April 28, 2024, 03:17:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Alert: 2-year-old Trenton Duckett in Florida  (Read 127800 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 10:24:45 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
I agree that she knew things that we will now not be able to find out....

So sad...

Well I'm gonna hit the hay my sistah!!!!!!!

Have a good night, and I'll see ya tomorrow.......
 Laughing

Nite Sistah... I am watching NG right now, and NG is still going after the mom... but the story about the state trooper that was told not to stop the car... what if that person is the guilty one?  

OMG!  I am just seeing way too much from NG about this... going on GMA in the morning?  NG seems to be trying way to hard, to back pedal...

I don't think NG needs to back pedal on anything, I think she was on the right track with the mom.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 07:46:52 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/9843232/detail.html

LEESBURG, Fla. -- On Friday, Melinda Duckett, the mother of a missing 2-year-old boy, will be laid to rest in a private ceremony.

She shot herself to death in her grandparents' home nearly a week ago, WESH 2 News reported.

Josh Duckett, Melinda's estranged husband and Trenton's father, will not be at the funeral.

"Out of respect for the family, for her family, due to the bad blood, I will not be attending. I would like to have been there, but I got to keep our focus on Trenton 100 percent," he said.

Bill and Nancy Eubank, Melinda Duckett's grandparents, said they believe their granddaughter killed herself because she was under so must stress.

"For people who are already suffering some form of stress and new stress, added stress, can push people over the edge. And typically, it's the sleep disturbance, which then impairs your brain functioning and your ability to think clearly and logically," said Dr. Thomas Valente, a psychiatrist who did not treat Duckett.

He said because a person commits suicide does not indicate that he or she may have committed a criminal act.

Anyone who has any information in the case is asked to call investigators at 800-CALL-FBI.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

Oh thats right it was Ms Jones......Yep you are correct , don't see much of her anymore....

As for this young mother.....I did find it odd that she put an ad in the paper selling her baby car seat two weeks before the baby went missing....it took many hours since she noticed the baby was gone, to report it to police....she would only cooperate with the FBI not other law enforcement agencies and the FBI denied saying they told her to only cooperate with them....she refused to take a lie detector test.....does not sound all that innocent to me.........

http://www.wesh.com/news/9849178/detail.html

Just wanted to add to the car seat and stuffed animal information:

Police Searching Ocala Forest In Duckett Case Find Stuffed Animal

LEESBURG, Fla. -- Police searched two new locations in the case of a missing Lake County toddler, and they found a stuffed animal during their search on Thursday.

Investigators searched two areas of the Ocala National Forest in Marion County, but the search has been called off for the day, WESH 2 News reported.

Trenton Duckett, 2, has been missing since Aug. 27. His mother, Melinda Duckett, said he disappeared from his bed.

Police received two tips that placed Duckett in the area of the Ocala National Forest before she reported her son missing. Police have been asking the public to help them establish a timeline around the toddler's disappearance.

They have specifically asked anyone who may have seen Duckett, her son or her car on Aug. 26 and Aug. 27 to call police. She drove a silver 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Searchers found a stuffed animal during their forest search on Thursday, but so far, there is no evidence to link it to Trenton. The Leesburg Police Department said the animal is an elephant with black-and-white checkered ears. The FBI will show it to Josh Duckett, Trenton's father, to see if it's similar to one his son has.

"We have no indication that the stuffed animal belongs to Trenton or has any link to Trenton in any way," said Capt. Steve Rockefeller of the Leesburg Police Department. "The K-9 teams and the searchers have broken down their search efforts for the evening and they did not find anything else other than this stuffed animal."

Officials from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement assisted with the search.

During the search, WESH 2 News spoke with Josh Duckett, and he said his son has a small brown bear that he often carries around. He said it was a Christmas present.

Investigators cautioned that the stuffed animal they found may not be related to the case, but they thought it was a close enough match to take it in for analysis.

Officials searching said they are chasing down every possible lead. They said they received two different tips from people who thought they might have seen Duckett that weekend near the forest. The tipsters were a camper and someone who lived in the area.

The stuffed animal was found in the area where the camper reported possibly seeing Melinda Duckett. The second search scene is where the resident reported seeing her.

Other than the stuffed animal, searchers said they did not find anything else significant.

The Leesburg Police Department said the search will resume on Firday or Saturday with fresh teams of search dogs.

WESH 2 has also learned that investigators have searched a pet cemetery looking for clues in Trenton's whereabouts, but that search turned up nothing.

At a Thursday afternoon news conference, Rockefeller said the family of the missing boy will be holding a prayer vigil in Leesburg Square on Friday at 7:30 p.m. He said the prayer service is intended for Trenton, so any bad blood that may exist between Melinda and Josh Duckett's friends and family should be set aside.

He said both sides are welcomed and encouraged to attend. It will be held in front of the City Hall.

Rockefeller also confirmed Thursday that Melinda Duckett purchased a 20-gauge shotgun during the month of August. He said they have heard some indications that she did some target shooting but they are unaware if she was a hunter.

