March 28, 2024, 03:31:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeffrey Blake Stone, 15, Missing Attalla AL, 3/24/2008(BODY FOUND)  (Read 32461 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 05, 2008, 12:19:45 PM »

Search Under Way For Missing Etowah Teen

Apr 03, 2008
Sheriff Todd Entrekin and the Etowah County Sheriff’s Office, along with various county organizations, is conducting a ground and air search for missing 15 year-old Jeffrey Blake Stone.

Blake, a student at Sardis High School, is a white male, 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighs approximately 155 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. His date of birth is December 4, 1992.

He was first reported missing by his stepmother, Lynn Stone, on Monday, March 24th.
Lynn states that her stepson left their residence by foot at 909 Littleton Cuttoff Road, Attalla, at approximately 12:30 p.m. and has not been heard from or seen since that time.

The Sheriff’s Office has received and followed up on several calls stating sightings of Blake.  However, all possible sightings are believed to be false.

Lynn states that Blake became upset after she had asked him to clean his room and subsequently left the residence.  Lynn also states that Blake has left the residence before, but normally returns in a short matter of time.

A command post has been set up at Anchor Baptist Church, located at 14199 Highway 278 West, Attalla, Alabama 35954.

The search is being conducted using all available resources to the Etowah County Sheriff’s Office including: Etowah County Sheriff’s deputies and mounted unit, Etowah County Rescue Squad, several local volunteer fire departments and family and friends of the Stone family.

Update 12:58pm: Over 100 officers from various agencies have been searching a three square mile area near US-78 but the boy has not been located at this time. An air search has been delayed due to weather. There has been no evidence of foul play. Sixty officers will continue the search through the afternoon hours.

http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2008-04-03-0007.html
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:19:55 PM by klaasend » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »

Search on for missing teenager

April 5, 2008

Advertisement - The Lowery Team

Search on for missing teenager
By Elizabeth Summers
The Reporter    

Published April 5, 2008
LITTLETON — More than 60 volunteers and law enforcement officers spent Thursday searching for 15-year-old Jeffrey Blake Stone, who has been missing for nearly two weeks.

Stone was last seen just after noon on March 24 walking along Littleton Cut-off Road near his home with his family pet dog.

Thursday’s full-scale search centered on the family’s home and the last known place Stone was seen, fanning out from there to cover a 10-square-mile area nearby.

“The area is really rural, with lots of caves, streams, hills and wooded areas,” said Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin.

“We have searched hard up until now with the family’s help but nothing has turned up. We have been following up every lead made known to us, but to no avail. Today, we are going to start at ground one and look for him.

“His family has been helping. We have interviewed everyone. The family just would love to find their son and get him back.”

Using helicopters, all-terrain vehicles, horses and on foot, volunteers from the Etowah County Rescue Squad, the Sheriff’s Department and surrounding volunteer fire departments spent the day looking for Stone, described as a 6 foot 3 inch, blond-headed teenager weighing 155 pounds. He is a student at Sardis High School.

Stone’s stepmother reported him missing after he failed to return from a walk March 24. His father was reportedly at work at the time.

>>>>>the complete article
http://www.sandmountainreporter.com/story.lasso?ewcd=9041f617027a6aef

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »

Oh no.....that is some rough terrain up there. I'm very worried about this boy. Two weeks is a long time, and it sounds like he had nothing with him such as food and water if he did get lost in the woods somewhere.
I wonder where the dog is?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »

I guess I should have read the article before posting....the dog came home alone.

If the boy is just wanting to cause a fuss....where is he staying?

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:29:20 PM »

Missing teen featured on Web sites

April 8, 2008
Jeffrey Blake Stone now is featured on national Web sites for missing children as the search continues for the 15-year-old last seen March 24.

The Etowah County Sheriff's Department helicopter was flying Monday afternoon, with the pilot searching the area where at least 100 people searched on the ground on Thursday, Sheriff Todd Entrekin said.

Deputies and investigators also are in the area on foot and on four-wheelers, Entrekin said, searching in some areas not covered in last week's massive search, he said.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20080408/NEWS/804080313/1017/NEWS

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:51:23 PM »

No new leads on missing teenager

April 18, 2008
Dozens of tips have not led to any leads in the disappearance of Jeffrey Blake Stone.

The 15-year-old has been missing more than three weeks.

Stone is featured on national Web sites for missing children. A special investigative unit from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has been in contact with the Etowah County Sheriff’s Department about assisting with a special investigative team, said Jeff Hopper, one of the investigators at the Etowah County Sheriff’s Department working on the case.

Investigators have checked possible sightings and none have panned out.

In the stores where he was reported to have been spotted, investigators have looked at surveillance video and investigators do not believe the sightings are of Stone.

About 100 people helped with an intensive ground search on April 3 but nothing was found to lead to Stone’s whereabouts.

His home is in a rural area, with thick brush, briars and undergrowth, and the terrain has steep hills, caves and ravines. The search was in an area of about a 3-mile radius around Stone’s home.

