March 28, 2024, 02:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #751 5/8 - 5/15/08  (Read 329560 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #920 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

BT, let's not forget in my home town we have celebrity pathologist Cyril Wecht going back on trial for corruption. Let's not forget that's the same dirt bag that left my boy Chad Mulvin in a morgue drawer while he toured the country and made appearance all over the country in high profile cases. 47 charges including using county property to deflect costs to his private practice... and "lending" out corpses.

And they sent Chad's clothes back to his Mom Nancy and only later (9months) we all found out Chad was not cremated. On top of that... his negligence set free a killer.

Nice ... real nice! 

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #921 on: May 15, 2008, 02:23:02 PM »

In prison in aruba 

contact with the outside world

255. It is very important for prisoners to be able to maintain good contact with the outside world. Above all, they must be given the opportunity to safeguard their relationships with their family and friends, and especially with their spouse or partner and their children. The continuation of such relationships can be of critical importance for all concerned, particularly in the context of prisoners' social rehabilitation. The guiding principle should be to promote contact with the outside world; any restrictions on such contacts should be based exclusively on security concerns of an appreciable nature or considerations linked to available resources. This is in line with a number of recommendations in the 1987 European Prison Rules, particularly rule 43, sub-paragraph 1 and rule 65, point c.

256. All prisoners in KIA could receive 50 minutes of visits per week (on Saturdays or Sundays) in an appropriate setting in the prison's multi-purpose recreation centre. Visits took place round a table, under the supervision of two prison officers. A play area was provided for young children. During visits, prisoners could receive parcels containing basic items such as clothes, fruit and cigarettes.

To summarise, the arrangements for visits - facilities, times, etc. - seemed to be satisfactory.

257. Prisoners could use the telephone for ten minutes each week. They had to meet the cost of the calls, which staff could listen in to.

258. All prisoners could send and receive correspondence. Prisoners' correspondence was subject to censorship - by the prison governor, in the case of sentenced prisoners, and the judicial authorities, in the case of remand prisoners.

Very many prisoners complained about delays in sending out correspondence. In this connection, the delegation was informed that prisoners' letters only left the establishment once a week. The CPT invites the Aruban authorities to review the arrangements for sending out correspondence.

259. The delegation also discovered that prisoners without money did not receive writing materials (notepaper, pencil, stamps), which inter alia rendered it difficult for them to inform close relatives of their imprisonment. The management explained this in terms of administrative and financial difficulties (see also paragraph 240).

The CPT invites the Aruban authorities to rectify this shortcoming.

260. Finally, the CPT wishes to stress the need for a certain flexibility in applying the rules on visits, telephone contacts and correspondence to prisoners whose families live very far from the establishment, thus making regular visits very difficult if not impossible. For example, such prisoners could be authorised to combine several visiting entitlements into one longer session and be given more opportunities to have telephone contacts with their families.

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #922 on: May 15, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

Every state has it's share....NJ included....just run down the list on this site.

http://newark.fbi.gov/pressrel.htm

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: May 15, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »

Every state has it's share....NJ included....just run down the list on this site.

http://newark.fbi.gov/pressrel.htm

I could probably take the thread all the way to page 50 if I were to list the local government officials and politicians who have held addresses in jail for criminal activity -- and that would only be for Miami and Hialeah 

But, no -- we're not complacent. We don't just accept it. There are enough brave hearts to lead us into action. And enough hearts that not all have to take a call to action. Sometimes you win, Sometimes you don't. But you don't stop trying.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #924 on: May 15, 2008, 02:57:50 PM »

KLAAS....just got 3 *pond* photos in email from Aruba.....maybe more coming too....I don't know how to post them from my email to here in the forum....If I send them to you on your hotmail acct.,...can you post them for me?...

TIA...Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: May 15, 2008, 03:00:06 PM »

KLAAS....just got 3 *pond* photos in email from Aruba.....maybe more coming too....I don't know how to post them from my email to here in the forum....If I send them to you on your hotmail acct.,...can you post them for me?...

