March 28, 2024, 11:33:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #751 5/8 - 5/15/08  (Read 329668 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #960 on: May 15, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »

Thanks Peaches, I guess I'll just never get over that one.

----------------------

as for the pond. It looks like it is below the street surface and when it rains during rainy season it probably fills up and could stay that way for awhile. Where the grass is standing it makes it seem that the area is not usually covered by water. The area that appears dried and chipped is probably the only parts that remain wet.

In the chipped area, I seriously doubt that anyone could hammer through the lower level to bury someone and this pond looks, to me anyway, like it could only hold article related to Natalee or Joran.
That's my take as well, but OE hints strongly that the search at the pond was triggered by The Persistence Side Sonar findings. I would think that would require water deeper than a foot or so. I wish Caps was here to tell us more about the depth and characteristics of this pond.

Hi ya wreck... and when they (crew of Persistence) were there - January - it was rainy season and the pics look like the pond was full. Rainy season is over now anyway.

It's amazing how Aruba can look totally different in a certain area depending on the time of year.

In my opinion, and I have been in the exact areas where these ponds are located and have seen them up close, they can have anywhere from a few inches of water to a raging stream running through them.

This pond looks like it is blocked off from the others and may rely on overflow from the others to fill, or may only fill and dry due to the heavy rains. When the rain is over, the area evaporates.

imo.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #961 on: May 15, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »

I can only see the "bucket" area. Actually, I think that might be a good sign that only a small area was cleared -- might mean they actually found what they were looking for!

It's about 40-50 ft. to the left of the bucket...I'd circle it for ya...if I could do computer magic like Klaas and Rob Wink
I only see about 10-12' to the left of the bucket. I assume that is a 5 gallon bucket - for reference purposes.

Yep Wreck...looks like standard 5 gal bucket...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #962 on: May 15, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »

Thanks Peaches, I guess I'll just never get over that one.

----------------------

as for the pond. It looks like it is below the street surface and when it rains during rainy season it probably fills up and could stay that way for awhile. Where the grass is standing it makes it seem that the area is not usually covered by water. The area that appears dried and chipped is probably the only parts that remain wet.

In the chipped area, I seriously doubt that anyone could hammer through the lower level to bury someone and this pond looks, to me anyway, like it could only hold article related to Natalee or Joran.

/quote]
That's my take as well, but OE hints strongly that the search at the pond was triggered by The Persistence Side Sonar findings. I would think that would require water deeper than a foot or so. I wish Caps was here to tell us more about the depth and characteristics of this pond.

Mostly waist deep...give or take

In My Opinion
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #963 on: May 15, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »

PITA this is the NOORD (street)

Thank you, johan!!   Do you know where this Noord Street is in relation to the pond?

yes pita you can see that here

and someone send me a email  a few weeks ago

noord 2   was the message  that was all

Johan, thanks again.  I appreciate your help!     
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #964 on: May 15, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

Des, this image?

+++

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: May 15, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »

Des, this image?

Yep.

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: May 15, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »

Des, this image?

I only see 1 "chipped" area in that photo -- the area surrounding the bucket. If you are talking about the area slightly left and in front of the bucket -- that looks like a tree shadow to me.

Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #967 on: May 15, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »

I just see surface scrapings (and probably not from ALE). They wouldn't leave the bucket there if it was important.

In My Opinion
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #968 on: May 15, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »

+++

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: May 15, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »

Des, this image?

I only see 1 "chipped" area in that photo -- the area surrounding the bucket. If you are talking about the area slightly left and in front of the bucket -- that looks like a tree shadow to me.

Damn!!!    Wish I had better eyes....is it really a tree shadow....

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: May 15, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »

Rob Thank You for your efforts...but I think Wreck is right...tis' only a tree shadow I saw...damn eyes...

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #971 on: May 15, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »

You're welcome Destiny... never a problem! king

+++

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: May 15, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »

Unless that tire is from one of those humongous earth movers you see at a quarry, the log is from the Redwood forest, and the bucket is actually an oil field tank -- that ain't 40 -50'. 

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: May 15, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

I just see surface scrapings (and probably not from ALE). They wouldn't leave the bucket there if it was important.

Spock...I don't even know if this is the right pond...I'm in the US...my friend is in Aruba...they went and took photos based on the info I gave them....I'm trying to get the follow-up info from them...might not be able to until tomorrow...I'm just as stymied as the rest of you...

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: May 15, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »

Unless that tire is from one of those humongous earth movers you see at a quarry, the log is from the Redwood forest, and the bucket is actually an oil field tank -- that ain't 40 -50'. 

ROFLMAO!!!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: May 15, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »

Where the digging was definitely seems like the deepest part of the pond, and then also farther back and slightly to the right. Both places have little pond grass growth. You can see the varying lengths of grass as the water recedes. Maybe they got enough purses, old knives, guns to call it a day.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #976 on: May 15, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »

So how full would this pond have been in May or June?
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #977 on: May 15, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »

Rob, the fact you will never forget about your friend is just part of what makes you a fine human being and a great victims advocate.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #978 on: May 15, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »

maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like the right shape for the pond we got the lat and long from OE for. This looks like it is a triangle.

and the way it seems to sit down below the surface of the street and surroundings makes me believe it is the correct pond. That's the way it seem to me when I was putting together those shots.

+++

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #979 on: May 15, 2008, 04:40:52 PM »

Spock...I don't even know if this is the right pond...I'm in the US...my friend is in Aruba...they went and took photos based on the info I gave them....I'm trying to get the follow-up info from them...might not be able to until tomorrow...I'm just as stymied as the rest of you...

Based on the trees surrounding this pond it looks the same.  I wish OE would/could confirm more info.  This could get 6 to 8 feet in a storm or rainy season.  We have parks, full of grass, and when we have our monsoon season they fill up with that much water and retain it for weeks until it gradually drains off.  There are of course drainage tunnels for it to run into.  if there were not such things we would have a lake!  The grass greens right back up immediately.  this are could have been entirely flooded for months, but the grass survives.  We are in a similar climate to aruba, so i think the whole area could have been much deeper than it appears.  BUT I DON'T SEE A FENCE???

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.