April 27, 2024, 02:21:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Anti-Christ  (Read 31666 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »

When I consider the anti-Israel of those who Barack Obama has associated with throughout the last twenty years ... I am very skeptical.  Believe me ... my pro-Israel stand implies that I would have chosen my associates more wisely.

I firmly believe that a person is know by the "company he keeps."

Prepared Remarks: Obama at AIPAC Policy Conference
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I have been proud to be a part of a strong, bi-partisan consensus that has stood by Israel in the face of all threats. That is a commitment that both John McCain and I share, because support for Israel in this country goes beyond party.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/04/prepared-remarks-obama-at-aipac-policy-conference/

++++++++++++

Matthew 24
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »

Matthew 24
For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.

+++++++

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

... I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

+++++++++

Transcript: Rev. Jeremiah Wright speech to National Press Club
April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: … We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected. Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability …

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2008, 01:03:56 PM »

Clinton: Obama will be 'good friend to Israel'

Posted: 11:30 AM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama would be "a good friend to Israel" if elected, Sen. Hillary Clinton told a pro-Israel lobbying group Wednesday.

Though Clinton has yet to concede the Democratic race and spoke Wednesday of what she would do as president, she told the America-Israel Public Affairs Committee that Obama "understands what is at stake here."

"It has been an honor to contest these primaries with him. It is an honor to call him my friend. And let me be very clear: I know that Senator Obama will be a good friend to Israel," the New York senator and former first lady said.

"I know that Senator Obama shares my view that the next president must be ready to say to the world: America's position is unchanging, our resolve unyielding, our stance nonnegotiable. The United States stands with Israel, now and forever," she said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/04/clinton-obama-will-be-good-friend-to-israel/

Obama addresses rumors head-on at pro-Israel conference
Posted: 12:18 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Sen. Barack Obama directly addressed accusations that have been circulating by e-mail when he addressed a pro-Israel conference Wednesday.

"I want to say that I know some provocative e-mails have been circulating throughout Jewish communities across the country," the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee said at AIPAC's annual conference.

"They're filled with tall tales and dire warnings about a certain candidate for president. And all I want to say is — let me know if you see this guy named Barack Obama, because he sounds pretty scary."

Rumors have been circulating at least since last year that Obama is a Muslim and does not support the Jewish state. He is a Christian and said at the conference he is a "true friend of Israel," earning applause.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/04/obama-addresses-rumors-head-on-at-pro-israel-conference/

good to see that AIPAC is not buying into these unfounded rumors!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2008, 10:25:32 PM »

Hi CAESU.   I find it curious you find American politics so interesting.   I've seen your tremendous interest and knowledge of Dutch politics, I'm just curious about your motivation in ours.  Is it the war?  Though, I don't agree with you,  I'm open to debate.   I am truly curious of your interest and steadfast support of Obama.  TIA

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »

I am so glad to see an interest and the knowledge of the Bible being posted here.   It does boil down to politics as many have stated before, as it is what drives our morals and values.  I appreciate all the posts here and hope they continue.

Janet,  I still HAVEN'T recieved my book!  It's even being shipped in the same state as I live.   Patienly waiting.....  and I will give updates as I read, though I may be slow with my schedule, I will provide my observations and opinions.....

crazybabyborg
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2008, 02:04:51 AM »

Did you all hear Obama deliver his speech to AIPAC? He is not my candidate, but I'm amazed at his oratory skills. He repeated a phrase 3 times in that speech that kept rattling around in my head. I knew it was in a scripture pertaining to "end times". I just now had a chance to look it up and thought I'd share it with you guys. The phrase was "peace and security", and actually, this is one of the passages that also contributes to my "lean" (not conviction) toward a pre-tribulation rapture:

1Th 5:1   But as to the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need to have anything written to you. 
1Th 5:2   For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 
1Th 5:3   When people say, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 
1Th 5:4   But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 
1Th 5:5   For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness. 
1Th 5:6   So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 
1Th 5:7   For those who sleep sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 
1Th 5:8   But, since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 
1Th 5:9   For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
1Th 5:10   who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2008, 03:50:49 AM »

