April 19, 2024, 02:03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And The Winner* Is  (Read 16864 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »

Today at around noon AP (Associated Press) reported Obama has enough delegates to become the Democratic Nominee.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »

Transcript: Obama Democratic Nomination Victory Speech
by FOXNews.com

Tuesday, June 3, 2008
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/transcript-obama-democratic-nomination-victory-speech/

Transcript: Hillary Clinton Primary Night Speech
by FOXNews.com

Tuesday, June 3, 2008
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/transcript-hillary-clinton-primary-night-speech/

McCain Offers Obama Strong Medicine While Welcoming Him to General Election
by Associated Press

Tuesday, June 3, 2008
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/mccain-offers-obama-strong-medicine-while-welcoming-him-to-general-election/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »

VIDEOS

Obama

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/06/03/sot.obama.clinton.cnn

Clinton
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/06/03/sot.clinton.no.decisions.cnn

McCain
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/06/03/sot.mccain.obama.record.cnn

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »

Obama Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination
by FOXNews.com

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Barack Obama clinched the Democratic presidential nomination Tuesday, becoming the first African-American to run for the nation’s highest office as the standard bearer of a major political party.

<snipped>

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/ap-obama-clinches-democratic-nomination-with-superdelegates/

_____

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 10:33:33 PM »

I'm very curious now who the VP's are going to be.  I believe that is going to play a large part in the final outcome.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

CBS Poll: Obama Leads McCain

(CBS) Presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama holds a six point lead over his Republican counterpart John McCain, a new CBS News poll finds. Obama leads McCain 48 percent to 42 percent among registered voters, with 6 percent of respondents undecided.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/04/opinion/polls/main4154051.shtml

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »

... Palestinians (and I'd like to know the origin of that word)

(During WWII) British terminology used '"Palestine" for the part west of the Jordan River and "Trans-Jordan" for the part east of the Jordan River.

The British Mandate enacted English, Hebrew and Arabic as its three official languages. The land designated by the mandate was called Palestine in English, Falastin (فلسطين) in Arabic, and in Hebrew Eretz Yisrael ((פלשתינה (א"י).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

It can be used to refer to the area within the boundaries of what was once British Mandate Palestine (1920-1948), an area which included the Transjordan until the establishment of the Kingdom of Jordan in 1921.  When the British Mandate took effect, the area was divided up. Israel was given to the Jews,  Jordan has its kingdom, and Transjordan was given to the former "Palestinians."

Today ... there are no "Palestinians" as there is no country called Palestine. People use the term all the time.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »

polls are slightly in favor of obama.
on average a 2.5% lead against mccain.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

but this is still before hillary's endorsement.
if the hillary crowd turns behind obama i think his lead wil increase.

of course some disgruntled hillary supporters will turn to mccain.
but i doubt that will have much inlfuence on obama's lead.

i can't wait for the first debates.

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 10:52:51 AM »

... Palestinians (and I'd like to know the origin of that word)

(During WWII) British terminology used '"Palestine" for the part west of the Jordan River and "Trans-Jordan" for the part east of the Jordan River.

The British Mandate enacted English, Hebrew and Arabic as its three official languages. The land designated by the mandate was called Palestine in English, Falastin (فلسطين) in Arabic, and in Hebrew Eretz Yisrael ((פלשתינה (א"י).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

It can be used to refer to the area within the boundaries of what was once British Mandate Palestine (1920-1948), an area which included the Transjordan until the establishment of the Kingdom of Jordan in 1921.  When the British Mandate took effect, the area was divided up. Israel was given to the Jews,  Jordan has its kingdom, and Transjordan was given to the former "Palestinians."

Today ... there are no "Palestinians" as there is no country called Palestine. People use the term all the time.

My question was really Rhetorical, Louise......I am just so sick of those who wish to take Irael away from the Jews and give it back to the "Palestinians", the so-called "rightful owners"!!!!   Believe what you want, who is intitled to Israel.......it is the Jews, was given to Holocaust survivors.......and the Hebrews have been there for milliniums!!!

