April 27, 2024, 11:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #746 4/4 - 4/11/08  (Read 345440 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: April 10, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »

Klaas went you have a moment could you please edit in Missing Persons Vincent Lettieri BODY FOUND Thank you

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #761 on: April 10, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »

Sorry. No Inmate Named DAURY RODRIGUEZ Race: unspecified Sex: unspecified found.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

I'll try something else.

All my requests submitted...gave me results for 4 active imates with the name of DAVID RODRIGUEZ.

My guess is Daury would not be in an actual prison yet.  He's being detained at the local jail or some DEA/FBI facility, IMO.

I found 56 David Rodriguezs  and all were white except one guy that was black. Not even sure what race Daury would be considered... maybe Indian???? ...> no clue.

Rob...I know what's wrong...we should be typing in Paulus van der Sloot...LOL

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #762 on: April 10, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

Sorry. No Inmate Named DAURY RODRIGUEZ Race: unspecified Sex: unspecified found.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

I'll try something else.

All my requests submitted...gave me results for 4 active imates with the name of DAVID RODRIGUEZ.

My guess is Daury would not be in an actual prison yet.  He's being detained at the local jail or some DEA/FBI facility, IMO.

I found 56 David Rodriguezs  and all were white except one guy that was black. Not even sure what race Daury would be considered... maybe Indian???? ...> no clue.

Rob...I know what's wrong...we should be typing in Paulus van der Sloot...LOL

OMG!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Good One Des!!!! Good One... 

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

3 Recent *large heroin busts*...full stories

http://search.nj.com/sp?keywords=large+heroin+bust&t=s&sDir=asc&sId=0&aff=100

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #764 on: April 10, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

Klaas...I found 2 for 1/30/2005, but the page is not found.  Strange!!!!

Roswell...I think and Manville NJ

Has to be AFTER February 4, 2008

Actually, the raid on the home in NJ could have been prior to 2/4/08 and his arrest after.

Those 2 are Jan 30th. Roselle and Manville - this one distribution

Wonder if their site is hacked!..Think it was Somerset County
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: April 10, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »

JORAN'S WITNESS STATEMENT - MAY 31, 2005

In February, 2008 ... if Jug and Beth's contentions were that Dennis Jacobs had interrogated them both on June 1, 2005 in regards to "seizures" and ... Joran was claiming in the Devries' video recording that Natalee was "shaking" ... I would assume that the Hans Mos would have presented Joran's May 31, 2005 signed witness statement to the ruling three judge panel ... the May 31, 2005 signed witness statement which Joran refers to in his June 9, 2005 suspect statement .... the May 31, 2005 signed witness statement which Paulus refers to in his June 23, 2005 suspect statement.

If Joran's May 31, 2005 witness statement was not or could not have been presented to the judges in February, 2008 for their consideration when deciding whether or not to detain Joran ...

Sometimes I could just scream!!

Janet

++++++++++++

February 15, 2008
Court of Appeal upholds lower judge’s decision not to detain J.v.d.S.
J.v.d.S remains prime suspect
Judicial investigation continues

The Court of Appeal announced by the end of yesterday, February 14th, 2008, its decision to uphold the refusal by the investigating judge to order pre-trial detention of J.v.d.S. in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Office of the Public Prosecutor had requested such an order after the “Peter R de Vries-tapes” had been received by the Office and had been evaluated. Last week the Office appealed the ruling of refusal by the judge.

The reasons underlying the Court’s decision are the following. The Court has seen the visual materials, has listened to the audio materials and has inspected the verbatim reports. Based on that, the Court is of the opinion that there is a lack of sufficient facts and circumstances substantiating serious grounds for the suspicion of the suspect’s involvement in the crimes for which he is being held responsible by the prosecution. The Court will generally be a bit more hesitant when it has to decide on a new request for pre-trial detention of a suspect, when that same suspect has been detained repeatedly before and there has been a considerable lapse of time.

J.v.d.S. has given extensive and detailed statements in Patrick van der Eem’s car, the undercover citizen who worked for Peter R. de Vries, on what happened during the night of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Nevertheless the Court sees various reasons not to accept the serious grounds of suspicion which are statutorily required for pre-trial detention. One of them is the history of contradictory statements by J.v.d.S., which were belied repeatedly by objective findings.

At this moment those parts of the statements made in Van der Eem’s car which contain new elements are not being underpinned by objective findings. Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the “car-statements.”

