March 28, 2024, 11:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bekime Elshyani, 22, CO Last Seen 3/29/2008 Boyfriend committed suicide  (Read 9498 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »

Friends Gather To Search For Missing Springs Woman

Apr 2, 2008
With few clues about her disappearance, friends and family of 22-year-old Bekime Elshani gather to search for answers.

Elshani, also known as Becky, was last seen Saturday night. Her boyfriend, Daniel Dereere killed himself Monday night in their apartment. When officers went in, Elshani wasn't there.

Her friends gathered together Wednesday and started their own search. They walked through a creek bed near Elshani’s apartment on a mission, looking for anything that might lead them to her.

"We need to find her," said Wes Bartle, Elshani’s estranged husband.

He says he'll keep searching for as long as it takes.

"We just need closure, everybody does, we need to know what happened to her," Bartle said.

"It's just really hard with no leads, were just guessing, going on a hunch," said Elshani’s friend Michael Davis.

But with each passing day, their hope fades, as their need for answers grows.

"It's unbelievable, she’s one of our very good friends. You never think something like this would happen," said Elshani’s friend Nicole Sanders.

While friends searched on the ground, police moved to the air.

"We got some calls giving us enough information to send our helicopter unit to do some searching," said Lt. Skip Arms with the Colorado Springs Police Department.

Those tips lead police over an area between Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek, but no one really knows for sure where Becky might be. The last person she was seen with, her boyfriend, is dead.

"We just want to know, want to know if she's ok," said Sanders.

So for now, they'll keep walking and hoping.

Bekime Elshani is described as a white female, 5' 5", 110 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

If you've seen her or have any information about her dissapearance please call Crimestoppers at 634-STOP.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/17249044.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:38:10 PM »

MySpace Leads To Charges, Revealing Posts

Updated: April 5, 2008
COLORADO SPRINGS - 24-year-old Daniel Dereere killed himself at his apartment complex in northeast Colorado Springs one day before he was expected in court.  The trial was for harassment charges in a case against his girlfriend, 22-year-old Bekime "Becky" Elshani.  On New Year's Eve, Dereere was arrested on harassment and computer crimes charges.  According to an arrest warrant, he broke into Elshani's MySpace page and posted nude pictures of her.

MySpace also shows revealing messages that Dereere wrote to Elshani dating back to last May.  One comment included, "I have no doubt that we are meant to be together forever, you are everything to me and without you I would be lost in this crazy world."

Another posting was a poem about Dereere finding his soul mate.  One stanza included, "He needs someone who's faithful, only his lips may she kiss."

Dereere and Elshani were living together when he killed himself.  According to the arrest warrant, though, when Dereere posted the nude pictures on New Year's Eve, Elshani was dating her ex-husband, 27-year-old Wesley Bartle.

Detectives investigating Elshani's disappearance tell NEWSCHANNEL 13 Bartle is not a potential suspect.

Elshani's sisters also have MySpace pages.  MySpace allows users to post an icon for their mood.  One of her sisters is listed as "angry," another as "distraught".  There's also a question on one of the pages asking, "Bekime Where Are You?"

Another arrest warrant NEWSCHANNEL 13 obtained details why Elshani was arrested for assault and harassment last May.  According to the warrant, Elshani and Dereere fought over phone calls she received from Bartle.  Elshani was arrested after punching Dereere in the face.
In October, Dereere was arrested for assault and use of a stun gun.  According to a third arrest warrant, Elshani says Dereere tased her nearly 20 times.  She says he was leaving a party to get food, but was too drunk to drive.  According to the warrant, Elshani tried to stop him, but couldn't.  It also says, after she was able to get the keys from Dereere, she was tased.  That case was dismissed on March 17th

http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8110853

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:40:15 PM »

Family members fly in to help with search

4 / 7 / 2008
More family members joined the search for Bekime Elshani Sunday. Her sisters flew in from Maryland and New York to help look for her and, they say, to find answers.

"We're not going to stop until we know where she is," said Shresa Elshani, who came from New York.

The informal search party gathered at the McDonald's in Woodland Park Sunday morning. Roughly 60 people have stepped up to help, the Elshani sisters say.

The group is searching in the Woodland Park area but would not provide specifics for fear it might hamper their search efforts. However, they said they're focusing on areas Elshani's boyfriend, Daniel Dereere, liked to camp.

Last week, Dereere committed suicide police say, before they were able to talk to him about her disappearance. They suspect foul play is involved.

Elshani's sisters are still holding out hope. "There's always hope," said Shpresa Elshani. "We need to know what happened. It's the respectful thing to do."

http://www.koaa.com/aaaa_top_stories/x408981744

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 11:30:09 AM »

If a person is distraught enough to kill themself over what they have done to some one else ... you would think they would at least leave a note as to where that person is .... I mean does it really matter after they are dead?  Just leave a clue as to where the person is ... sheesh.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 09:11:38 AM »

Premier Helicopters Helps Search For Missing Colorado Springs Woman

April 14, 2008
Premier Helicopters is assisting in the search for a missing Colorado Springs Woman.  Premier is providing aerial support to help look for 22-year-old Becki Elshani.   Elshani has been missing since the end of March.  Just prior to her disappearance, her boyfriend was found shot dead in their apartment.  Police believe his death is a suicide.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.verticalmag.com/control/news/templates/?a=7331&z=6

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »

A comment by someone who thinks this may be Bekime
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/41512117.html
Human Bones Found Near North Cheyenne Canyon
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12087

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »

The bones mentioned above have finally been identified as Thomas "Richard" Saulsbury......missing since 1996

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=414402
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:10:24 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:20:10 PM »

Family marks 2nd year without missing daughter

March 31, 2010 3:40 PM

It’s been two years since Doris and Agim Elshani saw their daughter, Bekime.

