April 26, 2024, 08:05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And The Winner* Is  (Read 16876 times)
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »

PREVIEW OF THINGS TO COME???????   Hmmmmm........LOOKS LIKE SEGREGATION MIGHT JUST BE IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

you just revealed your true motivations.

Are you addressing me or Obama???  Do you not see something strange about this picture?  The half African-American President of the United States, which is made up of many different cultures forsees himself as the leader of ONLY African-Americans?  Only THEY will be the future college professors, and Military leaders???   And then, he will be proud enough of his country to place his hand on his heart and salute our Flag????

I believe, that YOU  revealed YOUR motives and what you are hoping are Obama's!!!!

( Ah, yes, as the saying goes..."A picture is worth a thousand words".   Your's tells it all!!!)
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

And the young soldier in the picture appears to be barely old enough to be finished with "Basic Training"......WOW....he sure is highly decorated!!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »

PREVIEW OF THINGS TO COME???????   Hmmmmm........LOOKS LIKE SEGREGATION MIGHT JUST BE IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

you just revealed your true motivations.

Are you addressing me or Obama???  Do you not see something strange about this picture?  The half African-American President of the United States, which is made up of many different cultures forsees himself as the leader of ONLY African-Americans?  Only THEY will be the future college professors, and Military leaders???   And then, he will be proud enough of his country to place his hand on his heart and salute our Flag????

I believe, that YOU  revealed YOUR motives and what you are hoping are Obama's!!!!

( Ah, yes, as the saying goes..."A picture is worth a thousand words".   Your's tells it all!!!)

you really got some nerve to compare Obama's attempt at the White House to segregation.

i bet you dream of the time when the Jim Crow laws were still in place - so that photo wouldn't even be possible.

Obama by the way gets his supporters from all races all over America.
he broke with that reverend and church. better late than never.
he himself never advocated black liberation theology
(maybe if you misquote him, or take all his quotes out of context - like often is done in those smear campaign emails or on right wing copy-paste blogs)
read his speeches or his books (in full!), how he is uniting America, not dividing like his predecessor.

so get over it!
the country has moved on now and is not living in the 18th, 19th or the early 20th century anymore were one race could oppress the other.

and you got even more nerve to question that decorated soldier. how very dare you! shame on you!
or does supporting the troops for you only applies to one group?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »

... he broke with that reverend and church. better late than never.

<snipped>

caesu ... please think about this from a perspectisve of logic.

If it was revealed that McCain had a twenty-year membership with the KKK and its leader and ... McCain only distanced himself from the organization when it was revealed by the media while he was on the campaign trail.

Would you give him a free pass if he implied that he had no idea what the racist ideology of that organization stood for?  Would you give him a free pass if he implied that he had never heard a racist speech from the podium?

Hey ... I am a capital "C" Conservative and ... I would not give McCain a pass ... I would not be that naive ... gullible.  I would have crossed the Party line and ... cast my ballot for Hilliary Clinton without a second thought.

Anyways ... in his own words ... Obama reveals knew from the getgo what the Rev. Jeremiah Wright was all about and ... he join TUCC anyways and ... remained a member for over twenty years.  Obama outright lied to the the American people when he implied otherwise.

Janet

++++++++

Obama 'Appalled' By Ex-Pastor's Comments
Wright's Comments A 'Show Of Disrespect To Me'
UPDATED: 5:24 pm EDT April 29, 2008

Calling the Rev. Jeremiah Wright "not the same person I met 20 years ago," Sen. Barack Obama said Tuesday he was "appalled" by his former pastor's comments Monday at the National Press Club.

http://www.nbc10.com/politics/16060061/detail.html

Audacity of Barack Obama and Rev. Wright
March 18, 2008 01:00 PM EST

In Senator Obama's first book, titled Dreams of My Father and published in 1995 (after he had been elected president of the Harvard Law Review but before he had been elected to public office), Senator Obama wrote at length about Rev. Wright and his moving "Audacity of Hope" speech.

In Dreams, Senator Obama explained how he met Rev. Wright[, whom he mentioned had been "dabbling with liquor, Islam, and black nationalism in the sixties."

He acknowledged that Rev. Wright immediately had given him fair warning that he was controversial, by quoting Rev. Wright as having said: "Some of my fellow clergy don't appreciate what we're about. They feel like we're too radical. Others, we aren't radical enough. Too emotional. Not emotional enough."

He also acknowledged that Rev. Wright let him know at their first meeting that he looked unfavorably on America and expected to continue to do so, by stating, "Life's not safe for a black man in this country, Barack. Never has been. Probably never will be."

Senator Obama left with one of Rev. Wright's "Black Value System" brochures.