Hi CAESU.   I find it curious you find American politics so interesting.   I've seen your tremendous interest and knowledge of Dutch politics, I'm just curious about your motivation in ours.  Is it the war?  Though, I don't agree with you,  I'm open to debate.   I am truly curious of your interest and steadfast support of Obama.  TIA

i think it is hugely important for america and the world that they choose a new leader who does a 180 degrees u-turn on bush policies.
the amount of damage he has done is huge.

israel for example is very much less secure due to bush policies.
the war Iraq was first about WMD, then it swiched to 'regime-change' then it switched to Al-Qaida (who wasn't in Iraq in the first place) - and now the USA is using its treasure and blood to keep a Shia Islamist puppet regime in power...
Iran has hugely hugely benefitted from all this. they are now the major superpower in the region.
Iran has more influence in Iraq than the Iraqi-puppet government itself.
Iran is threatening Israel directly and through Hamas/Hezbollah.
bush can be grateful that not more wars have erupted in that region due to his policies.

i don't believe in anti-christ theories but if i did i would put bush high on the list for possible candidates.
i've always had interest for american politics but i really started following it after the 2000 and 2004 elections.
i just couldn't believe the democrates couldn't put up a nominee to defeat bush.

and now after 8 years wrecking the country and the world, still there are some who worship him?
how is this possible?
i think but i am not entirely sure, that it is for a large part due to instilling fear in the hearts of the people.
of course 9/11 was terrible and the hunt for Bin Laden needs to be re-started.
but the GOP has been using 9/11 since for political means.
and now again the fear tactic is used, by suggesting Barack is anti-american, muslim and more such things.
fear is a very powerful tool.

i've got great respect for mccain. but he really has to DENOUNCE bush now.
but when he does, people will ask why didn't you do this earlier, and why were his votes 95% in favor of bush?

here in the netherlands the election is followed closely. most support obama i think.
but some do mccain as well. anything is better than bush.
but the netherlands was a staunch supporter of bush. participated in the wars in iraq and afghanistan.

and for obama. i know you might laugh now but i think he is a great uniter.
and that is what the country needs now. bush and the GOP divided the country.
for example by calling anti-war people unpatriotic. that is a disgrace. how dare they?
but obama needs more than 4 years to repair the damage that is done.
this is going to be a huge task. if there are no results fast, the GOP will give him a hard time, which is hypocritical.
he has his plans for the future. it is no just great speeches and all talk talk talk.
i hope he accepts those 10 town hall meeting mccain proposed.
i can't wait for the first debates.

the amount of participation in politics in america is really great. it is a great democracy that everybody has a voice and their opinion. how different they might be.
compared to the netherlands here with an election few really pay attention.
but here the system isn't working due to coalition governments. you never get where you vote for.
for example only 5% wanted this government. the two parties even said they didn't want to govern together.
but after the results they did anyway. and they had to mix all their stances and what came out was a cripled government.
always infighting and nothing gets done. result: all coalition parties took a nosedive in the polls.
so they don't dare to call new elections. lame duck government by default.

but things are changing. in two years time they have to call election says the constitution.
i think many will get involved, not as much as in the USA, but many will. it will be interesting then.

from the first day a found this forum i greatly admired the search for the truth in the disappearance of Natalee.
really good effort. all information is analyzed over and over again. very good work... i was really lost for words for a few days after seeing how much time and determination was used.

that's why i find it mingboggling why as to Barack Obama all of a sudden different standards are used.
all kinds of rumor are treated as if they were facts. and quotes from him are taken out of context or just simple false and taken for the truth. and all kinds of conclusions are taken from that. there seems to be frantic search for 3rd degree or higher associations of him. then quotes from them are also taken out of context or mixed up and derived from that Obama is called a racist and anti-American and more...???
i've find it fascinating what is behind that. what is the driving force behind that?
why resort too such cheap low and dirty methods? in back of their heads everyone knows that this is not fair i hope to believe...
why not just discuss his plans for the country?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2008, 12:19:54 PM »

