March 29, 2024, 01:39:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julia Renfro  (Read 42779 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 29, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:37:46 AM »

Here is Julia’s original letter to Rick from Texas:

Hi Rick,

I just spoke to Fox and all I was reassured that O’Reilly ‘retracted’ (the actual word went over my head) all of the statements made by Geraldo.

I was on with O’Reilly last night when he suggested that our Prime Minister was an idiot, but do you really think that the President of the United States gets involved in Police Cases? NO! Actually it would be illegal for a politician to get involved or be abreast of any details of Police investigation - same as in the US. Duh, I honestly don’t think O’Reilly is an idiot - he is obviously acting like one to get ratings.

Once again, I don’t know what happened to Natalee, and I’m not sure that anyone does! If van der Sloot or the others had any involvement in her death or disappearance they will be punished and justice will be served.

There is in no way what so ever that Arubans think that there is a cover up or that v/d Sloot’s father has any pull. It is to the contrary!

He is a civil servant and lives in a middle class neighborhood and drives a Honda? There is a great amount of wealth on this island and the v/d Sloots are not part of it. Taxi drivers probably make more than the judge!

As for Dutch influence. No way! An Aruban would never stick the neck of an entire nation for anyone - much less a Dutch national. The suggestion is ridiculous. Arubans are extremely honest by nature - all of this hype is made up by the international press trying to get ratings. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am sure there is no DVD otherwise v/d Sloot would have been hung out to dry with the local press as well.

Julia Renfro

Editor-in-Chief

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:38:37 AM »

Another article about Julia Renfro:

http://bwcitypaper.com/

Naked Birmingham - Publisher's Notebook

By Chuck Geiss

January 12, 2006

Natalee Holloway’s mysterious disappearance in Aruba during a high school graduation trip drew unprecedented attention from the national media. While fresh news is now rare, a newly published article by Bryan Burroughs in Vanity Fair provides the most recent account of what happened on the island during the weeks following Holloway’s disappearance. The article provides few new facts, but more sensationally it points a finger at the Twitty family for being heavy-handed with the police. Burroughs proposes that their approach hindered the investigation, but the Vanity Fair article gives an incomplete account of what the Twittys and the Holloways endured in the search for their daughter. Moreover, two of Burroughs’ primary sources should be challenged.

Gerald Dompig, the island’s deputy chief of police, characterizes the Twittys and their American friends as unnecessarily aggressive and unruly during the early weeks of the search.

However, I visited the Twittys on the island two weeks after Natalee’s disappearance, and the family’s temperament was much calmer than I had expected. A tense situation was made worse by a series of tips and leads that sent the family and friends in dozens of different directions while police remained remarkably unfazed. The family complied with island officials for weeks and turned to the international media only after concluding that continued silence about their frustrations was a losing proposition. Unfortunately, Vanity Fair did not report the full extent of the family’s travails.

Burroughs’ other doubtful source is Julia Renfro, an American-born newspaper reporter who works at one of the island’s dailies. She befriended the Twittys at first, but has since turned on them, which is a substantial aspect of Burroughs’s Vanity Fair story. Renfro was seemingly a big help to the family in the initial weeks of the search, but her motives for doing so are dubious. It is my contention she was either a newspaper reporter aggressively interested in getting a story or just someone starved for attention.

The reason Renfro suddenly found the Twittys disinterested in her help was the fact that she also orchestrated, or at least contributed to, one of the cruelest hoaxes of the investigation. Twelve days after Natalee’s disappearance, Renfro suddenly appeared in downtown Oranjestad where Jug Twitty had made an unplanned stop to buy some clothes (the circumstances surrounding how she found him remain mysterious). Renfro was hysterical over news that Natalee had been found dead and her body had been moved to the island’s courthouse. When asked where she had learned these details, she claimed it had come from one of her regular sources, a deputy information officer in the justice department.

