April 27, 2024, 02:46:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Alert: 2-year-old Trenton Duckett in Florida  (Read 127762 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2006, 08:11:44 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/lake/orl-lduckett0106dec01,0,6464080.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-lake

new person of interest, not really so new....

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2006, 08:32:46 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Duckett family lawyer Jay Pauyl Deratamy will join me thursday at 9pm et to update the status of the case and the law suit against Nancy Grace and CNN.
www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2006, 11:15:27 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0609/08/ng.01.html

DAVID SCHWARTZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Yeah I`m very surprised. Especially I`m very surprised that Melinda hasn`t lawyered up. I mean her answers to your questions are elusive at times and one in particular is that she`s not working with local police. You know you`re in this situation, it`s a horrible tragic situation, now you`re going to pick and choose what law enforcement agencies you`re going to work with and what you`re not going to work with? This is a desperate situation for desperate measures. You`re going to be working with everybody. That answer makes absolutely no sense to me, Nancy.

GRACE: Explain, Melinda. I`m sure you have an answer. Melinda Duckett, Trenton`s mom.

MELINDA DUCKETT: All four of those agencies, Leesburg Police, Lake County Sheriff, the FBI from Quantico and the FBI from Ocala, none of them are on the same page. The FBI out of Ocala specifically told me to only speak to them and to deal with them so that all of them could be on the same page with everything. And it was ridiculous because people were getting their facts wrong, they were misinterpreting things and they weren`t getting the information across correctly. That was their fault.

GRACE: Did you also get that same lecture, Josh Duckett, to only deal with one entity?

JOSH DUCKETT: No, not at all.

GRACE: Have you been working with local police, as well?

JOSH DUCKETT: I`ve been working with local police, FDLE and the FBI. GRACE: So Melinda, do you feel that you are being given different instructions than your husband?

MELINDA DUCKETT: Well obviously that is the case, but I mean, I`m all hands in the pot with this whole deal. I`m not sitting down either crying my eyes out in my house not doing anything or gluing myself to the police department door. I`m actually physically doing things.

Just a snippet^

I'm sorry...This girl was a proven liar, and I don't buy for one second that the fbi told her just to work with them and not to talk.

When someone from the FBI confirms this, maybe then. But only then.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

OCALA - Marion County sheriff's detectives working on the case of missing 2-year-old Trenton Duckett followed up on a tip about the toddler over the weekend. But the tip never panned out, officials said.

Detective Rhonda Stroup said they received a call from members of Team Duckett on Sunday, informing them the team had received a tip about a woman reportedly seeing Trenton with a young man in a family park in Fort Worth, Texas. The tipster gave Team Trenton a description of the vehicle the man was driving and the tag number. Stroup said they informed authorities in Fort Worth and asked them to verify the information.

Texas officials tracked down the man, believed to be in his 20s. At the home, the man was able to confirm that the child was not Trenton through a birth certificate and family photographs.

"It's encouraging to know that people are calling. Law enforcement is reacting to these calls," said Maj. Chris Blair of the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Trenton has been missing from his mother's Leesburg apartment since Aug. 27. Melinda Duckett, Trenton's mother, committed suicide on Sept. 8.

Since the formation of a task force made up of several law enforcement agencies, Blair said Team Trenton has turned over roughly 20 tips.

Authorities said they have extended the time frame of the task force. Originally scheduled for 30 days, the task force won't conclude until all relevant telephone numbers from Melinda Duckett's cell phone have been analyzed, and people connected to those numbers have been interviewed.

"We won't stop until all the numbers of interest have been checked," said Blair.

Neither Blair nor Maj. Steve Rockefeller of the Leesburg Police Department would say if Chai-Wen Chen, an assistant manager at a Belleview Rent-A-Center, has taken a polygraph test.

Authorities said Melinda Duckett called Chen Aug. 27 and the conversation lasted only a few minutes. Officials said Chen works across the street from where two Wendy's employees claimed to have seen Trenton on Aug. 27. A Rent-A-Center employee told the Star-Banner that Chen took a polygraph.

When Chen's name surfaced last month, Rockefeller said he was on a list to be polygraphed.

"We've had conversations," said Blair, who declined to say what they talked about.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: December 25, 2006, 12:57:38 PM »

The disappearance of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett continues to remain a mystery. The toddler disappeared August 27th, almost four months ago.

Trenton's father Josh Duckett says despite the lack of progress in the case, he and his family continue to hold out hope, and as a sign of faith will celebrate Christmas as though his son were there with them.

His family has put presents for Trenton under the tree, and decorated the house just like every other year. Josh is asking anyone who knows where his Trenton is to return him home safely.

"we just want him back," Josh said. "No questions asked. You can drop him off at a fire department, hospital, anywhere. No questions asked."

Josh hopes by next Christmas, Trenton will be home to open his gifts.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »

Cyber-Sleuths Try To Crack Missing Boy Mystery

POSTED: 6:35 pm EST January 12, 2007
UPDATED: 6:52 pm EST January 12, 2007

Thousands of cyber-sleuths, including one armchair detective who recently caught the attention of police, are continuing to log on to Web sites and post ideas or theories about the disappearance of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett, according to a Local 6 News report.