When Senator Barack listened to Rev. Wright's "Audacity of Hope" sermon, September 11, 2001 was years away, but, Senator Obama admitted in Dreams, Rev. Wright castigated America.

Senator Obama put it this way: "Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpsville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House. As the sermon unfolded...the stories of strife became more prosaic, the pain more immediate...."

So it's hard to believe that Senator Obama was not familiar until very recently with Rev. Wright's position on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It's even worse for Senator Obama and Rev. Wright.
In Obama: From Promise to Power, by the Chicago Tribune's David Mendell, Mr. Mendell relates (pp. 159-160) a meeting between Senator Obama and Rev. Wright when Senator Obama was deciding whether or not to run for the United States Senate:

"'My name should be out there,' Obama told his pastor. 'but Carol Moseley Braun won't say what's she's going to do, and I'm not gonna run against a black woman. If she's gonna run, then I'm out. Until she says yes or no, I can't say anything."

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »

<snipped>

If it was revealed that McCain had a twenty-year membership with the KKK and its leader and ... McCain only distanced himself from the organization when it was revealed by the media while he was on the campaign trail.

Would you give him a free pass if he implied that he had no idea what the racist ideology of that organization stood for?  Would you give him a free pass if he implied that he had never heard a racist speech from the podium?

Hey ... I am a capital "C" Conservative and ... I would not give McCain a pass ... I would not be that naive ... gullible.  I would have crossed the Party line and ... cast my ballot for Hilliary Clinton without a second thought.

Anyways ... in his own words ... Obama reveals knew from the getgo what the Rev. Jeremiah Wright was all about and ... he join TUCC anyways and ... remained a member for over twenty years.  Obama outright lied to the the American people when he implied otherwise.

Janet

i would not give McCain a free pass in that case.
but there are important differences with the KKK and TUCC.

the TUCC has had some legitimacy due to the fact that black were oppressed brutally for the majority of the history of the USA.
note: i use the past tense here.

the KKK is an outright racist organisation, opposed desegregation, did a great deal of deadly bombings, assassinations, lynchings and more. and in southern states KKK members did get elected democratically or became governor.
imagine how powerless that must have felt for black people in those states during that time.

apart from a few outrageous statements (protected by freedom of speech / religion) you can't say the above of the TUCC.

i agree that Obama made a mistake getting affiliated with the TUCC and Rev. Wright.
i am not giving him an entirely free pass on that one.

but that's what all politicians do, they go to AIPAC for the Jew vote, or to the NRA for the gun owner vote.
or seek the endorsement of a pastor. same goes for McCain.

20 years in that church is unfortunate. but better late than never to break with that church.
apparently he didn't listen that closely to the sermons.

or, what i think is more likely, Rev. Wright didn't preach every Sunday with such outrageous sentences.
those short clips endlessly played on TV (g*d d*mn America), are of course not representative for all what is being said there.

if reading Obama's books and speeches, (and yes, as i always say - in full, not just the out of context (mis)quotes) i can't see anything resembling black liberation theology in that. to the contrary, he wants to unite all Americans - and he seems to be succeeding in that.

i read your 'wolf in sheep's clothing theory.
i can understand that, but only if you cherrypick all kinds of statements by people very loosely associated with Obama.
there isn't anything in Obama's statements that is corroborating with those statements.

of course one can say that this means that Obama's sheep's clothing is working very well.
but i think that is just a bit of unwarranted paranoia.
and even if it were true that he is a wolf, to comfort you a bit, still there is a Congress when he is President.
Congress will impeach the wolf then. and in 2010 there are new Congressional elections, so Obama will loose then big if he is not what he is portraying to be.

for the Christian vote. i am wondering where that vote is going to go.
i don't think one can assume that it is a done deal that this is for McCain.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »

<snipped>

Janet

i would not give McCain a free pass in that case.
but there are important differences with the KKK and TUCC.

the TUCC has had some legitimacy due to the fact that black were oppressed brutally for the majority of the history of the USA.
note: i use the past tense here.

<snipped>

EXACTLY!!!  PAST TENSE!!!

caesu ... the Japanese American citizens were rounded up and interned in the Second War World ... First Nations were forced onto reservations ... Women were treated like second class citizen in the work place and in the election process ... Legal immigration from China and India required a head tax that was not imposed on immgrants of White decent ...

However ... lessons have been learned from the injustices of the past and these groups as well as many African Americans have moved on.  While honoring their respective cultures and heritages ... are American first and foremost.

Churches that have a foundation based on the racist, anti-American, Anti-Israel and Marxist writings of James Cones has no justification for it existence except to cause division and further an ideology based on Karl Marx.