CNN has confirmed that on Trenton's second birthday, Duckett placed an ad in a local newspaper attempting to sell her son's car seat. That was 17 days before he disappeared.

But at the news conference, Rockefeller said investigators found a new carseat box in Duckett's apartment. He also said he never saw her car without a car seat in it.

Duckett shot herself to death last Friday at her grandparent's home in Lady Lake, and she will be laid to rest on Friday.

Anyone with any information about the case is urged to call 800-CALL-FBI.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 07:56:26 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Here is a story that I found that is getting NO airplay. I have yet to see any follow up to this story.

Pursuit Inquiry After Chase Of Possible Suspect Called Off

http://www.wftv.com/news/9779121/detail.html

DELAND, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned a pursuit inquiry was launched after a Florida Highway Patrol trooper called off a chase that may have been related to the Amber Alert for missing toddler Trenton Duckett.

One trooper thought a child in the car matched Duckett's description.

In the FHP incident report, the trooper involved in the pursuit said he had every reason to want to pull the car over and no reason to let him go.

The report says the driver fled after being pulled over. The trooper writes that he saw the driver force a small child to the floorboards as he pulled away. The trooper notes that he tan car, with no plates, matched the description of a car wanted in connection with a murder in Saint Johns County.

What's more, the trooper believes the child fit the description of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett, a child recently abducted in Lake County. There is an Amber Alert out for Duckett and a be-on-the-lookout (BOLO) alert for the car.

"If the BOLOo was put out for a crime that was a forcible felony, we would be able to continue our pursuit by our policy," said Trooper Kim Miller, Florida Highway Patrol.

Murder and kidnapping are considered forcible felonies and justify pursuit according to FHP policy, but the trooper said his supervisor told him to let the car go.

"We are looking to see if the trooper should have been able to continue the pursuit by our policy," Miller said.

In the report, the trooper makes his case to stay on the car, but his supervisor, Lt. Kevin Vaughn, is quoted as saying, "It is not against the law to have kids in the car."

The trooper broke off pursuit and the car, suspect and child were gone.

As a result, a pursuit inquiry was launched and FHP hopes the 2-year-old's possible kidnapper was not let go for no reason.

"We don't know if we can go into the what-ifs. For a trooper, that's definitely weighing on their mind," Miller said.

The inquiry into the decision not to pursue the suspect car was still ongoing Friday

It looks like they pulled an ALE.  Do I need to elaborate?

I believe in miracles!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 08:04:48 AM »

Thanks Bearly for all the updates!

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 08:15:28 AM »

I found it interesting that Garrison has no respect for Grace’s interview style and will not go on her show.

There are tried and true methods used by professionals to extract information from witnesses and suspects.  Those methods are diametrically opposed to Nancy Grace’s technique.  She takes the approach of an overzealous prosecutor confronting an indicted individual.  Two vastly different scenarios…
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »

Thanks Bearly for all the updates!

You're welcome.    

There is a lengthy interview with Josh Duckett, Trenton's dad, here:

http://www.wesh.com/news/9849178/detail.html

I believe in miracles!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 08:46:28 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I found it interesting that Garrison has no respect for Grace’s interview style and will not go on her show.

There are tried and true methods used by professionals to extract information from witnesses and suspects.  Those methods are diametrically opposed to Nancy Grace’s technique.  She takes the approach of an overzealous prosecutor confronting an indicted individual.  Two vastly different scenarios…

She goes over the top and flares her nostrils at least 4 times during her show.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2006, 08:56:33 AM »

She is a tuff broad!  I wouldn't go on her show on a bet!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »

LEESBURG -- The father of a 2-year-old boy who has been missing for more than 2 weeks told WKMG Local 6 News that he does not believe a stuffed animal found during a search in the Ocala National Forest belongs to his son.

Authorities received a new tip Thursday that Trenton Duckett and his mother were apparently seen in the Ocala National Forest on the weekend the child vanished, police said.

During the search, a child's toy elephant was found, but it apparently does not belong to Trenton."

Father Joshua Duckett said at first he was alarmed when searchers found a stuffed animal, an elephant, near the search site," Local 6's Erik von Ancken said. "But, now he believes the toy does not belong to Trenton."

"He wasn't a real big stuffed animal fan," Joshua Duckett said. "He tended to play more with the balls."

Joshua Duckett planned to see the stuffed animal today.

Authorities said they are leaning toward the scenario that the boy's mother may have staged the boy's disappearance from his home at the end of August, Local 6 News reported.

Melinda Duckett committed suicide last week, officials said, and since then investigators have leaned away from the theory that an intruder snatched the boy from his home.

Local 6 News has learned that crime lab technicians are analyzing a .20-gauge shotgun recovered from Melinda's home to see if it is relevant in Trenton's disappearance.

"Melinda did purchase a firearm during the month of August, which is the same month of the reported abduction," Leesburg police Capt. Steve Rockefeller said.

The gun Melinda used to kill herself belonged to her grandparents, the report said.