What followed was a frantic, ten-block car race to the courthouse made more uncomfortable by the fact that Renfro had pushed herself into the family’s already full minivan (she took a spot on the console), conspicuously inserting herself, perhaps now as a newspaper reporter, into the unfolding story. Upon arriving at the courthouse, a throng of television cameras met the family. What happened next was a long, uncomfortable walk to the courthouse where Jug and his friends found a locked door and an apparently empty building. It was later learned that no justice department official had ever leaked the information. The incident was yet another nightmarish spectacle that the family endured during weeks of searching for their daughter. Renfro’s contribution to the occasion was the beginning of the end of her association with the family (another fact not found in the Vanity Fair story). It should be considered that while the search for Natalee Holloway continues, it took weeks for the family to figure out which personalities on the island were credible or not, which has led to some hurt feelings along the way.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »

Julia Renfro
LA Times - Carol J. Williams
June 4, 2007

A mother of four, Renfro spent weeks shuttling the family from the scene of one rumored development to another but eventually became disenchanted with what she saw as Twitty's pandering to tabloid TV and "flat-out lies" she told on the air.

"I feel guilty saying any negative thing about a mother who has lost her daughter," Renfro said. "But her behavior was odd from the get-go."

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 09:50:15 AM »

Julia Renfro
Seattle Times
June 9, 2007

American Julia Renfro, editor-in-chief of Aruba Today, initially sided with Holloway's parents when they sought publicity and lambasted Aruban police for following Dutch investigative procedures different from those in the United States.

Galvanized by compassion for a desperate mother, Renfro stopped the presses of her daily newspaper for the first time in its history to include a picture of Holloway to aid Arubans in the islandwide search.

Renfro, a mother of four, spent weeks shuttling the family from the scene of one rumored development to another, but she became disenchanted with what she saw as Twitty's pandering to tabloid TV and "flat-out lies" she told on the air.

"I feel guilty saying any negative thing about a mother who has lost her daughter," Renfro said. "But her behavior was odd from the get-go."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003741183_aruba09.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 09:51:25 AM »

In those tumultuous first days, Beth's most valuable allies were Julia Renfro, the 37-year-old American-born editor of an English-language daily, Aruba Today, and one of her reporters, Angela Munzenhofer, a tough-talking American whose family runs one of the island's popular restaurants. When Beth walked into the paper's office the day after she arrived, Renfro, a statuesque blonde, stopped the presses to run a front-page photograph of Natalee. Renfro and Munzenhofer both have children, and they identified with Beth's desperation; the three women became inseparable. The first flyers posted around the island carried two numbers people could call with tips: Renfro's and Munzenhofer's cell phones. "At the beginning, I was the one Beth trusted," says Munzenhofer. "She called me her angel. We were with them day and night. We weren't reporters. We were family. Beth told us that."
http://scrux.com/clonedpages/vanityfairoriginal.htm

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »

Wednesday morning,(June 1, 2004) as Beth gave her statement to police,
(snip)

At dusk the searchers returned to their hotel rooms, having found no sign of Natalee. Then, early the next evening,(June 2, 2005) Munzenhofer took an urgent call from a source, who said Natalee was staying in a downtown house with certain unnamed "friends" who wanted to "protect" her. But, the source went on, her friends had agreed to turn her over to the family for $4,000—a quasi-ransom. Renfro relayed the message to Beth, and within an hour everyone had met at the Buccaneer, the restaurant Munzenhofer's family owns. Jug had a thousand dollars, and the Munzenhofers volunteered to donate the other $3,000 from the cash register.By now more of "the Fabulous Seven" had arrived. Eight men were in the group, and Munzenhofer's husband took them to scout the downtown house where Natalee was supposed to be. It turned out to be what Arubans call a choller house—a crack house. When the men returned, everyone headed downtown to stake it out. "We were scared—scared to death," Renfro recalls. "We didn't know these people, how dangerous they were, whether they had guns and knives. So we called the cops. It took them 45 minutes to come a quarter-mile. They went in and looked around." Natalee wasn't there. The group spent the rest of the evening searching the neighborhood, and by midnight Renfro realized she had missed all her deadlines."

http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary/content/articles/060102roco01?page=7

As the Twittys' desperation grew, On the Record, Greta Van Susteren's show, became the preferred outlet for their frustrations. Beth's nightly appearances, however, created tension among her new friends. "Everything changed when Greta came," says Angela Munzenhofer. "All you heard [Beth say] was Greta, Greta, Greta."