Barack Obama's relationship with the Jeremiah Wright for over twenty years and ... his membership with TUCC for over twenty years implies ... an adherence to the racist, anti-American, anti-Isreal rantings from the pulpit and ... the applause of affirmation from the thousands in the congregation.

Read carefully the perspective of Armstrong Williams ... it conforms perfectly with mine.

By the way ... Mr. Williams is African American.

Janet

++++++++++

"Armstrong Williams is a widely-syndicated columnist, CEO of the Graham Williams Group, and hosts the Armstrong Williams Show."

Sunday's Dirty Secret
By Armstrong Williams
Monday, March 17, 2008

Arriving in Washington DC during the 80's, my most difficult challenge was finding a church home. Having grown up in the Pentecostal and Methodist faith Sunday worship was a staple of my weekly routine. For almost 10 years I canvassed the nation's capitol seeking a church that would nourish my fleshly failings and remind me of what our creator expects of us as human beings. What was consistent in going from pulpit to pulpit was that ministers were more interested in political rhetoric, the endorsement of political candidates, and the denouncing of some government or community proposal, than the gospel. It was quite disheartening for many years knowing that ministers were not teaching or preaching the word of God, but that their sermons were becoming political rallies. I was stunned at the blame cast upon the White man, the racial divisive, and all the things that seemed to divide and separate us from our neighbor. Then in 1995 I attended First Baptist Church in DC where the Rev. Frank Tucker presided and my spirit finally found what it was seeking. I will never forget meeting with the Pastor prior to joining and expressing my feelings about what I was looking for in a church. I made it clear that my interest was in the word of God and not political rallies, condemnation of America, and various politicians occupying the pulpit on Sunday. He shared my concerns and promised that this wasn't the case at his church. Since being a member of Pastor Tucker's church for about 13 years, he's never disappointed my spiritual yearning. Throughout the years I've taken Whites, Muslims, Jews, and people of all walks of life to worship with me and they all have left feeling that they could join the pastor's congregation.

There are still pockets of so called black churches and mosque today that can identify with the Rev. Wright‘s lace-filled, anti-American, hypocritical sermons. During the 50's, 60's and 70's the black church was a place where blacks could gather and unite away from the harshness and brutality of racism and vicious hatred. It was a place where ministers could help their congregation express their anger, frustration, and America’s ungodliness towards their brethren. Many ministers during those tumultuous times were considered heroes and pillars of the community for they were preaching against an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. People like Jeremiah Wright are still preaching as though we’re in the 50’s or 60’s and are locked in this time warp. They refuse to elevate and celebrate the progress of America and how Presidential candidate Barack Obama’s campaign is evidence of that amazing paradigm shift.

It is impossible for Senator Barack Obama and his wife to have patterned Rev. Wright's church and not have embraced his teachings and vision of America. My minister does and has always had a profound impact on my outlook about life and strengthening my spirit to forgive the transgressions of this world and not to induce more hate and separation. I find it difficult to believe Senator Obama when he tells us that he was unaware of his Pastor's vicious message from the pulpit and that had he known there would have been condemnation.

Many black intellectuals are still angry for what they perceive as the continuous crippling effect of racism and slavery in America on their careers. The irony is that many of their children have embraced this country, finding success and prosperity, while their parents continue to allow their wounds to be nurtured in this hopeless mindset preached from the pulpit. Michelle Obama’s expression of how for the first time she was proud of America was indicative of the influence of her Pastor.

Senator Obama should admit to the fact that since campaigning he’s seen a different America. He must show that he rejects and repudiates this school of thinking.  Furthermore that no one should be a member of congregations and mosque that preach this hatred and conspiratorial thinking, which continuously emphasize the worst in our country and not the phenomenal progress made.

This past week was not an exemplary moment for the man who prided himself on integrity and honesty throughout this campaign.  The fact is the Senator has no plausible excuse for why he remained a member of Rev. Jeremiah's church. He and his family should have immediately left his congregation for the embrace of a church that teaches the bible rather than the alienation, lunacy, and outright mockery of Christian teachings.

It was impossible for my spirit to endure these churches, as can be evidenced by my negative descriptions of them. It makes no sense for someone in search of America’s promise and potential to worship in a place where a doctrine of hatred is the central theme. I was taught that church was a place of escape and rest, but I didn’t want someone who is supposed to be a religious leader feeding me poisonous information.

My reason for going to church has always been for a spiritual recharge, not more of the same; I deal with politics 24/6, and one day a week I get a chance to take a break from all that. I believe this to be healthy, and think it sad that I had to try so hard for so long to find a church that was able to provide the rest or Sabbath, mentioned in the Bible.

