April 28, 2024, 04:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Anti-Christ  (Read 31687 times)
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2008, 12:08:41 PM »

that endorsement is now withdrawn after Obama's AIPAC speech.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »

Hi CAESU.   I find it curious you find American politics so interesting.   I've seen your tremendous interest and knowledge of Dutch politics, I'm just curious about your motivation in ours.  Is it the war?  Though, I don't agree with you,  I'm open to debate.   I am truly curious of your interest and steadfast support of Obama.  TIA

I am curious why you did not address Janet with the same inquiry - she is not an American.
Or is it because she supports your candidate for the American Presidency? And caesu supports the opposing candidate?

Kermit,  Quite frankly I forgot she was in Canada, but is also lives directly by the U.S. border.  So please do not accuse me of failing to ask her, since we agree with the same views, that never even dawned on me, until just now, thank you.  But since you mentioned it, I'll respond by saying, I do believe our politics, do have a bigger impact on Canada, as our direct neighbor.  Correct me if I'm wrong Janet,  you have family/friends here, over the border, less than an hour away, who will be directly impacted?   

I only asked CAESU out of genuine curiosity.  I even said, I respect them for there knowledge in politics, and they didn't seem to be offended....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
crazybabyborg
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

that endorsement is now withdrawn after Obama's AIPAC speech.

Yes, according to the more recent statements from Hamas, it would seem so. Coinciding with the Jerusalem statement from Obama and Hamas' reaction, there has also been no further assertion that Hamas endorses him from the GOP or anyone else that I know. It was true when it was true and accurately asserted by McCain, and changed when Hamas changed their mind.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 06:54:54 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »

My comments in RED

Hi CAESU.   I find it curious you find American politics so interesting.   I've seen your tremendous interest and knowledge of Dutch politics, I'm just curious about your motivation in ours.  Is it the war?  Though, I don't agree with you,  I'm open to debate.   I am truly curious of your interest and steadfast support of Obama.  TIA

i think it is hugely important for america and the world that they choose a new leader who does a 180 degrees u-turn on bush policies.

the amount of damage he has done is huge.  The fact that Bush did not plan, nor foresee 9/11 ahead of time, he was given a tough blow from the very beginning of his term.  He is doing what he felt necessary to protect the US and our allied countries from further terrorism.  Were there mistakes?  Yes!

israel for example is very much less secure due to bush policies. Iran and Syria and other radical muslims have always wanted to wipe them off the face of the earth, Bush did not make it worse

the war Iraq was first about WMD, then it swiched to 'regime-change' then it switched to Al-Qaida (who wasn't in Iraq in the first place) - and now the USA is using its treasure and blood to keep a Shia Islamist puppet regime in power...
Iran has hugely hugely benefitted from all this. they are now the major superpower in the region.

Iran was a danger before and is worse with Amadinijad's radical, hate filled fanaticism.  What happened in Iraq, would not have stopped him.
Iran has more influence in Iraq than the Iraqi-puppet government itself.
Iran is threatening Israel directly and through Hamas/Hezbollah.
bush can be grateful that not more wars have erupted in that region due to his policies.

i don't believe in anti-christ theories but if i did i would put bush high on the list for possible candidates.
 You don't have an understanding of what how the anti-christ is described.  Bush is obviously not 'loved' by all! i've always had interest for american politics but i really started following it after the 2000 and 2004 elections.
i just couldn't believe the democrates couldn't put up a nominee to defeat bush.

