April 17, 2024, 08:16:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this help our Country  (Read 4123 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 28, 2006, 09:00:03 PM »

http://freedomfolks.blogspot.com/2006/08/illegal-alien-evades-deportation-in.html

Dear LV,
This is the story I promised you. What do you think about these kind of people that are intent on helping illegal immigrants in our Country?  Now keep in mind, I am all for legal immigration... just not the illegal stuff and we don't know who all is here.... to me that's scary!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:29:01 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red,

Thank you for your kindness in remembering about the article. In reading it, I realized I had heard of the case. What I heard was: An illegal Mexican woman, who had borne a child in the United States - thus he was a US citizen, was holed up in a church to avoid deportation. She didn't want to be separated from her child. I did not know she was previously deported or had been convicted of Social Security fraud. I don't know the answer to Elvira Arellano's case.  If she is deported, does the son go with her?  Does she have relatives here that the boy can stay with? If so, how will she ever see him again unless he travels to Mexico?

What do you think should be done with Elvira and her son?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Dear Mrs. Red,

Thank you for your kindness in remembering about the article. In reading it, I realized I had heard of the case. What I heard was: An illegal Mexican woman, who had borne a child in the United States - thus he was a US citizen, was holed up in a church to avoid deportation. She didn't want to be separated from her child. I did not know she was previously deported or had been convicted of Social Security fraud. I don't know the answer to Elvira Arellano's case.  If she is deported, does the son go with her?  Does she have relatives here that the boy can stay with? If so, how will she ever see him again unless he travels to Mexico?

What do you think should be done with Elvira and her son?

Appears to me the lady is just trying to beat the system.

Just because the son is a 'citizen' dosen't mean he 'has' to stay here.

She should be deported and she can decide if she wants to take her son with her or not.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »

The priest who was defending her based on his Biblical teaching should remember that Jesus admonished us to obey and render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, reminding us that this woman had created fraud and should be prosecuted, sent back to her homeland after repaying what she has stolen from "Caesar" (USA).

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:58:08 PM »

LV... I agree with Carnut and Tyler,  why can't she take she son with her?  I think the Preist is completely misguided and is not doing the right thing.  He probably thinks he is... but how is he truly helping anyone?  

This whole thing reminds me slightly of Elian Gonzales.  Under President Clinton we sent Elian Gonzales back to Cuba. In fact they raided the home of his family here in Miami in the middle of the night...and ripped him from his bed.  His dad KNEW he was coming to the USA... and his mom died bringing him here...   My good friend's family was friends with his Miami family's atty... the press skewed that story to unbelivable lengths... .but I digress... but if Elian - who's mom died bringing him here had to leave (Elian)... why shouldn't this woman need to take her son and come back legally if she wants to live here?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 09:52:36 PM »

I confess to having an "old-timer's" moment, but I never thought of her taking the son with her.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 10:09:30 PM »

I confess to having an "old-timer's" moment, but I never thought of her taking the son with her.

LV, it's because it has been presented that she can't....

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 10:23:29 PM »

Mrs. Red, I'm confused.  

You wrote above "LV... I agree with Carnut and Tyler, why can't she take she son with her?" so I thought that option was available. Now you are saying "it's because it has been presented that she can't." So she CANNOT take the boy with her?

That changes everything, including my mind. I would die before I could endure having my child ripped away from me.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 02:22:15 PM »

Mrs. Red, I'm confused.  

You wrote above "LV... I agree with Carnut and Tyler, why can't she take she son with her?" so I thought that option was available. Now you are saying "it's because it has been presented that she can't." So she CANNOT take the boy with her?

That changes everything, including my mind. I would die before I could endure having my child ripped away from me.

No what I meant LV was that the articles, etc are protraying that she can't take her son... she CAN.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 11:54:22 PM »

Thanks for clueing me in, Mrs. Red, so I can write coherently.

If she can take the child with her, he will be better off leaving the country as soon as possible. All this tension with the church, police and media is not in the best interest of the child. This illegal woman in the church is not thinking about the well being of her son.  She is thinking only of herself.  

What do you think will happen? I can't remember a case where the police stormed a church. It would set a precedent.

However, there are always going to be priests who will give shelter to whoever needs it. Here in Los Angeles Cardinal Roger M. Mahony has currently said he will not turn over any illegal immigrants who come to his cathedral for asylum.  The police would rather ignore it than deal with it.

I suppose the only answer is negotiation.  This is a terrible situation.  Is the child going to be the bargaining chip?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »

It would appear that the mother was using the child as a bargining chip from the start.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.