May 23, 2024, 02:52:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deborah Jones, 50, Utah- Missing 4/16/08 called a "crime scene"(BODY FOUND)  (Read 10882 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 22, 2008, 09:00:37 AM »

Missing woman had met with Salt Lake detectives

April 22, 2008
Deborah Jones met with domestic violence detectives a day before she went missing, police said Monday, as the search for Jones continued.

Jones, 50, met with Salt Lake domestic violence detectives Wednesday, concerned about threats made by her ex-boyfriend, said Salt Lake police detective Robert Eldard. Jones agreed to another meeting the next day, but never returned to the station, police said.

Jeff Jones, Deborah's son, believes his mother may have been taken against her will by her former live-in boyfriend, Michael Jerome Doyel. Jeff Jones said after his mother and Doyel broke up about two weeks ago, Doyel made several threatening phone calls. Some of the threats were violent in nature.

Police issued an endangered person alert Sunday for Jones. She was last seen Wednesday and was last heard from on Friday, when she phoned "a friend," Eldard said.

Monday, however, police said they weren't ready to jump to the conclusion a crime had been committed. Eldard declined to call 47-year-old Doyel a "person of interest" in the case. There was no evidence to suggest Jones didn't just leave on her own, he said.

Still, the detective said police were interested in talking to him.

Jones' family, however, believes Doyel is the main person of interest. They have created a Web site, www.finddebbie.com, to help locate their missing loved one. On the site, they said Doyel should be considered a "dangerous person" and made a plea to the public to "help bring Michael Doyel to justice."

While Eldard told a group of reporters gathered in front of Jones' house, near 2800 S. Glenmare (1575 East), Monday that investigators were unsure if a crime had taken place, several of the department's main detectives were inside. A Deseret News reporter was invited by Jeff Jones to speak to him in the back yard, but a short time later he was told by a sergeant to leave. The sergeant called the area a "crime scene."

By Monday afternoon, yellow crime tape was surrounding the Jones house. Eldard said that was because Doyel had lived with Jones for six months before moving out and detectives wanted to take precautions and get a search warrant before continuing the investigation in the house. Police executed that search warrant Monday evening, but did not find anything to further the investigation, Eldard said.

He cited the Jeremy Hauck case in Bountiful. Hauck is accused of killing his mother and stuffing her body in a freezer. The defense, however, argued in court that police conducted the search of Hauck's home illegally.

Although he wasn't ready to say there was criminal activity, Eldard said Jones' disappearance was considered suspicious because it was not like her to take off without telling anyone.

Jones, a nurse, grandmother and mother of two adult sons, has not shown up for work since Thursday.

The last time family members heard from Deborah Jones was April 17 when she called them. Eldard said he did not know where the call was placed. Jones left that morning in her Volkswagen Passat with Utah license plate 817 MKL. Since then, he said he was not aware of Jones' using her cell phone or credit card. Jones' family said they have tried calling her phone but it's turned off. Her car had not been found as of Monday.

The family received a bogus call Monday saying her car was found in Las Vegas, Jeff Jones said. A sign was placed on the Jones' door Monday warning others to be guarded and not be scammed by anyone calling and claiming to be Deborah.

The day before she disappeared, Jones met with a Salt Lake detective about an issue regarding Doyel, Eldard said. He did not know what the issue was. She did not seem to be worried at that time that she was in danger, he said.

The Jones family said on the Web site that Doyel has "an extensive criminal record." A check of state court records in Utah by the Deseret News showed Doyel was arrested in 1999 in Salt Lake City for being a fugitive from justice from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Doyel was also charged in 1999 in 3rd District Court and later convicted of assault on a police officer and interfering with an arrest, both misdemeanors.

Jones is 5 feet 6 inches, weighs 230 pounds with hazel eyes and shoulder-length brunette hair. Doyel is 5 feet 11 inches, 195 pounds with brown eyes and wavy brown hair. He wears wire-rim glasses. He has a tattoo "Jan Dolley" on his chest.

Fliers can be printed from the finddebbie.com Web site. Anyone with information on either Jones or Doyel can call police at 799-INFO

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695272778,00.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:59:09 PM by klaasend » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »

BODY FOUND........

Missing Utah woman found dead in Branson
ASSOCIATED PRESS
04/22/2008

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A Utah woman missing since last week has been found dead in a car in Missouri.

Police say Deborah Jones' body was inside her Volkswagen Passat in Branson, Mo. Her ex-boyfriend, Michael Doyel, and another woman, Patricia Murray, were also found Monday night.