On the pre-trial detention issue the Code of criminal procedure does not provide for further appeals. The effect of the Court decision is that J.v.d.S. cannot be (re)arrested. The investigation of the Natalee Holloway case continues. J.v.d.S. is again the prime suspect.

At the end of the investigation the Office of the Public Prosecution will decide whether to charge or not.

Beth Twitty
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
September 14, 2005

TWITTY: Well, Rita, like I said, we‘ve been worried as early as June 1 when we saw torn statements at a police station. We‘ve had falsified documents. I mean, we‘ve seen key elements omitted from uniformed police officers‘ statements. We‘ve had a D.E.A. whose statement was never taken.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9354188/

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE
Page 76

The detective takes a seat at his desk and sorts through some papers before getting ready to type at his computer keyboard.  It's quiet.  I am very cold, waiting for him to begin.  As I stare at the torn documents on the table, the words Joran van der Sloot jump right off one of the ripped pager at me and pierce my eyes.  It's Joran's witness statement, torn up, lying in plain view.   So he has been here.  He has given his statement.  It has been destroyed for some reason.  Did he change his mind?   Can you even do that?  Did someone come along and decide it wasn't in Joran's best interest to go on record about what happened to Natalee?  I wonder if the father, Paulus, has been here.  It's disarming.  And I have so many questions about this pile of torn papers.  But I don't know enough about law -- certainly not Dutch law -- to underatand what it might mean to destroy a witness statement.

Joran van der Sloot
Suspect Statement
June 9, 2005

May 31, 2005

Then my father explained to Bob that I had been the last person that was seen with the girl and that I had to go and make a statement to the police.  At approximately 11.15 am my father and me left the school grounds and we went to the police station in Bubali.

... At approximately 16.00 pm, we were finished at the police station in Bubali.

Paulus Van der Sloot
Suspect Statement
June 23, 2005

May 31, 2005

... We then departed for the police station in Bubali where we
arrived at approximately 11.00 hours. Jacobs and Kelly took down Joran's statement.

... At approximately 14.00 hours Joran signed his statement ...

John Kelly
On the Record w/ Greta
February 20, 2008

KELLY:  Let me throw one more thing in on that Greta.  On May 31st, Joran was the first person interviewed by Jacobs when he's taking statements. Every police report subsequent to that, the statements made by Deepak, made by Satish, made by Beth that day, we have them all, there is no statement from Joran until June 9th.
Transcript: Heli (RU)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Twi7-8OqS4

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2629.msg353920;topicseen#msg353920

Beth Holloway
On the Record w/ Greta
February 7, 2008

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you think, if the Aruban police asked that question within 48 hours of Natalee disappearing, and now we hear it on the tape with Joran two-and-a-half or three-and-a-half years later, whatever it is by now — do you think the Aruban police heard him say that? Do you think he told that to the Aruban police that night when they talked to him?

HOLLOWAY: I have absolutely no doubt that the only reason why that question was asked of us was they had a confession or an admission of this from Joran Van Der Sloot himself. So definitely. There is no way that we cannot tie what Joran said — you know, no way that we cannot tie when Joran said during that taped interview to what was asked of us from Dennis Jacobs not — within 48 hours. Absolutely. Absolutely, they knew.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329348,00.html

Beth Holloway
DATELINE
February 23, 2008

Beth Holloway: The facts are within 48 hours of Natalee's disappearance, a lead detective asked me if she had a history of epilepsy or seizures. Two and a half years later, the main suspect himself, admits that Natalee -- he felt as if she suffered an epilepsy or seizure. And he even indicates how she's shaking. So, if we look at just that one-- just that one piece, that's one thread out of a lot. Then, I have to say yes, there definitely was some collusion and corruption going on in the early days of Natalee's disappearance. Absolutely.

However, according to the prosecutor's office it's standard procedure to ask if a missing person might have a seizure disorder.

Police and prosecution officials declined on-camera interviews, but have consistently denied that there was any corruption, collusion or mishandling of the investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23301056/page/6/

Jug Twitty
NANCY GRACE
February 15, 2008

HUGHES: Well, Jug, my heart goes out to you and your family. I`m so sorry for this tragedy. You mentioned a little earlier that you think this has been a cover-up and a conspiracy from the very beginning. Can you just let our viewers know a couple of examples that makes you feel that way?

