April 27, 2024, 09:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Alert: 2-year-old Trenton Duckett in Florida  (Read 127742 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »

Missing Fla. boy's dad criticizes search

March 28, 2007

http://tinyurl.com/3dfkuj

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »

Authorities Looking For SUV Owners In Trenton Duckett Case

POSTED: 5:42 pm EDT March 28, 2007

OCALA, Fla. -- Authorities said Wednesday they are looking for new clues in the case of a 2-year-old boy who disappeared in August.

A witness told Marion County Sheriff's detectives they saw a couple in a Cadillac Escalade with Melinda Duckett, the mother of missing Trenton Duckett, at a construction site off the Florida Turnpike in the week before he disappeared on Aug. 27.

The couple, described as an Asian or Hispanic man and woman in their late 50s to early 60s, were driving a light silver or gold SUV with a possible New York license tag, said Marion County Sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Livoti. No other details were available.

"The witness feels that he did see Melinda in that area with this couple. It supports our theory that the child was handed off to someone," Livoti said.

>>>The Complete Story
http://www.wftv.com/news/11423332/detail.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2007, 12:00:54 AM »

Billboard Will Display Missing Toddler's Photo During BikeFest

http://www.wesh.com/news/12931744/detail.html

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2007, 07:02:09 PM »

I hope, wherever he is, that little Trenton is ok.

This is such a strange case.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »

Nancy Grace, CNN Head to Federal Court Over Trenton / Melinda Duckett Lawsuit
Federal Magistrate Urges Family of Melinda Duckett to Drop Father, Joshua Duckett from Lawsuit

A federal magistrate has recommended that the father of Trenton Duckett, Joshua Duckett, be dropped from a wrongful-death lawsuit that has been brought forth by the family members of Melinda Duckett, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

The lawsuit named Joshua Duckett, Cable News Network (CNN), Nancy Grace, who is a host of a show on CNN, and other various associates from CNN. The magistrate also stated that he would suggest that the lawsuit be tried in federal court instead of county court.

The lawsuit was brought forth in the Lake County Courts in November of 2006 by the family members of Melinda Duckett, mother of the missing Trenton Duckett. Trenton Duckett was taken from his bedroom window in late August of 2006 while his mother and friends were watching a movie in the living room in Leesburg, Florida. The lawsuit is seeking an unspecified amount for damages stating that the Nancy Grace show inflicted emotional distress and also misappropriated the young mother's image.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/289809/nancy_grace_cnn_head_to_federal_court.html

I don't have a great love for Nancy Grace, but this whole thing feels so wrong - Trenton Duckett is missing and energy/money/resources should be put into finding out what happened to him and where he is - and IMO, Melinda Duckett has something to do with that - and instead we are focusing on NG and CNN as possible causes of MD's suicide - I think if we find Trenton that might explain her real reasons...
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2007, 07:45:21 AM »

Exactly Festa - another waste of money.  My opinion - if she truly had nothing to do with it, why kill yourself over it.  The truth always comes out, and bottom line, if she felt pressure or like her character was being questioned - if she was innocent - stand strong. And she was the one who said 'they would never find him.'  What the heck.  Even IF that was a statement out of pure despair, I still don't see an innocent mother making such a statement.  I think that one was from the heart and she knew darn well what she was talking about.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2007, 03:16:38 PM »

Did they ever comment more on the fact that she supposedly gave him to two of her friends?  What ever happened with that?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »

I have heard something along those lines myself, her giving him to someone.  I never did hear anything else about that.  

What is unsettling to me is, she said to her mother, that she knows 'they will never find him.'   It could mean several things, but no matter what - it doesn't sound good on any level.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »

No it doesn't... my hope is that she gave him to someone that will love him... as he deserved.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »

Florida Cops Rule Out Theories, Narrow Search for Missing Toddler Trenton Duckett

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

* E-MAIL STORY
    * PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION

AP

Trenton Duckett, age 2, has been missing since August from Marion County, Fla.

Trenton Duckett, age 2, has been missing since August from Marion County, Fla.

