April 20, 2024, 04:59:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #746 4/4 - 4/11/08  (Read 345039 times)
GBMW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #540 on: April 09, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »

Also meant to add -- IMO, this was never and will never be about money.

It's all about 'discovery'

AVOID ARUBA AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT....IT DOES
Justice for Natalee

I agree...but what kind of a person would think that under these circumstances? And really...how much money does he have anyway? But then again....I heard he's a good pokerplayer Wink

GBMW -- thinking about this (highlighted in red) depresses me immensely.

I'm a baby boomer who came to her rights of passage in the 70's  And I've said since the early early days of this story that I would not judge a single family member (and RH makes that value difficult) until the truth is known as I would never want to walk an inch in their flip flops (I live in Miami  )

When I look back at the early days of June '05 -- and the intentional lies and deceptions and misniformation campaigns that were propagated (and financially supported) by a government and tourism industry, I get sick to my stomach that such creatures live on my earth.

And the fact that several apparently US traitors (no - they cannot be considered ex-pats) lead that bandwagon just turns up the disgust.

I have had to STOP thinking about what makes these creatures 'tick' because it defies the logic of mankind. And supports the logic of pyschopaths. And makes me cry.

Can you tell that I don't visit the sites visited by the 'dark side' ? 

Boycott Aruba
Justice for Natalee

Hi Sharon,

yes I can tell Wink. You live in Miami? Awwww...I'm going to the States for a couple of weeks soon and Miami is a place I would love to visit but it couldn't be put in our schedule.

I'm not for boycotting Aruba though. There are a lot of people on Aruba who have done nothing wrong and who have to live from tourism. Why hurt people for something they did not take part in and who hate the situation as much as any 'normal' person would?

I understand the people in higher functions / the corrupt people won't change unless other people make them too...but hurting people that have nothing to do with it and have to make a living for their own families isn't the way it should be done according to me. I don't have the answers on how to put the right presssure on the ALE but making even more innocent people the victim doesn't feel right to me.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #541 on: April 09, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »

I think it's possible that the Tattoo could be used. However, I don't think it could be used to go where the Persistence was. The seas seems too ruff even at night. It's a boat so it could be used. I just don't think it's likely.

Just about every room in five hotels overlooks that area... even if this body disposal would have happened at 3 + am, there would be people seeing the Tattoo moving and would have thought that odd and reported it. So, it's possible because it is a boat, but unlikely in my opinion.

I totally agree.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: April 09, 2008, 08:18:47 AM »

That is quite a different story compared to the Amigoe article back in November 2005 entitled, “Radar-system not watertight”.
 I can't find this artical

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #543 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »

If I understood Kyle correctly, and that would be that the Arubans retrieved and possessed all finds, not sharing anything with the crew, then that effort was a waste of time and effort. The only thing it could have accomplished was to locate additional evidence for the Arubans to destroy. I am not sure if that was the protocol out of Aruba's waters though. The effort was superb, but the game was fixed:)

I totally agree. I boggles my mind that anything at all would be handed over to them. That is insane.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: April 09, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »

I think it's possible that the Tattoo could be used. However, I don't think it could be used to go where the Persistence was. The seas seems too ruff even at night. It's a boat so it could be used. I just don't think it's likely.

Just about every room in five hotels overlooks that area... even if this body disposal would have happened at 3 + am, there would be people seeing the Tattoo moving and would have thought that odd and reported it. So, it's possible because it is a boat, but unlikely in my opinion.

Given this premise...what are the chances that they used the Gottenbos boat for a body dump then? 

Hi Lalas:

We must be doing pretty good here.  I haven't seen you sharpening your pencils in a long time.  I have to say, I miss the late night chats we used to have here.  I am not sure if you remember Leah, the baby I asked people to pray for long ago.  There is an update about her family in the prayer thread.  Check it out.

I have wondered about the Tatoo.  I keep tossing this idea around in my head and don't know if this is likely.  Could they have attached her to the Tatoo someway and cut her loose when they were at sea?  (It's a horrible thought, but I need to remember we are talking about someone who does not see people as human beings but as objects to get his desires met.)  When we were talking about how many miles the Tatoo goes out, someone said it was within the range it needed to be so the body did not come back to shore.

This is what they do with drugs, attach them to the hull of the ship and cut them loose at the proper spot.  The guys involved here are all hooked into drugs in some way.  I wonder if they were thinking like drug runners.