A Salt Lake City police detective is on his way to Branson.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/E334C8567CC1FDE486257433005881B8?OpenDocument

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »

Apr 22, 1:08 PM EDT

Missing Utah woman found dead in Branson, Mo.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A 50-year-old Utah woman who disappeared after complaining to police about threats by an ex-boyfriend was found dead 1,300 miles away in Missouri, authorities said Tuesday.

The man, Michael Doyel, was taken into custody at a Branson, Mo., hotel, where the body of Deborah Jones was discovered Monday night inside her 2003 Volkswagen Passat, Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank said.

He offered no information on the cause of death.

Jones met with Salt Lake City police on April 16 to complain about threats made by Doyel, Detective Robert Eldard said.

She hadn't been seen since then, although she made a phone call to a friend Friday, Eldard said.

Doyel, 47, was in custody in Missouri along with another woman, Patricia Murray, of West Valley City, Utah, said Burbank, who sent a detective to Branson.

"We have not had the opportunity to interview either one of them," he said.

Police surrounded Jones' home with yellow tape Monday.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/UT_MISSING_WOMAN_MOOL-?SITE=MOSTP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »

THIS was obviously posted before they found Debbie's body.......

The search for a missing Sugar House woman takes an interesting turn this morning. Police say a woman from West Valley City is missing, as well, and both women could be with the same man.

The last time we spoke to police, they declined to officially call the man, Michael Doyel, a person of interest. But they are, no doubt, suspicious of his possible involvement.

West Valley Police say the woman from West Valley, 20-year-old Patricia Murray, was last seen a couple of days ago. Neighbors they've interviewed say she left with Doyel willingly. However, according to police, Murray has a diminished mental capacity.

Murray is being labeled only as a missing person, not an endangered person like Deborah Jones of Sugarhouse, who hasn't been seen since Thursday.

Michael Doyel Police believe that all three, Jones, Murray and Doyel, are traveling together in Jones' 2003 Volkswagen Passat. Jones' son has been adamantly suspicious of Doyel, who is Deborah Jones' ex-boyfriend. Bryan Jones thinks Doyel is on the run from law enforcement.

Interestingly, Deborah Jones met with domestic violence detectives the day before she went missing, to talk about threats allegedly made by Doyel.

West Valley police say they have leads as to where these three are heading. They're investigating those leads and also following up with Murray's family.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3137341

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »

I sure hope she will testify against him!!!!!

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:19:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »

That says a lot, His own mother thinks he could have done it.....I hope they get this dirtbag.

Maine, born and raised!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 06:39:30 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:19:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 12:37:14 PM »

Senior community residents concerned following woman's connection to Jones death

Last Update: 4/22
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - People at a senior living center in West Valley are concerned after one of their neighbors ended up in Branson, Missouri and her connection to the death of Debbie Jones.

Patricia Murray left her apartment with the man she considered her boyfriend.

Now, the woman police say is mentally challenged is in custody in Branson, Missouri.

She told her friends she was leaving with her boyfriend to go on a trip.

She packed a bag and on Friday she was gone.

She left a note on the door to meals on wheels. It said, ”I will be leaving today.” The note was dated, 4-19, Saturday. The date had been changed a couple of times. It was signed, “Patricia Murray.”

On Tuesday, Patricia’s neighbors worry she was also a victim in this sad story.

Neighbor Carol Wood says, “I feel sorry for her. I hope she gets to come back here.”

Another resident of the senior living apartments says she saw him many times working on the computer in the clubhouse and talking on the cell phone. In fact, she claims he even came onto her before asking about her personal finances.

Mary Anne Griess says "He told me that he would like to go out with me and get to know me better and he asked me what kind of guys I liked to date and be with.

It was a phone call from a suspicious neighbor that tipped police off to the fact Patricia was missing and may be with Michael Doyel.

In fact, police were in the parking lot of Patricia’s apartment complex Monday night when Patricia’s best friend got a phone call.

Patricia was on a cell phone in Branson, Missouri. She said she was sitting on the bed in a motel room and that she was okay.

Her friend could hear the voice of a man in the background prompting her what to say.

And she could hear Patricia’s reluctance to answer some questions.

That call was placed right around 9:00 p.m. Just minutes later, police in Branson found her along with Doyel and the body of Deborah Jones.

Patricia Murray is being held in Branson while she is questioned by police.

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=d544f1c1-4f04-48f6-8a1e-44b31195e90d

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »

Kidnapping Suspect Connected With Prior Missing Woman

Apr 23, 2008
CEDAR RAPIDS - Cedar Rapids native Mike Doyel is in jail while police try to determine what happened in the disappearance of a Utah woman, Deborah Jones. Police arrested Doyel and another person in Branson after they were found driving Jones' missing car.  Jones was found dead in the trunk. Now investigators are trying to piece together what happened.

