April 19, 2024, 12:52:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennifer Ramsey Rivkin, 42, NC 5/4/08 'missing out of thin air'  (Read 10935 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 29, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »

Gastonia Police seek help in finding woman who went 'missing out of thin air'

May 28, 2008
Friends and family of a 42-year-old Kings Mountain woman have not heard from her since early May and Gastonia

Police say they have no leads on her whereabouts.

A friend received a cell phone message from Jennifer Ramsey Rivkin on May 4, but no one has been able to reach her on her cell phone since.

She was reported missing after the BMW she was driving was found May 6 at the Winner's Circle Bar & Grill at 2533 W. Franklin Blvd., Gastonia. Rivkin's purse was still in the car.

"It's like she went missing out of thin air," said Gastonia Police Detective Michelle Smith.

Rivkin of 110 Matthew Drive had been to the Winner's Circle Bar & Grill in the past, but was not a frequent customer, Smith said.

"People know her but haven't actually said she was there that night," Smith said.

Police are not ready to say whether they suspect foul play was involved in Rivkin's disappearance.

Right now, police just want to hear from her.

"Her parents are worried. She didn't call her mother on Mother's Day and that's unlike her," Smith said. "If she's out there and doesn't want to be found, that's fine.

"But I need to know she's OK," Smith said.

Rivkin did not have a job, but family and friends say she also was not known to disappear for any length of time, Smith said.

Gastonia Police say they do not have any previous "missing person" reports on her.

Police describe Rivkin as being 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about Rivkin's whereabouts should call Detective Smith at 704-866-6976.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mountain_21011___article.html/kings_missing.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »

Police turn to public to find woman

05/28/2008
GASTON COUNTY -- The parents of a missing Gaston County woman are pleading for help, as police say 42-year-old Jennifer Rivkin was reported missing earlier this month.

Investigators found her purse inside the car she was borrowing, which was abandoned at a local bar. Her family fears the worst.

"We really don't talk about it much because of the pain it causes both of us,” said Clay Ramsey, her father. “Right now we are more or less leaving it up to police.”

So far, police don’t have much to go on.

“You certainly need to follow all the leads you have, and then when they are exhausted it’s a good time to start reaching out to the general public,” said Officer Donna Lahser of the Gastonia Police Department.

There is one bit of information, according to Rick White, co-owner of the bar Rivkin’s borrowed car was found at. The sun roof was left open, and Rivkin’s purse sat in the front.

“Women generally don’t leave their purses, drivers license and make up in a car and abandon it like that,” commented White, who found the car and called the police before checking the log of all those members who came in to his establishment that night. Rivkin never signed in.

Anyone with information can call the Gastonia Police Department at 704-866-6976.

http://news14.com/content/headlines/596114/police-turn-to-public-to-find-woman/Default.aspx

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »

Gastonia Police seek help finding missing Kings Mountain woman

Tuesday, Jul 8 2008, 12:26 pm

Gastonia Police are asking for the public's help in providing any information on the disappearance of a 43-year-old Kings Mountain woman.

Police say Jennifer Rivkin's car was found abandoned at The Winner's Circle bar and Grill at 253 W. Franklin Blvd. on May 6.

Her last known address is 110 Matthew Drive, Kings Mountain.

The Gastonia Police Department requests anyone with information please call Detective Michelle Smith at 704 866-6976, Detective Kevin McSwain at 704-842-5170 or the Gastonia Police Department at 704-866-6702.

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/police_32229___article_pluck.html/gastonia_kings.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:37:27 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »

‘In my heart ... she’s alive somewhere’
By Corey Friedman
June 21, 2008 - 9:04PM

A year after Lillian Nance disappeared, her mother heard that the Gastonia woman had been spotted in Atlanta.
Everlene Nance scoured the city seven times that summer. She found people who had seen Lillian - even some who knew her nickname, Libby.

"I was showing the fliers around and people were saying they saw her," Nance remembered. "They said she was quiet, said she goes by the name Libby."