Just a thought that keeps bouncing around in my head (the echo in there is deafening).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: April 09, 2008, 08:34:21 AM »

With regard to the water search for Natalee, BFN had JDS, LegallyLex, and Dave in chat on Sunday night.

There were a few things I'd never heard.  I didn't think to save them for reposting, but next time Kyle visits, maybe he could repost the information (in detail/correctly) here.  Maybe there could be a question thread for Kyle (or they could do a SM radio show). 

From memory -

JDS / LS and the searchers need a larger ROV.  The ROV that was initially used was about 10 hp.  What they need is something between 100 - 250 hp.  This would be roughly the size of a Yugo.

An ROV that size usually has a special ship.  The Dutch and US Navies are likely to have such a vessel in their fleet.  This kind of equipment is also used by oil companies as well.  If you have such equipment, now would be a good time to off their services.

John has been looking at a few things, but a larger ROV/ship is still needed.

The ROV that was used, checked out about one quarter (1/4) of the sites of interest.  The majority need further investigation.

There was discussion about what made an object a site of interest.  Basically, it had to be at least the size of the fish trap that was reported stolen.

If some has some corrections, please do (this is from memory).

Do you have to be a member there to see the chat?  I thought there was a problem with this site (something to do with the family?).  Do I have the wrong impression?  Is there a list of family friendly sites vs those that are talking out of their butts?

I really hate to go to the nasty sites.  I have to give my computer an enema afterwards to get all the $h!t out of it when I'm done.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:09 AM »

New actions has started for this week

Tourists were still troubled by the public employees’ protest march at the airport last Saturday.  The public employees, among whom many teachers, hit the streets again this morning (picture right).

ORANJESTAD – A big group of public employees, about 500 to 1000, gathered again this morning to demonstrate for salary increases.  Many teachers answered Simar’s call for strike.  At the time this paper went to press, we had no idea of how many students didn’t have classes today due to the strike.  None of the schools did close however.

In the meantime, the government and the public servant unions didn’t get one step closer to each other, after the unions made their ‘last proposal’ last Friday.  “We reacted with four options on the proposal: another salary system; reorganization; oriented on performance; and/or core-job analysis to compromise and be able to pay for the indexation.  We have also proposed to them to come with other ideas and/or conditions, to scrape together the money”, said lawyer Anthony Ruiz, who represents the National government.  However, the unions insist that they do not want to come up with solutions; they only want the payment they are claiming.  “The unions do not consider this their problem, thus the deadlock remains”, says Ruiz.

Chances are that government and union will meet each other again in court.  Despite the court verdict of last week, the fire department is also going to join the actions tomorrow.  The court has already considered prohibiting this department to go on strike, due to the fact that the department is already understaffed and the actions may not have consequences for the availability.  “We already foresee problems due to the actions and we are studying the verdict”, says Ruiz, who didn’t want to say whether the government is really going to continue with a lawsuit.

After the judge decided last Saturday that the public employees are allowed to demonstrate in front of the airport, a big group marched with banners, drums, and slogans from the Simar-building to the arrival- and departure terminals of the airport.  The arriving passengers were troubled by this, because they couldn’t leave directly for their hotels by taxi.  Spokesperson of AAA, Hendrik Croes, said that the tourists had to wait in the arrival hall for about 45 minutes and they were not very pleased with this. “The effect of the demonstration was the same as last time, when the intersection in front of the airport was blocked.’

AAA was a little disappointed with the verdict of the judge in the lawsuit that AAA, ATIA, and AHATA had instituted last Saturday.  “The lawsuit was to prevent a blockade of the airport.  This time around, the demonstrators were not allowed to block the intersection at the airport, but they still hindered the traffic again”, said Croes.  However, as far as he is aware of, tourists have not missed connections with a cruise ship.  AAA is not officially informed about tomorrow’s planned actions of customs, immigration, and fire department.  “We have not received a letter, thus we know nothing officially"

Amigoe.com

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2008, 09:15:54 AM »

Tourists were still troubled by the public employees’ protest march at the airport last Saturday.  The public employees, among whom many teachers, hit the streets again this morning (picture right).

ORANJESTAD – A big group of public employees, about 500 to 1000, gathered again this morning to demonstrate for salary increases.  Many teachers answered Simar’s call for strike.  At the time this paper went to press, we had no idea of how many students didn’t have classes today due to the strike.  None of the schools did close however.

