March 28, 2024, 06:53:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DATA POSTS - TAMIKOSMOM  (Read 132183 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »

The Delayed Birmingham Extradition

Prior to the sentencing ... Attorney John Q. Kelly and the Birmingham prosecutor were anticipating that it would not be long until the extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the States to face charges for the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway would happen.  It could be assumed that Beth Holloway was one in that anticipation.

Could it be assumed that the anticipation was heightened in April following the Peruvian judge's approval of the Birmingham extradition after the outcome of Joran's sentencing appeal.

However ... Joran van der Sloot challenged the Birmingham extradition ruling and ... he emerged victor.  It was ruled that the Birmingham extradition would not happen until the completion of his 9-28 year Peruvian sentence.

Imagine the anticipation crash that was experienced by Attorney Kelly, the Birmingham prosecutor and Beth Holloway.

The Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet have yet to approve the delayed ruling.  There is still a glimmer of hope that The Monkey Justice Train be rolling into the Birmingham Station sooner than later.

Birmingham Extradition Anticipated

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot was sentenced today to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for strangling a woman there, and American officials are now expected to bring him to Alabama to face charges in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Peruvian Judge Approves Birmingham Extradition

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.
Apr 24, 2012

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

According to court documents obtained by Joran's attorney Maximo Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention, marking the first step in the extraction process and meaning he could land on American soil within three months, reported CNN.com.

Once his appeal for that sentence is completed in the next month, "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there,” explained Altez, where U.S. authorities want to try the Dutchman on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway case.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru

Joran Fights Birmingham Extradition

Joran Van der Sloot to Fight US Extradition from Peru
May 09, 2012

Judge Zenaida Vilca informed Van der Sloot of the U.S. extradition request during a closed door meeting at Piedras Gordas prison just north of Lima. The 24-year-old Dutchman told the judge he would fight extradition, his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-to-fight-us-extradition/

Joran van der Sloot challenges extradition to U.S. From Mayra Cuevas
May 9, 2012

Joran van der Sloot told a judge and prosecutor Tuesday that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence in Peru rather than be extradited to the United States to face charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, his Peruvian lawyer said.

Representatives from the U.S. Embassy and the FBI attended the extradition hearing, which was not open to the public, Maximo Altez told InSession on Tru TV. Peru

Peruvian Judge Delays Birmingham Extradition

Peru court: Can extradite Dutchman after prison
Jun. 4 12:25 PM

U.S. prosecutors who want to try Joran van der Sloot for extortion related to the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway will have to wait until he finishes serving a murder sentence in Peru, this nation's Supreme Court has ruled.

Van der Sloot's lawyer, who was notified of the decision Friday, said Monday that he expects his client will be made to serve at least two-thirds of the 28-year sentence.

The court's May 23 decision on extradition is not final, however. Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must endorse it, said the lawyer, Maximo Altez.

The Dutchman, who was raised in Aruba, remains the prime suspect in the Holloway disappearance on the Caribbean island, and the U.S. charges stem from his alleged acceptance of $25,000 in early 2010 in exchange for an unfulfilled promise to lead her mother's lawyer, John Q. Kelly, to the body.

Federal prosecutors in Birmingham, Alabama, where Van der Sloot is charged, declined to comment on the court's decision. Kelly said he had no immediate comment.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/peru-court-can-extradite-dutchman-after-prison

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »

www.cafepress.com/justicetrain

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »

Considering Joran van der Sloot's challenge to the Birmingham extradition ... could it be assumed that he is one of those "prisoner with money" or there are forces high up who have his back.

Residence of Choice

Joran van der Sloot challenges extradition to U.S.
 May 9, 2012

Joran van der Sloot told a judge and prosecutor Tuesday that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence in Peru rather than be extradited to the United States to face charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, his Peruvian lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

2010 Human Rights Report: Peru
Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
2010 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
April 8, 2011

<snipped>

Prison and Detention Center Conditions

Prison conditions were harsh for most of the country's 45,599 inmates, of whom 2,784 were women, 985 were juveniles ages 18-19 years. The National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) operates 57 of the country's active prisons, while the Peruvian National Police (PNP) has jurisdiction over 14. Prisoners with money had access to cell phones, illegal drugs, and meals prepared outside the prison; prisoners who lacked funds experienced much more difficult conditions. Overcrowding, poor sanitation, and inadequate nutrition and health care were serious problems. Inmates had intermittent access to running water, bathing facilities were inadequate, kitchen facilities were unhygienic, and prisoners slept in hallways and common areas for lack of cell space. There was basic medical care at most prisons, but there were complaints that inmates had to pay for medical attention. There was also a lack of doctors; only 54 doctors worked at the country's 71 prisons, with 34 based in the capital city area. Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS reportedly remained at near-epidemic levels. The San Juan de Lurigancho men's prison held 8,730 prisoners in a facility designed for 3,204.

Prison guards and fellow inmates reportedly abused prisoners. Guards received little or no training or supervision. There were killings in prisons, most attributed to fellow inmates.

<snipped>

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2010/wha/154516.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »

The Stephany Flores Case

Prior to year's end ... the IACHR lawsuit and Joran's sentence appeal rulings should be forthcoming.  Will a measure of justice prevail for Stephany Flores?

Possibly new murder trial for Joran
18 September 2012

ORANJESTAD/LIMA — The Inter-American Court for human rights will study the investigation and the trail of Joran van der Sloot. Lawyer Máximo Altez stated before the Peruvian newspaper El Commercio that the Court has accepted his document with the request for revision. The request was submitted months ago.

According to Joran’s lawyer, his client’s right to a fair trial was violated because he wasn’t given an interpreter and because of his illegal extradition from Chili to Peru. “The Court has accepted the document. I’m certain we will win”, the lawyer said yesterday.

<snipped>

Joran’s lawyer had already submitted a ‘special request for revision’ earlier on when he requested an entirely new trial for the murder and robbery of Stephany Flores. According to Joran, his lawyer at the time, José Jiménez, had misled him. This lawyer namely advised Joran to agree with the charge from Justice and to declare himself guilty. In exchange he would receive a maximum sentence of 15 years instead of the demanded 30 years. Joran had subsequently declared he was guilty but the court sentenced him to 28 years imprisonment. Jiménez always denied the accusations and thinks his former client knew exactly where he stood when he declared himself guilty.

Expectations are that it will be the end of the year before this appeal comes up in court. The lawyer of the Flores family, Stephany’s next of kin, stated the appeal doesn’t stand a chance and consider the case closed.

http://www.amigoe.com/english/128583-possibly-new-murder-trial-for-joran

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.