God Bless and Save Israel!!!  My heart and prayers are always with you!!!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

Please read entire article at:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28222

_____

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »

[/quote]

PREVIEW OF THINGS TO COME???????   Hmmmmm........LOOKS LIKE SEGREGATION MIGHT JUST BE IN THE FUTURE!!!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 11:56:36 AM »

THE LAND

Genesis 12:1-3

Now the LORD had said to Abram, Depart from your country, and from your kindred, and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you:

And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing:

And I will bless them that bless you, and curse him that curses you
:

+++++++++++

Genesis 12:7

And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto your seed will I give this land: and there he built an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him. 

+++++++++++

Genesis 13:14-15

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

For all the land which you see, to you will I give it, and to your seed for ever.

+++++++++

Genesis 15:18

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto your seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 

+++++++++++++

Genesis 17:8-9

And I will give unto you, and to your seed after you, the land where you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

And God said unto Abraham, You shall keep my covenant therefore, you, and your seed after you in their generations.

+++++++++++

HAPPY 60TH ANNIVERSARY ISRAEL!!!

Sixty years ago ... God was faithful to His promise and ... provided a way for Jews to return to the land that He had set aside for them as per His covenant with Abraham.

Genesis 28:14-15

And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in you and in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

And, behold, I am with you, and will keep you in all places where ever you go, and will bring you again into this land; for I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken to you of.

+++++++

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »

remember Mike Gravel? he was also a democratic candidate.

Gravel: Obama is foolish and dangerous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiy2E242bo

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »

caesu

I believe that many Democrats are leary of the extreme far left ideology of the individuals and organizations which Barack Obama's has associated with throughout the past twenty years.  This is the reason that many Democrats are claiming that they have no choice but to cross the Party line and cast their ballot for McCain ... a cadidate who is just right of center.  In other words ... it is all about what is for the good of America ... not the Democratic Party.

Hey ... if this captial "C" Conservative was American ... she would cross the Party line and vote for Hiliary Clinton if ... the Republican candidate embraced a far-right ideology and ... had a twenty-year association with the KKK ... even if he claimed he had not been listening to the message.

Janet

+++++++++

It's gross hypocrisy
Mike Gravel rates Democrat opponents
January 10, 2005

Transcript:

JAY: So, then, what do you make of Obama's promise of change and all the rhetoric that's been going along with his campaign?

GRAVEL: It's foolish. Foolish. Dangerous. Dangerous, because he doesn't even recognize that he can't deliver. That's dangerous. I would rather - Hillary. At least she knows what she's talking about. He doesn't.

JAY: Edwards?

GRAVEL: Edwards? He probably knows better, what he's talking about, than Obama. Obama of the three is the most dangerous, because he raises greater expectations of the youth and can't deliver. And the worst thing a leader can do is raise expectations, and they don't happen. You create a whole new generation of cynics. And that's what he's doing. And he’s used the line [inaudible] reason out what he's saying. You know, the statement I like that I've heard from young people: there's no ‘there’ there. And listen to the words. Make a speech and use the word change ten times—what specifically are you going to change? You're going to change the health care system? Not really. You're going to change the military-industrial complex? Not really. He wants another hundred thousand more troops. Are you going to change anything about your relationship with Iran? Not really. Nukes are on the table. Are you going to change anything with respect to Israel? Not really. He's supported by AIPAC. Are you going to change anything for education? He's on the education committee. He's supported by the NEA. Where's change? I don't see any change. But he doesn't say any of those things. He lets you figure out what the change is. So it's like an actor. What does an actor do? He gives you a scene, and you read into it what the scene means to you. And that's what he's doing. It's terrible, because what you read into it isn't what's going to happen, 'cause he's going to have the reality. The simplest one of all is we have a $50 to $70 trillion fiscal gap. There's no money to do anything, never mind this imperialism, which is why there's no money to do anything. Here. You recall that Hillary, Edwards, and Obama all said, when asked by Tim Russert, would you have the troops out of Iraq by the end of 2013? And all three of them equivocated, weren't sure that they could do it. And then you heard just last night, oh, yeah; I'm going to start withdrawing them immediately. What are they talking about? Say one thing; say another thing. You know, withdrawing immediately, what does that mean? We'll withdraw ten this month, and then I'm going to change my mind next month? It's gross hypocrisy - is really what it is.