I am curious why you did not address Janet with the same inquiry - she is not an American.
Or is it because she supports your candidate for the American Presidency? And caesu supports the opposing candidate?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »

Isn't that interesting that not one person, other then myself, was trying to discuss this.
And they take quotes out of context to support their own thinking which we saw develop greatly during the Clinton campaigns - it was tagged "Spin". Now it is festered into American Politics so much so that we have difficulty discerning between what is truth and what is made up. That does figure into end times scriptures, where our world becomes most-likely unable to discern between what to believe or who so that a powerful leader will rise and lead the world in a charismatic way. People who are unable to look at the same object from the other side of the room type of mentality is what we see being developed and acceptable. As this practice takes on the norm, few people will be able to tell the absolute truth from "spin-masters".

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »

Did you all hear Obama deliver his speech to AIPAC? He is not my candidate, but I'm amazed at his oratory skills. He repeated a phrase 3 times in that speech that kept rattling around in my head. I knew it was in a scripture pertaining to "end times". I just now had a chance to look it up and thought I'd share it with you guys. The phrase was "peace and security", and actually, this is one of the passages that also contributes to my "lean" (not conviction) toward a pre-tribulation rapture:

1Th 5:1   But as to the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need to have anything written to you. 
1Th 5:2   For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 
1Th 5:3   When people say, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 
1Th 5:4   But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 
1Th 5:5   For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness. 
1Th 5:6   So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 
1Th 5:7   For those who sleep sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 
1Th 5:8   But, since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 
1Th 5:9   For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
1Th 5:10   who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him.

Thank you for finding that. Man, that IS very interesting.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »

I am curious why you did not address Janet with the same inquiry - she is not an American.
Or is it because she supports your candidate for the American Presidency? And caesu supports the opposing candidate?

.... but ... but ... Kermit, I am your next door neighbour.  Then my darling DIL is American.  That implies that my future grandkids will be 1/2 American.  I think that makes somewhat related ... doesn't it?

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »

Isn't that interesting that not one person, other then myself, was trying to discuss this.

And they take quotes out of context to support their own thinking which we saw develop greatly during the Clinton campaigns - it was tagged "Spin". Now it is festered into American Politics so much so that we have difficulty discerning between what is truth and what is made up. That does figure into end times scriptures, where our world becomes most-likely unable to discern between what to believe or who so that a powerful leader will rise and lead the world in a charismatic way. People who are unable to look at the same object from the other side of the room type of mentality is what we see being developed and acceptable. As this practice takes on the norm, few people will be able to tell the absolute truth from "spin-masters".

I am not interested in discussing Obama's "change" for America.  The Marxist, anti-American, racist, anti-Israel "company" he has associated himself with throughout the past twenty years ... right up until this year ... tells me that there are underlying implications to the words Obama speaks in regards to "change".  In other words ... I believe that Obama is a "wolf in sheep's closthing" ... a deceiver.  I do not trust him.

I am a great believer that a person is known by the company he "chooses" to associated with."

I would not "choose" to associate with those who are anti-American, racist, anti-Israel or those who embrace a Marxist ideology.  I may come in contact with people ... who embrace an opposing ideology ... on an individual basis in my daily walk but ... my identification would reflect the people and organizations I "choose" to proudly identify myself with.

Janet

Sermons We See
Edgar Guest

I’d rather see a sermon than hear one any day;
I’d rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way.

The eye’s a better pupil and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing, but example’s always clear;

And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action is what everybody needs.

I soon can learn to do it if you’ll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.

And the lecture you deliver may be very wise and true,
But I’d rather get my lessons by observing what you do;

For I might misunderstand you and the high advise you give,
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

When I see a deed of kindness, I am eager to be kind.
When a weaker brother stumbles and a strong man stays behind

Just to see if he can help him, then the wish grows strong in me
To become as big and thoughtful as I know that friend to be.