Trenton has been missing since late August, when he was report missing by his mother, Melinda.

In November, Local 6 reported that the missing boy was placed in a car with his mother at a Bellevue Wendy's around the time he vanished. However, since then, there have been no new solid leads in the investigation.

In the meantime, groups have continued to gather online to talk about Trenton.

"Every night, for nearly five months, people all over the country have been staying up late in their pajamas and logging on to Web sites, discussing the Trenton Duckett case," Local 6's Mike DeForest said.

On a Court TV online forum, a user named "Murt" grabbed the attention of fellow armchair detectives, as well as police.

Recently, Murt posted a comment that there would be a huge development in the Trenton Duckett disappearance. It led some Internet users to believe Murt had inside knowledge of the case.

Friday, Murt posted a message to Trenton's caretaker; "I now know why Melinda trusted you to take care of Trenton."

Murt urged the captor to drop Trenton off at a hospital saying, "Do it while you still can. If you need help, contact me. You know how."

When Local 6 went to his home, Murt, whose real name is William Murtaugh, admitted to having absolutely no ties to the Duckett investigation.

"His Internet postings are simply an amateur attempt to crack the case using what he calls a psychology trick," DeForest said.

"We all get together on a daily basis, and we basically talk about Trenton," Murtaugh said. "Where is he? Is he alive? Is he not?"

Murtaugh said he lost a child at the age of 25 and knows what it is like for a father not to have a son.

Murtaugh said he admits his Internet messages probably went too far, DeForest reported.

Anyone with information concerning Trenton's whereabouts is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Previous Stories:
November 30, 2006: Person Of Interest Questioned In Trenton Duckett

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »

Seems like there are lots of "Murtaugh" type people all over the net.
They think they are "in the know" Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

I just wish they'd find this little boy!

Maine, born and raised!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Seems like there are lots of "Murtaugh" type people all over the net.
They think they are "in the know" Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

I just wish they'd find this little boy!

Me too.

As for MURT one would think if he went thru the loss of a missing child he would know enough not to put out false hope.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »

LEESBURG, Fla. -- It's been almost five months and there has been no sign of missing Lake County toddler Trenton Duckett.

Team Trenton said they are devoted to finding the boy alive, and they are getting help from all around the country, WESH 2 News reported.

The team said that they just received something in the mail Tuesday.

When Carla Massero, Duckett's grandmother, got a FedEx package at Team Trenton headquarters, she said she wasn’t sure what to expect.

Every square of the quilt shows a different view of the missing toddler.

Web site bloggers created the quilt as a gift for Trenton's grandmother to show that they care.

"It made my day," Massero said. "You know, to think that there are so many people that really do care."

From Kellie in Oklahoma to Michelle and Amy in Indiana, Massero said she doesn’t know any of them personally, but each name means another person is on the watch for her grandson.

The family said they are encouraged they will find, fresh tips in the case.

"They're moving forward with a lot of stuff, law enforcement has been working on a lot of stuff and they're saying that they've been very active," Joshua Duckett, Trenton's father said.

The Marion County Sheriff's Office Task Force devoted to finding the toddler is still fully operational.

The force said they will have an update in the case at the end of January.
Copyright 2007 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »

Police Investigating If Trenton Duckett May Be In Korea

POSTED: 5:41 pm EST January 23, 2007

LEESBURG, Fla. -- Investigators said it's been part of their investigation since the beginning, but police revealed new details, Tuesday, about the disappearance of Trenton Duckett.

Police are trying to figure out if someone might have taken the boy to Korea.

The Leesburg boy was first reported missing by his mother last summer. She committed suicide shortly after that.

Investigators said they've combed through passenger logs to see if Melinda Duckett had someone take the boy to her homeland of Korea.

So far, there's no evidence to confirm the possibility, but Duckett did once talk about having her son go to Korea.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10827031/detail.html

I pray this might be true.  He is such an adorable child, I hope they find him safe somewhere.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

Shocked

Well that would put a twist on the events.  Korea is such a busy area. It would be so easy to hide him.

Maine, born and raised!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2007, 11:53:40 AM »

I just saw a video on cnn that said toddler may be in Korea...couldn't get it to play, but had a feeling it was about this.  mmmmm

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »

Search for Trenton Duckett Takes New Turn

Jan 25, 2007 07:52 AM EST

(January 25, 2007) - - The search for a missing Florida boy with ties to Western New York has taken a new turn Thursday morning.

Detectives searching for two year old Trenton Duckett are now going through international airline records.

They are trying to determine if the toddler was smuggled to South Korea. Trenton was last seen in late August when his mother, Lockport native Melinda Duckett, reported him missing.

Maj. Chris Blair (Marion Co. Sheriff's Office): "We do have certain individuals that stated she talked about her roots and possibly sending him back to his roots."

Police say Melinda Duckett committed suicide two days later, shortly after she was grilled by talk show host Nancy Grace on CNN.

How to advertise on WIVB.com
It is time for your business to take advantage of the Internet's incredible growth!

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2007, 01:32:16 PM »

OCALA, Fla. -- A former co-worker of missing toddler Trenton Duckett's mother has provided police with information that they are investigating.