Both Charles Croes and Angela Munzenhofer say they broke with the Twittys after angry confrontations with Jug. They, and many other Arubans, have since turned on the family, and viciously. The Aruba Today staff, once the Twittys' most fervent supporters, has morphed into the unofficial clearinghouse for everything anti-Twitty.

"We met Beth that first day, and Beth was like glue to us for about a month," Munzenhofer says. "But then we just had to let her go, because I did not agree with what she was saying. She was lying. She got caught in too many lies. I understand it. She's a grieving mother. I'm not against Beth. But, come on, her girl's not a virgin. The girl's an alcoholic. She was drinking.… I have personally talked to people who say Natalee bought drugs. I've seen the photo of that girl chugging from a bottle of 151 [rum].… Beth, I told her, you have to look at different answers. Drug dealers. Taxi drivers. Ex-boyfriends. But she looked at one place only: Joran."

http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary/content/articles/060102roco01?page=9

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:57:36 AM »

Angela Dilorenzo:

The next night was the evening I received the phone call for the $4,000 and this $4,000 was for someone who knew where Natalee was and Natalee did not want to be found; she did not want to go home and they said 'look, she does not want to go home, all I want is $4,000 and I'll tell you the location of Natalee. You can tell Beth I have her daughter, she just doesn't want to go home.

I went to Beth, Beth just said no, no, no. I have to talk to Jeff, Jeff came to the newspaper and he says 'I can come up with $1,000' And I said 'how can you come up with $1,000 when tomorrow Julia and I know there's a $10,000 reward out there? Why can't you come up with $4,000? What is so hard among you 7 to come with $4,000? It's $4,000 compared to $10,000 Wouldn't you want your daughter found tonight before this $10,000 reward happens tomorrow? I mean, I would give my life.

Julia Renfro:

The plan was to go into the house, pay the money, to get Natalee and of course, we knew that the Medjet plane was already waiting and we had a route to get to the airport so she could leave right away, immediately

There was a group of approximately 12 people from Alabama that were with us trying to locate Natalee and one of them decided that they would pre-jump the wall and the whole street went crazy. People were coming out of their houses, horns were blowing, there was a lot of noise

The whole plan just didn't work. The Medjet plan left the next day and at that point, then a reward was announced and all the television crews and all the interviews and all the manipulations were on television

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

International Friends of Aruba
Board Members 2005
President: Mashelle Zeolla
Vice-President: Johanne Jajk

Treasurer: Marina Pesquera

Secretary: Claudia Jackson

Membership: Marlene Purcell
Public Relations: Rona Coster

ARUBA TODAY
Julia Renfro….Editor
ISLAND TEMPTATIONS Magazine
Julia Renfro….Photography
Heleen Bongers…..Editor

WATERSPORT Co. Owners
Julia Renfro
Heleen & Erik Bongers

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 10:09:43 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 10:10:10 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:10:57 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 11:13:06 AM »

Posted on the Boycott Aruba website:

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com:80/2007/11/mailbag-time.html

Dear Michelle:

I am a blogger who is fed up with the lies, lies, and more lies coming out of the mouth of Julia Renfro from Aruba about Natalee Holloway and her friends and family. And it’s pathetically obvious that Julia was Renee’s source. Think about it. Haven’t we heard of another infamous “taxi driver”? Wasn’t this where Julia tried to sprout the Blue eyed Dutch boy theory?

For anyone who thought the Amigoe was a reputable newspaper, think again.

Would a reputable newspaper print such outrageous lies about a crime victim and her family without checking sources first? Probably not. Here is the connection between Julia Renfro and the Amigoe Newspaper.

Heleen Bongers came to live on Aruba in 1977. After having taught English at La Salle College for a few years, she started working at Amigoe, Algemeen Dagblad and The News. Nowadays, she is a freelancer, writing articles for magazines and for charity projects. She travels a lot to buy the latest jewelry for her five stores (Beauty and the Beast). Heleen Bongers is secretary of the Clown Doctors of Aruba and the Sports for Life Foundation. She is married to Evert Bongers, a retired French teacher at Colegio Arubano.

http://biblioteca.arubahost.com/index.php3?h=434

ARUBA TODAY Julia Renfro....Editor

ISLAND TEMPTATIONS Magazine
Julia Renfro....Photography
Heleen Bongers.....Editor

WATERSPORT Co. Owners
Julia Renfro
Heleen & Erik Bongers

Based on the collaboration between Renfro and Renée Gielen in the recent Amigoe articles, it looks like Julia might be trying out her hand at tabloid reporting, in preparation for her reputed new job with The Globe magazine.

