April 24, 2024, 10:45:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KATYSMOM needs our prayers  (Read 29524 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 20, 2008, 06:30:25 PM »

Posted by Katysmom today:

Hello Monkey Friends,
I almost feel guilty for asking for your prayers; as I have not been a very good monkey in the past few months.  So many new posters and I didn't even take the time to welcome them to the board; I'm so sorry.

I have had a headache since the end of last November.  I saw my dr. and he was convinced by analyzing my symptoms (light and sound didn't affect it, I only felt pain when I moved my head) that The nerves in my brain were inflammed.  He gave me two steroid shots in the back of my head (ouch).

The pain did leave my left side, but not the right.  I went back to the dr. on April 7th and he gave me another shot on the right side.  Within two days both sides were in pain and it was worse than ever.

My dr. ordered a brain scan, which I had yesterday.  I knew it was bad knews when I got home and saw on the caller i.d. that my dr's office had called twice and the MRI place said he would have the results next week.   I called him back (he takes Fridays off), talked to his nurse, who told me the MRI place had called them to tell them I have a large tumor.  She wouldn't tell me anymore until they get the actual report from the MRI office. 

My first reaction was to go into panic mode.  I became hysterical and had to take some valium to settle down.  When I woke up this morning I felt a lot calmer, and for some reason I told myself that it's ok to die because I will get to talk to Natalee, Lisa Stebic, and Stacy Peterson and tell them how much they are loved and how hard everyone has been working to bring them home.  Does that make sense? 
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »

We're praying for you Katysmom, and don't give up.    We're here for you buddy.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »

My neighbor Jim had a large tumor removed a few years ago, and is doing great!!  A 17 yr. old boy I know had a tumor removed a few months ago, and he was dancing at my daughters wedding.  Don't give up girl.  God just might not be done with you yet.   {{{{{HUGS}}}}
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »

Katysmom,

You've suffered for 6 months, but now you know what is causing the pain.  Hang in there, listen to what the doctors have to say and I'll have you in my prayers while you find the treatment you need.  There are a lot of monkeys holier than I, but I'm confident my prayers mean just as much.  I trust that they do.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »

Hi Katysmom,

Snoopy is absolutely right. I have a friend whose mom had a large brain tumor removed several years ago and she's doing great. The monkeys are gonna be a great support group for you. We love you and God loves you, so hang in there. Hugs and smoochies to you.

I Stand With The Girl
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »

God and his Angel's are watching over you KatysMom.I will put you in my prayers and hope that you stay strong.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »

See...what did I tell you?  These monkeys are some of the most caring people I have ever seen in my life.  We are behind you...we are praying for you...please keep in touch with us...I have been speechless many times when I visit the prayer thread...it never ceases to take my breath away at the enormous outpouring of love that happens. 

You are loved in here...you will be hugged by all of us and most importantly you will be lifted up in prayer by so many...do not be discouraged.  Hope is not lost...God is in charge...He will send his angels to hold you and help you get through this.   

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »

Katysmom
I will say prayers for you, and offer you some hope.
  Back in 1989 my cousin Amy was driving and had a seizure in a rotary and hit lots of cars. nobody was hurt thankfully.  They discovered she had a brain tumor and she was pregnant.  In the late 90's she was a case study for a NOVA special as they did brain mapping on her in a teaching hospital in  New Hampshire.

Here it is 2008 and she is now 41 and living life with her 3 children and family to her fullest. She has a part time job, she drives, and does everything we all do as Mother's, 

Don't give up, they've come so far on treating brain tumors. 

HUGS,
MsVada

Maine, born and raised!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »

It's true Katysmom.... and like I said before... we stand with the girl, with Peaches and with you!!!

I will be keeping you uplifted in prayer!!!! And I will be checking in constantly even when I don't say anything to see how you are doing... so keep us posted when you can...

LOVE and HUGS...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 10:03:30 PM »

Katysmom
When you have time please email me...I am a great listener. Please, please, pretty please. 