Carolyn Kendrick is a chiropractic clinic manager in Sumter County. Melinda Duckett worked there when Trenton was 6 months old.

Duckett is considered the prime suspect in her son's disappearance. She killed herself in September, just weeks after she reported the boy missing.

That same month, Kendrick described Duckett's desire to find her Korean birth mother.

"The only thing she really expressed to me was that she wanted to go back to her roots, which is Korea," Kendrick told WESH 2 News.

As police search for Trenton, they're finding information Kendrick provided to be of significant investigative value.

"She stated that Melinda had a real desire in her heart to go over there and find her relatives and have Trenton meet them," said Maj. Chris Blair of the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Kendrick echoed what many believe, including investigators, that the child who was reported as disappearing from his mom's Leesburg apartment last August is alive somewhere, possibly in Korea.

Kendrick remembers Melinda Duckett as loving and caring.

"I do not believe that Melinda harmed Trenton at all. I don't think that she abused him in any kind of way," she said.

Detectives said they do not know if Duckett ever found her birth mother or father.

"We do not know that she had ever made contact with anyone or any relatives in Korea," Blair said.

Marion County started a task force dedicated to finding Trenton late last year. They thought it might last 30 days, but with as much as they are unraveling, officials said there is no end in sight as to when the task force will end its duties.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »

I'm holding onto hope for this adorable little boy

Maine, born and raised!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
I'm holding onto hope for this adorable little boy

Same here.

The scenario that he is out of the country would certainly make sense.

I hope they find him and that he is ok.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2007, 09:17:53 AM »

Lead Investigator: 'We Think Trenton Is Alive'

On Monday, WESH 2 anchor Wendy Chioji spoke to Maj. Chris Blair, Marion County's lead investigator in the Duckett case.

She asked him why Marion County is operating under the belief that Trenton is still alive.

"There's no evidence to support otherwise. There's none to show that any harm came to Trenton," Blair said.

WESH 2 News has confirmed that Melinda Duckett became a notary the same month she reported her son missing.

Blair said it's "speculative" to presume that she used that to forge documents to get Trenton out of the country.

"We're aware of that information, and we do not know exactly what she had done with any paperwork at this time," he said.

Many have criticized the Leesburg Police Department for not arresting Melinda Duckett sooner in the investigation.

"That's something that certainly the detectives have to look at. I wasn't involved in the investigation (nor was) the Marion County Sheriff's Office at that time. That's something, a decision had to be made, they made it and that's where we are today," he said.

Blair said certain clues, such as the way Melinda Duckett talked about her son in the present tense, make them believe that the toddler is alive.

"She's an obsessively compulsive type person, she's a planner. We also have the witnesses from Wendy's who state that on Aug. 27 that she drove through the drive-through and approximately 20 minutes later, she came back without Trenton," Blair said. "We're taking the theory that Trenton Duckett is most likely and possibly alive."

Blair said investigators are continuing to pour over manifests of flights from the U.S. to Korea, and they have asked the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for assistance with that task.

entire article here:
http://www.wesh.com/news/10873392/detail.html
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »

Thanks Festa

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »

was just checking around to see if there were any new developments in the case.

I am still saying prayers they find this cute lil guy

Maine, born and raised!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2007, 12:23:56 PM »

The search for missing 2-year-old Trenton Duckett is about to reach the six-month point.

That's six months of interrogations, searches and scrutiny.

There are some changes in the Leesburg Police Department, which has been under the national microscope the whole time, WESH 2 News reported.

The department announced a new deputy chief and a new public information officer on Wednesday, but the talk quickly turned to the Duckett investigation.

"Again, no physical evidence as to whether he's dead or alive," said Maj. Steve Rockefeller of the Leesburg Police Department.

The department said it has members of the investigative team who believe that Duckett's mother, Melinda, did not kill him.

"We're very much open to the possibility that he's alive. We're very much open to the possibility, unfortunately, that he's dead," Rockefeller said.

Police had the chance to arrest Melinda Duckett last September on an active forgery warrant but chose not to. Days later, she killed herself.

"Have you thought about whether Melinda should have been arrested?" WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing asked Rockefeller.

"Absent being clairvoyant and knowing that a suicide was going to take place, we would probably still make the same decision again," he said. "And it was just to gain her trust. We wanted her to work with us."

He said he did make a mistake by mischaracterizing the size of the cut in Trenton's window screen, but he said he still believes overall that the department has handled the case correctly.

"Melinda Duckett is still the only primary suspect that we have the case, the only suspect that we have in the case," Rockefeller said.

During the course of the investigation, police said they have contacted more than 40 sex offenders who lived within a two-mile radius of Duckett's apartment.

Leesburg said on Wednesday that Lt. Rob Hicks is the new spokesman for the department.

Marion County is also involved with the case. The sheriff's office said its investigators are talking very little, if at all, with Leesburg police, making their case more difficult.

They said the possible Korea connection is going nowhere, but they are looking at other theories, such as the idea that perhaps this was a stranger abduction.

To comment on this story, send an e-mail to Bob Kealing.

Previous Stories:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.