In the meantime, the government and the public servant unions didn’t get one step closer to each other, after the unions made their ‘last proposal’ last Friday.  “We reacted with four options on the proposal: another salary system; reorganization; oriented on performance; and/or core-job analysis to compromise and be able to pay for the indexation.  We have also proposed to them to come with other ideas and/or conditions, to scrape together the money”, said lawyer Anthony Ruiz, who represents the National government.  However, the unions insist that they do not want to come up with solutions; they only want the payment they are claiming.  “The unions do not consider this their problem, thus the deadlock remains”, says Ruiz.

Chances are that government and union will meet each other again in court.  Despite the court verdict of last week, the fire department is also going to join the actions tomorrow.  The court has already considered prohibiting this department to go on strike, due to the fact that the department is already understaffed and the actions may not have consequences for the availability.  “We already foresee problems due to the actions and we are studying the verdict”, says Ruiz, who didn’t want to say whether the government is really going to continue with a lawsuit.

After the judge decided last Saturday that the public employees are allowed to demonstrate in front of the airport, a big group marched with banners, drums, and slogans from the Simar-building to the arrival- and departure terminals of the airport.  The arriving passengers were troubled by this, because they couldn’t leave directly for their hotels by taxi.  Spokesperson of AAA, Hendrik Croes, said that the tourists had to wait in the arrival hall for about 45 minutes and they were not very pleased with this. “The effect of the demonstration was the same as last time, when the intersection in front of the airport was blocked.’

AAA was a little disappointed with the verdict of the judge in the lawsuit that AAA, ATIA, and AHATA had instituted last Saturday.  “The lawsuit was to prevent a blockade of the airport.  This time around, the demonstrators were not allowed to block the intersection at the airport, but they still hindered the traffic again”, said Croes.  However, as far as he is aware of, tourists have not missed connections with a cruise ship.  AAA is not officially informed about tomorrow’s planned actions of customs, immigration, and fire department.  “We have not received a letter, thus we know nothing officially"

Amigoe.com
Absolutely proof positive that the boycott is working! Now all we need is for the "strikers" to publicly DEMAND that the government admit WHY they have no money -- their cover-up and denial of the Natalee Holloway situation.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2008, 09:20:16 AM »

Here is just one more article attesting to the attraction Aruba has for the lawless IMO. does anyone find this strange besides me? Is it the fact that they know the laws and government are basically self serving and corrupt and therefore unlikely to object to more of the same? Sorry if this was already posted, just I read it and found myself shaking my head. This is certainly not the type of traveler to make for One Happy Island

++++++

Fugitive businesswoman may head to Aruba

Apr. 8, 2008
A Valley fugitive may be hiding out on a resort island to avoid a hefty prison sentence for fraud. Rebecca Parrett, 59, disappeared while awaiting sentencing on a $2-billion dollar scheme.

She worked for National Century Financial Enterprises, which sold health care bonds to investors including several Arizona cities. Last month, a federal jury in Ohio convicted Parrett on conspiracy, securities and wire fraud, and money laundering.

Parrett, who owned a 6,000-square-foot Carefree mansion and a home in Fountain Hills, returned to Arizona on bond to await sentencing. Deputy U.S. Marshal Matt Hershey says she disappeared before a pretrial services officer went to visit her home at the end of March. Parrett's husband claimed she had gone to Sedona two weeks prior and hasn't been seen since, according to Hershey.

Federal court records indicate a confidential informant told the FBI last week the co-defendants, including Parrett, planned to meet in Aruba after the conviction. Her four co-defendants have since been arrested. If you see Rebecca Parrett, you are urged to call U.S. Marshals

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2008/04/08/20080408parrettfolo04082008-CR.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2008, 09:24:24 AM »

Executive missing after fraud conviction

Authorities are searching for a Carefree woman convicted on fraud charges in connection with a health care investment scheme likened to the Enron and WorldCom scandals.

Rebecca Parrett, 58, who has residences in Carefree and the Columbus, Ohio, area, was convicted last month of nine fraud-related counts that bilked investors out of nearly $2 billion.

Parrett, who formerly held executive positions with now-defunct National Century Financial Enterprises, failed to appear for a hearing in U.S. District Court in Phoenix on March 20.

Parrett had not been wearing the electronic monitoring device required by the court after her conviction in Ohio last month, according to Andrew Shadwick, deputy U.S. marshal of the U.S. Marshals Service in Ohio.