and now after 8 years wrecking the country and the world, still there are some who worship him?  He's prevented another attack
how is this possible?
i think but i am not entirely sure, that it is for a large part due to instilling fear in the hearts of the people.
of course 9/11 was terrible and the hunt for Bin Laden needs to be re-started.
but the GOP has been using 9/11 since for political means.  Look how many attacks were stopped in progress across the worldand now again the fear tactic is used, by suggesting Barack is anti-american, muslim and more such things
fear is a very powerful tool.  Yes, it is, but it can also keep us safe, by enabling us to make the right decisions (like we lock our doors for fear of intruders, ok poor example, but you get my message), whether we like them or not.  Obama is going to bring home our troops, then what?  The war will have been in vain and the threats will be greater in the future.
i've got great respect for mccain. but he really has to DENOUNCE bush now.
but when he does, people will ask why didn't you do this earlier, and why were his votes 95% in favor of bush?
Frankly, I admit, I was not a supporter of McCain, but because I am conservative and respect his experience, I support him 100%
here in the netherlands the election is followed closely. most support obama i think.
but some do mccain as well. anything is better than bush.
but the netherlands was a staunch supporter of bush. participated in the wars in iraq and afghanistan.

and for obama. i know you might laugh now but i think he is a great uniter.  I don't believe in my life history, have I seen the country so divided and he has NO experience, let alone, his liberal views, which are the cause of the decay in our country.  He is too far right to unite us.and that is what the country needs now. bush and the GOP divided the country.
for example by calling anti-war people unpatriotic. that is a disgrace. how dare they?
but obama needs more than 4 years to repair the damage that is done.  If this is the case, it will take McCain and his experience and less baggage. this is going to be a huge task. if there are no results fast, the GOP will give him a hard time, which is hypocritical.  That's American politics on either side of the aisle,  hypocritical.  I really don't trust any of them when it comes down to it he has his plans for the future. it is no just great speeches and all talk talk talk.
i hope he accepts those 10 town hall meeting mccain proposed.
i can't wait for the first debates.  I AM looking forward to the coming debates!
the amount of participation in politics in america is really great. it is a great democracy that everybody has a voice and their opinion. how different they might be.
compared to the netherlands here with an election few really pay attention.
but here the system isn't working due to coalition governments. you never get where you vote for.
for example only 5% wanted this government. the two parties even said they didn't want to govern together.
but after the results they did anyway. and they had to mix all their stances and what came out was a cripled government.
always infighting and nothing gets done. result: all coalition parties took a nosedive in the polls.
so they don't dare to call new elections. lame duck government by default.

but things are changing. in two years time they have to call election says the constitution.
i think many will get involved, not as much as in the USA, but many will. it will be interesting then.  It is sad what you say about NL politics,  we are very lucky in the U.S..  It's not perfect, but democacy here it is the best.

from the first day a found this forum i greatly admired the search for the truth in the disappearance of Natalee.
really good effort. all information is analyzed over and over again. very good work... i was really lost for words for a few days after seeing how much time and determination was used.   I don't see how you can compare the Natalee case, with politics.  We are all very passionate in both discussions, but there is one goal for Natalee's case, which is more cut and dry.  Justice at all costs!   Politics is driven by so many different views, either conservative, moderate and liberal.  We have very passionate people all sides.  It's NOT cut and dry by far.  I try not to bash others for not agreeing with me, but to debate in a manner to pursuade.  I hope NEVER to offend anybody, as I only state my own opinion and the facts as I see them from my world view.
that's why i find it mingboggling why as to Barack Obama all of a sudden different standards are used.
all kinds of rumor are treated as if they were facts. and quotes from him are taken out of context or just simple false and taken for the truth. and all kinds of conclusions are taken from that. there seems to be frantic search for 3rd degree or higher associations of him. then quotes from them are also taken out of context or mixed up and derived from that Obama is called a racist and anti-American and more...???  Those are the facts as I see them, by MY views again,  but obviously not everyone agrees.  That's the beautiful thing about Democracy and free speech!i've find it fascinating what is behind that. what is the driving force behind that?
why resort too such cheap low and dirty methods? in back of their heads everyone knows that this is not fair i hope to believe...
why not just discuss his plans for the country?  That's the problem, I still am not clear what his plans really are!   And the one's I've heard, I personally do not agree with. I really can't wait for the upcoming debates.

