March 29, 2024, 09:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #752 5/15 - 5/20/08  (Read 283960 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »

Does anyone have the longitude and latitude of the pond.  Iknow they were posted, but I can't find them.  TIA

Oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #751 5/8 -
« Reply #601 on: May 14, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »

The tiny pond is about 0.15-0.2 west of the intersection of Rt. 3 and Rt. 2.  It's on the north side of Rt. 3 next to the soccer field.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2830.msg381325#msg381325

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »

Remember the can of shito.

Someone else look at this site and see if any of the long/lat markings give us a real name.

Forst link is the can of shito

Second link, generic site:

http://glosk.com/AA/Seroe_Canashito/-1891689/index_en.htm

http://glosk.com/AA/Rooi_Taki/-1891898/nearby_en.htm
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »

I speculate that Joran's got muddy ... maybe lost a shoe ... in the pond close to the Marriot Hotel while attempting to hide Natalee in the bushes prior to running across the street to Deepak's vehicle parked at the Raquet Ball club where a panicked discussion took place.

Janet

++++++++++++++

Aruba Cops Search Dutch Suspect's Home
Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A couple of Holloway's family members arrived on the scene Tuesday afternoon as police cordoned off several streets in front of the Marriott and investigators descended upon the swampy terrain next door.
Asked why police searched the area, Comemencia replied, "We got some information we needed to check." He would not say if authorities were acting on what John said. He also declined to comment on whether any of the three young men still in custody had changed their versions of what happened the night the teen disappeared.

There is a small pond, perhaps four to six feet deep, in the underbrush that was being searched. A large fire truck pumper truck was parked on the road. Earlier, what appeared to be a generator was dropped off by a flatbed truck. Reporters said they saw the pond being slowly drained.
You do realize that the pond by the Marriott (the one they made a big deal about draining originally) is not the pond we are talking about now.

1.  The pond by the Marriot was drained in the middle of June, 2005.
2.  The pond by the Racquet Ball Club was drained in at the end of July, 2005.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »

In February, 2008 ... Oceanexporation (Kyle) implied that that the  search of the Monserat Pond was conducted because the opportunity presented itself and ... this pond was the only one in the area that had not been searched.

The implication was that nothing significant was detected.

Janet

+++++++++++

Oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #736 2/27 -
« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »

The pond search was conducted to rule out a local pond that was one of the only ponds in the area not searched to date.  We were dockside (26-Feb) due to weather and couldn't do much so we did the pond sonar search.  It's good to have the technology on board to complete something like that quickly while we're local.

Magnolia
« Reply #276 on: February 28, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »

Hey Ocean,
Did anything look promising?

Oceanexploration
« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

I don't think so from what I heard from the field... but I haven't looked at the data yet.  I'm getting caught up with the data collected while I've been off the boat.  I'll look at the scanning sonar data later this evening.

Klaasend
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:16 PM
»

Oceanexplorer - do you know if they are still searching that area today or did they finish up yesterday?

Oceanexploration
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2008, 08:01:26 PM »

Again, this was done to rule out the pond that wasn't previously searched while we were waiting on weather dockside with the Persistence.
Hi Janet,
Kyle told us today/yesterday that indeed the new search of the pond stemmed from a "witness" that came forward and directed them to the pond BEFORE THE Persistence left the island. The sonar search (not "side sonar") indeed prompted the draining of the pond. It was not done until now because of a lack of manpower due to the strike on the island.
Sometimes, I think our friends such as OE don't tell us all of what they know or their reasons for where they search. That's ok -- it is for the sake of the investigation.

Silence is where it is at.  I cannot comprehend why Kyle lied in February ... he just did not have to say anything.

Wreck ... do you know when the the strike start?

Janet
I really don't think Kyle "lied" to us. I would bet that Kyle did not know about the "witness" himself. Higher ups probably just told him them check the pond out. Even if he did know -- he doesn't "owe" us an explanation of what they do. Sometimes a little white lie is necessary to keep the public at bay. If Kyle had told US the reason -- he is also telling the PERPS the reason!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2008, 06:03:16 PM »

ribbit Miss Destiny

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »

I knew the 24ora logo reminded me of something, wonder if Nike would notice too?  

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »

Janet
So 3 ponds were drained? I only remember the Racquet Ball Club pond being drained and thought it was sort of in between the club and the Marriott.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

What ever happened with the Arubay Video?

I think there was info there....are they located on file here in the cage?