It is believed Stone took no money or food with him when he left.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20080418/NEWS/510834466/1017/NEWS

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »

15 Year Old Jeffrey Blake Stone Missing in Attalla, AL Since March 24, 2008

post from MissingExploited.com

http://missingexploited.com/2008/04/19/15-year-old-jeffrey-blake-stone-missing-in-attalla-al-since-march-24-2008/

Jeffrey’s stepmother Lynn Stone stated that Blake became upset after she had asked him to clean his room and subsequently left the residence.  She also states that Blake has left the residence before, but normally returns in a short after. So what happened this time to make the situation change? The search for the missing 15 year old Jeffrey Blake Stone has provided few results.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »

Is there any news about this boy? I live in No. Alabama, and there has been no coverage at all. I wouldn't have any idea that he was missing if not for this thread.

I am very worried about him.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 02:29:11 AM »

I'm right next door sort of and if not for this thread, I would have heard nothing at all.

No coverage here to speak of.. at least not what I've seen.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 01:03:52 PM »

Nothing new....but here is a local forum on him you can read along with...
http://community.gadsdentimes.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291074365/m/8911040907

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »

Thanks Nut!  I do appreciate the link.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »

Missing teen’s parents still have no idea where their son is

May 24, 2008

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20080524/NEWS/524435831/1017/NEWS

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 06:15:44 PM »

It's beginning to sound very ominous now. I am really frightened for this boy.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

Search for missing Etowah teen continues

June 3, 2008
GADSDEN — There have been no breaks in the case of the missing 15-year-old boy who was last seen in March near his home in Littleton.

Jeffrey Blake Stone did not return from a walk along Littleton Cut-off Road on March 24. His stepmother Lynn reported him missing, and officers and volunteers conducted a full-scale search, but nothing has turned up.

Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin said new leads are still coming in every week, but nothing has panned out.

“We’re still running every lead, following them,” Entrekin said. “But nothing at all has come up on that.”

Entrekin said all of the leads have come from Etowah County.

Stone is described as a 6 foot 3 inch, blond-headed teenager weighing 155 pounds. He is a student at Sardis High School.

Entrekin had requested anyone with information about Stone and his whereabouts call the sheriff’s department at 546-2825.

http://www.sandmountainreporter.com/story.lasso?ewcd=c20909e1bcbcf08b

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »

Missing Boy Found Dead In Freeze

July 2, 2008 11:31 AM
A grisley story out of Etowah county this morning.

Investigators say they believe the body of 15 year-old Jeffrey Blake Stone was found in a freezer.

Stone was reported missing in late march. Two young men are being questioned by deputies, and charges are expected later today.

The Etowah County Sheriff says the body was found in a chest-type freezer at a home in the Littleton community.

Investigators say they believe Stone was killed and initially buried somewhere else, and then moved to the freezer sometime last week.

The freezer found just down the road from where Stone lived.

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8609709

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Body believed to be Blake Stone is found

Remains believed to be those of 15-year-old Jeffrey Blake Stone were found today in a freezer at a neighbor’s house in the Littleton community, Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin said.

Two neighbors, ages 19 and 22, are in custody, expected to be charged today with murder.

Sheriff’s Department investigators were led to a shallow grave on a logging road just off Rocky Hollow Road near Gallant about 3 p.m. today, Entrekin said.

Evidence there led to a search warrant at 1176 Littleton Cutoff Road, just down the road from where Stone lived with his father and stepmother, Jeff and Lynn Stone.

That location is about 10 miles from Stone’s home on Littleton Cutoff Road, where Stone was last seen.

The 15-year-old, who was a student at Sardis School, was reported missing after he was last seen on March 24.

Sheriff’s Department investigators received a new lead Tuesday morning that led to the grisly discovery, District Attorney Jimmie Harp said.

“Investigators have worked tirelessly since the missing person’s report was filed and from the public’s point of view it might have seemed slow,” Harp said. “But they have worked diligently and never stopped following leads.”

Harp said tonight that the investigation would continue into the night and charges are expected Wednesday.

It is believed that the boy was killed and initially buried at the area on Rocky Hollow Road, Entrekin said. Entrekin said an autopsy will determine how Stone died.

The body was apparently moved within the last week and placed in a chest-type freezer at a neighbor’s house. The body apparently was wrapped in a tarpaulin.

Entrekin said investigators are still trying to determine why the body was moved from the grave to the freezer.

The report of the missing boy led to several searches from law enforcement and others in the community.

“There was real cooperation from the Littleton community and that community is grieving tonight,” Entrekin said.

Experts with the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences were at the house and will have to confirm the identity of the body, Entrekin said.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20080701/NEWS/89321317/1017/NEWS

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:13:16 PM »

Men charged in slaying

July 3, 2008
Two men charged with murder in the death of Jeffrey Blake Stone had planned for weeks to kill him, Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin said.

“They killed him for no other reason than for getting the rush of killing someone,” Entrekin said during a news conference Wednesday.

Nathaniel Wayne Lee, 19, 1176 Littleton Cutoff Road, and Troy Andrew Smiley, 22, 1084 Anna Drive, both near Attalla, were charged with murder Wednesday.