TWITTY: Well, I mean, I`ve said it several times, you know, to go over it again, but in the beginning, you know, they ask us questions about the epilepsy and everything, which you wouldn`t normally ask somebody that right out of the chute. So they knew like the second night that she probably wasn`t alive.

And then, just like all the stuff like when all the people that were there, all the people that came with me to help, they never even questioned us for two weeks. If they wanted an answer, they could have got a lot of the answers about the deal about the 4:00 in the morning when he said he picked him up at McDonald`s. There were a lot of those answers there that they could have had if they wanted them. And just I think they got in it early to, you know, cover up, and they just had to cover their tracks all the way through.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: April 10, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »

Could just be a coincidence but a possible relative?  My thought is the drug raid went down and someone squealed giving up Daury's name.  Daury might have been coming to the US for an interview after Joran's confession tape.  DEA put out an order to have him arrested if he entered the US:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/3_elizabeth_drug_networks_shut.html

3 Elizabeth drug networks shut down, authorities say
by Jonathan Casiano/The Star-Ledger
Thursday January 24, 2008, 3:53 PM
Three longtime Elizabeth drug networks were taken down early this morning in a series of busts that netted cash, guns and large quantities of heroin and cocaine, authorities said.

Dubbed "Operation Old School" because its main targets had been peddling wholesale drugs in the city for years, the investigation focused on complaints of heavy drug dealing around a city park and a public housing complex near the Goethals Bridge.

Today's raids brought in a dozen alleged dealers and drugs worth more than $200,000 on the street, an amount authorities say the dealers would have turned around in less than a week.

"These particular operations have been going on for years," said Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow. "Some of the individuals we're talking about have been around for 20 years."

The three alleged main suppliers are Curtis Neal, 36, of Perth Amboy, Anibal Rodriguez, 31, of Easton, Pa., and Anthony Hopson, 33, of Elizabeth. Authorities say the men ran three distinct drug operations, but were together responsible for pumping a steady stream of cocaine and heroin into the area around Jefferson Park and the Mravlag Manor housing complex.

Read more in Friday's Star-Ledger.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #767 on: April 10, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »

Name     Register
Number    Age    Race    Sex    Release Date
 Actual  /  Projected    Location

1.    ANIBAL RODRIGUEZ    41914-004    50    White    M    03-03-1995         RELEASED

2.    ANIBAL TRISTAN RODRIGUEZ    37273-177    33    White    M         UNKNOWN    IN TRANSIT

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #768 on: April 10, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »

Name     Register
Number    Age    Race    Sex    Release Date
 Actual  /  Projected    Location

1.    ANIBAL RODRIGUEZ    41914-004    50    White    M    03-03-1995         RELEASED

2.    ANIBAL TRISTAN RODRIGUEZ    37273-177    33    White    M         UNKNOWN    IN TRANSIT

I think it could be the second one... it says in transit. He's a former inmate and might be on probation and that could have been revoked with this arrest. He might be remanded to the Fed Lock-up.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #769 on: April 10, 2008, 03:35:36 PM »

not finding an Anibal Rodriguez on Aruba.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »

Could just be a coincidence but a possible relative?  My thought is the drug raid went down and someone squealed giving up Daury's name.  Daury might have been coming to the US for an interview after Joran's confession tape.  DEA put out an order to have him arrested if he entered the US:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/3_elizabeth_drug_networks_shut.html

3 Elizabeth drug networks shut down, authorities say
by Jonathan Casiano/The Star-Ledger
Thursday January 24, 2008, 3:53 PM
Three longtime Elizabeth drug networks were taken down early this morning in a series of busts that netted cash, guns and large quantities of heroin and cocaine, authorities said.

Dubbed "Operation Old School" because its main targets had been peddling wholesale drugs in the city for years, the investigation focused on complaints of heavy drug dealing around a city park and a public housing complex near the Goethals Bridge.

Today's raids brought in a dozen alleged dealers and drugs worth more than $200,000 on the street, an amount authorities say the dealers would have turned around in less than a week.

"These particular operations have been going on for years," said Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow. "Some of the individuals we're talking about have been around for 20 years."

The three alleged main suppliers are Curtis Neal, 36, of Perth Amboy, Anibal Rodriguez, 31, of Easton, Pa., and Anthony Hopson, 33, of Elizabeth. Authorities say the men ran three distinct drug operations, but were together responsible for pumping a steady stream of cocaine and heroin into the area around Jefferson Park and the Mravlag Manor housing complex.