Funny thing is, I was a Democrat prior to Bush, and have changed my views since 9/11 and probably with age, as I've become much more conservative.   I don't like the lack of morals and values in this country and they only keep getting worse.  We are taking God out of everything, which is what our country was founded on and I do fear the real beliefs of Obama vs what he "says" and has displayed in the past.  They ALL say things to win, which is why I really don't trust any of them.  But I am grateful for our wonderful country and only hope and pray for the best for our future and that of the world.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

I would like to add this to Dihannah's comments:

Obama's plan is to bring our troops home from Iraq, period. In the same breath, he says that Iran's nuclear race is a threat to the entire world ( America and Israel would be at the top of the list in that threat. ) Let's think about that a second.

Israel is the only ingrained democracy in the entire region and a strong ally of the US. It's a mutual relationship. If we do as Obama intends and evacuate a presence in Iraq, that statement remains unaltered. BUT, the strategic advantage of the US maintaining bases in Iraq over a long period of time, accomplishes exactly what McCain said that he has received so much criticism for: it gives us a foothold on the very border of a country that is openly aggressive to freedom loving nations everywhere, and it provides an environment that nourishes a young democracy toward stability. That's an incredibly important thing for BOTH Iraq and the US. That prospect, along with the virtual defeat of Al Qeada (both in physical terms and most importantly in the hearts of Iraqi citizens) has been an immeasurable assistance to keeping our homeland free from successful attack since 911.

Regardless of the rhetoric that is spewed forth from Osama Bin Laden, don't think for a moment that terrorists groups throughout the region miss the point that there is a price to pay for harboring terrorism, and that's a point that, unfortunately, is the only language that seems to translate despite the language barrier.

I'm mind-boggled at how this debate is perpetuated throughout the political campaigns without contrasting life in Iraq pre and post Saddam. There has been a war to effect the transition and there has been loss both to our troops and to citizens of Iraq. I am not minimizing that. The loss of life over years of his terroristic oppression under Saddam makes the war's losses look like a picnic, and the hope that has taken root there is evidenced by Iraq's eagerness for our troops to remain.

We have been in Japan since WWII. It's an assignment for our troops without danger, and our relationship with Japan is an example of mutually beneficial cooperation. It's an example of how we enjoy a geographical strategic presence in that part of world, and they enjoy the security of our military promise in the event of attack. Those principles are magnified and multiplied in importance in the hotspot known as the Middle East.

Lastly, and less tangibly, is the contagious nature of individual freedom and democracy itself. If we don't recognize that, I guarantee you that dictators and terrorists do! The "West's" ideology is the real threat to their power and they do not want it to be planted and spread in their own backyard! Look at how their women are treated, their citizenry is isolated, and their dissidents are squelched!  That same Western ideology is our most powerful weapon against all those who would harm us and innocents throughout the world.

At some point, we must ask ourselves the value of human life and measure our responses against what Iran, Hamas, Suicide Bombers, and Al Quieda would answer. It's not a simple answer and it comes with a price, which ever way we decide. Ultimately, the price is far higher if we answer that we'll just take care of us and barricade ourselves within our own borders and dig in to protect our own soil. This world has grown too small for that, and there isn't a wall big enough to secure us. The answer must have depth and vision beyond winning a political campaign. A sound bite declaring that we'll pull troops out 60 days after taking office is the most reckless, dangerous words that could be spoken, and in my opinion, prostitutes the office of the Presidency before it is ever gained. The price for ANY individual's political ambition should never be pre-purchased with endangering the very voters being solicited.

The thoughtfulness required does not fit easily into a sound bite, and I'm fearful that the cheering crowds that respond to a truly inspirational speaker are innocent sheep being led to slaughter. JMHO!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »

My comments in RED

Funny thing is, I was a Democrat prior to Bush, and have changed my views since 9/11 and probably with age, as I've become much more conservative.   I don't like the lack of morals and values in this country and they only keep getting worse.  We are taking God out of everything, which is what our country was founded on and I do fear the real beliefs of Obama vs what he "says" and has displayed in the past.  They ALL say things to win, which is why I really don't trust any of them.  But I am grateful for our wonderful country and only hope and pray for the best for our future and that of the world.

