March 28, 2024, 06:50:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #752 5/15 - 5/20/08  (Read 283855 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 05:24:41 PM »

Why did Robots leave?
I think his last quote was something like "my work here is through". It was right during Joran's "confession".

Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »

But it's not over. Certainly he realizes that and should come back!

Robots, get back here!

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »

Someone give CAPS a call. He hasn't posted in a week and he first told us of this pond search a month ago.

Caps is fine.
Thanks Lala's! Has He told You anything You can share with Us? TIA

Nothing at this time.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »

Posted/transcribed by Heli at RU - Tim Miller interview on Dana Pretzer 5/14/08:

Dana Pretzer Show
May 14, 2008

Transcribed from Podcast of the Dana Pretzer Show

Dana:

When you think of Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch of course you know they're a high profile organization that will go out and search for loved ones, missing persons and of course we know them mostly from the search for Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Tim Miller, of course, is the President of Texas Equusearch and he's going back to Aruba with four other members of Texas Equusearch but they're going to be searching for an aruban and I know that sounds a little bit
different but I thought I would bring Tim Miller on to talk about that and I think Tim doesn't care where you're from if there's a way to search for ya, he's gonna go look for ya.

Tim, welcome back to the program.

Tim Miller:

Well, thanks Dana, it's been awhile since I talked to ya, and that's not saying that we (inaudible)

Dana:

I'll bet. Going back to Aruba must bring mixed emotions for you but I'm sure you and your group are focused on trying to find Jose Tromp, I hope I'm pronouncing that properly.

Tim:

Right, and actually, Jose's mother contacted us by e-mail, early, early last week and it was just heartbreaking. I read her e-mail and she wants help and her son Jose actually worked for the prison system, he was saving
his money up to go to law school, he wanted to become an attorney and on November 27, Jose disappeared and I called her up immediately and I told her that, I said bottom line, I know that for a fact, you love Jose as much as Dave and Beth loved Natalee and God loved them both the same and you know, yes we will help you.

LE needs to be informed that we will help you, you know we're not gonna go behind their back, we certainly want their co-operation, we're not out to slander Aruba by no means. She's just been really disappointed it's been this long and nobody's helped her so she actually contacted the Minister of Justice and I got a copy of that e-mail that she sent him and then she contacted LE and they feel as though we've got some resources that might be valuable in another missing case in Aruba so right now our plans are to fly over there on Sunday and give them a week of this. Of course, that's what we said when we went on Natalee's case too and we know how far that went.

Dana:

Exactly

Tim:

So you know, we got us another family in Aruba but it doesn't matter where they're at. You know there's families all over the world when they've got a missing child they all go through the same pain. And you know what Maria said, she said she just wants to know what happened to Natalee also. She also knows what that family's going through and all the efforts we put into Natalee's case. You know she called us angels and she said she went to our website ... "yesterday my husband, Humphrey and I were discussing Texas Equusearch your organization is doing wonderful work but also expensive one and we need to know what our contribution will be"

I called her back and told her, you know you don't have to pay that, you've got a son that's missing. We never charge the families, we never ask them for anything and she said "we do not have a lot of money but we will do everything we can, please tell us what to do and how to do it." She said "I read some of the stories of missing persons on your website. You people are angels and I feel so sad, not only because my son is missing but because no one cares when someone is missing in Aruba."

So here's somebody from Aruba that feels as though nobody cares and you know the citizens of Aruba treated us so good while we was there. (inaudible) talked to many, many, many people and her friends over in Aruba and so I feel comfortable that we can go ahead and take four people over there, get residents of Aruba to join us as volunteers in this search and do what we can do. There's a lot of areas in Aruba to search. It's a small island but there's still a lot of areas to search and you know, see if we can put something together for this family.

I think we all know as small as this island is, and it's only my feelings and I've been wrong many times before, but as small as that island is, I'd say it's nearly impossible for a 30 year old man to take off on November 27 and still be missing and nobody see him if he just chose to leave. Unfortuntaely, Mom certainly feels as though something happened to him and if so, we want to go ahead and put every effort we can put into it and go see if we can get him located and you know, make a difference and let Aruba know, you know that this isn't about Aruba

Dana:

Exactly

Tim:

It's something that one of our citizens suffered and we're there for you too so, this is not a big show about Natalee. Our hearts go broken over Natalee and we're not done with that search and we're there for one reason now. When we was there before that one reason was Natalee; this time that reason is for Jose.

Dana:

Absolutely! Again, your organization goes above and beyond and it doesn't matter where the location is or the past was; it's important to try and find Jose.

Tim, can you give us an update on Natalee? We haven't heard anything for awhile.

Tim:

Well, you know the update on Natalee is we actually, Louis Schaefer the fellow who spent 3/4 of a million dollars on that last search (inaudible) three weeks and we ended up there for three months instead. This thing just went way, way over budget, probably about $1.8 Million.