Read more in Friday's Star-Ledger.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/nwk012408.html

For Immediate Release:
Thursday, January 24, 2008
For further Information Contact:
Special Agent Douglas S. Collier,
Public Information Officer
TEL: (973) 776-1143
CEL: (862) 849-9833

DEA, HIDTA, Union County, Elizabeth, Hillside, Linden PD’s Together Execute Operation: “Old School”

JAN 24 -- (Newark, NJ) - Gerard P. McAleer, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) New Jersey Division, and Union County Prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow announced today the dismantling of three (3) distinct illegal narcotics enterprises in the City of Elizabeth, New Jersey. This was a seven month investigation which resulted in 18 individuals arrested facing both state and federal charges.

The investigation focused on the mid-level dealers who provide the link between the upper-level dealers who imported illegal narcotics into the country and the street-level dealers who peddle it on corners of crime-ridden neighborhoods.

The most recent arrests occurred this morning when at 5:45 a.m. over 100 police officers from 7 different law enforcement agencies, including 5 SWAT teams, conducted simultaneous raids on 8 locations in Elizabeth. Eleven people were arrested, 4 guns confiscated and heroin with an approximate street value of $116,000+, cocaine with a street value of $100,000 and $15,300 in cash were seized. The 400 grams of heroin seized was in a pure form and requires laboratory analysis to determine its degree of purity. Including the arrests and seizures that occurred in October, December and early January as part of the same investigation, the total amount of seizures rises to $203,500+ worth of heroin (street value), $100,000 worth of cocaine (street value), $30,500 in cash and 4 guns with a total of 19 people arrested.

According to Gerard P. McAleer, Special Agent in Charge of the DEA’s New Jersey Division, “This investigation knows no boundaries. It extends beyond Elizabeth, beyond Union County and beyond New Jersey. We will continue to investigate this to the source country.”

Anibal Rodriguez’ street-level dealers were also identified and charged. Charged are his brother, Alniva “Julio” Rodriguez, Lamont Long, Rocky Lyles, Craig Pearson, Barry Warren and Dijuant Williams.

Two of Rodriguez’ suppliers have also been identified as Curtis Neal of Perthy Amboy, and Ramon Reyes were arrested and charged in December when they purchased 150 bricks of heroin (7500 individual bags) from a New York supplier. That heroin had a street value of $75,000.” The man from New York from whom he purchased the drugs has also been arrested and charged. Neal and Reyes are currently facing federal charges.

One of Rodriguez’ street-level dealers is identified as Rocky Lyles. Lyles was arrested and charged in October, 2007 after he attempted to retrieve the jacket of a three-year-old girl from a day care center in Elizabeth. The jacket belonged to the daughter of Lyles’ girlfriend. The child had already handed the 27 bags of heroin she found in her pocket to her teacher who alerted police. Among other things, Lyles is charged with endangering the welfare of a minor.

Karnell Wilson has also been identified as a supplier for Anibal Rodriguez. Wilson is part of an organization centered around Anthony Hopson. This organization provides heroin primarily to the area of Jackson Avenue and Bond Street and Jefferson Park in Elizabeth. Hopson is joined by his nephew, Khiah Hopson originally from Georgia who acts as his right-hand man. Wilson and Anthony and Khiah Hopson supplied and shared suppliers with other mid-level drug dealers inside and outside of Elizabeth. Some of their “customers” include Robert “Bobby” Franklin, Ryshane Graves and Manuel Veras---all of whom have been arrested and charged.

This investigation involved the cooperation of several agencies besides the others already mentioned. These include: Newark Police Department, the U.S. Marshal’s Service and officers from various local police departments throughout the state who are assigned temporarily to the DEA’s High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force.

Despite these charges every defendant is presumed innocent, unless and until found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, following a trial at which the defendant has all of the trial rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and State law.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: April 10, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »

Then there is Freddy's sixth and seventh witness statements.

In February, 2008 did Hans Mos present the three judge panel with Freddie's sixth and seventh statements where Joran ... in own words ... reveals that Freddy's words concur with his words in the Devries video recording which pertain to "shaking."

Janet

++++++++++

February 15, 2008
Court of Appeal upholds lower judge’s decision not to detain J.v.d.S.
J.v.d.S remains prime suspect
Judicial investigation continues

The Court of Appeal announced by the end of yesterday, February 14th, 2008, its decision to uphold the refusal by the investigating judge to order pre-trial detention of J.v.d.S. in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Office of the Public Prosecutor had requested such an order after the “Peter R de Vries-tapes” had been received by the Office and had been evaluated. Last week the Office appealed the ruling of refusal by the judge.

