April 26, 2024, 07:12:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KATYSMOM needs our prayers  (Read 29530 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »

Good to hear you are on the mend.  I knew when you felt better you would let us know. Surgery takes so much out a person.  Don't forget to tell your doctor you are still feeling tired all the time..that may not be related to your surgery at all..just a minor thing that can be remedied. Please keep us posted.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

Katysmom,

Thanks for staying in touch with us. As Lalas says, surgery can really make a person feel totally exhausted and is so difficult to recover from. Big hugs to you.

I Stand With The Girl
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2008, 01:33:50 PM »

Katysmom

Each week you'll feel stronger.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2008, 04:02:58 AM »

Katysmom, praying for you and hoping you get stronger every day. 

Give your body time to heal, give in and get your needed rest for that is the fuel for getting stronger.   Take this time to be good to yourself and do something you have wanted to do--read that book, daydream, pray some more, take in the sights around you or whatever catches your fancy.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »

hugs and prayers for Katysmom...it does take quite awhile to recuperate from surgery, so, please just take this time to get your rest and take it easy. Your body will tell you when you can quit resting and start doing other things. Hope all is well with you this morning!

Bring Natalee home...
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:52 AM »

Katysmom~
Been thinking about you and wanted to send you lots of {{{{HUGS}}}} You have been in my prayers and I'm hoping that you'll soon be completely recovered from the surgery and that all goes well with the results from your testing that was done. Take care and get lots of rest, we'll be here waiting for you to come back soon. Smile   

Roos~

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »

Katysmom - Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you, and praying for you daily. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2008, 02:06:08 AM »

Never feel guilty for taking a nap!  Of course, you have to watch so you don't get your schedule all whacked out like I do sometimes (hello?  it's what time?).  Your body is wonderfully and marvelously made and much of the healing that goes on in your body happens while you're sleeping.  So NAP ON! 

Glad to hear you are getting your medication issues straightened out.  That's a big job in itself!

Continued prayers for your complete and total recovery!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »

Hello KatysMom ~  I am just dropping in to see how you are doing.  I hope you feel better soon.  (((hugs)))  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  flower

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »

Hi to everyone!  I'm sorry I haven't been here very much; I'm haveing a hard time getting back to a normal schedule.  Some days I wake up feeling great and ready to take on the world and as soon as I start doing something I crash.  Both my regular dr. and surgeon tell me not to worry but I've gotten to the point where I don't trust anyone.  Remember this all started back in late November 2007 and I couldn't convince my dr. to do a brain scan until April.
My eye sight is fading fast, both my cheek bones have a lot of pain and I've got a sore throat that won't go away.  I'm in bed by 8 pm every night and sleep until 11 the next morning.  To me, that's just not normal.  I have a friend in Australia who had a double lung transplant 2 days after my surgery and he is doing far better than I am.
On the brighter side, I am seeing my granddaughter on a regular basis and that is the biggest blessing the good lord has given me.   
I would like to thank each and every one of you who have left uplifting comments for me or just said a quick prayer.  You have no idea how much you mean to me.  There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think of you guys at least once and wonder how Natalee's case is coming or how Peaches is doing.  Please, even if I don't sign in very often, don't ever think I have forgotten you.  I love you all!! 

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »

Katysmom, thanks for the lovely comments about the monkeys.  I am so sorry to hear you are feeling tired and sore.  Losing vision must be terrible.  I will continue to keep you in my prayers.  If you don't trust what the doctors say, get another opinion, that may set your mind at ease.

The best healing you can do is to rest and take care of yourself and of course, laugh, maybe rent a comedy or watch only the funny shows.

I am glad to hear that you are seeing your Granddaughter regularly.  What a blessing!

We'll be here when you are feeling up to it.  We leave a light on for you.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »

sending love and prayers to Katysmom. It is so easy to get discouraged when we feel like crap...I hope you are starting to feel a little better now. We would love to get an update from you when you feel like it...Know that we are rooting for you!!

Bring Natalee home...
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »

Thinking of you Katysmom.  Hope all of those new things you are experiencing pass and more good things enter your life.  Glad you are seeing your grandbaby, as you should. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

Katysmom~
Thinking of you today and am hoping & praying that you are doing much better. Praying that you  are on the road to recovery.  Sending you lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}}   Smile

Roos~

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »

I thought I had finally gotten all my strength back after the surgery.  And, I have been feeling great.  I've been doing more and more as my back allows, have been more energetic, sleeping great at night, still not smokeing although the Chantix makes me a little naseaus, blah, blah, blah......