LEESBURG, Fla. —  A central Florida toddler missing for almost a year was not abducted by a stranger and was not handed off to someone else by his mother, who killed herself as authorities focused on her as a suspect in the disappearance, detectives said Tuesday.

The fate of Trenton Duckett, whose third birthday was Friday, remains unclear, Leesburg police Maj. Steve Rockefeller said. There have been no confirmed sightings of Trenton since he left his great grandparents house Aug. 26, 2006.

Click here for photos of police evidence.

His mother, 21-year-old Melinda Duckett, reported him missing a day later.

"We're still looking," Rockefeller said. "Our primary mission is to bring him home."

Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.

Detectives on Tuesday released photos of toys, birthday cards, photos and children's food they believe Duckett threw in the trash after reporting Trenton missing. Duckett, who killed herself Sept. 8, is the only suspect in the toddler's disappearance, Rockefeller said.
Related

Stories
          o CNN, Nancy Grace Seek to Dismiss Lawsuit Over Woman's Suicide
          o Lawsuit Filed Against CNN, Nancy Grace Over Suicide of Melinda Duckett
          o Officials: Missing Boy Whose Mom Committed Suicide May Still be Alive
      Video
          o Duckett v. CNN
          o New Hope for Trenton
          o Update on Duckett Child
      Photo Essays
          o New Clues in Trenton Duckett Case

He said detectives ruled out theories that Trenton was taken by a stranger or that Duckett handed Trenton off to a friend or relative to keep him from his father, 22-year-old Joshua Duckett. The Ducketts were separated when Trenton vanished.

Melinda Duckett fatally shot herself shortly after intense questioning by CNN talk-show host Nancy Grace. Her family is suing Grace and the network, alleging the host's intense questioning caused severe emotional distress that led to the suicide on the day the taped interview aired. CNN and Grace have asked a federal judge to dismiss the lawsuit.

Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294035,00.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2007, 06:16:22 PM »

Police Release New Photos, Info In Duckett Search
http://www.wftv.com/news/13943460/detail.html

Leesburg, Marion investigators differ over Trenton's disappearance
http://www.starbanner.com/article/20070822/NEWS/70822010/1001/NEWS01

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2007, 07:55:37 PM »

After looking at all those things she threw away.....I am convinced she killed him, and I am also convinced she did not love that sweet little boy. She got rid of some of the most precious keepsakes of her baby's life. I would never throw away a picture of my baby. Never. I have kept a lot of things from my children's infancy, maybe too many, but what loving mother throws away things from a baby's first year of life? Especially your first baby?
It's like she was almost trying to erase him, and pretend he never lived.
And to throw away his things that he probably needed for daycare...she knew she'd never need to replace them.
It's an eerie assortment of Trenton's belongings,and Melinda was a cold, self-absorbed, and cruel person to be able to throw those things in the trash.
I think those items tell the whole story, and I don't think Trenton survived his mother's selfish need to punish everyone around her.
I feel like crying over those items, for Trenton, since I doubt his mother did.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:08 AM »

I agree pdh3, it's just beyond heartbreaking. How can anyone believe she didn't know her son was dead and to think he loved those blueberry eggo's?

I continue to stand with the girl.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2007, 03:24:02 PM »

I agree pdh3, it's just beyond heartbreaking. How can anyone believe she didn't know her son was dead and to think he loved those blueberry eggo's?

I totally agree!! It breaks my heart. That sweet, innocent baby boy  Sad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2007, 03:52:28 PM »

Missing Boy Case Featured On National Show
POSTED: 6:47 am EDT August 28, 2007

http://www.local6.com/news/13990410/detail.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

