March 28, 2024, 01:13:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES surgery 4/17/08 Prayers and Encouragement-UPDATE!  (Read 31203 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »

Update from Mr. Peaches

I brought Peaches laptop to the hospital today but the hospital network runs too slow and she gave up. We thought it might run faster at night but Peaches had me take it home so it wouldn't disappear while she was sleeping. I will take it back tomorrow and maybe it will not be so bogged down on the weekend.

Dan

Yep - if there's a way she'll find it 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2008, 02:24:26 AM »

I was looking around on youtube today and found something that made me think of you.

All of us love you Peaches!  Get well soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEwzUZET-RQ

You're right about loving Peaches, Lala.  That's a beautiful song, thanks for sharing it with all of us.

We love you Peaches!!!  You put a smile in my day!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2008, 02:53:19 AM »

Update from Mr. Peaches

I brought Peaches laptop to the hospital today but the hospital network runs too slow and she gave up. We thought it might run faster at night but Peaches had me take it home so it wouldn't disappear while she was sleeping. I will take it back tomorrow and maybe it will not be so bogged down on the weekend.

Dan

Yep - if there's a way she'll find it 

Thanks, Klaas, for sharing the news. 

What a great guy Dan must be to realize how important Peaches is to us that we needed to know about her right away.  I am sure he is tired. 

Thanks, Dan.  You are leaving us and the messages in Klaas' caring hands.

Klaas, you are right about Peaches, I can see her now sneaking into the administration offices late at night, hospital gown flapping in the breeze trying to get into the monkey cage.   

I didn't use the Monkey Shocked emoticon because I don't think the monkeys will be shocked, but the administrators sure will. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »

I'm dancing with joy and singing His praises on the good news about Peaches!!! So thrilled to hear she's doing well and will be back home soon! We love you Peaches!!

Bring Natalee home...
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »

GOOD MORNING MISS PEACHES

Each day will get easier. Take your time and fill your heart with the love.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »

Thanks Mr Peaches for the updates…

Thanks Klaas for posting the updates…

My continued prayers for a speedy recovery, Peaches and hope to see you back in the cage very soon.

What a wonderful thread this is, it brings a smile to my face each time I visit!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »

Thank you Dan.

My thoughts and prayers are with Peaches.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.  The light at the end of the darkness has begun to shine.

Janet

++++++++++++

OUR GOD REIGNS

How lovely on the mountains are the feet of Him
Who brings good news, good news;
Announcing peace, proclaiming news of happiness:
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!

He had no stately form, He had no majesty
That we should be drawn to Him.
He was despised and we took no account of Him.
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!

It was our sin and guilt that bruised and wounded Him.
It was our sin that brought Him down.
When we like sheep had gone astray our Shepherd came
And on His shoulders bore our shame.

Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!

Meek as a lamb that’s led out to the slaughterhouse,
Dumb as a sheep before its shearer,
His life ran down upon the ground like pouring rain
That we might be born again.

Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!

Out from the tomb He came with grace and majesty;
He is alive, He is alive.
God loves us so, see here His hands, His feet, His side
Yes we know, He is alive

Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!

Leonard E. Smith

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2008, 01:55:35 PM »

Good afternoon from scenic Seven East.  I am ambulating independantly.  I'm stilll on ice chips because the doctor had to resect my duodenum and he doesn't want to upset my stomach.  My surgeon says I have been optimally debulked and am currently NED (no evidence of disease).  So in a couple weeks, I'll head back to the gyn-onc and see what comes next.

Thanks for all your prayers and support. 

The doctor's nurse told me last week that I could be in the hospital from 5-7 days (just shoot me now) but I think Dr. D. may be starting to see my side of things.  I don't feel bad.  Yeah, the incision site is  sore but it's not that bad.  It may be this ON-Q , a medicine filled cue ball looking thing which continually infuses pain meds.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

I was so happy to read Peaches post today! 

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Peaches, and your family!  Our God is an awesome God! 

