April 18, 2024, 05:03:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And The Winner* Is  (Read 16840 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: May 30, 2008, 12:02:55 AM »

And The Winner* Is ... *Really we're pretty sure this time.

This is the cover of Time Magazine dated May 19.

48 delegates to go. 

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:05:13 AM »

Oh Lord,

I'll have to resize that pic.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:29:09 AM »

Let me try again.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 01:31:42 AM »

rumours are that next week after the last primaries remaining superdelegates will turn to obama and hillary drops out.

on the issues obama can defeat mccain easily.
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

but the GOP is known for dirty campaigning.
putting unfounded B.S. out, fear mongering - all that kind of things.
that may work for the less educated.

but maybe this time will be different.
i've got a lot of respect for mccain. maybe he won't allow a dirty campaign.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 01:46:38 AM »

A political strategist who was on CNN the other day indicated that it would be to McCain's advantage if Obama won the Democratic Primaries.  A random poll indicated that if Hillary won ... Obama support would go to Hillary.  However ... if Obama won the majority of Hilliary support would go to McCain.  McCain may be Republican but he is very close to the center.

Thoughts?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 02:16:19 AM »

general campaign hasn't really started yet.
so we'll have to see.

but i think after a couple of weeks when the hillary crowd calmed down a bit and accepted their loss.
they will rally behind obama.

and CNN was until a week or so ago pro-hillary. so that's maybe why that strategist said that.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:04:52 PM »

speech Obama is going to make later on about McCain getting it wrong again on Iraq.

Obama’s Remarks at Great Falls, Montana Town Hall

Remarks as prepared for delivery:

“There are honest differences about how to move forward in Iraq, just like there were honest differences about whether or not we should go to war. John McCain was for the invasion of Iraq; I opposed it. John McCain wants to continue George Bush’s war in Iraq indefinitely; I want to end it. So there’s going to be a clear choice for the American people this November.

“But that’s not what John McCain’s been talking about the last few days. He’s been proposing a joint trip to Iraq that’s nothing more than a political stunt. He’s even been using it to raise a few dollars for his campaign. But it seems like Senator McCain’s a lot more interested in my travel plans than the facts, because yesterday – in his continued effort to put the best light on a failed policy – he stood up in Wisconsin and said, “We have drawn down to pre-surge levels” in Iraq.

“That’s not true, and anyone running for Commander-in-Chief should know better. As the saying goes, you’re entitled to your own view, but not your own facts. We’ve got around 150,000 troops in Iraq – 20,000 more than we had before the surge. We have plans to get down to around 140,000 later this summer – that’s still more troops than we had in Iraq before the surge. And today, Senator McCain refused to correct his mistake. Just like George Bush, when he was presented with the truth, he just dug in and refused to admit his mistake. His campaign said it amounts to “nitpicking.

“Well I don’t think tens of thousands of American troops amounts to nitpicking. Tell that to the young men and women who are serving bravely and brilliantly under our flag. Tell that to the families who have seen their loved ones fight tour after tour after tour of duty in a war that should’ve never been authorized and never been waged.

“It’s time for a debate that’s based on the truth, and I can’t think of anything more important than how many Americans are in harm’s way. It’s time for a debate that’s based on how we’re going to end this war – not a debate that’s based on raising a few dollars for John McCain’s campaign.

“The American people have had enough spin. Just this week, we were reminded by President Bush’s own former spokesman of how it was deception – not straight talk – that misled the American people into war. It’s time to cut through the tough talk so that we can be straight with the American people about a war that’s cost us thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars without making us safer. It’s time to end the political game-playing so that we can finally end this war. That’s what I’ll do in this campaign. And that’s what I’ll do when I’m President of the United States.”

http://thepage.time.com/obamas-remarks-at-great-falls-montana-town-hall/

i bet mccain keeps on digging his self-created hole.
instead of acknowledging his mistake.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »

I rec'd an email that Obama will or has won.

Now, the real fighting will start.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »

And The Winner* Is ... *Really we're pretty sure this time.

This is the cover of Time Magazine dated May 19.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »

Mama LV,  You know I love and respect you no matter what, but God help us if he becomes president.   I know you were worried about the thought of wearing a burka,  well, if he wins, we are much closer to that than you think.  He is going to destroy our country by attempting to 'befriend' Al-Queda and other Mideast, American hating countries.   You need to realize, they WANT TO DESTROY US and ISRAEL under any circumstance!  They will rejoice if he wins and brings our troops home.  All those sacrafices to be made in vain.   I know you live on moderate means, as most of us do.   Are you looking forward to higher taxes?   I can't afford them!   We won't go into his church, and past now, but it isn't pretty.  He's not a uniter, but a divider.  Charisma isn't the only qualification for presidency.  I can use the word "Change" over and over again, but does that make me qualified?  And what does that change really mean?  Can you provide specifics, cause, I've yet to see what and how.   I'd appreciate your input on what his "Change" is...

With Love,

Di

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 08:18:54 PM »

Louise, for goodness sake, you are hailing the praiser of Islam......do you really, as a Jew no less, care so little for Israel????? Listen to the sermons BHO has for the last 20 years........his whole congregation hates Jews more than other white people.....they can't wait for the Palestinians (and I'd like to know the origin of that word) to destroy Israel.  I have friends with family there....Israelis are good people, who have had to fight continuously for their little patch of desert.....a place where the Holocaust survivors was given by England, when NOBODY, yes nobody would take those poor souls.  And they cultivated it and made a beautiful country or state as it is called.

They must live in fear of bombs and kidnappings every day, yet when they fought with Syria, they dropped warnings down to civilians, warning them to get out.  When were the Jews ever warned, given such hyman compassion??? Never!!!

