March 28, 2024, 07:06:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pray for Justice for Becca McEvoy Deliver Our Children from Evil  (Read 56050 times)
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »

We protested at Government Plaza in Mobile, AL this morning. 2 local TV stations were there and a local paper. Baca Nation offered security and there were 6 protesters carrying signs.

It was heart breaking. A man came up and asked what we were protesting about. We told him about Becca and he softly wispered, "I was raped when I was a little boy. I never told anyone until after I was out of the service." I told him Becca was a very special and brave little girl to have come forward. He asked what he could do to help. I told him, Pray for justice for Becca and write and call our elected officials. It's the good God can bring from this evil. Victim's helping other victims.

You may go to the below link and find all the names and emails you can cut and paste a letter into.

http://lostfacesofthemissing.blogspot.com/2008/09/be-voice-for-becca.html

Sample letter:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to ask you for help. In 2006 8 yr. old Rebecca McEvoy reported being brutally raped and sodomized by her then step-father, Bob Ingle, for over a year of her life.

During the long legal process and many delays Becca tragically died in an unrelated auto accident in Jan 2008. Becca gave testimony twice before a grand jury, she told family and friends, doctors, nurses, counselors, detectives and DHR.

The defense has no defense for their client other than legal wrangling, endless postponements and asking the case be dismissed based on Crawford vs Washington law which states the pedophile has the right to cross examine his accuser (impossible due to her death).  The court has thrown out much important evidence (police statements and the DHR statements & video of Rebecca) due to Crawford vs Washington labeling it hearsay.

The scheduled trial date of 9/22/2008 was delayed, once again, sending all evidence to the Capital for review. The defense has postponed this case for too long. Becca has a right to a trial free from unreasonable delay.

We feel Becca's rights as a victim and citizen are not being duly protected and we would like to respectfully ask that she be given legal counsel, protecting her rights, even though she is not with us anymore. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please consider hosting a bill which would protect the rights of children protecting their right to a trial free from unreasonable delay.

Please feel free to call us with any questions. I look forward to your response to my request.

For more details and media coverage on this case please go to http://www.my.opera.com/rhondawheelus/blog

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »

WKRG Reporter Jessica Taloney told Rhonda the defense had appealed the judges ruling on what is admissible (Becca's friend, Dr's Report and video of Becca) and it has gone to the circuit court of criminal appeals in Montgomery. The family wasn't notified of the appeal they found out through the reporter. No date for trial has been rescheduled. Family was told it could sit in Montgomery for a month or more.

Another last minute stall tactic!

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2008, 07:24:50 PM »

WKRG Reporter Jessica Taloney told Rhonda the defense had appealed the judges ruling on what is admissible (Becca's friend, Dr's Report and video of Becca) and it has gone to the circuit court of criminal appeals in Montgomery. The family wasn't notified of the appeal they found out through the reporter. No date for trial has been rescheduled. Family was told it could sit in Montgomery for a month or more.

Another last minute stall tactic!

This just isn't right Cherry.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
<p><a href="http://download.wkrg.com/09-22-2008_taloney.mp4">WKRG Video</a></p>
<p><br>
  Family not notified of plea to overthrow judges' ruling last Thurs. Found out
  they must officially request the court for a designated representative in order
  to even be notified on any court pleas. Family is in process of having official
  forms sent to them from Montgomery and then sent to the detective and the DA
  registered mail.</p>
<p><br>
  Defense is asking the case be thrown out and the judge's ruling which allowed
  the friend, Dr's and video in. It will be in Montgomery for several months.</p>
<p><br>
  DA said he will now test the mattress for DNA. Why now?</p>
<p><br>
  There's also an eye wittness named Paula who saw Bob Ingle molesting his daughter.
  Detective wants help in finding her. </p>
<p>Click here to listen to Aden &amp; Rhonda on Scaredmonkey's</p>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://files.myopera.com/LorenzoCelsi/files/music/player.swf" id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290">
<param name="movie" value="http://files.myopera.com/LorenzoCelsi/files/music/player.swf">
<param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=1&loop=no&autostart=no&soundFile=http://files.myopera.com/rhondawheelus/blog/092208.mp3">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="menu" value="false">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
</object>
</body>
</html>

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »

This is where our court system, judges, district attorneys, legislators, need to get it together.  Our legal system is just as broken in many respects as our economy and it's up to our elected officials as well as those who are hired or appointed to uphold the law to start upholding the law and modifying it if needed to unclog the system and make sure that victims and society are protected, not just the accused.  Somethings terribly wrong with a system that says if the victim dies, evidence against the accused cannot be used.  As mentioned earlier this year, it sends a very dangerous message to pedophiles, a message that's dangerous to children everywhere. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2008, 12:20:29 PM »

Cherry, I'm getting an error message when I try to pull up the Governor's and Attorney General's forms.  I'll try later, it may be a IE glitch and will work fine later,  but check it for yourself if you have a chance and make sure the links are correct. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »

I haven't spent much time in the forum in the last few months -- car accident (mom, not me), brain surgery (mom,  not me), holidays -- and something made me think about the Becca McEvoy case.  No updates here, so I'll google and see what comes up.  But what's striking is that there are four pages of threads in front of this one.  What on earth are we doing to our children and why can't we stop it? 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/former_police_officer_and_convicted_rapist_committs_suicide/751764/Feb-25-2010_5-27-pm/

Former Police Officer And Convicted Rapist Committs Suicide

Published: Thu, February 25, 2010 - 5:20 pm CST Last Updated: Thu, February 25, 2010 - 5:27 pm CST

MOBILE, Alabama - Sources tell News 5, the former Chickasaw Police Officer facing life in prison for raping his young step-daughter has committed suicide.

Bob Ingle was supposed to be sentenced tomorrow.

Ingle's step-daughter, Rebecca McEvoy was killed in an unrelated car crash one year after she told her best friend about the alleged abuse.

Ingle was arrested in December 2006. He fought to get the charges dropped based on what his attorneys argued was his constitutional right to confront his accuser.

The case faced six delays as the judge and attorneys sorted out what evidence would be allowed.

He was finally convicted last month.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »

Suicide -- not enough.  I'm letting God take care of this one!
 Crying or Very sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.