After her trial, Parrett was allowed to leave Ohio for Arizona, Shadwick said.

Parrett is facing a maximum possible sentence of 75 years in prison and up to a $2.5 million fine, according to Fred Alverson, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in southern Ohio.

The scam, which was far-reaching nationally, caused Arizona health care organizations and investors to lose more than $100 million, according to Kathy Patrick, a Houston-based lawyer who represents companies and organizations victimized in the scam.

The scam is believed to be the biggest investment-fraud scandal among private companies in U.S. history, Patrick said.

“I often say this is the biggest case you’ve never heard of,” Patrick said.

She told the Tribune on Tuesday that she is representing 30 institutions in Arizona and about 100 local government entities that invested with National Century through the Local Government Investment Program.

Prosecutors argued that executives of the company authorized millions in unsecured loans to health care providers, then misled investors about the loans.

The government said company executives moved money between accounts to cover shortfalls, fabricated data and loaded false information on a company computer system.

Anyone who has information on Parrett’s whereabouts can call the U.S. Marshals office in Phoenix at (602) 382-8767 or in Ohio at (614) 469-5540.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/113326

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
crazybabyborg
« Reply #550 on: April 09, 2008, 09:37:43 AM »

Morning All! I'm happy to read that tourists in Aruba are facing some difficulty navigating the airport. Anything to discourage tourism that is even indirectly connected to Natalee is a good thing.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »

Executive missing after fraud conviction

Authorities are searching for a Carefree woman convicted on fraud charges in connection with a health care investment scheme likened to the Enron and WorldCom scandals.

Rebecca Parrett, 58, who has residences in Carefree and the Columbus, Ohio, area, was convicted last month of nine fraud-related counts that bilked investors out of nearly $2 billion.

Parrett, who formerly held executive positions with now-defunct National Century Financial Enterprises, failed to appear for a hearing in U.S. District Court in Phoenix on March 20.

Parrett had not been wearing the electronic monitoring device required by the court after her conviction in Ohio last month, according to Andrew Shadwick, deputy U.S. marshal of the U.S. Marshals Service in Ohio.

After her trial, Parrett was allowed to leave Ohio for Arizona, Shadwick said.

Parrett is facing a maximum possible sentence of 75 years in prison and up to a $2.5 million fine, according to Fred Alverson, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in southern Ohio.

The scam, which was far-reaching nationally, caused Arizona health care organizations and investors to lose more than $100 million, according to Kathy Patrick, a Houston-based lawyer who represents companies and organizations victimized in the scam.

The scam is believed to be the biggest investment-fraud scandal among private companies in U.S. history, Patrick said.

“I often say this is the biggest case you’ve never heard of,” Patrick said.

She told the Tribune on Tuesday that she is representing 30 institutions in Arizona and about 100 local government entities that invested with National Century through the Local Government Investment Program.

Prosecutors argued that executives of the company authorized millions in unsecured loans to health care providers, then misled investors about the loans.

The government said company executives moved money between accounts to cover shortfalls, fabricated data and loaded false information on a company computer system.

Anyone who has information on Parrett’s whereabouts can call the U.S. Marshals office in Phoenix at (602) 382-8767 or in Ohio at (614) 469-5540.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/113326

Whoa Nelly!!....wow...she looks...rode hard..n' put up wet....
She'll fit right in with the *powers that be* in Aruba...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #552 on: April 09, 2008, 10:09:22 AM »

Morning All! I'm happy to read that tourists in Aruba are facing some difficulty navigating the airport. Anything to discourage tourism that is even indirectly connected to Natalee is a good thing.

Mornin' to You CBB...yep...just anudder day in scaradise on one crappy island....

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: April 09, 2008, 10:42:51 AM »

That is quite a different story compared to the Amigoe article back in November 2005 entitled, “Radar-system not watertight”.
 I can't find this artical

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2006/03/28/gerold-dompig-states-in-48-hours-interview-that-radar-system-in-full-proof-really/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: April 09, 2008, 11:17:18 AM »

Amigoe.com
Absolutely proof positive that the boycott is working! Now all we need is for the "strikers" to publicly DEMAND that the government admit WHY they have no money -- their cover-up and denial of the Natalee Holloway situation.

The Aruban people made a choice on July 6, 2005 in regards to where they stand on the Natalee Holloway issue ...