And all travelers can witness that the best of guides today
Is not the one who tells them, but the one who shows the way.

One good man teaches many, men believe what they behold;
One deed of kindness noticed is worth forty that are told.

Who stands with men of honor learns to hold his honor dear,
For right living speaks a language which to every one is clear.

Though an able speaker charms me with his eloquence, I say,
I’d rather see a sermon than to hear one, any day.

++++++++

Transcript: Rev. Jeremiah Wright speech to National Press Club
April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: … We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected. Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability …

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

+++++++++++

Republicans prepare to take aim at Obama
Wednesday, January 9, 2008

But for former Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, who was known as "the Hammer" on Capitol Hill, said Republicans need to start deconstructing Mr. Obama now.

"Somebody from our side needs to start talking about Obama today. He's a Marxist but a very smart one — he doesn't let anyone know it," said Mr. DeLay.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jan/09/republicans-prepare-to-take-aim-at-obama/?page=1

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jan/09/republicans-prepare-to-take-aim-at-obama/?page=2
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:44:14 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »

Hi cbb

Could you please edit my last post?  Please delete the first two quotes ... I duplicated them.

Thanks

Janet

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »

Hi cbb

Could you please edit my last post?  Please delete the first two quotes ... I duplicated them.

Thanks

Janet

Happy to, and done! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »

cbb ... thank you.

I did not want to give those who rightly call me "roboposter" any more fuel for the fire.

Janet

_____

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »

CAESU,  I do respect you for your opinions, as you have provided alot of good info. on the Natalee case.  I also do understand the importance to other countries on our politics.  However, I will agree to disagree with you on Obama.

Please see my post here http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2718.340  and think about it.  I fear of his misleading people and those less educated on the topic or naive are going to vote for him.  Some of us have provided a plethora of reasons he shouldn't be president.  I want McCain, but would have taken Hillary over Obama.

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2008, 10:28:15 PM »

Very interesting. Thanks for you astute observation.   I posted this in another thread, but believe it belongs here just as well.

This was sent to me via email, no link attached.  But it is something to think about.  If true, very SCARY!  To me it's plausible, as after 9/11, anything is possible,  is it worth the risk?

This has circulated before but needs to be repeated.

