March 28, 2024, 01:24:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #752 5/15 - 5/20/08  (Read 283885 times)
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: May 19, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »

That guy looks a lot like Jan Van Der Straten...Wouldnt suprise me if that is his brother..

I think it looks like him because it his him.  Laughing

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: May 19, 2008, 10:08:49 AM »

That guy looks a lot like Jan Van Der Straten...Wouldnt suprise me if that is his brother..

I agree VMS, that's the piece 'o shit!

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #842 on: May 19, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »

Lala’s…do you remember the posts back in thread 1 of Shango, I think, about van der Straten’s wife being an artist? A post from Glenda or Scubajap was cited. It was when we were discussing van der Straten’s artwork at the Lion’s Art Show one time, IIRC.

Did a quick search, but it didn’t turn up anything!!  TIA

I think it is van Straten ******* !!

http://www.eefje-art.com/

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: May 19, 2008, 10:16:43 AM »

That sounds like the right profile for some serial rapists and murderers of women I have read about.  Also it would seem that someone, somewhere down there would have spilled the beans unless they were murdered to keep them quiet.  They may have been.  That many people could not keep quiet unless they were involved or terrorified beyond anything we can imagine.  Also with Charles Croes and the like sitting on their telecommunications, it is no wonder information is (perhaps) no coming into this country. If it is, someone here is sitting on it for some reason and I just hope the reason is honorable, if not then connections to that area need to be swiftly looked into.  That is downright unbelievable how quiet it seems to be from a population bordering on 100 thousand people.  Something is drastically wrong.  Jackb

Yep Jack, a whole bunch of them knew damn well what happened to Natalee. Their problem was they never wanted it solved. It was all a public relations campaign to them. They kept up a deception that they were trying to solve the case in hopes the family and all of us would respect them and all the time they weren't doing jack shit but scheming on how to get Joran and Paulus off the hook.

Their biggest problem, what they were banking on from the get-go, was that the case never went away like the murders they had covered up in the past. Second problem is that they do a very shitty job of covering up. It was very transparent from the first week what they were doing but they were so arrogant and stupid they didn't think we saw it. It ain't over yet, the best of exposing the cover-up is yet to come. Beth will have their heads on a platter.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: May 19, 2008, 10:20:21 AM »

Thanks vms...I will have to go and find the posts, unless Lala's shows up soon and can recall the converstion.
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:41 AM »

Thanks vms...I will have to go and find the posts, unless Lala's shows up soon and can recall the converstion.

This one, Mum?

You Is there any chance van der Stratten is Shango?
Posted by: ustt | Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 12:08 AM

You can't be serious.
My God, the man is a 75 year old grandfather, and believe me, poetry is not his thing. His wife is a wonderful
artist, though, and his daughter-in-law writes children's books.
Posted by: Scubajap | Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 12:13 AM

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »

Eefje van der Straten-van Twillert will open her art exposition at Kas di Arte this Sunday 4 March at 6 pm. She is a well known Aruban artist who studied in The Netherlands and has also designed stamps and illustrated books. Over the past year the sea was a source of inspiration to the artist. Her art tells a tale about the sea, a tale which is in fact not yet finished because new things are always being discovered. This show features 30 works focusing on the sea around Bonaire. The exposition will be open daily from 4 March from 5-7.30 pm. Entry is free.

bonairereporter.com/news/007PDFs/03-02-07.pdf

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33:47 AM »

This one, Mum?

You Is there any chance van der Stratten is Shango?
Posted by: ustt | Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 12:08 AM

You can't be serious.
My God, the man is a 75 year old grandfather, and believe me, poetry is not his thing. His wife is a wonderful
artist, though, and his daughter-in-law writes children's books.
Posted by: Scubajap | Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 12:13 AM

YES!!! Thanks vms...the 75 year old grandfather bit got me and I believe what Lala's commented on was that it was strange that Scuba didn't mention van der Straten being an artist as well....please don't quote me on that...I think Lala's has new pencils!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: May 19, 2008, 10:40:39 AM »

So...the 'eerie' piece of art with the eyes and the hands and the water -- was that Jan Van der Straaten (as I think everyone assumed) or was it his wife's art???

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: May 19, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »

Bonaire Lions Club Sponsors Innovative Fundraiser for Bonaire Charities

The Bonaire Lions Club has come up with a creative idea to raise funds for the renovation of the Skol di Arte building, as well as for the Sosiedat Diabetiko Boneriano, and Drecha Kas, along with other pending Lions Club projects.  Workshops will be held where prominent Bonaire citizens will make, with the assistance of local artists, their own signed works of art.  These unique masterpieces will be then auctioned at a BBQ.

The workshops will be held at the Kas di Arte (Playa Pabou, on the seaside promenade) on January 17 and 18 starting at 5:30 PM.  The exposition of these unique works of art will be from January 21 through 28, from 5:00 to 8:30 PM.  The culminating auction will be held in conjunction with a BBQ on January 28, starting at 8:00 PM.  Aimed Ayubi and Felix ("Papi") Cicilia will be the auctioneers.

The lucky participants (in alphabetical order) are:  Boi Antoin, Jackie Bernabela, Elsmarie Beukenboom, Ramoncito Booi, Geraldine Dammers, George DeSalvo, Captain Don, Hector Daal, Herbert Domacasse, Richard Hart, Maarten Maartense, Evert Piar, Raymundo Saleh, George Soliana, Jan van der Straten, and Ernst Wesselius.