I don't see a lot of differentiation.  I'd like to see some aggressive movement on energy independence (20 years, little if any dependence of oil), healthcare (good basic care for everyone), and education (back to basics).  Make every dollar do the work of two or three dollars. 

What good does it do to rely on oil if very few can afford the oil based products?  If, as a nation, we are held hostage by oil producing countries? 

What good does it do to promise increased healthcare coverage, and education spending, if there is no money to pay for it? 

I see more of the same from many candidates. 

IMO - Clinton seems to be the only one who said (my paraphrase) it won't be easy - existing benefits need to be addressed.  Also, she identified that debt is a lasting legacy and one that should not be passed on to children and grandchildren.

Does it matter if how well educated our children are if there are no jobs?  Does it matter how elaborate their education is if they lack basic skills? 

I think the direction of the U.S. in many areas needs reshaping and pruning, but I do not see that from Obama or McCain. 

Some people do not like change.  They resist.  Change comes anyway.  It can come in the form of a gentle rain, or a tsunami.  Best be prepared.  jmho

"There is always someone who isn't going to like you." - get over it.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »

CBB, very well said and so true.  Much more eloquent than I can ever put down in words.

CAESU,  Very valid points.  Wouldn't it be nice if we COULD all concentrate on issues from within our own borders and our allies, such as the important issues you mention, without the need to deal with the hassle of terrorists and Anti-Democracy haters?  It isn't going to go away, no matter who's in office.  But it is important, who is in office and can deal with it with experience and lack of baggage they bring.   

I'm going to inject something else, I recieved in an email today.  I am not able to confirm the validity, but it is something to research more on and to think about.

Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: John McCain's son
Lauren remembers when she first met Jimmy McCain at a Brophy football game, they were both freshmen!  She said he was a typical class clown, everyone really liked him and he never took things too seriously.  Now look at him and where this kid stands!  There may be a lot of bad press about John McCain, but this is one tight knit, close family that has been doing something right!!

(This is from my daughter-in-law's sister) Barb

Talk about putting your most valuable where your mouth is! Apparently this was not "newsworthy" enough for the media to comment about. Can either of the other presidential candidates truthfully come close to this? ... Just a question for each of us to seek an answer, and not a statement.

You see...character is what's shown when the public is not looking. There were no cameras or press invited to what you are about to read about, and the story comes from one person in New Hampshire.

One evening last July, Senator John McCain of Arizona arrived at the New Hampshire home of Erin Flanagan for sandwiches, chocolate-chip cookies and a heartfelt talk about Iraq. They had met at a presidential debate, when she asked the candidates what they would do to bring home American soldiers - -
soldiers like her brother, who had been killed in action a few months earlier.

Mr. McCain did not bring cameras or press. Instead, he brought his youngest son, James McCain, 19, then a private first class in the Marine Corps about to leave for Iraq. Father and son sat down to hear more about Ms. Flanagan's brother Michael Cleary, a 24-year-old Army First Lieutenant killed by an ambush ... a roadside bomb.

No one mentioned the obvious: In just days, Jimmy McCain could face similar perils. 'I can't imagine what it must have been like for them as they were coming to meet with a family that ......' Ms. Flanagan recalled, choking up. 'We lost a dear one,' she finished.

Mr. McCain, now the presumptive Republican nominee, has staked his candidacy on the promise that American troops can bring stability to Iraq. What he almost never says is that one of them is his own son, who spent seven months patrolling Anbar Province and learned of his father's New Hampshire victory in January while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Two of Jimmy's three older brothers went into the military. Doug McCain, 48, was a Navy pilot. Jack McCain, 21, is to graduate from the Naval Academy next year, raising the chances that his father, if elected, could become the first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower with a son at war.

I chose to share this with those who I believe will pass it on, to others who will pass it on. We hear so much inflated trash out there. How about a simple act of kindness ... and dedication to others placed above oneself?