Janet

+++++++++++++++

Some Arubans angry at Holloway’s mom
Calling brothers ‘criminals’ elicits resentment, statement from lawyer

MSNBC staff and news service reports
updated 6:56 p.m. PT, Wed., July. 6, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8484217/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2008, 11:18:59 AM »

Mrpinkproductions
Whois History: 27 records have been archived since 2005-05-30. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2068.0

Wasn't Paul VDS' visit to Miami around August 11th 2005?

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »

On July 5, 2005 ... the Aruban people negated an anquished Mother's plea in a mass demonstration supporting the Aruban Justice System.  The Aruban people made a stand and ... demanding justice for Natalee Holloway was not where it was at.

Janet

++++++++++++

Beth Holloway Twitty
CNN LIVE TODAY
July 5, 2005

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: It is now that I ask the world to help me. Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter. These criminals are not only allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens of Aruba, but there are no limits where they may choose to travel.

I am asking all mothers and fathers and all nations to hear my plea. I implore you, do not allow these two suspects, the Kalpoe brothers, to enter your country until this case is solved. Do not allow these criminals to walk among your citizens. Help me by not allowing these two to get away with this crime.

It is my greatest fear today that the Kalpoe brothers will leave Aruba. I am asking the Aruban officials to notify the United States State Department in the event these suspects try to leave this island. I am asking all nations not to offer them a safe haven. I am asking this in the name of my beautiful, intelligent and outstanding daughter who I haven't seen for 36 days and for whom I will continue to search until I find her.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/05/lt.03.html

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE

Page 157/158

No one is breathing.  Or Moving.  Reporters and camera people are crying.  The media hve been here more than a month, and they've seen firsthand what we've experienced.  They are moved by this plea.  But some of the Arubans are not.  Calling their local sons "criminals" offends them.  Having just heard the prosecuting attorney tell us at least one of the Kalpoes could be involved in whatever happened to my daughter.  I felt the term seemed appropriate.  But it led to an abrupt change in the tide of support.

<snipped:

Not long after the "criminals speech," some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee.  A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media.  We've worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn.  And they let us know they've had it.  The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media.  And to combat us.

John Merryweather
'Scarborough Country'
July 6, 2005

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT:  Well, first—no, no, first of all, I'd like to answer why I was at the—not protest.  It was a gathering in support of our justice system.  It was not a protest.  It never started out as a protest either.  I would like that to be very, very clear.  When I was there, I hadn't heard what the comments of Natalee's mother either of the day.  I was asked that after I was there.  I went there.  I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system.

<snipped?

SCARBOROUGH:  No, what did Natalee's mother say that offended so many people in Aruba?   

MERRYWEATHER:  Well, you know, it—it—it offended me, also.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8498049/

Beth Holloway Twitty
CNN - LAW CENTER
July 8, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- The mother of Natalee Holloway apologized Friday for saying two released suspects were involved in her daughter's disappearance.

"The statements I made on July 5th were fueled by despair and frustration because of still not knowing where my daughter is," Beth Holloway Twitty said in a statement to the media. "I think everyone, everyone can sympathize with that."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/08/missing.aruba/index.html

_____

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

Third Emergency landing of an American Airlines boeing 757 in less than 6 months in Aruba, the second in 3 weeks. Third Emergency landing of an American Airlines... 
Added: April 08, 2008

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHlKqLYiZo8

*******,  I saw another video that showed the plane landing.  I would not want to land in Aruba during this type of emergency.  Many years ago I was a crew member aboard an airliner with a similar situation.  The hydraulic gear was down, but they could not confirm that it was locked in placed.  This could have resulted in a belly landing had the gear not been locked. This occurred on arrival in Denver.  Prior to our landing the runways were foamed, and as we touched down until we stopped there were 6 fire trucks on either side of us following us  parallel down the run way.  I was a passenger arriving in San  Francisco when we had a similar situation.  At no time did they wait until we had already landed until the fire trucks started moving.  Scares me to watch this video. 

Thanks for saving me the drama of watching.  After 17 years in that industry, I still hate to fly. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »

can someone please post that pic again that we saw earlier this week of Nat with a couple of her friends in the outfit she wore that fateful night with those long earrings on? And, could someone ask her family if those earrings were something she brought from home or if they were acquired on Aruba... Thanks...

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2008, 12:12:20 PM »

www.24ora.com

Some of the comments.  I doubt that last one is really Joran 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.