The reasons underlying the Court’s decision are the following. The Court has seen the visual materials, has listened to the audio materials and has inspected the verbatim reports. Based on that, the Court is of the opinion that there is a lack of sufficient facts and circumstances substantiating serious grounds for the suspicion of the suspect’s involvement in the crimes for which he is being held responsible by the prosecution. The Court will generally be a bit more hesitant when it has to decide on a new request for pre-trial detention of a suspect, when that same suspect has been detained repeatedly before and there has been a considerable lapse of time.

J.v.d.S. has given extensive and detailed statements in Patrick van der Eem’s car, the undercover citizen who worked for Peter R. de Vries, on what happened during the night of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Nevertheless the Court sees various reasons not to accept the serious grounds of suspicion which are statutorily required for pre-trial detention. One of them is the history of contradictory statements by J.v.d.S., which were belied repeatedly by objective findings.

At this moment those parts of the statements made in Van der Eem’s car which contain new elements are not being underpinned by objective findings. Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the “car-statements.”

On the pre-trial detention issue the Code of criminal procedure does not provide for further appeals. The effect of the Court decision is that J.v.d.S. cannot be (re)arrested. The investigation of the Natalee Holloway case continues. J.v.d.S. is again the prime suspect.

At the end of the investigation the Office of the Public Prosecution will decide whether to charge or not.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2605.msg350819;topicseen#msg350819

Joran van der Sloot
De Zaak Natalee Holloway
Page 160/161

After Freddy's second statement on June 13th at 18:30, in which he keeps insisting that I told him the first story already on May 30th, the police confront us as best friends with each other.  Some further statements follow after that.  In the end Freddy states in his 6th and 7th statements that I have told him that Natalee went unconscious several times and did not regain consciousness at a certain moment, that I tried to wake her up by shaking her but that but this also did not work.Unofficial Engish translation

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #772 on: April 10, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »

not finding an Anibal Rodriguez on Aruba.

found one in Puerto Rico

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A202P79PDLETZ9

one in Florida
federal assistance program
http://www.fedspending.org/faads/faads.php?recip_id=646267&detail=-1

Top 10 Recipients
NORMA S & ANIBAL RODRIGUEZ   $17,800

Recipient Type
Individuals   $17,800
Nonprofits   $0
Other   $0
Higher Education   $0
Government   $0
For Profits   $0

Assistance Type
Loans (both direct and guaranteed)   $17,800
Other   $0
Insurance   $0
Grants and Cooperative Agreements   $0
Direct Payments (both specified and unrestricted)

-another one associated with a music band

and then there is this

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/nwk012408.html

News Release [print friendly page]
For Immediate Release:
Thursday, January 24, 2008
For further Information Contact:
Special Agent Douglas S. Collier,
Public Information Officer
TEL: (973) 776-1143
CEL: (862) 849-9833

DEA, HIDTA, Union County, Elizabeth, Hillside, Linden PD’s Together Execute Operation: “Old School”

JAN 24 -- (Newark, NJ) - Gerard P. McAleer, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) New Jersey Division, and Union County Prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow announced today the dismantling of three (3) distinct illegal narcotics enterprises in the City of Elizabeth, New Jersey. This was a seven month investigation which resulted in 18 individuals arrested facing both state and federal charges.

The investigation focused on the mid-level dealers who provide the link between the upper-level dealers who imported illegal narcotics into the country and the street-level dealers who peddle it on corners of crime-ridden neighborhoods.

The most recent arrests occurred this morning when at 5:45 a.m. over 100 police officers from 7 different law enforcement agencies, including 5 SWAT teams, conducted simultaneous raids on 8 locations in Elizabeth. Eleven people were arrested, 4 guns confiscated and heroin with an approximate street value of $116,000+, cocaine with a street value of $100,000 and $15,300 in cash were seized. The 400 grams of heroin seized was in a pure form and requires laboratory analysis to determine its degree of purity. Including the arrests and seizures that occurred in October, December and early January as part of the same investigation, the total amount of seizures rises to $203,500+ worth of heroin (street value), $100,000 worth of cocaine (street value), $30,500 in cash and 4 guns with a total of 19 people arrested.