Has anybody heard if Barack Hussein Obama has served in The American Armed  Services?

This is for all you Barack voters.

From Barack's book, Audacity of Hope:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

HE DID NOT SAY STAND WITH AMERICANS!!!!!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

I apoligize,  I responded in my above post to CAESU, rather than Whiskeygirl......    Sorry....

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »

CBB, very well said and so true.  Much more eloquent than I can ever put down in words.

CAESU,  Very valid points.  Wouldn't it be nice if we COULD all concentrate on issues from within our own borders and our allies, such as the important issues you mention, without the need to deal with the hassle of terrorists and Anti-Democracy haters?  It isn't going to go away, no matter who's in office.  But it is important, who is in office and can deal with it with experience and lack of baggage they bring.   

I'm going to inject something else, I recieved in an email today.  I am not able to confirm the validity, but it is something to research more on and to think about.

Subject: Fwd: FW: Fw: John McCain's son
Lauren remembers when she first met Jimmy McCain at a Brophy football game, they were both freshmen!  She said he was a typical class clown, everyone really liked him and he never took things too seriously.  Now look at him and where this kid stands!  There may be a lot of bad press about John McCain, but this is one tight knit, close family that has been doing something right!!

(This is from my daughter-in-law's sister) Barb

Talk about putting your most valuable where your mouth is! Apparently this was not "newsworthy" enough for the media to comment about. Can either of the other presidential candidates truthfully come close to this? ... Just a question for each of us to seek an answer, and not a statement.

You see...character is what's shown when the public is not looking. There were no cameras or press invited to what you are about to read about, and the story comes from one person in New Hampshire.

One evening last July, Senator John McCain of Arizona arrived at the New Hampshire home of Erin Flanagan for sandwiches, chocolate-chip cookies and a heartfelt talk about Iraq. They had met at a presidential debate, when she asked the candidates what they would do to bring home American soldiers - -
soldiers like her brother, who had been killed in action a few months earlier.

Mr. McCain did not bring cameras or press. Instead, he brought his youngest son, James McCain, 19, then a private first class in the Marine Corps about to leave for Iraq. Father and son sat down to hear more about Ms. Flanagan's brother Michael Cleary, a 24-year-old Army First Lieutenant killed by an ambush ... a roadside bomb.

No one mentioned the obvious: In just days, Jimmy McCain could face similar perils. 'I can't imagine what it must have been like for them as they were coming to meet with a family that ......' Ms. Flanagan recalled, choking up. 'We lost a dear one,' she finished.

Mr. McCain, now the presumptive Republican nominee, has staked his candidacy on the promise that American troops can bring stability to Iraq. What he almost never says is that one of them is his own son, who spent seven months patrolling Anbar Province and learned of his father's New Hampshire victory in January while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Two of Jimmy's three older brothers went into the military. Doug McCain, 48, was a Navy pilot. Jack McCain, 21, is to graduate from the Naval Academy next year, raising the chances that his father, if elected, could become the first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower with a son at war.

I chose to share this with those who I believe will pass it on, to others who will pass it on. We hear so much inflated trash out there. How about a simple act of kindness ... and dedication to others placed above oneself?

Has anybody heard if Barack Hussein Obama has served in The American Armed  Services?

This is for all you Barack voters.

From Barack's book, Audacity of Hope:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

HE DID NOT SAY STAND WITH AMERICANS!!!!!

i might respond in a longer post, also to your earlier posts.
thanks for your posts.

but you are copying here from smear e-mails.
these are incorrect quotes.
i wonder how many people are being misled by those smear e-mails and get the wrong idea of mccain.
wouldn't that be sad? that they afterwards realize that they casted the wrong vote based on those smear e-mails?

these 'swift boat' kind of smearing worked, so now it is tried again to smear obama...
i agree with some of your reservations towards obama. for example 20 years in the trinity church.
but please. try to double check, because so much smearing is going on.

some really believe obama got sworn in on the koran! and it gets posted all over the internet.
so again the smearing seems to have worked.

i admire the involvement of so many people supporting the candidates.
i wish here in the netherlands there was so much involvement.
but if the time is used to smear with false and out of context and playing on prejudices and fear.
it is just really sad... i think. and it divides, because people start to hate the opposite camp.
after all you are all americans, not democrats or republicans.

to say that obama is affiliated with terrorists, i am not saying you do.
but endorsements by hamas are brought up. which is false but the way.
but how low can one go...
then democracy and free speech is really abused if such things are shouted at eachother.