OT, but speaking of Israelis, have you ever read any of Naomi Ragen's books? She's wonderful and gives (in some of her books, insights into life in Israel and the plight of the women born of the Hassidem.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 01:59:26 AM »

My mother was a white woman who just loved black people, loved the civil rights movement. She'd tell me how Harry Belafonte was the best-looking man on the planet. So I had all these positive images. My father was a Harvard-educated man. He was Kofi Annan, except taller. So the whole notion that blacks were inferior never came up at the dinner table." (p.23 Barkley)

Baracks mother and father divorced and his mother remarried. Until he was 6 years old he lived in Hawaii then they moved to Indonesia

Baracks mother worked in the embassy in Jakarta. The head of the embassy there was a black guy.

Barack loves Jews.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »

UPDATE:

As of Monday, June 2, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama needs 36 delegates to clinch the Democratic Presidential nomination.

31 delegates at stake in Montana and South Dakota.
so if he gets half of that he only needs another 20 superdelegates.

only today already 7 superdelegates commited to Obama.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »

A political strategist who was on CNN the other day indicated that it would be to McCain's advantage if Obama won the Democratic Primaries.  A random poll indicated that if Hillary won ... Obama support would go to Hillary.  However ... if Obama won the majority of Hilliary support would go to McCain.  McCain may be Republican but he is very close to the center.

Thoughts?

Janet

Considering nobody responded to my above post ... I do believe that I will have a dialogue with myself.

Janet

+++++++++++

Angry Clinton supporters tell party leaders: 'Let's go McCain!'
Posted: 11:20 AM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Democratic leaders hopeful that a deal to seat delegates from Florida and Michigan would mark an end to the deep division the controversy has brought to the party got some instant – and less than encouraging – feedback as they finalized the measure Saturday evening.

As members of the Democratic National Committee's Rules and Bylaws panel voted in favor of the measures, some supporters of Hillary Clinton's White House bid rose from their seats and began to shout “Don’t steal my vote!” and “Let’s go, McCain!”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/01/angry-clinton-supporters-tell-party-leaders-lets-go-mccain/#more-7460

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »

I apologize caesu.  I just read your response to my post.  Considering ... you did not quote my post ... I did not clue in.

Anyways ... you could be right considering Hillary supporters arriving at a place when they will stand behind Obama but ... I pray they do not.

However ... if Obama's ideology reflects the racist, anti-American, Marxist "company he has kept" for the past twenty years ... his ideology may be too far left to expect the support from Hillary supporters ... especially if the media ...  the McCain campaign makes this information an issue.

It will be an interesting summer.

Janet

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »

I apologize caesu.  I just read your response to my post.  Considering ... you did not quote my post ... I did not clue in.

Anyways ... you could be right considering Hillary supporters arriving at a place when they will stand behind Obama but ... I pray they do not.

However ... if Obama's ideology reflects the racist, anti-American, Marxist "company he has kept" for the past twenty years ... his ideology may be too far left to expect the support from Hillary supporters ... especially if the media ...  the McCain campaign makes this information an issue.

It will be an interesting summer.

Janet

interesting it will be indeed. i think we all can agree on that.
the whole world is watching, more than earlier elections i think - because so much is at stake.

also turnout in the primaries was exceptionally high. for the democrats for sure.
so the democracy is working. that is a good thing.

i only hope that it will be a clean and honest campaign.
no fearmongering or playing into prejudices. from both sides that is!
maybe the candidates want to play it fair.
but there are always groups not approved by the candidate who resort to dirty tactics.

mccain himself was victim to that in the 2000 primaries against bush in south carolina of course.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 01:48:28 PM »

Barack Obama has already set the stage for issues/questions that can be raised in the Presidential campaign in regards to the racist, anti-American, Marxist "company" he has associated with throughout the past twenty-years.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

CNN NEWSROOM
Covering the Campaigns
Aired February 17, 2008 - 14:00   ET

SEN. BARACK OBAMA, (D) PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE:  We have heard another argument that Obama hasn't gone up against the Republicans. They will tear him up. I've got to explain I'm from the South Side of Chicago. I'm skinny but I'm tough.

And I am looking forward to a debate with John McCain. John McCain is a good man. He's an American hero. And we honor his service to this nation. But he's made some bad choices about the company he keeps ...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/17/cnr.01.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »

Clinton Summons Top Donors, Supporters For Tuesday Speech

June 2, 2008 02:24 PM

Hillary Clinton has summoned top donors and backers to attend her speech tomorrow night in an unusual move that is being widely interpreted to mean she plans to suspend her campaign and endorse Barack Obama.

Obama and Clinton spoke Sunday night and agreed that their staffs should begin negotiations over post-primary activities. In addition to help raising money to pay off some $20 million-plus in debts, Clinton is known to want Obama to help out black officials who endorsed her and are now taking constituent heat, including, in some cases, primary challenges from pro-Obama politicians.

"This has never happened before," one donor said, referring to the personalized request by email to attend the event in New York Tuesday night.

Obama is expected to claim enough delegates to put him over the top that night at a separate event in Minneapolis.

Earlier in the day it was reported that, Clinton staffers were being urged by the campaign's finance department "to turn in their outstanding expense receipts by the end of the week," another sign that the run at the White House was nearing an end. In addition, Politico wrote that members of Clinton's advance staff had received calls and emails Sunday night, summoning them to New York City and telling them their roles on the campaign are ending.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
Barack Obama has enough delegates to clinch Democratic presidential nomination, CNN projects.

Barack Obama has become the first African-American to secure a major U.S. party’s presidential nomination, CNN projects.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »

A McCain victory come November!!!!

_____

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.