TIA...Destiny

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4099719971643396692

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »

ribbit Miss Destiny

Hey (mudd 'ol )Swamp Thang!

I think Guido luvs you.

He wants to know for shore....
----------------

De tran is comin.  Slow, but comin'  The fat lady hasn't sung (sang?)
We gonna getcha(s)  Know it.  Live wid it.     Jb
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »

This angel like not other... would that be a BLUE angel?   jack BLUE

Hi Blue!   Natalee...an Angel like no other...beware Aruba....

But Blue....you are a *Sweetie*.... Wink...and an Angel too...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

What ever happened with the Arubay Video?

I think there was info there....are they located on file here in the cage?

TIA...Destiny

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4099719971643396692

Thank You! (((((((((((((((2NJ))))))))))))))

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »

In February, 2008 ... Oceanexporation (Kyle) implied that that the  search of the Monserat Pond was conducted because the opportunity presented itself and ... this pond was the only one in the area that had not been searched.

Janet

+++++++++++

Oceanexploration

The pond search was conducted to rule out a local pond that was one of the only ponds in the area not searched to date.  We were dockside (26-Feb) due to weather and couldn't do much so we did the pond sonar search.  It's good to have the technology on board to complete something like that quickly while we're local.

Magnolia

Hey Ocean,

Oceanexploration

I don't think so from what I heard from the field... but I haven't looked at the data yet.  I'm getting caught up with the data collected while I've been off the boat.  I'll look at the scanning sonar data later this evening.

Klaasend
»

Oceanexplorer - do you know if they are still searching that area today or did they finish up yesterday?

Oceanexploration

Again, this was done to rule out the pond that wasn't previously searched while we were waiting on weather dockside with the Persistence.
Hi Janet,
Kyle told us today/yesterday that indeed the new search of the pond stemmed from a "witness" that came forward and directed them to the pond BEFORE THE Persistence left the island. The sonar search (not "side sonar") indeed prompted the draining of the pond. It was not done until now because of a lack of manpower due to the strike on the island.
Sometimes, I think our friends such as OE don't tell us all of what they know or their reasons for where they search. That's ok -- it is for the sake of the investigation.

Silence is where it is at.  I cannot comprehend why Kyle lied in February ... he just did not have to say anything.

Wreck ... do you know when the the strike start?

Janet
I really don't think Kyle "lied" to us. I would bet that Kyle did not know about the "witness" himself. Higher ups probably just told him them check the pond out. Even if he did know -- he doesn't "owe" us an explanation of what they do. Sometimes a little white lie is necessary to keep the public at bay. If Kyle had told US the reason -- he is also telling the PERPS the reason!

Wreck ... I completely agree.  It info is going to compromise the investigation then ...  "I cannot comment" ... is where it is at.

I am leary of the current happenings and ... Kyle's upholding of the Aruban investigative team.  He has already been there; done that.

I do not doubt the sincerity of the crew of the Persistence.  However ... I cannot comprehend why any person who is striving for justice in the Natalee Holloway case believes that cooperation with the enemy he where it is at.  At Private Eye says ... "Rudy Croes is still at the helm."

Patrick van der Eem and Peter Devries have already made us aware the Hans Mos is working very hard to bring the case forward against "JORAN' ... not the the Kalpoes ... not Paulus ... not the pimps ... not those who participated or were aware of the coverup ... just "JORAN".

Janet

++++++++++++

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #715 1/25 -
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

Thought you all may find this interesting if you're willing to accept it-

To date, the Aruban police and dive team has been a tremendous help.  They've honestly done a great job. Over the last month we've established a very good working relationship based on openness and trust.  Most of the relationship success was due to getting the media out of the way and working together shoulder to shoulder over time.  We've helped each other however and whenever we can.  They've treated us with decency and respect and we have treated them as friends and allies, which they are. Most of the police and divers are new since this case started and both eager and careful to do things right.  I wish we had a month ahead of the project just to establish the relationships and trust. I know many of you would likely doubt this view, but it's based on the experiences in the field of the entire search team. I too was extremely worried, paranoid, and suspecting in the beginning.  Now, it's clear we're all working towards a common goal.

Oceanexploration
Natalee Holloway / LCD Archive / Re: Natalee Case Discussion #744 3/19 -  on: March 19, 2008, 08:21:47 PM   

The Coast Guard is not the same as the Aruba police dive division.  It seemed very odd to be told they don't have dive capabilities, especially after they told us it would take about 10-14 days to get a Dutch forensic team on site.  This was 12 and 13 days later.  Coincidence perhaps? 