TIA...Destiny

Sure, send them to my hotmail!  Thanks!
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #926 on: May 15, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »

PITA this is the NOORD (street)

Thank you, johan!!   Do you know where this Noord Street is in relation to the pond?
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: May 15, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »

TIA...Destiny

You Got Mail Wink

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
GBMW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #928 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »

Briany/Katriana is no longer able to post at SM.  After 3 years I'm not willing to play his/her type of games.  He/she has been banned. 

Her / his type of games? She / he is just critical about some of the general opinions here....she / he isn't putting actual blame on Natalee or her family....so why is she / he banned?

If you don't like Briany's posts....just ignore them...don't respond. As long as she / he isn't bashing Natalee or her family (and being critical somewhat isn't bashing) I don't see what the problem is.
Beth hasn't been an angel in this case....100% understandable and I don't blame her...but it doesn't mean innocent people didn't get hurt enormously because of her.

I'm getting the feeling I'll have to go to RU and give a big fat apology for defending this forum.

Briany; if you're reading this....please contact me through RU...I appreciated your input so I'll hope you'll join there or just give me pm.
"Beth hasn't been an angel in this case" --- that's crap!!!!! Only those at RU have accused Beth of that. If DEMANDING justice and calling out the corruption is not being "an angel" -- so be it.

That's crap? No it isn't. What about the innocent people on Aruba that have suffered because of this case / the boycott?

GB...sorry...but I just DON'T agree with you....

Destiny

Destiny, it's fine with me you don't agree with my views....and Dennisint gave a response that made me think about my view on it as well.
But why are you apologizing to me? First you hurrah Klaas' post...not wanting me to post here anymore and then you say sorry but we don't agree? That doesn't make sense to me.

GB...I said *sorry*...because I'm treating you like another *feeling* human being...I didn't want to hurt your feelings...but also wanted to let you know...I have strong feelings about what you posted...is that explanation enough?...

Destiny

It's fine you have a different opinion.....and there is no apology for that needed btw.

I just don't like the feeling I'm getting from some of the posters....I feel like I'm being attacked for bs reasons (and when I respond to some of them I need to get over myself?). And that's why I'm responding the way I am....I'm tired and about to go on holiday....a bit stressed and all.

Anyway...I'm off (don't want this whole thread to be about me Very Happy...)...I'll be back in a couple of weeks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: May 15, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »

TIA...Destiny

Here are the photos.  I think we need to compare the other satallite photos to these.  Keep in mind many of these areas/ponds in Aruba fill up quickly when there is alot of rain, then dry back up.

Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #930 on: May 15, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »

I am very surprised that Jossy and Dario haven't said a word about the pond search. This would be page 1 or 2 news for his paper. Very odd.

In My Opinion
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: May 15, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »

TIA...Destiny

You Got Mail Wink

Just got off the phone with...was told these were taken photos today...by Monserat...she thinks name of pond is *national*....will have much more info in a bit...but, to answer your question....yes Wink

Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #932 on: May 15, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »

I am very surprised that Jossy and Dario haven't said a word about the pond search. This would be page 1 or 2 news for his paper. Very odd.

Looks like they are done now. This doesn't add up, 40 investigators to search that? A pump team and 3-4 people could handle it. Seems like another dead end.

In My Opinion
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #933 on: May 15, 2008, 03:20:55 PM »

TIA...Destiny

Here are the photos.  I think we need to compare the other satallite photos to these.  Keep in mind many of these areas/ponds in Aruba fill up quickly when there is alot of rain, then dry back up.

So it would be possible to have already retrieved anything that might have been in here since it was scanned in February.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: May 15, 2008, 03:21:16 PM »

TIA...Destiny

You Got Mail Wink

Just got off the phone with...was told these were taken photos today...by Monserat...she thinks name of pond is *national*....will have much more info in a bit...but, to answer your question....yes Wink

oops....forgot to add...this pond is the one next to the soccer field....

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #935 on: May 15, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »

PITA this is the NOORD (street)

Thank you, johan!!   Do you know where this Noord Street is in relation to the pond?

yes pita you can see that here

and someone send me a email  a few weeks ago

noord 2   was the message  that was all

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2008, 03:41:27 PM »

From a bird watchers site...posted by a bird watcher...of course!
This should give the shango tangoers a bit ti play with too...