>> The Jihad Candidate
>> by Rich Carroll
>>
>>
>>
>> Conspiracy theories make for interesting novels when the storyline is not so
>> absurd that it can grasp our attention. 'The Manchurian Candidate' and  'Seven
>> Days in May' are examples of plausible chains of events that captures the
>> reader's imagination at best-seller level. 'What if' has always been the solid
>> grist of fiction.
>>
>> Get yourself something cool to drink, find a relaxing position, but  before you
>> continue, visualize the television photos of two jet airliners smashing into the
>> Twin Towers in lower Manhattan and remind yourself this cowardly act of  Muslim
>> terror was planned for eight years.
>> How long did it take Islam and their oil money to find a candidate for President
>> of the United States? As long as it took them to place a Senator from Illinois
>> and Minnesota? The same amount of time to create a large Muslim enclave in
>> Detroit? The time it took them to build over 2,000 mosques in America? The same
>> amount of time required to place radical wahabbist clerics in our Millitary and
>> prisons as 'chaplains'?
>> Find a candidate who can get away with lying about their father being a 'freedom
>> fighter' when he was actually part of the most corrupt and violent government in
>> Kenya's history. Find a candidate w ith close ties to The Nation of Islam and
>> the violent Muslim overthrow in Africa, a candidate who is educated among > white
>> infidel Americans but hides his bitterness and anger behind a superficial toothy
>> smile. Find a candidate who changes his American name of Barry to the  Muslim
>> name of Barak Hussein Obama, and dares anyone to question his true ties under
>> the banner of 'racism'. Nurture this candidate in an atmosphere of  anti-white
>> American teaching and surround him with Islamic teachers. Provide him with a
>> bitter, racist, anti-white, anti-American wife, and supply him with  Muslim
>> middle east connections and Islamic monies. Allow him to be clever enough >> to get
>> away wi th his anti-white rhetoric and proclaim he will give $834 billion
>> taxpayer dollars to the Muslim controlled United Nations for use in >> Africa.
>>
>>
>> Install your candidate in an atmosphere of deception because questioning >> him on
>> any issue involving Africa or Islam would be seen as 'bigoted racism'; >> two words
>> too powerful to allow the citizenry to be informed of facts. Allow your
>> candidate to employ several black racist Nation of Islam Louis Farrakhan
>> followers as members of his Illinois Senatorial and campaign staffs.
>>
>>
>> Where is the bloodhound American 'free press' who doggedly overturned >> every
>> stone in the Watergate case? Where are our nation's reporters that have >> placed
>> every Presidential candidate under the microscope of detailed scrutiny; >> the same
>> press who pursue Bush's 'Skull and Bones' club or ran other candidates >> off with
>> persistent detective and research work? Why haven't 'newsmen' pursued the >> 65
>> blatant lies told by this candidate during the Presidential primaries? >> Where are
>> the stories about this candidate's cousin and the Muslim butchery in >> Africa?
>> Since when did our national press corps become weak, timid, and silent? >> Why
>> haven't they regaled us with the long list of socialists and communists >> who have
>> surrounded this 'out of nowhere' Democrat candidate or that his church
>> re-printed the Hamas Manifesto in their bulletin, and that his 'close p >> astor
>> friend and mentor' met with Middle East terrorist Moammar Gaddafi, (Guide >> of the
>> First of September Great Revolution of the Socialist People's Libyan Arab
>> Jamahiriya)? Why isn't the American press telling us this candidate is  supported
>> by every Muslim organization in the world?
>>
>>
>> As an ultimate slap in the face, be blatant in the fact your candidate  has ZERO
>> interest in traditional American values and has the most liberal voting  record
>> in U.S. Senate history. Why has the American main stream media clammed-up  on any
>> negative reporting on Barak Hussein Obama? Why will they print Hillary Rodham
>> Clinton's name but never write his middle name? Is it not his name? Why,
>> suddenly, is ANY information about this candidate not coming from main stream
>> media, but from the blogosphere by citizens seeking facts and the truth? Why
>> isn't our media connecting the dots with Islam? Why do they focus on  'those bad
>> American soldiers' while Islam slaughters non Muslims daily in 44  countries
>> around the globe? Why does our media refer to Darfur as 'ethnic cleansing'
>> instead of what it really is; Muslims killing non Muslims! There is enough
>> strange, anti-American activity surrounding Barak Hussein Obama to peek the
>> curiosity of any reporter. WHERE IS OUR INVESTIGATIVE MEDIA!?
>>
>>
>> A formal plan for targeting America was devised three years after the Iranian
>> revolution in 1982. The plan was summarized in a 1991 memorandum by Mohamed
>> Akram, an operative of the global Muslim Brotherhood. 'The process of
>> settlement' of Muslims in America, Akram explained, 'is a civilization jihad
>> process.' This means that members of the Brotherhood must understand that their
>> work in 'America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the
>> Western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house by their
>> hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion
>> is made victorious over all other religions.'
>>
>> There is terrorism we can see, smell and fear, but there is a new kind of terror
>> invading The United States in the form of Sharia law and finance. Condoning it
>> is civilization suicide. Middle East Muslims are coming to America in record
>> numbers and building hate infidel mosques, buying our corporations, suing us for
>> our traditions, but they and the whole subject of Islam is white noise leaving
>> uninformed Americans about who and what is really peaceful. Where is our
>> investigative press? Any criticism of Islam or their intentions, even though
>> Islamic leaders state their intentions daily around the globe, brings-forth a
>> volley of 'racist' from the left-wing Democrat crowd.
>> Lies and deception behind a master plan - the ingredients for 'The Manchurian
>> Candidate' or the placement of an anti-American President in our nation's White
>> House? Is it mere coincidence that an anti-capitalist run for President at the
>> same time Islamic sharia finance and law is trying to make advancing strides
>> into the United States? Is it mere coincidence this same candidate wants to
>> dis-arm our nuclear capability at a time when terrorist Muslim nations are
>> expanding their nuclear weapons capability? Is it mere coincidence this
>> candidate wants to reduce our military at a time of global jihad from Muslim