In 1999, Doyel was also involved in a case involving a missing woman here in Iowa. Juanita Plowman disappeared after beginning a relationship with Mike Doyel. Her son filed a missing persons report.  The pair were later found at the Country Inn in West Valley, Utah. Juanita Plowman was safe, but not before losing a lot of money and losing time from her family for more than a month.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/18053154.html

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:50 AM »

I hope that LE can sweat the truth out of this loser pretty quick.  What a despicable creature.  Gives a bad name to a nice place like Iowa.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »

Suspect in murder case charged with kidnapping other woman
April 23rd, 2008 @ 10:00pm
Gene Kennedy and Andrew Adams reporting

A Utah woman probably was dead for three or more days when police discovered her body in a storage container in her car in Missouri, a coroner said.

Deborah Jones of Salt Lake City, who disappeared last week after complaining to police about her ex-boyfriend, died of asphyxiation, Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy said.

Her body was found Monday night in her car at a motel in Branson, Mo. Her ex-boyfriend, Michael Doyel, and another woman were taken into custody.

Jones, 50, likely was dead for three or four days, said Tweedy, who could not provide any other details. He said it was consistent with a homicide.

Michael Doyel has not been charged in connection with Deborah Jones' death, but he is charged with kidnapping the other woman, Patricia Murray. Court documents say he took her from a senior complex where she lived. The documents filed in 3rd District Court in Salt Lake City say Murray cannot care for herself and has been living in assisted adult housing.

Murray is still in Missouri. She'll be heading home by the end of the week, while Doyel will be headed to another courtroom. At a court appearance in Forsyth, MO, Michael Doyel waived extradition. West Valley City police will bring him back to Utah Friday.

While on his way to a holding cell, he waved to the TV camera and professed his love for the woman found dead in the car he was driving there. "I love you Deborah Marie Jones," he said.

Meanwhile, more than 1,000 miles away, where Patricia Murray lives, her friends are grateful she's OK. They say Michael Doyel manipulated her. The two met at her clubhouse, according to Murray's best friend, who did not want to be identified.

That friend said, "He was an ex-husband to one of the residents here. She wanted to learn how to use the computer, he was always on it, so he offered to help her with that, and that's how they met."

Kathy says a platonic friendship grew out of that but next-door neighbor Merle Meadows says there was more to it. "She said 'He's my boyfriend and if he has to go, I'm going with him.' She went on her own will. She said, ‘I am going with him.'"

Still, technically, it's kidnapping because only Murray's legal guardian can give her permission to leave the state. Nonetheless, she went off to Missouri with Doyel. Murray's friends say she had no idea Deborah Jones' body was inside the car.

Her friend said, "When I told her the body was in that container, I thought she was gonna pass out from the sound of her voice. She was very, very upset about it."

Neighbor Tom Mitchell said, "Pat certainly, if she would have known, she would have had no complicity in this and wouldn't have been involved at all."

It's unclear if Patricia Murray will face charges.

Murray's friends say Michael Doyel would ask about their incomes and they never felt safe around him.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3151643

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Man Who Allegedly Killed His Ex-Girlfriend And Stuffed Her In Plastic Box Found Incompetent To Stand Trial" Rolling Eyes

A judge in Utah has ruled that a man who allegedly killed his ex-girlfriend, then stuffed her body into a 50 gallon plastic bin and, drove to Branson with her dead body in the woman's stolen car incompetent to stand trial.

Authorities filed first-degree murder charges, theft and obstruction of justice charges against Michael Doyel in the death of Deborah Jones last April.

Jones allegedly told authorities and family members that Doyel had been harassing her in the days leading up to her disappearance.

Cops found Jones' vehicle in the parking lot at the 76 Inn Motel in Branson.

Authorities used triangulation from cell phones that Doyel and Murray had in their position that narrowed their search to Branson

Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy says that an autopsy showed that Jones' cause of death was strangulation, or positional asphyxiation; that happens when a person is put in an awkward position and can't get enough air into their lungs.

State and Federal prosecutors are reviewing the case as well because they believe Doyel allegedly kidnapped another woman, Patricia Murray, 59, of West Valley City, Utah, and brought her with him to Branson.

Prosecutors will review the case on May 23, 2009.
http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/01/man-who-allegleldy-killed-his-ex.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

AGAIN!!!! Rolling Eyes

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:20:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.