Known as “Becky” to her family, she’s been missing since March 29, 2008, the same day her boyfriend, Daniel Dereere, was found dead in the apartment they shared when police went to question him about her disappearance. Dereere committed suicide by shooting himself, investigators said.

The Elshanis believe Dereere killed Becky after they fought, hid her body, then killed himself.

But they don’t know for sure.

“It doesn’t get any easier with time,” said Doris Elshani. “As a parent, it tears you apart, this not knowing.”

They think about her every day. Whenever a body is found in the area, they fear the worst.

“It’s the first thing that pops into your head of course,” Doris Elshani said Wednesday.

When she first went missing, teams aided by helicopters searched wooded areas near Cripple Creek. Cell phone calls Dereere made were traced to wireless towers in the area, leading investigators to believe that’s where Becky’s body could be.

But as time passed and she didn’t return home and no body was found, hope faded and the searches stopped.

Now, it’s a small and dedicated group of friends and family who go to the area to search a couple of times a year.

In their desperation, the Elshanis have turned to psychics. One psychic sent Agim Elshani searching miles of abandoned mine shafts near Cripple Creek. He didn’t find his daughter.

“I don’t even believe in psychics,” he said. “If some kid tells me ‘hey I heard this’ I know it’s not true but I’ll go and look. That’s the way it is. There’s this hurt from inside your heart just wants to bring closure to.”

Ron Lopez, a Colorado Springs police detective who is investigating the case, said the steps the Elshanis are taking are, unfortunately, typical for families desperate for answers.

“Families will do what they have to and turn to all kinds of resources,” he said. “I’m not going to say it’s a good or bad thing to use psychics. They’re looking for answers.”

Lopez, who investigates suspicious missing persons cases, got Becky’s case in December. Right now, he said he’s going back through all of the work the initial detectives did.

“We’ve followed up on different leads, but nothing has really panned out,” he said. “There’s nothing new to the case but we’re not going to give up on it.”

On December 27, Becky’s 23rd birthday, the family celebrated with a huge cake. And now that the snow is melting in the mountains, they’ll soon go back up and search again.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/year-96457-2nd-daughter.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »

Updated: 5:18 PM Nov 8, 2010

Human Bones Discovered In Teller County

The Teller County Sheriff's Office is investigating the discovery of human bones found off County Road 88 Sunday.

On Sunday November 7, the sheriff’s office received a report of partial skeletal human remains found on County Road 88 near Shelf Road. On Tuesday, the search for bones and the investigation expanded with the help of the Teller County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue, and the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

The case is under investigation. No other information about the discovery of the bones, the condition of the remains or the identity of the human has been determined.

Stay with 11 News and KKTV.com for the latest.
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Human_Bones_Discovered_In_Teller_County_106921494.html
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=County+Road+88+Cripple+Creek,+CO&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=County+Road+88,+Cripple+Creek,+CO+80813&gl=us&ei=PUnZTKm6KIPGlQei7oyQCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 10:22:07 AM »

NOT BECKY

The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Colorado
November 9, 2010 Tuesday 

Coroner: Bones aren't remains of missing Springs woman

Investigators do not believe that skeletal remains found Sunday are those of a 22-year-old Colorado Springs woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances in March 2008, the Teller County coroner said.

Dr. Earl Byrne said an examination of the remains point to a different person - although he declined to say who.

"All we can say is what it's not, and it's not Becky Elshani," Byrne said, referring to a missing woman who may have been murdered by her boyfriend before he took his own life nearly three years ago.

The Elshani family said Tuesday they had hoped their long wait for answers was finally at a close.

Bekim Elshani, the missing woman's brother, told The Gazette that an investigator contacted the family to ask if Becky Elshani had a tattoo after a partial human skeleton was discovered Sunday off Shelf Road south of Cripple Creek.

Despite the family's contact with an investigator, Byrne said the bones are not those of a woman in her 20s and that he didn't want the Elshanis to suffer "undue stress."

The coroner's office is seeking dental records in an effort to positively identify the body. Results could be available by early next week, authorities said.

If the body is the person authorities have in mind, then it will bring fresh answers to a missing person's investigation unrelated to Elshani, Byrne said. He wouldn't elaborate, saying the investigation was ongoing.

The Teller County Sheriff's Office and 4th Judicial District Attorney have not released information about the remains.

Becky Elshani's brother said the family had high hopes the discovery wouldtheir 2[1/2]-year ordeal.

Bekim said that investigators told his sister Xhemile Elshani on Monday that the skeleton found near the Fremont County line in Teller County had been "sawed into pieces." Byrne declined to confirm that.

Friends and family have been searching for Becky Elshani in the Cripple Creek area since spring 2008.

Blood was found in the Toyota 4Runner owned by her boyfriend, Daniel Dereere Jr., in April 2008, leading police to tell the family they suspected foul play, Elshani's mother, Doris, told the Gazette.

Dereere fatally shot himself in the apartment he shared with Becky in the 6000 block of Twin Oaks Drive. His body was found March 31, 2008, by police officers investigating Becky's disappearance.

A cell phone company determined that Dereere made calls from Teller County on the day Elshani vanished, the family told the Gazette.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1299962550&start=3

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.