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2008, 04:35:49 AM »

not that it makes any difference.
but hamas clearly doesn't like obama as earlier suggested.

Hamas hits out at Obama

04/06/2008 21:36  - (SA) 

Gaza City - The Islamist Hamas movement that rules the Gaza Strip slammed a speech by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Wednesday, saying it confirmed US "hostility" to Arabs and Muslims.

"We consider the statements of Obama to be further evidence of the hostility of the American administration to Arabs and Muslims," Hamas spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhri told AFP.

In the speech delivered to a powerful US-Israel lobby group in Washington, Obama reaffirmed his support for Israel and said Jerusalem should remain Israel's "undivided" capital.

Palestinians, including moderate president Mahmoud Abbas, have demanded that east Jerusalem - occupied and annexed by Israel in the 1967 war - be the capital of their promised future state.

The international community, including the United States, has never recognised Israel's claim over the whole city and virtually every country in the world has its embassy in the seaside city of Tel Aviv.

Obama did however say he would push for a negotiated settlement to the decades-old conflict if he is elected to the White House in November.

Abu Zuhri said Obama's statements on Jerusalem "confirm the consensus of the two American political parties on unlimited aid to the (Israeli) occupation at the expense of Palestinians and Arabs".

The speech, he said, "destroys any hope for change in American policies toward the Arab-Israeli conflict".

Obama also reiterated that he will not negotiate with Hamas - which won parliamentary elections in 2006 and seized total power in the Gaza Strip in June 2007 - until it recognises Israel and renounces violence.

"We must isolate Hamas unless and until they renounce terrorism, recognise Israel's right to exist, and abide by past agreements. There is no room at the negotiating table for terrorist organisations."

In May Obama's Republican opponent John McCain said Hamas would welcome an Obama presidency, charges the Democratic candidate denied as "offensive" and "disappointing".

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/US_Elections_2008/0,,2-10-2339_2334905,00.html

crazybabyborg
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »

QUOTE:

April 16, 2008
Hamas Endorses Obama

On Sunday, Aaron Klein and John Batchelor interviewed Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Prime Minister of Hamas, on WABC radio. The interview produced a scoop which, for some reason, has not been widely publicized: Hamas has endorsed Barack Obama for President. Yousef said, "We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election." Why? "He has a vision to change America." Maybe Yousef has some insight into what Obama means by all these vague references to "change."

Of course, Hamas's taste in American presidents is suspect. Yousef also described Jimmy Carter, who was about to pay a call on Hamas when the interview was taped, as "this noble man" who "did an excellent job as President."

Yousef was asked about Obama's condemnation of Carter's visit with Hamas, but didn't seem troubled by it. Hamas, he says, understands American politics; this is the election season, and everyone wants to sound like a friend of Israel. Nevertheless, he hopes that the Democrats will change American policies when they take office.

You can listen to the entire interview by clicking the "play" button below:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/04/020315.php

Obama's statement about an undivided Jerusalem on June 3, 2008 brought criticism to him from Hamas. The prior statement (above) was made from Hamas' leader on April 13, 2008 and was the basis for the statements that Hamas would like Obama to be elected President.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:16:33 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »

I thought this article might also contribute to the discussion of Obama and Hamas:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM WND'S JERUSALEM BUREAU
Ex-Obama adviser's pro-Hamas views 'well known'
Robert Malley quit after media reported his contacts with terror group
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: May 11, 2008
11:12 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Robert Malley (Photo: PBS)

JERUSALEM – An adviser to Sen. Barack Obama who quit after it was reported he held talks with Hamas was a well-known supporter of negotiations with Hamas and providing international assistance to the terrorist group.