My email addy:  cindoal@yahoo.com
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 10:37:38 PM »

katysmom,

Expect a miracle. You are NOT going to die. Believe and have faith.

I will say prayers over you.

Keep us in your heart.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 11:54:21 PM »

Katysmom...... There is reason to be hopeful! It's probably very good news that the cause of your pain has been identified, because now, something can be done. I know it's startling, and scary, but wait until you hear what your doctor says, and choose the path you'll take accordingly. It may lead you into immediate treatment, or even to another Doctor, but identifying the problem is only step one in several to follow! It's just a step, the right one, hon, that's all. I'm glad you posted with the news. We are all with you and will lift you up in our prayers. I'm praying that God will comfort you and heal you, and that He will lead you through the steps before you. Hang tough, Katysmom, and God Bless!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 07:56:41 AM »

Katysmom,

A couple of years ago a much-loved monkey was told by his doctor that the monkey had the largest malignant throat tumor that he had ever seen. The monkey was also told that nothing could be done, and that he had 3 months to live.

Well, this monkey refused to take that kind of talk lying down. He went and got a second opinion from another doctor who said that he could treat the malignancy. After chemo, radiation, and surgery, our monkey is in fine health and is disease free.

Remember that even the so-called experts can be very, very wrong about things, and that all the monkeys are holding you up in love and prayer all the time.

Hugs

I Stand With The Girl
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 08:50:52 AM »

Katysmom:

I am including you in my prayers!

I, too, have 2 friends who have had brain tumors, and both are fine now.  One was a child who was given grim prognosis, but now, 7 years later, is cancer free, growing and thriving.  My other friend was 48 when the tumor was found, she had to go thru a few procedures, it was also removed, and she has been clear for 5 years now.  It was a scary time, but through prayers and with the doctors expertise, they are both OK.

Hang in there girl!  We have the prayers going, we are here for you.  God has you in the palm of His hands.  It's gonna be okay!  (((((((HUGS)))))))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »

Katysmom…

My prayers and thoughts are with you! Keep your chin up and we will be here any time you need us.   ((((((Hugs!))))))

Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 12:30:55 PM »

Katysmom,

Keep your spirits up!  You have places to go, people to see, and lots of fun times to be enjoyed. 

Please know that my thoughts are prayers are with you.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »

Sending warm thoughts, prayers and some big hugs your way.  I'm with the others - we are standing with you and prepared to help you fight it.  You are not alone.  Hang in there.

Beans
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

We were just talking the other day about the Mom of a friend who had a brain tumor 30 years ago.  She is fine now, happy, and healthy and enjoying her life without restrictions.

I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to wrap his everlasting arms around you to keep you calm through anything you may have to go through.

One thing the monkeys are good at, that is praying and caring for each other.  We are here for you on your road to recovery from those nasty headaches.

God bless you!  Major hugs coming your way.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »

Thank you so much everyone!  You will never ever even begin to know what you have done for me.  As of today my doctor still does not have the report from the MRI imaging place.  I do have an appointment Wednesday morning at a local neurologist.
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Katysmom

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »

Katy ... a few days ago I was the afforded the opportunity to  share my experience in regards to a brain tumor with Peaches.  Maybe you read my post but if not ...

In 1990 I had major brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of an egg.  Unlike you ... I had never had any symptoms ... not even a headache.  It was discovered during a regular physical by very perceptive physician.  I was operated on within a week of diagnosis ... the tumor was about to invade the brain stem.

Long story short ... after a relatively short recouperation period ... after putting my family through a H--- on Earth ... I was back at work three month sooner than my surgeon had predicted and ... I have never looked back.  Yearly cat scans became two year cat scans and ... now it is every three years.

Katysmom ... there is life after a brain tumor ... eighteen years later I am living proof.

My loving husband and ... three great kids upheld me all the way but ... when all was said and done ... my peace of mind as well as my strength to endure came from a trusting relationship with God.

Janet

+++++++++++

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.