that 3 years ago their were 25 people working this case and now the number is still the same. So is this the standard number used for all questions related to investigators. If LE still reads here try changing the number to 26 or 24 just to change things for appearances only.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2008, 01:53:47 PM »

Looks like there was a fire at Grammy's, I believe that's the Karaoke place in Oranjestad.  From the article maybe a choller started it?

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/4437/5/

Chollernan a sende candela       
Monday, 07 April 2008 - 02:57 
Banda di e ex edificio di Texas y banda di e establicimento Grammys chollernan a sende un candela. Ora cu a personanan den vecindario a ripara cu e candela tabata por a yega fasilmente na e edificionan a bati alarma. Brandweer a yega pa asina paga e candela. Click read more pa mas imagen.

Comment:

XXXX said:

cambia e nomber di oranjestad pa chollerstad.......................................... 

Orangestad=chollerstad

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

Aruba Networks slides on JP Morgan downgrade
Shares of Aruba Networks (Nasdaq:ARUN) are taking a hit today and are hovering near their 52 week low after JP Morgan downgraded the security technology company to “underweight” from “neutral” on concerns surrounding the company’s sales cycle length and shrinking order sizes in light of the dismal macroeconomic backdrop. 

JP Morgan analyst Ehud Gelblum said he thinks lengthening sales cycles and shrinking order sizes could +++++ the entire wireless local area network (WLAN) market and pressure Aruba’s margins for the rest of 2008. The analyst said he expects the retail segment to be hit the hardest, as it is one of the largest, and as he expects the economic downturn to continue through to 2009.

As a result, the analyst is reducing his 2008 growth forecast for the dependent WLAN market by five points to 28% from 33%, as spending on WLAN is the most discretionary in the realm of IT projects, according to Gelblum.

He now predicts that the company’s 802.11n roll-outs will take longer than expected and could be delayed until 2009.

http://www.smallcapinvestor.com/articles/04072008-aruba_networks_slides_on_jp_morgan_downgrade   

Noticed this JPM updates just now.

I believe Aruba Networks is a US company with no ties to Aruba.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »

Thank You Tamikosmom and Buckeye....KJ out....Lugo from 1/16 and still there on 5/14, so Mos may not have come on board until November.

Duct tape in July, was hoping for June. Will go back and look at van der Straten I think he made a trip.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »

I imagine that Joran van der Sloot's defence was behind the reason that Karin Janssen did not comply with Prime Minister Nelson Oduber's request to turn over the Natalee Holloway case file to the FBI.  David Kock's motion to prevent documents/audio/evidence from being turn down by an Aruban court but ...

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++

July 22, 2005
As confirmed by sources at Aruba Today, the following statement has been issued by the Aruban Government:

The Government of Aruba would like to confirm by legal means necessary to guarantee the involvement of the FBI in regards to the investigation about the disappearance of Ms. Natalee Holloway. This involvement is to be all levels, which means that the FBI must have complete access to the dossier, including transcripts, audio tapes or video registration of interrogations, plus all materials that are connected to this case, in as much as our judicial system allows.

In case the current phase of investigation limits mentioned involvement, than the instruction is to use all legal means necessary to allow and even guarantee complete access to the FBI. If external expertise in reference to above is required, you are hereby authorized and instructed to do so.

Lastly, it is imperative that there should not be any doubt at all that Aruban authorities guarantee full cooperation in this case with the American authorities, as has been the case since the beginning, within the boundaries of our judicial system. (Red)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/22/breaking-news-aruban-pm-and-minister-of-justice-to-aruban-le-hand-it-over/

Aruba PM: Give FBI documents on missing teen U.S. agency has been assisting in investigation but without access to papers
Associated Press July 22, Updated: 8:58 p.m. ET July 22, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Aruba’s prime minister has urged investigators to give the FBI all documents related to the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, according to a letter released late Friday.

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber asked in the letter to Attorney General Karin Janssen that the bureau be allowed “complete access to the dossier, including transcripts, audio tapes or video registration of interrogations, plus all materials that are connected to this case, in as much as our judicial system allows.”

FBI agents have been advising Aruban authorities in the 6-week-old investigation but have not had access to case records, said government spokesman Ruben Trapenberg.

FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela said the FBI has pressed for access to the documents.

Trapenberg said Janssen had not yet responded to the government’s request. The attorney general could not immediately be reached for comment Friday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8672318/

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE
Page 184

Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute.

Beth Twitty
NANCY GRACE
September 28, 2005

TWITTY: You know, Nancy, I really don`t know, you know, as this case has gone and how frustrating it`s been and how little information we`re allowed to get, and even now, with the FBI not even able to receive a single piece of evidence. So we`ll just have to try.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/28/ng.01.html

Harris Faulkner - ACA
NANCY GRACE
September 28, 2005

HARRIS FAULKNER, "A CURRENT AFFAIR": Well, you know, Nancy, the biggest news so far has been our exclusive interview with Joran Van Der Sloot, and that is something that Natalee`s mom had said all along that she wanted to see words from Joran. So as soon as we got that tape, we showed it to Beth. And you know, I have to say, in the watching it -- and I know you guys here have watched it on your show -- there are so many nuances in that tape and so many things that pop up that Beth then reacted to that gave us new information.

For instance, I never knew until talking with Beth this week that the FBI was never given a single document, audio or visual, in this case. And now we`ve confirmed that, and I know you have done so, too. All along, we had thought this summer, you know, maybe they were being held at bay because of Dutch or Aruban law. And then we saw the Aruban prime minister about a month ago come out and say, FBI, come on in, inviting them in, I thought in a more substantive manner. Maybe we all thought that, too. But when Beth told me, sure, there was a Dutch official who flew from Holland all the way to Quantico to share information, but didn`t leave a single thing in the hands of the FBI.

GRACE: Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Harris, are you telling me the FBI doesn`t have a copy machine?

FAULKNER: I don`t think it`s about that. I think it`s about being able to have those documents released to them. And you know, I did have an attorney ...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/28/ng.01.html

Defense attorneys want FBI out of Aruba