Robert Malley, an employee of the International Crisis Group, said he served as an "informal" Middle East adviser to Obama. He told NBC News this past weekend he decided to step down after the Times of London inquired about whether he had contacts with Hamas.

"I decided based on the fact that this was becoming a distraction that it was best that I remove myself from any association with the campaign," Malley told NBC.

Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt issued a statement to the Times: "Malley has, like hundreds of other experts, provided informal advice to the campaign in the past. He has no formal role in the campaign and he will not play any role in the future."

Malley's pro-Hamas views, though, were no secret. 

WND reported in January Malley has penned numerous opinion articles, many of them co-written with a former adviser to the late Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat, petitioning for dialogue with Hamas and blasting Israel for numerous policies he says harm the Palestinian cause.

In February 2006, after Hamas won a majority of seats in the Palestinian parliament and amid a U.S. and Israeli attempt to isolate the Hamas-run Palestinian Authority, Malley wrote an op-ed for the Baltimore Sun advocating international aid to the terror group's newly formed government.

"The Islamists (Hamas) ran on a campaign of effective government and promised to improve Palestinians' lives; they cannot do that if the international community turns its back," wrote Malley in a piece entitled, "Making the Best of Hamas' Victory."

(Story continues below)

Malley contended the election of Hamas expressed Palestinian "anger at years of humiliation and loss of self-respect because of Israeli settlement expansion, Arafat's imprisonment, Israel's incursions, Western lecturing and, most recently and tellingly, the threat of an aid cut off in the event of an Islamist success."

Malley said the U.S. should not "discourage third-party unofficial contacts with [Hamas] in an attempt to moderate it."

In an op-ed in the Washington Post in January coauthored by Arafat adviser Hussein Agha, Malley – using could be perceived as anti-Israel language – urged Israel's negotiating partner Abbas to reunite with Hamas.

"A renewed national compact and the return of Hamas to the political fold would upset Israel's strategy of perpetuating Palestinian geographic and political division," wrote Malley.

He further petitioned Israel to hold talks with Hamas.

"An arrangement between Israel and Hamas could advance both sides' interests," he wrote.

In numerous other op-eds, Malley advocates a policy of engagement with Hamas.

Hamas is responsible for scores of deadly shootings, suicide bombings and rocket attacks aimed at Jewish civilian population centers. The past few weeks alone, Hamas militants took credit for firing more than 200 rockets into Israel.

Hamas' official charter calls for the murder of Jews and destruction of Israel.

Hamas maintained a national unity government with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas until the Palestinian leader dissolved the agreement and deposed the Hamas prime minister last year.

Hamas in recent days has become a campaign issue for Obama, who has repeatedly called Hamas a terror group that should be isolated.

Last week, Obama and Sen. John McCain traded barbs about a Hamas endorsement that came during an interview with WND and with WABC Radio.

Ahmed Yousuf, Hamas' top political adviser in the Gaza Strip, expressed "hope" Obama will win the presidential elections and he compared the Illinois senator to John F. Kennedy.

McCain mentioned Hamas' praise of Obama during several national interviews.

Obama claimed McCain's statements were a "smear."

Obama also came under fire after it was reported his Trinity United Church of Christ newsletter reprinted an opinion piece by a top Hamas official that defended terrorism as legitimate resistance, refused to recognize the right of Israel to exist and compared the terror group's official charter – which calls for the murder of Jews – to America's Declaration of Independence.

The Hamas piece was published on Rev. Jeremiah Wright's "Pastor's Page," which later printed an open letter by a pro-Palestinian activist that labeled Israel an "apartheid" regime and claimed the Jewish state worked on an "ethnic bomb" that kills "blacks and Arabs."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=64023
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.