The Official Trenton Duckett Website
http://www.helpfindtrenton.com/

Bring Me Home

Take me back
Where I need to be
Bring me home
So I can sleep

Those who know
Where I may be
Please no longer hold
The secrets you keep

Hatred and anger
Matters no more
Help me return
To the family I adore

I miss the love
That we all share
I long for the hugs
From those who care

Take me back
Where I need to be
Bring me home
So I can sleep

~ anonymous

katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »

ive followed this story since day 1
I have prayed for trenton and his whereabouts.. this story has haunted me ..I find melinda was a strange person.. I recall when she spoke to her mother ..shortly after he went missing.. . she told this to her mother..he isnt coming back mom..
she knew she either killed him or sold him..
if she did kill him why hasnt he been found.. after all shes wasnt a very smart person..
what I also find weird is that her parents whom lived out of state had never met trenton.. dont you find that odd???
I to this day am haunted by  this.. I continue to pray  that he is found..
melinda took her secret to the grave.. I cannot believe that the guys that  were vissiting her the night he disappeared .said the that they . know .. nothing. i think the police should have done more to find him.. or am I watching to much CSI there had to be some DNA somewhere... I will forever carry him in my heart.. R.I.P  trenton if you are dead... sleep with the angels..

p.s
maybe she shook him .. because he was crying didnt want to go to bed.. because she didnt want her cha cha interrupted.. she probably was most likely having an orgy with the guys. she was pretty kinky.. as evidenced by her comments on my space.
katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »

trenton disappeared august 27th 06
does anyone know if there were any updates.. i have been haunted by this case since it happened and was wondering if anyone else had any ideas and thoughts  on where he is.. and why he hasnt been found
truly one of the sadest 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »

“Without a Trace” Will Feature Missing FL Toddler

* Missing: Trenton Duckett
    * Without a Trace

Published: Mon, March 03, 2008 - 11:02 am
Last Updated: Mon, March 03, 2008 - 11:09 am

A missing Florida toddler will be featured this week on the popular CBS drama Without a Trace.
3-year-old Trenton Duckett disappeared from his home in Leesburg on August 27, 2006. Since then, his case has gotten national media attention. Duckett was featured on America's Most Wanted at the request of Mark Lunsford, who's 9-year-old daughter Jessica was kidnapped, raped and murdered in 2005.
Without a Trace will mention Duckett's case at the end of the Thursday's episode, which airs at 9:00 p.m. on WKRG News 5.
Duckett is a bi-racial (Asian/White) male, stands 3'0" tall, weighs 35 to 40 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.
If you think you know anything that could help authorities find the boy, call the FBI hot line at 1.800.CALL.FBI
http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/missing_fl_toddler_featured_on_without_a_trace/10960/
-------------------------------------------
Published: March 03, 2008 06:57 pm
NEW YORK: Maziarz proposes ‘Trenton’s Law’

Proposed law would require birth certificates upon enrollment in day care

Staff Reports
Niagara Gazette
A proposed state law, named for a missing child with local ties, aims to bring day care providers into the fight against child abduction.

“Trenton’s Law” — named for Trenton Duckett, son of Lockport native Melinda Duckett — would require parents and guardians to produce original birth certificates when enrolling their children in any day care facility.

The bill, introduced last month by state Sen. George Maziarz, R-Newfane, is meant to help law enforcement work with day care centers to potentially find children who have been reported missing.

“It’s another tool for law enforcement to try to locate missing children,” Maziarz said.

Two-year-old Trenton was reported missing Aug. 27, 2006, in Leesburg, Fla. Melinda Duckett, who attended Lockport High School, told police that she put Trenton in his crib that evening. She said when she checked in on him after watching a movie, she found an empty crib and a 10-inch cut in the window screen.

Investigators in Florida have named Melinda the prime suspect in Trenton’s disappearance.

Melinda committed suicide in September 2006 after taping a volitile interview with CNN’s Nancy Grace. The search for Trenton continues.

Maziarz said the birth certificate requirement may help find some of the over 22,000 children reported missing every day in the U.S.

If passed, the law would be an amendment to the state’s existing social services law.

If an original certificate can not be provided upon enrollment in a day care facility, the director or operator of the facility would contact the statewide missing children registry. If the child appears to match one reported missing, the day care provider would be required to contact local law enforcement.

The law excludes day care providers from civil or criminal liability that could arise from carrying out these requirements.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_063185705.html

katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »

Does anyone think:
That trenton duckett is still alive..
Is there a possibility
no sign of his body if she did kill him
I would like to think that he is alive somewhere.. and will be found.
but it puzzles me  .. the comment melinda had with her mother prior to her suicide
she said .. mom he isnt coming back..
what did she mean?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.