EMAIL
From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

FULL QUOTE
"Whenever I appear before immigrant audiences, I can count on some good-natured ribbing from my staff after my speech; according to them, my remarks always follow a three-part structure: "I am your friend," "[Fill in the home country] has been a cradle of civilization," and "You embody the American dream." They're right, my message is simple, for what I've come to understand is that my mere presence before these newly minted Americans serves notice that they matter, that they are voters critical to my success and full-fledged citizens deserving of respect.
Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." [Page 260-261]

http://factcheck.barackobama.com/

crazybabyborg
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »

Well..................................so much for the non-endorsement Hamas gave Obama for his "undivided Jerusalem" statement. Obama seems to have "changed his mind". Obama's Shifting Foreign Policy Shows That The Only Real Change He's Promising Is In His Own Positions

Obama 4 Foreign Policy Flip Flops Fri Jun 6, 1:16 PM ET

WASHINGTON, June 6 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/

FLIP-FLOP #1: In His Remarks To The Annual AIPAC Policy Conference, Obama Said That Jerusalem Should Be The Undivided Capital Of Israel, But Later Said The City's Future Should Be Negotiated By Israel And The Palestinians:

On Wednesday, Obama Said Jerusalem Would Be The Undivided Capital Of Israel. Obama: "Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At The Annual AIPAC Policy Conference, Arlington, VA, 6/4/08)

One Day Later, Obama Said The Future Of Jerusalem Would Have To Be Negotiated By Israel And The Palestinians. CNN's Candy Crowley: "I want to ask you about something you said in AIPAC yesterday. You said that Jerusalem must remain undivided. Do Palestinians have no claim to Jerusalem in the future?" Obama: "Well, obviously, it's going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues." (CNN's "The Situation Room," 6/5/08)

"Facing Criticism From Palestinians, Sen. Barack Obama Acknowledged Today That The Status Of Jerusalem Will Need To Be Negotiated In Future Peace Talks, Amending A Statement Earlier In The Week That Jerusalem 'Must Remain Undivided.'" (Glenn Kessler, "Obama Clarifies Remarks On Jerusalem," The Washington Post's "The Trail," Blog, www.washingtonpost.com, 6/5/08)

FLIP-FLOP #2: Obama Now Claims That He Will Only Meet With Foreign Leaders At A Time Of His Choosing If It Will Advance U.S. Interests, But Previously Said He Would Meet With Rogue Leaders His First Year In Office Without Preconditions:

In His Remarks To The AIPAC Conference, Obama Claimed That He Would Only Meet With The "Appropriate Iranian Leaders At A Time And Place" Of His Choosing. Obama: "Contrary to the claims of some, I have no interest in sitting down with our adversaries just for the sake of talking. But as President of the United States, I would be willing to lead tough and principled diplomacy with the appropriate Iranian leaders at a time and place of my choosing - if, and only if - it can advance the interests of the United States." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At The Annual AIPAC Policy Conference, Arlington, VA, 6/4/08)

But At A July 2007 Debate, Obama Said He Would Meet With Hostile Leaders During His First Year In Office. Question: "[W]ould you be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?"...Obama: "I would. And the reason is this, that the notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them - which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration - is ridiculous." (CNN/YouTube Democrat Presidential Candidate Debate, Charleston, SC, 7/23/07)