You know we located something on December 29; it was sent off to the lab. We still don't know exactly what it was. All we know is there was a press conference that said the items that were found inside that crab trap did not match Natalee's DNA. Now does that mean we possibly found somebody else or what? You know, we still don't know but the other side of that, we've also got over 170 targets that were located with the sonar equipment over there. Many of them things are 800 or 900,1,000 feet deep so the plans were the civilian group that was there with their boat, they did an outstanding job if you want to know the truth and how dedicated they were, it's just beyond words but at this point in time they're talking about bringing in a 360 foot boat out of Trinidad that has much larger ROV equipment on it. It actually has saturated air divers that can go down 1,000 feet and send the ROV down to physically look at every objects of those 170+ objects.

I still predict that one of them is going to be Natalee Unfortuntaely the thing that's holding that up is funding. You know, these companies aren't looking to make any money, they're certainly spending money but they, we got to take care of some of their expenses on that kind of stuff.

A lot of things holding that up too is the political, electioneering there's just been hundreds of millions of dollars donated to our politicians out there which is one reason donations aren't coming in. The other reason is the economy is bad in the States right now, so even (inaudible) this is the worst year we went through so far; the country's stuck in recession and organizations like us are not at the top of the pole when it comes to donations, so we're certainly struggling trying to get this together but I know the day will come when we'll get that boat over there.

We don't think any of those 170+ targets are going to go anywhere, so we're still working on that. I know Dave's going to come, we're going to be back in again Dana because I just feel as though one of those targets is Natalee.

Dana:

You know we all hope and pray for that and I'd like you to give your website information out for anyone that's out there listening who's willing to help out and the smallest contribution I'm sure, would be appreciated.

Tim:
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »

How often are these aerial photo's updated?

Here is the latest photo:

I had the impression that google earth was updated often, could this be the same "pond"?

In My Opinion
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »

Why did Robots leave?

Robots didn't really leave he's been posting all along on the front page of SM.  I don't know why he decided to only post on the FP.  According to Robots he is "under cover" 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:39 PM »

Thanks for bringing that over Klaas! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

I had the impression that google earth was updated often, could this be the same "pond"?

I thought Google Earth was only updated approx every 2 years.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »

Why did Robots leave?

Robots didn't really leave he's been posting all along on the front page of SM.  I don't know why he decided to only post on the FP.  According to Robots he is "under cover" 

I have missed him too, I've even gone back to some of his posts when I needed a laugh...he could always make me smile. 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 06:05:09 PM »

Why did Robots leave?

I should really go back to following the FP more often! Glad he's still with us!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »

Why did Robots leave?

I should really go back to following the FP more often! Glad he's still with us!

Me too! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »

Hint - he's not using the nickname Robots on the front page.  Problem is, if I tell you his front page nickname I'll blow his cover 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »

Hint - he's not using the nickname Robots on the front page.  Problem is, if I tell you his front page nickname I'll blow his cover 
I don't care what moniker he uses -- I bet I would recognize his posts! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 06:20:33 PM »

I don't care what moniker he uses -- I bet I would recognize his posts! 

Yes, you would 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »

I have seen some postings on the FP that I am pretty sure are by Robots.
He can't disguise himself that well and anyone who read here alot and was a fan of Robots
can figure it out.   
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »

Man, I miss Robots!!

Me, too, Wreck.

I think Robots is a victim of the disinformation campaign too.   

imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 07:03:11 PM »

I thought Google Earth was only updated approx every 2 years.

Google updates their imagery based in several factors: usage, variability, population density, and available imagery.  In places such as Las Vegas, usership is very high and new imagery is often spliced in to keep up with construction and new land use.  In rural areas 2-5 year old imagery is common.  In areas where there is more frequent cloud cover, once better imagery is acquired with lower cloud cover they will update the imagery.  Also, they use different imagery at different scales of observation.  This is a common technique when one image is good, but serious artifacts exist in the data.  Sometimes they take a recent good image with a few clouds and remove the clouds by cutting out the clouds with a supervised/unsupervised classification and back-lapping other imagery so the holes are filled in.  Different types of imagery are used in different areas.  In high interest areas, Ikonos or Quickbird imagery is used.  In Siberia... it's probably Landsat7.   

I worked in an advanced remote sensing and spatial analysis lab for a while working on processing and analysis of satelite imagery.

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »

Kyle, what is your assessment of the case at this point? Is it possible that ALE has forensic evidence from these water searches?

Fabric and DNA remains were found in the fish trap, yet we have been told nothing.
This pond was drained and searched by Dutch experts, yet we have been told nothing.

In My Opinion
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »

Wow.  I am always amazed at how far things have come in such a short time.  We're all just a google away!   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

Klaas.....O/T

Re: Laura E. Lenz FOUND SAFE 

Could you please mark it when you get time? Thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.