According to Gerard P. McAleer, Special Agent in Charge of the DEA’s New Jersey Division, “This investigation knows no boundaries. It extends beyond Elizabeth, beyond Union County and beyond New Jersey. We will continue to investigate this to the source country.”

Anibal Rodriguez’ street-level dealers were also identified and charged. Charged are his brother, Alniva “Julio” Rodriguez, Lamont Long, Rocky Lyles, Craig Pearson, Barry Warren and Dijuant Williams.

Two of Rodriguez’ suppliers have also been identified as Curtis Neal of Perthy Amboy, and Ramon Reyes were arrested and charged in December when they purchased 150 bricks of heroin (7500 individual bags) from a New York supplier. That heroin had a street value of $75,000.” The man from New York from whom he purchased the drugs has also been arrested and charged. Neal and Reyes are currently facing federal charges.

One of Rodriguez’ street-level dealers is identified as Rocky Lyles. Lyles was arrested and charged in October, 2007 after he attempted to retrieve the jacket of a three-year-old girl from a day care center in Elizabeth. The jacket belonged to the daughter of Lyles’ girlfriend. The child had already handed the 27 bags of heroin she found in her pocket to her teacher who alerted police. Among other things, Lyles is charged with endangering the welfare of a minor.

Karnell Wilson has also been identified as a supplier for Anibal Rodriguez. Wilson is part of an organization centered around Anthony Hopson. This organization provides heroin primarily to the area of Jackson Avenue and Bond Street and Jefferson Park in Elizabeth. Hopson is joined by his nephew, Khiah Hopson originally from Georgia who acts as his right-hand man. Wilson and Anthony and Khiah Hopson supplied and shared suppliers with other mid-level drug dealers inside and outside of Elizabeth. Some of their “customers” include Robert “Bobby” Franklin, Ryshane Graves and Manuel Veras---all of whom have been arrested and charged.

This investigation involved the cooperation of several agencies besides the others already mentioned. These include: Newark Police Department, the U.S. Marshal’s Service and officers from various local police departments throughout the state who are assigned temporarily to the DEA’s High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force.

Despite these charges every defendant is presumed innocent, unless and until found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, following a trial at which the defendant has all of the trial rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and State law.

+++

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: April 10, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »

Google search tells me that Anibal is a dutch name...and I'm looking into some Anibal Rodriguez sites too...

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #774 on: April 10, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »

Is Daury's first name really Daury? anyone, anyone, Bueller?

+++

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: April 10, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »

Wonder if this half a million one is related at Newark airport in March

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerarchives/2008/03/feds_airport_workers_in_heroin.html

Feds: Airport workers in heroin ring
Posted by Ted Sherman March 24, 2008 9:14PM
Categories: Crime
Amid growing questions over the level of security on the tarmac at Newark Liberty International Airport, two more airline workers were under arrest yesterday -- this time charged with conspiring to smuggle bundles of heroin aboard a number of Continental commercial flights from South America.

The two men, both Continental employees, were believed to be part of an international narcotics trafficking organization with ties to El Salvador and Colombia, authorities said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Dennis Carletta said the investigation is continuing.

Charged were Jose Moreno, 43, of Kenilworth, a Continental ramp employee, and Joseph Muniz, 55, of Perth Amboy, a Continental mechanic. Muniz, who had unfettered access to Continental aircraft, helped Moreno retrieve heroin hidden aboard flights from Colombia and El Salvador, with the two getting $5,000 for each shipment, according to special agents with the Department of Homeland Security.

In a criminal complaint outlining the scheme, authorities said one shipment of drugs was hidden within a life preserver compartment aboard a plane from Cali, Colombia, to Newark. The plane was then allowed to continue on to Houston on a domestic flight before anyone tried to retrieve the illicit cargo -- a delay that was aimed at eluding surveillance by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Agents subsequently found two taped brick-shaped objects containing nearly two pounds of heroin with a street value of more than $500,000.

The arrests of Moreno and Muniz came less than a week after federal authorities detailed a separate plot by airline baggage handlers to steal and counterfeit $2 million in U.S. Treasury checks from the cargo holds of flights at Newark Liberty.

The counterfeiting scam, detailed last week in The Star-Ledger, raised concerns among those involved in the drug smuggling scheme. In the criminal complaint filed yesterday, Muniz was caught on tape last week expressing reluctance to go to the airport to search an incoming flight when he was not scheduled to work.