At A September 2007 Press Conference, Obama Confirmed That He Would Meet Specifically With Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Question: "Senator, you've said before that you'd meet with President Ahmadinejad ..." Obama: "Uh huh." Question: "Would you still meet with him today?" Obama: "Yeah, nothing's changed with respect to my belief that strong countries and strong presidents talk to their enemies and talk to their adversaries. I find many of President Ahmadinejad's statements odious and I've said that repeatedly. And I think that we have to recognize that there are a lot of rogue nations in the world that don't have American interests at heart. But what I also believe is that, as John F. Kennedy said, we should never negotiate out of fear but we should never fear to negotiate." (Sen. Barack Obama, Press Conference, New York, NY, 9/24/07)

FLIP-FLOP #3: Obama Has Pivoted In His Opposition To Legislation Labeling Iran's Revolutionary Guard A Terrorist Organization:

Obama Has Been Inconsistent In His Views On Labeling Iran's Revolutionary Guard A Terrorist Organization. "Obama's campaign suddenly discovered that their man -despite having spent the last nine months campaigning on his opposition to Kyl-Lieberman - 'has consistently urged that Iran's Revolutionary Guard be labeled what it is: a terrorist organization.' Well, not that consistently. Senator Obama has been scrupulously careful not to call explicitly for designation of the IRGC as a terrorist organization. Now, however, with the Democratic nomination almost in hand, Obama feels comfortable telling a pro-Israel audience what it wants to hear."(Danielle Pletka, "Obama's Pander Pivot," Weekly Standard, 6/4/08)

"[T]he Audience At AIPAC Might Ask Why Senator Obama Has Pivoted From Opposition To 'Lieberman-Kyl' To Support For The IRGC Designation His Audience Demands. Is This Really Change They Can Believe In?" (Danielle Pletka, "Obama's Pander Pivot," Weekly Standard, 6/4/08)

"Which Barack Obama Will Be The Democratic Standard-Bearer: The One Who Vowed To 'Eliminate' The Iranian Nuclear Threat Two Days Ago, Or The One Who Opposed Designating The Revolutionary Guards A Terrorist Organization?" (Editorial, "Obama And Iran," The Washington Times, 6/6/08)

FLIP-FLOP #4: Obama Now Claims That He Opposed Palestinian Elections In 2006, But He Supported Them At That Time:

Obama Says That He Opposed Palestinian Elections In 2006. Obama: "There is no room at the negotiating table for terrorist organizations. That is why I opposed holding elections in 2006 with Hamas on the ballot. The Israelis and the Palestinian Authority warned us at the time against holding these elections, but this administration pressed ahead. And the result is a Gaza controlled by Hamas, with rockets raining down on Israel." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At The Annual AIPAC Policy Conference, Arlington, VA, 6/4/08)

But During His 2006 Trip To The Middle East, Obama Met With Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas And Said The Election Represented An "Opportunity...To Consolidate Behind A Single Government." "Illinois Senator Barack Obama's journey to the Middle East took him to the West Bank Thursday for a meeting with the man elected to replace Yasser Arafat. ... For a time Thursday in the West Bank there was only the clatter of cameras as the newly elected president of the Palestinian authority, Mahmoud Abbas, met with Illinois Senator Barack Obama. At a meeting with Palestinian students Thursday, Obama said the U.S. will never recognize winning Hamas candidates unless the group renounces its fundamental mission to eliminate Israel, and Obama told ABC7 he delivered that message to the Palestinian president. 'Part of the opportunity here with this upcoming election is to consolidate behind a single government with a single authority that can then negotiate as a reliable partner with Israel,' said Obama." (Chuck Goudie, "Obama Meets With Arafat's Successor," ABC 7 News, http://obama.senate.gov, 1/12/06)

The Palestinian News Agency WAFA Reported That Obama Was Supportive Of The Palestinian Elections Being Held At Their Scheduled Time. "President Mahmoud Abbas met Thursday with the U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL), in the Presidential HQ in Ramallah...President briefed the U.S. Senator about the latest developments in the Palestinian territories including the preparations for the legislative elections.... Abbas and Obama discussed the means of underpinning the American-Palestinian economic relations...Obama asserted the US supports and eager that the Palestinian legislative elections on its proposed time (January 25)."