The day must come when churches (Black or otherwise that preach this hate speech) will return to the Word. No one should ever be forced to search for such a lengthy duration or give up and settle in a church that is unacceptable and pay the price that will eventually implode Senator Obama’s to date well run campaign.

http://krla870.townhall.com/columnists/ArmstrongWilliams/2008/03/17/sundays_dirty_secret

+++++++++++

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »

let me add that not only the Japanese were internned at these camps, so were Italians and Germans...

we never hear about that though....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

let me add that not only the Japanese were internned at these camps, so were Italians and Germans...

we never hear about that though....

mrs. red ... I did not realize that.  The Germans and Italians were not interned on the West Coast of British Columbia.  This is why the government's claim of "homeland security" in regards to the internment of Japanese did not wash.  It did appear to be a decision based on race.

On the the West Coast of British Columbia ... many Japanese CANADIAN CITIZENS were move to the interior of the province ... placed in internment camps until the end of the war.  They were not cruelly treated ... food, clothing, medical and education was provided but ... they were held against their will nevertheless.

My husband's immediate family made the decision to return to Japan and were fortunate that they were able to sell their property for a fair price prior to the move.  However ... many relatives and friends who chose to go to the camps rather than return to Japan ... did not sell their property.  Good neighbours and friends in the fishing communities they resided were willing to look out for their property until they were allowed to return.  However ... the government eventually conficated their property during the internment because of unpaid taxes.

Anyways ... my hubby and younger sister were born during this period and ... his family returned to Canada following the war.  His Father, Mother and four eldest sisters were CANADIAN CITIZENS but they were required to reapply for entry into the Country.  The years in Japan were not easy for the family.  They were CANADIAN CTIZENS but ... were suspected by many Japanese to be spies for the Americans.

Anyways ... despite this bleak period in Canadian history ... the Japanese Canadians are proud Canadians and ... intergrate into the mainstream of society.  Many in the Japanese community have worked hard in the creation of legislation to insure these injustices never again occur but ... they have moved on.  There are no organizations akin to the Black churches that embrace the racist, anti-American, anti-Israel, Marxits writings of James Cone.

Janet   

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »

<snipped>

for the Christian vote. i am wondering where that vote is going to go.

i don't think one can assume that it is a done deal that this is for McCain.

caesu ... I do not believe that Evangelicals are thrilled with McCain but ... I do not agree with Mark DeMoss (an acquaintance of my daughter's BTW) that up to 40% are about to cast their ballots for Obama.  McCain's pro-life position and military experience are two issues that Evangelicals would appreciate and ... the far-left company that Obama has associated with throughout the past twenty years will be a major consideration prior to casting their ballots.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Janet

++++++++++

Thursday June 5, 2008
Exclusive: Interview with Mark DeMoss

With clients like Focus on the Family, Franklin Graham, and Campus Crusade for Christ, Mark DeMoss may be the most prominent public relations executive in the evangelical world. A former chief of staff to Jerry Falwell, DeMoss became then-presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s chief liaison to evangelical leaders. God-o-Meter caught up with him this week to ask how John McCain—and Barack Obama—are doing among evangelical opinion shapers and voters.

Interview ...

http://blog.beliefnet.com/godometer/2008/06/exclusive-interview-with-mark.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »

Obama is doing quite well in the latest polls now.
7 or 8% lead for Obama.

Barack Obama has a 48% to 41% lead in the latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking presidential election trial heat, based on June 7-9 polling.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Barack Obama attracts 48% of the vote while John McCain earns 40%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »

Barack Obama ... when you form a committee for the purpose of bestowing upon the respective members the task of selecting a potential Vice-president of the United States of America ... there needs to be back-ground check to assure there are not any underlying motives in regards to the selection.  Character in regards to trust has to be a high priority.  The Vice-President will become the unelected President of one of the greatest democracies on the face of the earth if something should deem the elected President not compentent of fulfilling his duties as Commander and Chief.

cbb ... I am back in the twilight zone.

Janet

+++++++

Obama Rejects Criticism Over Adviser’s Ties to Home Lender
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Barack Obama defended one of the men vetting his running-mate prospects Tuesday after the adviser came under fire for receiving favorable loan terms from a sub-prime lending company Obama has criticized.