Stone, 15, a student at Sardis High School, often visited at Lee’s home about a quarter-mile from his own.

Stone’s remains were found in a freezer at Lee’s house about 6 p.m. Tuesday, Entrekin said.

Stone had been missing since March 24, a day he was out of school for the Easter holiday. He left his home walking about 12:30 p.m. When he did not return within a couple of hours, his father and stepmother began searching for him.

Within a day, they were passing out fliers and searching all through Etowah County, following any lead they could. They asked Lee to pass out fliers at Gadsden State Community College, where he was enrolled.

Most of those fliers were found in Lee’s house, Entrekin said.

“This is a very sad time for the family of Jeffrey Stone, as well as the community in which he lived,” Entrekin said. “Our prayers go out to them. This murder was a cowardly act of two individuals who took the life of a 15-year-old simply for thrills.”

Investigators now believe when Stone left home, he went to Lee’s house — a large brick home on more than 100 acres that Lee inherited after his father’s death a few years ago.

Lee lived there alone, but Smiley often stayed over.

Entrekin said Lee and Smiley were close friends.

“They hung out together and smoked dope together,” Entrekin said.

Lee and Smiley were there shooting for target practice — something Lee did often, Entrekin said.

“Once they got him over there, they shot him,” Entrekin said.

Entrekin said the investigation shows that Stone did not realize he was about to be shot.

“They had planned this senseless murder for weeks,” he said.

Entrekin said they apparently chose Stone because he was over there often.

Investigators got a tip Tuesday morning that led to a shallow grave on a logging road just off Rocky Hollow Road near Gallant.

There was evidence at the shallow grave that led to a search warrant at Lee’s house.

Entrekin said Stone was killed in the woods behind the house and then initially buried at the area on Rocky Hollow Road, about 12 miles away.

Entrekin said Lee and Smiley apparently went to the grave a couple of weeks ago and moved the remains to the chest-type freezer. The body apparently was wrapped in a tarpaulin and placed in a plastic Rubbermaid box.

“Apparently they thought the body was exposed and they were afraid someone would find the body,” Entrekin said.

District Attorney Jimmie Harp said for now Lee and Smiley are being held without bond on murder charges. The penalty for a murder conviction is 99 years to life, Harp said. A judge could set bond, he said.

Harp said he knows of no reason at this point in the investigation that charges will be upgraded to capital murder — the only charge in which the death penalty is applicable.

“Unfortunately, a kill for the thrill is not applicable to capital murder,” he said.

For a capital murder charge, the victim must be younger than 14, a law enforcement officer in the line of duty, murder in the commission of another crime such as robbery or the murder of two or more people.

Harp said Lee and Smiley had been people of interest early on and were questioned.

“But we had to have enough evidence and probable cause to execute a search warrant,” Harp said. “We have to make a case we can win. It wasn’t until yesterday that we had probable cause to go forward.”

Harp said Stone’s father and stepmother, Jeff and Lynn Stone, have worked diligently searching for their son and hoped to find him alive.

“But they suspected foul play and passed on every tip they could to investigators,” he said. “It’s a very sad day for them. It’s the worst news ever a parent could hear.”

Harp said the details of the case also have been disturbing to investigators.

“I don’t understand it,” he said. “It scares me to death. It’s hard to digest that somebody would actually take someone’s life for the thrill of it. It’s very disturbing.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20080703/NEWS/993349165/1017/NEWS

kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »

BASTARDS......let me say it again  BASTARDS.  Selfish and with no conscience.  Usually I am a death penalty supporter but in this case I say good that there is no death penalty for this, hopefully they will take it up the a** for a hundred years.  This makes me absolutely sick.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »

It makes me sick too. It's just incomprehensible that someone would find it thrilling to end another person's life. It's beyond evil, if that's possible.

I hope Jeffrey was killed instantly, and never knew what hit him.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »

Nathaniel Lee pleads guilty to murder of teenager

Updated: Nov 05, 2010 4:16 PM EST
GADSDEN, AL (WBRC) - A Littleton man arrested two years ago in the murder of a Sardis High School teenager pleaded guilty to Friday to murder.

Nathaniel Wayne Lee, 22, entered guilty pleas Friday to felony charges of murder and abuse of a corpse, according to a statement issued by Etowah County District Attorney Jimmie Harp.  The guilty pleas relate to the death of 15-year-old Jeffery Blake Stone who disappeared in March 2008. His body was found in a freezer in Lee's house a few months later.

As part of Friday's guilty plea, Lee was sentenced to 30 years in prison and waived his right to appeal his conviction and sentence.

Harp said in the statement he was pleased Lee finally admitted his guilt and was sentenced to a term of years that, for parole eligibility purposes, according to the Alabama Department of Corrections, amounts to a life sentence.

"Since this was not a capital case the death penalty was not available in this case," Harp said. "The importance of the plea to the family was that Lee waived any right to appeal and the State would not need any testimony from the co-defendant to convict Lee."

Lee was one of two men charged in Stone's murder. The other, Troy Andrew Smiley, also of Littleton, was also arrested in 2008 in connection with Stone's murder.

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/story.asp?S=13454309

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.