Janet, you aren't even a bad dream, let alone a nightmare. We had little option other than to have the Aruban dive division recover the samples and bring them back under their care.  Remember we are Americans working in Aruban waters, subject to their laws, invitation, and blessing.  Our hands are tied for the most part. I personally was extremely uncomfortable with the chain of custody, being that we weren't a part of it, but I was powerless to do anything about it.  The samples were photographed in detail by one Aruban diver and the other two investigated the contents of the trap, the dimensions, the rigging, and what surrounded the trap.  From the video, it looked like they did a diligent and careful job with the samples and the underwater photography.  I don't know who has these pictures, but I must assume ALE.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2721.msg366857#msg366857

_____

jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »

I am trying to quit flirting, my sweet Destiny, but you are making it soooo difficult.
Anyway.  Thanks.   Jackb
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »

Janet
So 3 ponds were drained? I only remember the Racquet Ball Club pond being drained and thought it was sort of in between the club and the Marriott.

Wreck ... there was a pond right at the Marriot Hotel ... at the beach.  It was drained in the middle of June.  I think that this is the pond where Joran got muddy.  Please see my post above.

Janet

_____

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »

I suspect Kyle would love to be able to say "no comment" and all of us monkeys let it go at that, but you know we are like a dog picking at a bone for that last tidbit of meat...we won't let it go.  We are a diligent bunch for sure. Maybe he was trying to give us something without saying too much.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »

Janet

Wreck ... there was a pond right at the Marriot Hotel ... at the beach.  It was drained in the middle of June.  I think that this is the pond where Joran got muddy.  Please see my post above.

Janet
I believe you -- I just doubt personally Joran was ever even at the Marriott Beach that night -- let alone where he got "muddy."

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2008, 06:40:32 PM »

Janet

+++++++++++

Oceanexploration

Magnolia

Hey Ocean,

Oceanexploration

Klaasend
»

Oceanexploration

Oceanesploration comments today regarding the pond.  I believe todays post.
I'll try to clarify a few points. Nice pics by the way.
- The pond was searched because of a promising lead we received. 
- We were able to conduct the scanning sonar (not to be confused with side scan sonar) search of the pond because of some weather related down time during the ocean search. 
- My analysis of the sonar was used to 1) show that the pond needed to be drained in opposed to be investigated with divers.  The only way to effectively search the pond would be if it were dry. 2) show that there were objects in the pond aside from tires.  I'm not commenting on what these objects could be because I'm not speculating.  I will say that I at least saw tires (I saw a pic of one somewhere) in the scanning sonar.
- The reason the pond search was so delayed was on account of the labor strike.  The pond needed to be completely drained which needed the help of the Polis and fire department.  Needless to say labor was needed and hard to come by.  When the strike ended the pond search happened almost immediately.
- No one said the 40-52 (whatever) investigators from Holland ever stepped foot in or near the pond.  The timing is coincident.  Did anyone see these investigators anywhere near the pond?  I don't think so.   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »

Anybody know when the strick began?

Caps reported the activity at the pond on May 6, 2008 ... the search of the pond by the Persistence was February 28, 2008.

Thanks

Janet

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »

Anybody know when the strick began?

Caps reported the activity at the pond on May 6, 2008 ... the search of the pond by the Persistence was February 28, 2008.

Thanks

Janet

Red wrote about it on the FP....looks like it was mid-March or earlier...

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/03/21/flying-the-safe-friendly-skies-of-aruba-aruban-unions-no-longer-going-to-guarantee-the-minimum-staffing-like-police-air-traffic-control/

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

Aruban Tourism … Right From AHATA Rob Smith’s Mouth … “Helpfulness doesn’t mean that you must take up a submissive position
reality on May 16th, 2008 6:27 am
exactly, you stupid monkeys dont understand a thing.
no comprenden nada, porque son monkeys…
NH HAS BEEN SEEN IN VENEZUELA,
CHECK WITH CHAVEZ…..

I would dare say when it comes to Aruba … I might just know a bit. I have personally seen it change over the years and not for the better. Give me 1975 - 1980 Aruba … things would have been handled much differently then.

FYI  - I don't think it's the same Reality you are thinking of 

Ugghhh.....you mean there's another one.  One is enough!!

Holy crap.....don't even get me started on that one  Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.