March 28, 2024, 03:35:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIGGEST TRAVEL EVENT YET..WASH DC IN JUNE  (Read 19924 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 12:08:43 AM »

Posted by Linda in MD

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #759 6/18 -
« Reply #762 on: June 21, 2008, 10:28:11 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I met Vicki today at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington DC.

This incredible woman and her wonderful husband drove from Florida to DC with 4 grandchildren, including a 6 month old and a 2 year old.  Before she left the building, she left Natalee dollars on many tables in the Caribbean exhibit, in the hands of several teenagers, with several business owners in the food court, and in several ladies rooms.

Vicki - It was great to meet you.  I have 2 good photos of you and your granddaughters.  I just need some AT&T customer service to help me spring them from my cell phone.

Jodi - Thank you for the beautiful t-shirt.

The exhibit tables were not manned today.  I was told the exhibits are not until Sunday because of a wedding today.  The exhibit tables set up in the Atrium Hall were identified by participant.  None were labeled as Aruba. 

After I made inquiries about whether Aruba would have a table, I was approached by a man who told me that Aruba was not represented at the show this year.  In response to my question, he said he worked for an event management company hired by the Caribbean.

He showed me a floor plan of exhibit tables, which I asked to keep.  The floor plan shows 4 tables in addition to the tables set up today.  I believe the additional tables are in the Atrium in the center of the area, more predominate than the tables on the side of the area in the Atrium hall.  The Atrium was set up for a wedding today.

One of the additional tables, labeled #1, is for Caribbean Tourism Development Company. 

I am 99% certain I saw Aruba’s minister of tourism Briesen in the Ronald Reagan building.

Among the activities scheduled today were CTO foundation meeting, CTO marketing committee, CTO financial committee, CHA advocacy, CHA membership, CHA marketing, CTO board of directors, CHA executive committee, wedding, wedding reception, and dinner.

Linda

Caribbean tourism development company launched by CTO, CHA
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
ARUBA, Netherlands Antilles: The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and the Caribbean Hotel Association (CHA) have launched the Caribbean Tourism Development Company (CTDC), a private, for profit entity registered in the Cayman Islands and designed to generate marketing to further support the promotion of the region.

Thanks for this report, Linda. Thank you for going. And Yes, Vicki is amazing.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Hope†
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »

Thank you Vicki and Linda and any others that went, to stand with the girl. I have gone to one travel show and it is so heartwarming to know that you have done something for Natalee. I wish that I could do more.

Vicki, I salute you for all that you do. Please know that you are so appreciated. You make us proud, girl.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »

Yesterday, at the Annual Caribbean Tourism Summit in DC they had their speaker conference.  The guy at the podium was talking about the lack of people in the audience and was begging everyone to move up to the front seats.  I captured some of the video that was being broadcast live on the website with my camera (without sound).   

Here is the link to the website.  There will be something live again today:

http://www.actsdc.com/index.html
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.