That was as close as Everlene Nance would get to finding her daughter. Friday marked the seventh anniversary of Lillian's disappearance.

"I just have it in my heart and in my mind that she's alive somewhere, because there's no evidence that she's dead," Everlene Nance said.

Lillian Lawren Nance was last seen walking away from her mother's former home near the 1200 block of Sunshine Street in Gastonia. She was 32 years old when she vanished on June 20, 2001.

She is 5 feet, 3 inches tall and weighed 130 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes and several scars - one that's eight to 10 inches long extending from her left shoulder blade to her left arm, one above her right eyebrow and small scars on her hands and legs.

Lillian, who lived with a friend on Avon Street, had few reasons to flee her hometown, her mother said. Her father had died in October 2000, Everlene said.

She pleaded with her daughter to contact the family.

"Libby, come home. Call. Let somebody know where you're at," Nance said. "We're really worried about you, Libby. Come home. Call, baby, please."

Gastonia Police Detective Shane Lewis has been assigned to the case, which has also been referred to the National Center for Missing Adults.

Everlene Nance hopes the seventh anniversary of her daughter's disappearance will help revitalize the search effort. She asks anyone with information on Lillian to call the Gastonia Police.

"Please help me to find my child," she said. "People don't just fall off the face of the earth. It's been a long time, and I need to know. I need to have some kind of closure about my child."

http://www.gastongazette.com/common/printer/view.php?db=gaston&id=21874

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »

Search for 3 missing women getting some help from Texas
Texas EquuSearch will look for Jamie Fraley, Jennifer Rivkin and Mouy Tang

October 19, 2008 - 10:49PM

A high-profile search and recovery team has plans to meet with Gaston County detectives today and should begin searching Tuesday for Jamie Fraley, who disappeared April 8.

Also Texas EquuSearch Inc.-founder Tim Miller recently announced plans to look for two other missing women in our area, as well - Jennifer Rivkin, who disappeared from Gastonia May 6, and Mouy Tang, a 46-year-old woman who vanished from an assisted care facility near Lawndale on Sept. 3.

"I've been on pins and needles all weekend," said Kim Fraley, who asked Texas EquuSearch to help her find her missing daughter.

Joan Petruski, founder of the Charlotte-based Kristen Foundation for Missing Adults, said Bessemer City Central Gym on Washington Avenue will be the command post for Texas EquuSearch's operation in the area.

The organization is asking for adult volunteers with identification, especially those who might be able to assist the search efforts on an ATV. Volunteers are encouraged to dress for searching in wooded areas. Donations of food and water for volunteers are also needed, Petruski said.

Miller started Texas EquuSearch after his 16-year-old daughter Laura Miller was abducted and murdered in 1984. The organization has more than 800 members nationwide and eight years of experience on more than 930 missing-person cases.

Texas EquuSearch most recently conducted searches for 28-year-old Kelly Morris, who disappeared from Stem on Sept. 4. Prior to visiting North Carolina, his team was searching Orlando for two missing people that have received national media attention - 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, who went missing in June, and 27-yearold Jennifer Keese, who vanished in January 2006.

Miller has also been active in the ongoing search for Alabama-teen Natalee Holloway, who vanished from Aruba during a senior class trip in 2005.

"He's a busy man," said Petruski.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/women_26186___article.html/team_missing.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »

Bumping this up, getting ready for Tim 
Best wishes to all the searchers.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »

Where does the time go...... 

05/04/2009 07:16 AM

One year since woman's disappearance

KINGS MOUNTAIN, N.C. – It has been one year since a woman disappeared in Kings Mountain.
Jennifer Rivkin, 42, went missing last May. Investigators and her family worry that drug use could have caused Rivkin’s disappearance.
The woman’s purse and her borrowed car were found abandoned in a parking lot near the Winner’s Circle Bar and Grill on West Franklin Street in Gaston County.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.