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2008, 07:32:23 AM »

haven't read all your copy pasted information but Palestinian News Agency WAFA is not a very reliable source. 

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2008, 08:59:57 AM »

I am curious why you did not address Janet with the same inquiry - she is not an American.
Or is it because she supports your candidate for the American Presidency? And caesu supports the opposing candidate?

Kermit,  Quite frankly I forgot she was in Canada, but is also lives directly by the U.S. border.  So please do not accuse me of failing to ask her, since we agree with the same views, that never even dawned on me, until just now, thank you.  But since you mentioned it, I'll respond by saying, I do believe our politics, do have a bigger impact on Canada, as our direct neighbor.  Correct me if I'm wrong Janet,  you have family/friends here, over the border, less than an hour away, who will be directly impacted?   

I only asked CAESU out of genuine curiosity.  I even said, I respect them for there knowledge in politics, and they didn't seem to be offended....

I ask the same question, and also without prejudice.  Janet, is Canadian, a mere stone's throw from  our "Total Northern American Border", geographically closer that  two of our states, Alaska and Hawaii.  I would be surprised if the citizens of Canada were NOT deeply concerned in our politics and National Security, as the latter, certainly strongly affects their Country.  Who, what and where caesu is coming from is VERY questionable.  Maybe he can be traced to The Netherlands, but what his affiliations and agenda here are.... extremely subversive, in the least!!!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2008, 09:24:23 AM »

i don't know if you ever look over your borders.
but the entire world is watching the US elections closely.

do you think all obama supporters are terrorists?

so that means than that half of the electorate is a terrorist.

Auntiem, you really need to get a grip.

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2008, 10:29:32 AM »

do you think all obama supporters are terrorists?so that means than that half of the electorate is a terrorist.

Where did I make the above statement??

( caesu, you need more than I "grip"!!!!   Start with a reality check!)
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »

do you think all obama supporters are terrorists?so that means than that half of the electorate is a terrorist.

Where did I make the above statement??

( caesu, you need more than I "grip"!!!!   Start with a reality check!)

i didn't see you making that statement.

but i ask you that question to get to know how much you need to get deprogrammed. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

haven't read all your copy pasted information but Palestinian News Agency WAFA is not a very reliable source. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080606/ap_on_el_pr/obama_jerusalem_fact_check_1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/06/AR2008060601590.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080606/pl_nm/usa_politics_obama_mideast_dc_3

I believe you will find the above links take you to news articles carrying the Jerusalem story, from Associated Press, Reuters, and the Washington Post. I purposefully chose Reuters and the Washington Post to post links because both are known to lean left. If you'd prefer other sources, you'll have hundreds of choices by Googleing.

No, not all Obama supporters are terrorists, just the ones that want to blow Americans and Israelis off the map.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »

No, not all Obama supporters are terrorists, just the ones that want to blow Americans and Israelis off the map.

cbb ... I see it so clearly and ... so do you.  I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

My youngest son's Dutch American FIL looks on the bright side ... the Obama issue is keeping his relationship with God alive and well ... he talks to Him continually about the rise of this relatively unknown.  Henke claims the cows at his dairy farm look at him strangely as he appears to mumbling to himself as he goes about his routine chores.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »

Good Morning Di.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »

cbb ... I see it so clearly and ... so do you.  I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

My youngest son's Dutch American FIL looks on the bright side ... the Obama issue is keeping his relationship with God alive and well ... he talks to Him continually about the rise of this relatively unknown.  Henke claims the cows at his dairy farm look at him strangely as he appears to mumbling to himself as he goes about his routine chores.

Janet

Thank you for the giggle this morning, Tamikosmom! 

And also for the fresh air even in the Twilight Zone! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »

cbb ... you are welcome.

I hope you have a good day.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.