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »

THE LAND

Now the LORD had said to Abram, Depart from your country, and from your kindred, and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you:

And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing:

:

+++++++++++

And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto your seed will I give this land: and there he built an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him. 

+++++++++++

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

For all the land which you see, to you will I give it, and to your seed for ever.

+++++++++

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto your seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 

+++++++++++++

And I will give unto you, and to your seed after you, the land where you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

And God said unto Abraham, You shall keep my covenant therefore, you, and your seed after you in their generations.

+++++++++++

Sixty years ago ... God was faithful to His promise and ... provided a way for Jews to return to the land that He had set aside for them as per His covenant with Abraham.

And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in you and in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

And, behold, I am with you, and will keep you in all places where ever you go, and will bring you again into this land; for I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken to you of.

+++++++

Didn't Abraham have several sons?  I remember this being a hot topic at one time.  All inherited from the father?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »

THE LAND

:

+++++++++++

+++++++++++

+++++++++

+++++++++++++

+++++++++++

+++++++

Didn't Abraham have several sons?  I remember this being a hot topic at one time.  All inherited from the father?

The Promises made by The
One God to Abraham and
his Descendants through Isaac and Jacob

The covenant promises would come through Abraham's wife (who had not yet produced a child at age 90).

Her name was to be changed to Sarah (noblewoman) to reflect this honour. Ones name is changed when ones relationship with God is altered

God promised a son, to be called Isaac, exactly one year later, and through him would the promises go.

More:
http://www.ccg.org/_domain/abrahams-legacy.org/promises-made.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 08:49:58 AM »

caesu

I believe that many Democrats are leary of the extreme far left ideology of the individuals and organizations which Barack Obama's has associated with throughout the past twenty years.  This is the reason that many Democrats are claiming that they have no choice but to cross the Party line and cast their ballot for McCain ... a cadidate who is just right of center.  In other words ... it is all about what is for the good of America ... not the Democratic Party.

Hey ... if this captial "C" Conservative was American ... she would cross the Party line and vote for Hiliary Clinton if ... the Republican candidate embraced a far-right ideology and ... had a twenty-year association with the KKK ... even if he claimed he had not been listening to the message.

Janet

+++++++++

It's gross hypocrisy
Mike Gravel rates Democrat opponents
January 10, 2005

Transcript:

JAY: So, then, what do you make of Obama's promise of change and all the rhetoric that's been going along with his campaign?

GRAVEL: It's foolish. Foolish. Dangerous. Dangerous, because he doesn't even recognize that he can't deliver. That's dangerous. I would rather - Hillary. At least she knows what she's talking about. He doesn't.

JAY: Edwards?