Bubali: The Bubali Bird Sanctuary lies only ~5km north of Oranjestad on the west coast of Aruba. Highway 1 runs along the sanctuary's east side, a windmill (actually shipped from Holland) is on the north side, and the massive Wyndham Aruba is across the street from the northwest corner. There are several spots to check at Bubali. Going N from Oranjestad, you'll encounter a roundabout, with the right hand (eastward) road marked 'to Paradera'. Continue straight (north) to the first light. Turn left here, and a small sewage pond (Yes!) will be quickly visible on your right. This is a good spot for shorebirds (had two Solitary Sandpipers here among many Lesser Yellowlegs and Black-necked Stilts) and White-cheeked Pintail. We also had an Ovenbird in the brush nearby. There is much activity (and therefore, few birds) Mon-Sat, except for first thing in the morning. So come early or on Sunday.

From the sewage pond, continue westward. Just before the road ends in a "T", a gravel road leads off to the right into some trees. You can park here and walk almost the entire westside of Bubali. No water is visible, but passerines abound. We found two major rarities along this stretch - Swallow-tailed Kite and Cape May Warbler. We also had our only non-Spanish Lagoon Ruby-topaz Hummingbird here as well as American Redstart, Hooded Warbler, and Northern Parula.

Finally, from the north side, near the Dutch Windmill, one can access a viewing tower. Most of Bubali is now cattail marsh, with some patches of open water. There is little edge habitat. I sense this is a great change from the early heyday of this spot when lots of first records were recorded here. We did have a few herons, plus Caribbean Coots, moorhens, and up to 9 Least Grebes. Neotropic Cormorants roosted in some trees, topping out at 125 birds. Throughout Bubali, Bare-eyed Pigeons and Eared Doves are abundant, and this was the only spot we had Groove-billed Ani. Blue-tailed Emeralds, Caribbean Parakeets, Tropical Mockingbirds, Northern Waterthrush, Golden Warbler, and Bananaquit were common here. The only unusual waterfowl was a female Lesser Scaup. Interestingly, Brown Pelicans were foraged here in a manner resembling that normally associated with American White Pelicans. We saw the ST Kite from this platform as well, and had at least 2 Peregrine and 1 Merlin here.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #937 on: May 15, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »

Thanks for the pics Destiny.

I just don't understand what it I am seeing? Is that the area that the 40-52 people were supposed to be searching? I only see a bucket........

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #938 on: May 15, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »

TIA...Destiny

So it would be possible to have already retrieved anything that might have been in here since it was scanned in February.
2 things strike me:
1) It looks like an area has been cleared already -- no signs of anything else still being searched (good thing)
2) The pond looks VERY, VERY shallow (the "grassy area") doesn't look like it is at a much higher elevation than the "wet areas". This means that this pond probably fills and dries up quite often. If something was put there 3 years ago -- it could have been "cleared" away at any time. (bad thing)

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: May 15, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

Arikok National park....

Spanish Lagoon: A lush mangrove cut about 1 km long. To reach Spanish Lagoon, take route 4 into Santa Cruz. In town, you'll see a sign signaling a left turn to Arikok National Park. 2km past this sign there is a turnoff marked 'Frenchmen's Pass' to the left. Go left here and follow the road until you see the lagoon to your right. A short dirt track leads to a small parking lot on the lagoon's northwest side. Park here and follow the trail along the lagoon's edge. This trail will take you almost to the shore. The mangroves here are very birdy. In addition to the abundant Golden Warblers and Northern Waterthrush, Blue

Arikok National Park: Arid desert. From Santa Cruz, follow signs to entrance, where a map can be obtained. The first gravel road to the left leads to a trailhead for the Cunucu Arikok trail. This is apparently the best birding in the park and was recommended by several previous visitors. It did seem to have the best habitat in the park, but the birding here was fairly slow. We had scads of Troupial, a Yellow Oriole or two, several N Scrub Flys, and our only good view of a Burrowing Owl. The landscape is attractive.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.