"I can't be here when it isn't my shift because this place is very hot," he was quoted in the federal complaint. "Do you know what happened now? They caught some guys from cargo and from the ramp stealing checks. It's in The Star-Ledger."

Moreno had his own worries, according to the complaint. He was under increasing pressure from those responsible for shipping the drugs, and feared he would be blamed for stealing the heroin when Muniz failed to retrieve the delivery last week.

In another taped call, he told a still-unidentified player in the alleged conspiracy that he was having problems getting drugs off the jet from Cali. Using code words, he referred to the cargo compartment where the bricks of heroin were stored as "the apartment."

"Listen, this girl was here twice," he said, referring to the aircraft that flew into Newark, and then continued on to Houston. "This guy (Muniz) was not in the apartment at that time and he was not able to find any excuse to stay in the apartment .¤.¤. because he does not want, well, to get a red flag because everyone is looking a lot."

He later told Muniz he was being pushed to answer for the missing heroin.

"I need to answer for those 800 grams," he told the mechanic.

Muniz responded, "I understand, but brother, I told you from the start, I can't just get on the plane all of a sudden."

"I know ... but they're driving me crazy and calling me," Moreno said.

"I'm not going to let you force me either," Muniz said.

Muniz and Moreno were taken into custody Thursday as they sat in a car near an employee bus stop at Terminal C, and held in federal custody until yesterday, when the criminal complaint was filed.

The men are charged with one count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with the intent to distribute more than 100 grams of heroin -- which carries a penalty of up to 40 years in prison, as well as fines of up $2 million.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Patty Shwartz in Newark set bail at $250,000 for both men during an initial appearance yesterday.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the airport, declined comment. Continental Airlines also said it would have no comment.

Thomas Manifase, deputy special agent in charge of the Newark division of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said there have been a number of drug cases in recent years involving airline employees at Newark Liberty.

"They feel secure. They know the airport. They have the inside information we don't have and can walk in and do things right under our surveillance," he said.

In the case filed yesterday, he said investigators believe there were multi-kilo shipments that came through the airport over at least the past year.

"These guys used their secure access for illicit gains," he said.

katrien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #776 on: April 10, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »

In his first article Henk Strootman wrote this:

Breakthrough in Holloway Case?

News from Aruba. I don’t mean the family tragedy in Santa Crux were a drugs addict killed his parents and brother, but I mean the Holloway case.
The team of detectives, investigating the confessions of Joran v.d. Sloot, is tracing a man being lockup in the USA for a drugs crime. The police have indications he might be the one driving the little boat taking Natalee to the open sea. In the coming days it has to become clear weather this is a hot track or a wrong track.
But from the fact it the track is treated as a so called “embargo-investigation” (an investigation carefully separated, even for colleague police-officers), the conclusion could be taken that this information is rather serious.
Is it possible that after all this Daury really exists?

He is writing about Daury in this article.  Johan 555 wrote this in the rebound thread:

johan555
Scared Monkey

Re: Natalee Holloway (in the rebound) DUTCH & English
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2008, 04:01:34 AM »    Quote

Maybe there are more people applying for the name Daury.

Weet iemand of deze David Stacey ( die betrokken was in de MAX ZAAK)
Een 2e huis op aruba had ?
Of was hij daar op vakantie met z'n aangenomen pleegzoon van 32
Deze Stacey zit vast vanwege drugs ,zie bericht hierboven
Joran had het wel over een ouder iemand

weet rob hier wat van ?

In this post Johan 555 asks if someone knows whether this Stacey has a second house on Aruba or if he only was on Aruba spending his holiday there with his 32 year old foster son.
Joran was talking about an older person.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #777 on: April 10, 2008, 03:57:45 PM »

I just went through the DOJ site and there is no reference to a Daury Rodriguez. I did find a Rodriguez that looks just like him wanted in 11 / 07 in Puerto Rico. Seems that guy is still on the run.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #778 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »

I just went through the DOJ site and there is no reference to a Daury Rodriguez. I did find a Rodriguez that looks just like him wanted in 11 / 07 in Puerto Rico. Seems that guy is still on the run.

This isn't him, at least I don't think so.. the birth date doesn't look right.

http://www.usdoj.gov/marshals/district/pr/fugitives/rodriguez.pdf

+++

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: April 10, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »

Is Daury's first name really Daury? anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Anibal and Daury
sittin' in a tree,
Makin' up new names
for you and me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.