On June 6th my family physician sent me to the hospital lab for a series of blood tests.  Normally, results are back within a week or so and since I hadn't heard anything, I figured all was normal.  But, on July 22nd and my surgeon called to tell me that my thyroid levels were sky high and the thyroid needed to be removed.  I told him I needed to talk to my regular doctor before I would allow that.  As it turned out the hospital had sent the test results to my surgeon and my family dr. never got them so we had them faxed to him right away.   

Cholesterol came in at 250; high, but it's been higher, so that didn't scare me.

Triglycerides read at 223; normal levels are usually 0-150, so I'm still not real worried.

Then they throw the Thyroid levels at me.  44.3 - that doesn't sound too bad since I know absolutely nothing about thyroids, until I asked what a normal level is and he told me .3 to 5.5!  Now I'm scared.  The doctor is called in a prescription and I have an appointment next Monday to see him and he is going to do another blood test to see if I have improved any.  I asked him what happens if the medicine doesn't work.  He mumbled something about a number of options from various forms of treatment to removal of the thyroid.

I immediately got on the internet and started doing some thyroid research, which cleared up a lot of things for me.  One of the symptoms for thyroid disease is shedding hair.  For years my hair has been shedding really bad.  I always thought it was because my hair was so long and thick and the heaviness just made it fall out.  I noticed that our dogs chew toys were entwined with strands of my hair and I realized that if they were eating my hair they could have some serious intestinal problems, so I went and had all my hair chopped off.  That didn't help, I'm still shedding, only shorter strands.

Another symptom is dry skin.  I've had horribly dry skin all over my face that I have never been able to control.  I tried every moisturizer on the market and even plastered my face with vaseline and nothing worked.  Since I have been taking the new medicine, my face has cleared up....not completely, but at least it isn't embarrassing to go out in public anymore. 

I still have the original headache that I've had since late November of last year that started this whole mess.  It is a lot better though.  Instead of consuming my whole head it's like it has broken up into little patches around my head.  Each hurting part is about the size of a 50 cent piece.  It hurts on the top right side of my head, right behind each ear, and behind my eyes (my vision is getting bad too).  I have learned to live with it and am just thankful that it isn't like it was at the beginning.

What really scares the heck out of me is that for the past 11 years of being married to Ken I have wanted a swimming pool put in and he has always nixed the idea.  A few weeks ago he told me to start looking for the pool I want and we'll have it installed next spring.  Does he know something I don't?

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »

I almost forgot, duh....my dr. did say I am showing early signs of dementia. 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »

Katysmom, 

Thanks for the update.....sure sounds like you've had more than your share of ups and downs.  I truly hope all of your symptoms are curbed with the medical care you are receiving.

As for the early signs of dementia....my best friend used to say, years ago, that she wasn't forgetful....she was 'distracted'....and in your case, I'd say you have many distractions to deal with.   

God bless.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »

Katysmom,

Thank you so much for the update. It's terrible that you're continuing to have health problems, but I'm so glad they've discovered a lot of your problems are connected to your thyroid.

I know several people who have had to have their thyroid removed, and they do very well taking medication to replace the thyroid. It's great that your husband is finally going to have a pool installed. Maybe he feels like he came close to losing you and now wants to show you how much he cares. As for dementia, someone who has had to deal with the number of health problems you've had to deal with is bound to be "distracted" as 2NJ says. tell the doctor to go through everything you have lately and see how he/she does.

It good to hear from you again. Hugs.

I Stand With The Girl
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »

Katysmom

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad you're feeling better.  Wish the headaches were completely gone though.  I sure hope the Thyroid medicine works.  Still keeping you in my prayers.

Congrats on getting the pool!! 

P.S.  take the dimentia "distraction" thing in stride.  Don't fret about it.  You've had a lot on your mind.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2008, 07:13:36 PM »

Katysmom ~  I'm  dropping in to see how you are doing, and if you have any updates on your treatment.  I hope you will let us know how you are feeling.  Monkey hugs to you (((hugs))).  You are in my thoughts and prayers.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.