The 21-year-old mother was studying for a career in law enforcement and had experience shooting guns.

"We heard that she did do some shooting, some target practice-type shooting," Rockefeller.

Joshua Duckett also confirmed Thursday that when Melinda was pregnant with Trenton, she was checked into a mental health facility because she was talking about suicide.

« Return to previous page

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2006, 12:52:23 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/92022224
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 02:12:22 AM »

Laughing I am never going to be able to look at her again without seeing a face of a bull superimposed on hers.  Thanks for the visual.  Laughing

I believe in miracles!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"

Laughing I am never going to be able to look at her again without seeing a face of a bull superimposed on hers.  Thanks for the visual.  Laughing

Sowwwy.....LOL
Watch how many times she flares them..... Wink

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2006, 06:45:40 PM »

Did anyone else go to that myspace posting?  his friends don't seem to get it.... and that made me wonder what the hell is going on....

WOW...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »

I like Clint Van Zandt and respect his assessment of the Nancy Grace interview.

Yesterday, Van Zandt told The Free Lance-Star, "When they make it a circus just for ratings and take a fragile human being like that--whether she killed her own child or not-- and rake her over the coals, that's unconscionable."
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2006, 09:12:10 AM »

Good morning Easy, andall monkeys...

In the beginning I did not make much of Nancy' Grace and her attacking of Melinda Duckett as far as making this girl commit suicide, but after reading alot of Monkey Posts, and listening to what Clif V said I am beginning to change my mind.

NG is a former prosecutor and acted like one during that interview, and she should have realized she is a TV host now, and was not grilling a suspect in court, but a mother whose child went missing.

I still think that Melinda Duckett had a lot to hide, knew alot more than she let on, but with her being gone now we may never know the truth and maybe the chance for getting that baby alive is now lost...

And to a big extent, I do now feel that NG in a sense probably did alot more damage than good with this investigation, and I am sure the people who are working this case feel the same way.

JUST MY 2 cents.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060917/NEWS/209170382/1001/NEWS01

Still searching for Trenton~

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »

Divers find no clues in toddler search
OCALA, Fla., Sept. 17 (UPI) -- Divers came up empty Sunday after searching a swampy lake in Ocala National Forest in central Florida for a 2-year-old boy missing for three weeks.

Police said they planned to take a new course in their search Monday, WFTV-TV in Orlando, Fla., reported.

They had searched the lake after getting a tip from someone claiming to have seen Trenton Duckett with his mother, Melinda, shortly before the toddler disappeared Aug. 27.

Melinda Duckett killed herself in her grandparents' home Sept. 8. Family members blamed the suicide on stress and intense media attention.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2006, 03:20:34 PM »

Since the suicide, investigators have been leaning toward the possibility that Melinda Duckett staged her son's disappearance.

Above is from 6.com

Stomachs Of Alligators To Be Examined In Missing-Boy Search
Trapper Called To Remove 8-Foot Alligator
POSTED: 1:44 pm EDT September 18, 2006
UPDATED: 1:56 pm EDT September 18, 2006

The Marion County Sheriff's Office asked the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to catch at least one large alligator in an area where crews are searching for a missing boy, according to a news release.

Authorities continued their fourth day of searching near Farles Lake in the Ocala National Forest for 2-year-old Trenton Duckett.

Trenton was reported missing 22 days ago by his mother, Melinda Duckett, who committed suicide more than a week ago.

On Monday afternoon, a trapper will attempt to catch an 8-foot alligator spotted near Farles Lake.

If alligators are captured, their stomachs will be examined for any evidence such as bone, fabric and hair remnants, the Florida Fish and Wildlife release said.

The report said the alligator has not posed a threat to search divers, but investigators want to rule out any possibilities.

"There are not a lot of alligators in Farles Lake, and again, there is no information linking an alligator to Trenton's disappearance," the release said.

Search Continues

Authorities continued their fourth day of searching near Farles Lake in the Ocala National Forest with dive teams, search dogs and ground crews.

"It is very treacherous work," Marion County sheriff's Capt. James Pogue said. "The water is murky. It is not like swimming in a swimming pool, where you see everything when you go underwater. It is really just a touch-and-feel-type of game."

Searchers have been in the area after a tipster said he saw and possibly talked with Melinda Duckett.

Searchers formed a human dragnet around Farles Lake Sunday but found nothing.

More than 150 officers and volunteers, 17 cadaver dogs and a helicopter were used in the search near the Farles Lake area of the forest.

Hundreds Of Tips

Local 6 News reported that since the boy vanished on Aug. 27, tips have come in by the hundreds, but there are still more to check out, according to police.

"We are still trying to firm up Melinda's timeline in the 24 to 48 hours prior to the abduction," Leesburg police Capt. Steve Rockefeller said.

Leesburg police said a multiagency task force is working other routine leads and plans to regroup Monday and Tuesday to plot a new course in the search for the toddler.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1874696,00.html

Interesting perspective from across the pond.......

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.