GRAVEL: Edwards? He probably knows better, what he's talking about, than Obama. Obama of the three is the most dangerous, because he raises greater expectations of the youth and can't deliver. And the worst thing a leader can do is raise expectations, and they don't happen. You create a whole new generation of cynics. And that's what he's doing. And he’s used the line [inaudible] reason out what he's saying. You know, the statement I like that I've heard from young people: there's no ‘there’ there. And listen to the words. Make a speech and use the word change ten times—what specifically are you going to change? You're going to change the health care system? Not really. You're going to change the military-industrial complex? Not really. He wants another hundred thousand more troops. Are you going to change anything about your relationship with Iran? Not really. Nukes are on the table. Are you going to change anything with respect to Israel? Not really. He's supported by AIPAC. Are you going to change anything for education? He's on the education committee. He's supported by the NEA. Where's change? I don't see any change. But he doesn't say any of those things. He lets you figure out what the change is. So it's like an actor. What does an actor do? He gives you a scene, and you read into it what the scene means to you. And that's what he's doing. It's terrible, because what you read into it isn't what's going to happen, 'cause he's going to have the reality. The simplest one of all is we have a $50 to $70 trillion fiscal gap. There's no money to do anything, never mind this imperialism, which is why there's no money to do anything. Here. You recall that Hillary, Edwards, and Obama all said, when asked by Tim Russert, would you have the troops out of Iraq by the end of 2013? And all three of them equivocated, weren't sure that they could do it. And then you heard just last night, oh, yeah; I'm going to start withdrawing them immediately. What are they talking about? Say one thing; say another thing. You know, withdrawing immediately, what does that mean? We'll withdraw ten this month, and then I'm going to change my mind next month? It's gross hypocrisy - is really what it is.

there are more candidates than just Obama and McCain.

Constitution party, Libertarian party, Green party.

recent polls show not that many democrats cross party line and vote for McCain now.

in the new Rasmussen poll Obama is already leading 7 points. Obama 50%, McCain 43%.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Obama’s bounce is the result of growing unity among the Democratic Party. Eighty-one percent (81%) of Democrats say they will vote for Obama over McCain. That’s the highest level of party support ever enjoyed by Obama.

Obama’s bounce can be seen in his favorability ratings as well. Fifty-eight percent (58%) of voters now give the Illinois Senator positive reviews. Just 41% have an unfavorable opinion. Those totals include 36% with a Very Favorable opinion and 27% with a Very Unfavorable opinion. Today’s results are the highest ratings yet recorded for Obama.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 08:51:57 AM »

PREVIEW OF THINGS TO COME???????   Hmmmmm........LOOKS LIKE SEGREGATION MIGHT JUST BE IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

you just revealed your true motivations.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »

... and the WINNER is?

I think that we will have to endure a long hot summer on this thread before a WINNER can be predicted and ... maybe the polls will indicate the race is to close to predict and ... we will have to wait until the votes are counted on election night.

Janet

+++++++++++

June 9, 2008
Grumbling Clinton supporters make Democrats nervous

In a message sent to the Arizonan's supporters after news broke that Clinton was suspending her run, the Democrat-turned-independent highlighted McCain's "very good working relationship with Sen. Clinton."

"The phones at the campaign headquarters have been ringing with disaffected Democrats calling to say they believe Sen. McCain has the experience, judgment, and bipartisanship necessary to lead our country in these difficult times," Lieberman wrote. "Many of these supporters are former supporters of Sen. Clinton."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/09/clinton.supporters/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

you just revealed your true motivations.

caesu

I believe that your comment to Auntiem was unfair.  I was also taken back by this picture.

The photo along with the racist ideological foundation of the church which Obama attended for twenty years ... appears to be sending of message in regards to the "change" that may be forthcoming under an administration with Obama as the Commander-in-Chief.

Janet

VISION STATEMENT - TUCC

... "The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

++++++++++

Black Theology & Black Power (Paperback)

First published in 1969, "Black Theology & Black Power" provided the first systematic presentation of black theology. Relating the militant struggle for liberation with the gospel message of salvation, James Cone laid the foundation for an original interpretation of Christianity that retains its urgency and challenge today.

http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Theology-Power-J-Cone/dp/1570751579

+++++++++

QUOTES - "BLACK POWER & BLACK THEOLOGY"

"Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants." James Cone

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." James Cone

"In the New Testament, Jesus is not for all, but for the oppressed, the poor and unwanted of society, and against oppressors ... Either God is for black people in their fight for liberation and against the white oppressors, or he is not." James Cone

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.