Video at Link
http://www.news14.com/content/local_news/charlotte/608685/one-year-since-woman-s-disappearance/Default.aspx

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »

I am going to put this here for now...we should know soon if it's male or female.

Human bones found in closed lithium mine (updated)
Comments 1

Thursday, Sep 23 2010, 5:59 pm
Corey Friedman and David Allen
KINGS MOUNTAIN — Police recovered human bones from a closed lithium mine Thursday after teenagers exploring the site made a grim discovery.

The bones were found deep within a closed quarry on the grounds of the Chemetall Foote Corp.'s production site near Interstate 85, said Kings Mountain Police Capt. Derek Johnson. Police haven’t determined if they're investigating a killing or a natural death.

“I’ve examined all the bones, and there’s nothing obvious to me that would indicate any gunshot wound,” Johnson said.

Cleveland County Coroner Dwight Tessneer confirmed that the bones are human and said they would be taken to the medical examiner’s office in Charlotte for identification.

Teen finds femur

Teenage boys wandered onto Chemetall Foote property to swim in the quarry on Wednesday, Johnson said. They found a bone inside a mine, and one boy snapped a picture with his cell phone camera. He showed it to his mom, who took him to the police department.

Johnson said police identified the bone as a human femur and began searching the mine.

“We’re just very glad that the individuals had the sense enough to see something was suspicious about it and went home and told his parents,” Johnson said.

Neither police nor the coroner knew whether the bones belonged to a man or woman. Johnson estimated that they had been in the mine for at least a year.

“We’re in limbo right now,” said Johnson. “We've got the remains. The next step is to get them to the ME’s office, and they’ll examine the remains.”

Johnson wouldn't say whether police found a full skeleton, but he said detectives “got enough to where we definitely know it’s human remains.”

Police say it’s too early to speculate on the remains’ identity, but Johnson said investigators will compare the bones with physical descriptions of Cleveland and Gaston County residents reported missing.

Cops comb quarry

The bones were found in an old Chemetall Foote lithium quarry that had been shut down in 1994, according to police. Detectives clambered down rocky ridges to search for the human remains.

“Where it was located, there was no accessibility,” Johnson said. “We had to do some mountaineering just to get to the remains. There were straight vertical rock walls.”

Police collected other evidence from the quarry, but Johnson said he couldn’t reveal what that was.

A global supplier of industrial and specialty chemicals, Chemetall is owned by Princeton, N.J.-based Rockwood Holdings. The Chemetall Foote production site in Kings Mountain produces lithium for batteries, industrial air conditioning systems and dehumidification, according to the Chemetall website. It also extracts medical-grade lithium for treatment of bipolar disorder.

Reach Online Editor Corey Friedman at 704-669-3331.

Notable missing person cases from around the area:

Asha Degree
At age 9, Asha disappeared from her family's Fallston home in the middle of the night. That was in 2000, and she hasn't been seen since.

Mouy Tang
Mouy Tang, a 46-year-old native of Cambodia and former Unique Living resident, was last seen Sept. 3, 2008, near Burns High School in Lawndale. Subsequent searches haven't unearthed a single lead.

Jamie Fraley
Fraley, 22, was last seen April 8, 2008, at her apartment, 1850 Bethesda Road in Gastonia. Family described her as bipolar with anxiety issues, and she apparently had not been taking her medication.

Jennifer Rivkin
Rivkin was last seen May 4, 2008, in Bessemer City. The 43-year-old last lived in Kings Mountain. Her BMW was found abandoned in west Gastonia near The Winner's Circle Bar & Grill.

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/bones-50081-human-police.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »

I wonder if the remains found are any of the missing from the list at the bottom of the article Nut's posted, or if it's still another person.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »

Yes......there a lot more missing from the area than those listed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »

Yes......there a lot more missing from the area than those listed.

So many missing persons and so many bodies.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »

Yup, Muffy Sad

Anyway.....these bones have been ID'd

Bones in Lithium mine ID'd  Dustin Ray Miller
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/police-50425-kings-mountain.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.