May 01, 2024, 09:19:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KATYSMOM needs our prayers  (Read 29569 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2008, 04:55:25 AM »

Just wanted to mention that milk shakes are good when your appetite is on the fritz. (Send someone to buy them, get several and put them in the freezer. You can microwave for 30-40 seconds to make them sippable, or eat with a spoon like ice cream.)

Also - Steak 'N' Shake offers yogurt shakes. Yummy.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

Hi,
I woke up this morning feeling like I might have an extra ounce of energy so I told my husband I was ready to pick one chore a day to get accomplished and build up from there.  Today's chore was to change the linens on my bed.  I got them off, threw them down the steps and went to take a bath.  The next thing I knew hubby was wakeing me up to dry off and go back to bed.  It's a good thing we have a second set of sheets he could put on; otherwise he would of just put the dirty ones back on.
The throat is feeling better.
Katysmom

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2008, 03:05:10 PM »

Katysmom - Hello!!! I'm so glad you're doing better. God Bless You!

Wonderful news about the pathology report!! I know you are relieved!

When my children are sick with a sore throat, or just don't want to eat because of illness, I usually can get them to eat applesauce, or even.....BABYFOOD! Yep....all those desserts and fruits feel OK going down when a kid has strep, especially if I refrigerate them first. Maybe that would work for you. They are loaded with nutrition. My kids will also drink a Slimfast shake. They also have lots of vitamins and minerals, but are much cheaper, usually, than Ensure.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »

Katysmom ... Dairy Queen Blizzards hit the spot when throat is soar or ... appetite is down.  They may not necessarily be the most nutrious alternative to a meal but ... if you are attempting to gain back those lost pounds and ... gain strength ...

Anyways ... I am thankful that you are on the road to recovery.

Tell us all about that precious grandaughter.  Your last post about her was just a teaser.

Take care and God Bless.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2008, 12:01:18 AM »

Hello Katysmom!  I hope you are feeling better and stronger with each day.  I am happy you had that second set of sheets too.  I love clean sheets!  Take care and please get well soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2008, 12:31:13 AM »

Wow Katysmom - a bath and clean bed linen in your first day of chores!  Now that is a lot to achieve.  You take it easy and look after yourself.  Hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery and more good news from the rest of the tests.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »

Looking forward to more good news.  Frozen colas or other flavors from Burger King work great on a sore throat.  It takes the swelling down, too, so does water ice and popsicles.

I just love a good monkey dance.  Thanks for giving us something to celebrate!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2008, 06:33:47 PM »

Great news!  You will be back to normal real soon...monkey prayers can be a powerful tool toward recovery.  These guys have never let me down and I knew they would not let you down either. 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »

Katysmom so glad to hear you are feeling spunky enough to accomplish a chore. Please take care & build yourself up slowly. (take advantage of the chance to have someone wait on you for a change  ) You are in my prayers & I know God will be good to you.
Here's my part in the monkey dance:

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2008, 11:01:41 PM »

just checking in to see how you are doing... and adding to the dance....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2008, 02:35:29 PM »

Did somebody say dance?   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r4xYqhc3Ns

Just popping in to check on Katysmom.   

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »

Did somebody say dance?   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r4xYqhc3Ns

Just popping in to check on Katysmom.   

Monkeys sure know how to dance.  Thanks for that, Peaches.

I believe in miracles!
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »

Hi,
Today was a so-so day.  I've been feeling dizzy so have spent most of the time laying down or sitting up watching tv. My goal for today was to load up the dishwasher but decided that hubby has been doing such a good job that I would let him do it one more day.
Tamikosmom: you mentioned my granddaughter.  The visit with her was wonderful.  Of course she didn't remember me but she did remember the raccoons and went straight to the window to see if they were out yet (she just turned 3 in March).  I explained to her that I am her daddy's mommy and she kind of gave me a funny look.  I told her that I used to spank his bare butt and she thought that was sooo funny.  After she opened 2 years worth of birthday and Christmas presents she decided she wanted to have a tea party and she was the server.  I could of kicked myself afterwards.  I sat there all night just staring at her with all the love in the world and forgot to take any pictures.  Since my son has to work on mother's day they are going to come back on Saturday and I'll be sure to have the camera ready to go.
Katysmom

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »

Wonderful story Katysmom...things just get better and better.  I am so happy you had such a great visit and that they are coming back this week. You seem to be doing better...I  hope that feeling goes away and you are back to full strength real soon...much love and hugs.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2008, 07:40:37 PM »

Hi Katysmom!!  I'm stopping by to give you gentle ((((hugs))) and warm wishes of a good recovery. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2008, 01:14:46 AM »

Visits with your Grandchild are a wonderful answer to God's prayers.  Best medicine we have, prayers and children.  Enjoy your visit today.  The pictures from the first visit will always be in your heart.  No camera was needed to record that special moment.

Be well.

I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »

Yes be well Katysmom, please be well. God bless you this Mother's Day.

The pictures we take can never exceed the pictures in our mind's eye, the ones that stay with us forever and ever.

We're so glad you made it through this, pace yourself for you've had a very long haul already and what matters most now, is regaining your strength - and the precious moments with family. Dirt, dirty sheets, dirty dishes - they are all a constant - they will all be there when you have the strength to tackle those. Prioritize your energy, spend on what time you can spend with family instead, if you can.

Many hugs, welcome back and we're looking ahead with you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

Katysmom,

I truly hope you are feeling better each day and that you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2008, 09:36:46 AM »

Haven't heard from you lately.  I hope that means you are doing much better. Still thinking about you and will continue to pray as well.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »

Haven't heard from you lately.  I hope that means you are doing much better. Still thinking about you and will continue to pray as well.

I'm sorry I haven't posted as much as I should.  I can't seem to shake this exhaustion.  I have a spurt of energy for a short while when I first wake up and then just want to sleep the rest of the day.  Today is the first day I didn't take a nap.
I still don't have the results back from the 3rd test they were doing on one of the tumors.  As soon as I do I will report in.
I did call my regular dr and asked if he would be doing anything about the small blood vessel disease in my brain.  I don't know if he forgot about it or was waiting for me to recouperate after the surgery, but once I called, he did prescribe a medication for it.  I had a small stroke a few years ago and that is something I don't want to go through again. 
I have been lurking here once in a while and I do appreciate everyone's well wishes; just warms my heart.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.