They will be assisted in their endeavors by the following local artists (in alphabetical order):  Frans Booi, Renate van der Bijl, Nochi Coffie, Winfred Dania, Josephine Ebing, Ady Figaroa, Janice Huckaby, Erwin La Cruz, Nina Ledezma, Sedney Maarten, Germaine Nijdam, Henk Roozendaal, Rien van Silfhout, Marianne Sluizeman, Sipke Stapert/Dianir Rivas, and Eefje van Twillert.

Tickets for the BBQ and auction are now available for FL 50.00 per person ($28.08 per person USD) by calling or faxing 717-3015, or emailing to dickdisselbonaire@flamingotv.net. (Source:  Bonaire Lions Club)

Link

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: May 19, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »

So...the 'eerie' piece of art with the eyes and the hands and the water -- was that Jan Van der Straaten (as I think everyone assumed) or was it his wife's art???

Interesting question? What do you think????
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #851 on: May 19, 2008, 10:50:05 AM »

Thanks VMS...I know this has been beaten into the grouend...but...it keeps coming back to me...like a fart in the wind...Shango's *the Lions' Den*...is not the building...it's the *members* of the Lion's Club...all our favs are on the roster...

Duckin' and runnin'...Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: May 19, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »

I think it's his wife's...also think that Anita is plagiarizing her Buddie's work....

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #853 on: May 19, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »

I think it's his wife's...also think that Anita is plagiarizing her Buddie's work....

Not an art expert so I really can't tell, but sure wish I could read the comments in her guest book!!!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: May 19, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »

Eefje van der Straten-van Twillert will open her art exposition at Kas di Arte this Sunday 4 March at 6 pm. She is a well known Aruban artist who studied in The Netherlands and has also designed stamps and illustrated books. Over the past year the sea was a source of inspiration to the artist. Her art tells a tale about the sea, a tale which is in fact not yet finished because new things are always being discovered. This show features 30 works focusing on the sea around Bonaire. The exposition will be open daily from 4 March from 5-7.30 pm. Entry is free.

bonairereporter.com/news/007PDFs/03-02-07.pdf

Verry verry...interwesting....

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: May 19, 2008, 11:06:41 AM »

Not an art expert so I really can't tell, but sure wish I could read the comments in her guest book!!!

Tha *hands with eyes*...gives it away...

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #856 on: May 19, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

Thanks...now I am wondering if she is also the author of the children's books. The poetry 'looks' simple to me!!!

More BS from Scuba!!!
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: May 19, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »

Thanks...now I am wondering if she is also the author of the children's books. The poetry 'looks' simple to me!!!

More BS from Scuba!!!

CHILDREN’S BOOKS; PAPIAMENTO; ARUBA

<snipped>

Luz, un coneu Arubiano Luz, een Arubaans konijn -- / un storia di Lidy van der Straten - Rouwkema ; cu ilustracion di Eefje van der Straten - van Twillert ; traduccion na Papiamento: Peter Davidse ; adaptacion i redaccion : Joyce Pereira ; redaccion: Gina Ramirez-Ramsbottom. - van der Straten -Rouwkema, Lidy. - 19 p. : ill., tek. ; 24x29 cm. - 99904-86-29-8. - Bogotá, Colombia : Ochoa Impresores, 2005

http://www.una.net/en/diensten/bibliotheek/awl/nov-dec.asp

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: May 19, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

I copied her guestbook...will run some through the translater when I get a chance this afternoon. One from Birmingham AL and one from Douwe...also a couple of mentions of Douwe.

BBL

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: May 19, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »

Lala’s…do you remember the posts back in thread 1 of Shango, I think, about van der Straten’s wife being an artist? A post from Glenda or Scubajap was cited. It was when we were discussing van der Straten’s artwork at the Lion’s Art Show one time, IIRC.

Did a quick search, but it didn’t turn up anything!!  TIA

Bonaire Lions Club Sponsors Innovative Fundraiser for Bonaire Charities
The Bonaire Lions Club has come up with a creative idea to raise funds for the renovation of the Skol di Arte building, as well as for the Sosiedat Diabetiko Boneriano, and Drecha Kas, along with other pending Lions Club projects.  Workshops will be held where prominent Bonaire citizens will make, with the assistance of local artists, their own signed works of art.  These unique masterpieces will be then auctioned at a BBQ.

The workshops will be held at the Kas di Arte (Playa Pabou, on the seaside promenade) on January 17 and 18 starting at 5:30 PM.  The exposition of these unique works of art will be from January 21 through 28, from 5:00 to 8:30 PM.  The culminating auction will be held in conjunction with a BBQ on January 28, starting at 8:00 PM.  Aimed Ayubi and Felix ("Papi") Cicilia will be the auctioneers.

The lucky participants (in alphabetical order) are:  Boi Antoin, Jackie Bernabela, Elsmarie Beukenboom, Ramoncito Booi, Geraldine Dammers, George DeSalvo, Captain Don, Hector Daal, Herbert Domacasse, Richard Hart, Maarten Maartense, Evert Piar, Raymundo Saleh, George Soliana, Jan van der Straten, and Ernst Wesselius.

They will be assisted in their endeavors by the following local artists (in alphabetical order):  Frans Booi, Renate van der Bijl, Nochi Coffie, Winfred Dania, Josephine Ebing, Ady Figaroa, Janice Huckaby, Erwin La Cruz, Nina Ledezma, Sedney Maarten, Germaine Nijdam, Henk Roozendaal, Rien van Silfhout, Marianne Sluizeman, Sipke Stapert/Dianir Rivas, and Eefje van Twillert.

http://tinyurl.com/3mqfhl

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.