Flowers for Peaches!   flower flower flower flower flower flower
and lots of love! 

texasmom

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »

Yayyyy!! Peaches, so good to hear the great news! Thinking of you and praying daily for you. May you continue to feel better and better. 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2008, 10:55:31 PM »

I am thankful that you are recovering Peaches....you inspire me on days when I don't think I can be inspired!

Yeah  Peaches...... take it slow and continue to get better!!!  We love you

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »

What more can be said than THANK GOD and AMEN!  Except you are an exceptional woman, who I am proud to associate with! 

To a comfortable and speedy recovery!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »

Good morning!  I am much better today.  Dr. D was just here and NG tube is gone.  I can have liquids today so that's great news.  I already ate the jello.  Dr. says I am doing great.  I've been walking independantly since night before last.  Of course, when I started walking, they had a tech walk with me.  Left her in the dirt! 

I have to get some blood today.  Whatever.  Just puts me one step closer to going home..

This is a great hospital but it's not my house.  From my window here on Seven East, I have a grand view of Buckhead and Atlanta in the distance.  Pretty coool. 

I cannot tell you all how much your prayers and support have meant to me.  I probably should have done a little more training with DH but I knew wherever he posted about my surgery, Klaas would find it and move it where it belonged.  He settled for emailing Klaas and None. 

So today, I am going to get blood, eat jello, suck on that Airlife thingie, and ambulate when necessary.  The suture line is pretty scary looking but Dr. says it will heal just fine.  He better be right!  The scars from the first surgery have healed very nicely so I am not worried about it.  That's pretty much the news here today.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2008, 09:28:18 AM »

Good morning!  I am much better today.  Dr. D was just here and NG tube is gone.  I can have liquids today so that's great news.  I already ate the jello.  Dr. says I am doing great.  I've been walking independantly since night before last.  Of course, when I started walking, they had a tech walk with me.  Left her in the dirt! 

I have to get some blood today.  Whatever.  Just puts me one step closer to going home..

This is a great hospital but it's not my house.  From my window here on Seven East, I have a grand view of Buckhead and Atlanta in the distance.  Pretty coool. 

I cannot tell you all how much your prayers and support have meant to me.  I probably should have done a little more training with DH but I knew wherever he posted about my surgery, Klaas would find it and move it where it belonged.  He settled for emailing Klaas and None. 

So today, I am going to get blood, eat jello, suck on that Airlife thingie, and ambulate when necessary.  The suture line is pretty scary looking but Dr. says it will heal just fine.  He better be right!  The scars from the first surgery have healed very nicely so I am not worried about it.  That's pretty much the news here today.

Peaches!!  Big hugs to you!  It was funny because the day of the surgery we hadn't heard any news.  Janet was ready to go to bed but wanted to hear something first.  The minute she signed off I checked my email and saw the message from your husband. WHAT GREAT NEWS!  So I emailed Janet with the news and posted it here.

I'm amazed at how well you are doing!  Don't you just love WIFI and laptops?   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2008, 10:01:24 AM »

Good Morning Peaches

Thank you for update.  You appears to be coming along just great and ... when you set foot into your own home then ... you will know in an instant that all is right with your world.

Peaches ... have a good day.

Hugs

Janet
7:00 AM

++++++++

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!

_____

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »

Good Morning Peaches!!  I'm so happy to hear how well you are doing.  The sun is shining bright inthe St. Louis area, and I'm off to church to thank God for all the Blessings he has given us.  God is good all the time.  We love you buddy.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2008, 11:48:41 AM »

Peaches   
I'm so glad to hear the great news and to see that you are doing so well. 

Thank You Lord !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZwl_VJJ3xM

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2008, 01:25:18 PM »

So good to hear from you Peaches!!  You are doing great and we can't wait until you can go home and spend hours with us here in the cage.  Tell the dear doctor he must let you go home soon or a big bunch of monkeys are going to begin a camp out in front of the hospital demanding the release of one of their own.  That would be newsworthy!   

"Monkeys demand release of Peaches!"

Get well soon...we love you!
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »

God bless, you, Peaches!  You are truely an inspiration

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »

Happy Sunday Peaches!!  Good to see your post and thank your husband for the updates.  Get well SOON!!!!  Have been thinking of you and God bless......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.