Trash meets trash. How fitting.

Hopefully The Globe will let her “write” from Aruba – where she belongs.

--Name Withheld

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

Julia Renfro quotes

What she's saying is there has to be a reason because she knows her son was not there,”
 Julia Renfro quote

“You just have to come up with something, because there really, really is no differentiation between the blacks and the whites here and the browns. ... Nobody gets preference in that regard.”
 Julia Renfro quote

“because the three boys pointed their fingers at these two security guards, and they couldn't leave that out of the loop. There was no reason to believe the boys were lying.”
 Julia Renfro quote

Add to Chapter...       

“Locally there was never even a mention or a breath of concern that this was a racial issue nor a status issue,”
 Julia Renfro quote

Add to Chapter...       

“We put out the welcome mat and we were trampled upon, ... We all wanted to help, but we never thought this would become a case against Aruba.”
 Julia Renfro quote

“These horrible e-mails, just horrible, ... They were from both blacks and whites from there in the United States, only the United States, criticizing Aruba and how they planned to never set foot on Aruba ever again ... because of the cruelty against these two security guards, how it was so obvious to anyone around the world ... that this was discrimination.”
 Julia Renfro quote

“We put out the welcome mat and we were trampled upon. We all wanted to help, but we never thought this would become a case against Aruba.”
 Julia Renfro quote

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/julia_renfro/

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »

Lord have mercy!
Guess they have no fashion police on aruba?
julia/glenda has man hands and a lizard face.
::::::snicker,snicker:::::::

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

This comes from Angela Delorenzo's blog:

STEPFATHER

Renfro also mentions in front of the camera that the highest American institutions and members of government were involved in the case: “The day after she disappeared the chief protocol got a telephone call from Mrs. Condoleeza Rice, asking him to ask our Prime Minister to put this case at the highest priority.”

But except for the hot breath of the FBI in their neck, the local authorities got frustrated in their work, especially when wanting to know more about stepfather Jug, the extremely wealthy president of Phoenix Metals which also does business with Latin-America. In an investigative case in which money possibly plays an important role, it’s important to also look at the financial picture, explains Dompig with his voice on tape. However it soon becomes apparent that he can forget that thought. “You do your own dirty work”, is what Dompig is told upon telling the FBI-attaché his intention of investigating the stepfather. Dompig: “If that’s dirty work, then it raises a few questions.” But that’s not all. According to the police officer, there is talk of a direct ‘threat’ by the consul-general of the US in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba . Bob Sorenson is stationed in Willemstad , Curaçao and has naturally taken an interest in the case.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-u8kQff45YrR3e2EFtBzh_wEK

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »

This comes from Angela Delorenzo's blog:

STEPFATHER

Renfro also mentions in front of the camera that the highest American institutions and members of government were involved in the case: “The day after she disappeared the chief protocol got a telephone call from Mrs. Condoleeza Rice, asking him to ask our Prime Minister to put this case at the highest priority.”

But except for the hot breath of the FBI in their neck, the local authorities got frustrated in their work, especially when wanting to know more about stepfather Jug, the extremely wealthy president of Phoenix Metals which also does business with Latin-America. In an investigative case in which money possibly plays an important role, it’s important to also look at the financial picture, explains Dompig with his voice on tape. However it soon becomes apparent that he can forget that thought. “You do your own dirty work”, is what Dompig is told upon telling the FBI-attaché his intention of investigating the stepfather. Dompig: “If that’s dirty work, then it raises a few questions.” But that’s not all. According to the police officer, there is talk of a direct ‘threat’ by the consul-general of the US in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba . Bob Sorenson is stationed in Willemstad , Curaçao and has naturally taken an interest in the case.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-u8kQff45YrR3e2EFtBzh_wEK

Sorry,this was not angela's blog....it belongs to a hyro oduber or something like that.You can remove it if you want.

Karma Is Coming

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.