The Illinois senator kept the adviser — former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson — at an arm’s length, but heartily rejected the suggestion that he should do background checks for unpaid members of a search committee, no matter how influential their task may be.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/10/obama-controversy-over-advisers-ties-to-home-lender-is-a-game/

_____

finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 11:02:57 PM »

high on my dream ticket list would be
Obama + the republican senator from nebraska:
Chuck Hagel

Charles Timothy "Chuck" Hagel (born October 4, 1946) is the senior United States Senator from Nebraska. A member of the Republican Party, he was first elected in 1996 and was reelected in 2002. After considering running in the 2008 presidential election, Hagel announced on September 10, 2007 that he will retire from the Senate at the end of his present term and will not seek the presidency.

Born in North Platte, Nebraska, to Betty and Charles Hagel, who had German and Polish ancestry ... graduated from St. Bonaventure High School (now Scotus Central Catholic High School) in Columbus, Nebraska, and the Brown Institute for Radio and Television in 1966 and from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 1972. Hagel is a Vietnam War veteran, having served in the United States Army infantry, attaining the rank of Sergeant (E-5) from 1967–1968. While serving during the Vietnam War, he received the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal, and the Combat Infantryman Badge. After returning from Vietnam, Hagel worked as a bartender and radio newscaster while finishing college.

Hagel married Lilibet Ziller in April, 1985. The couple lives with their daughter, Allyn, and son, Ziller, in McLean, Virginia ... Hagel's brother, Thomas, also a veteran of the Vietnam War, is a professor at the University of Dayton School of Law.

In 1971, Hagel was hired as a staffer for Congressman John Y. McCollister (R-NE), serving until 1977. For the next four years, he worked as a lobbyist for Firestone Tire and Rubber Company, and, in 1980, he served as an organizer for the successful presidential campaign of former California Governor Ronald Reagan.

After Reagan's inauguration as President, Hagel was named deputy administrator of the Veterans Administration. In 1982, however, he resigned his post over a disagreement with V.A. Administrator Robert P. Nimmo, who was intent on cutting funding for V.A. programs ...

After leaving government employment, Hagel co-founded Vanguard Cellular, a mobile phone manufacturer that made him a millionaire several times over. While working with Vanguard, he served as president and chief executive officer of the United Service Organizations and the Private Sector Council, as deputy director and chief operating officer of the 1990 G7 Summit, and on the board of directors or advisory committee of the American Red Cross, the Eisenhower World Affairs Institute, Bread for the World, and the Ripon Society. He also served as Chairman of the Agent Orange Settlement Fund and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Since his election to the Senate in 1996, Hagel has served as deputy whip for the Republican Caucus. He has been chair of both the Senate Global Climate Change ******* Group and the Senate Oversight Task Force. He serves as co-chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. He also serves on the NATO ******* Group. Hagel is a member of four Senate committees: Foreign Relations; Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Committee on Rules and Administration.

In October 2002, Hagel voted in favor of authorizing the use of military force against Iraq.

On immigration, Senator Hagel supports a "pathway to citizenship" and a "guest worker program" for illegal immigrants. On May 25, 2006 he voted for S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which passed the Senate before reaching a stalemate in the House in late 2006.

On June 26, 2007, Hagel joined with Senator Ted Kennedy to support the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S. 1639).

Committee assignments:
Committee on Foreign Relations
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Subcommittee on African Affairs
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection (Ranking Member)
Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance and Investment
Subcommittee on Financial Institutions (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
Select Committee on Intelligence
Committee on Rules and Administration

On August 18, 2005, Hagel compared the Iraq War to Vietnam and openly mocked Vice President Dick Cheney's assertion that the Iraqi insurgency was in its "last throes."

In November 2005, Hagel made a much-publicized statement: "To question your government is not unpatriotic — to not question your government is unpatriotic." This was in reference to the lack of open debate in Congress regarding the Iraq War, and in defense of his assertion that the United States should withdraw its troops.

In December 2005, in reference to Bush, the GOP, and the PATRIOT Act, Hagel made a much-publicized statement: "I took an oath of office to the Constitution, I didn't take an oath of office to my party or my president."

In November 2007, he rated the Bush administration "the lowest in capacity, in capability, in policy, in consensus -- almost every area" of any presidency in the last forty years. He also revealed he is open to running as vice-president with the 2008 Democratic nominee. In the same month, he said, "I have to say this is one of the most arrogant, incompetent administrations I've ever seen or ever read about."

On its website The Times reported that the Senator is a possible candidate in the Barack Obama administration for the cabinet position of Secretary of Defense:

Obama is hoping to appoint cross-party figures to his cabinet such as Chuck Hagel, the Republican senator for Nebraska and an opponent of the Iraq war. Senior advisers confirmed that Hagel, a highly decorated Vietnam war veteran and one of McCain’s closest friends in the Senate, was considered an ideal candidate for defense secretary.

Senator Obama was quoted in the same article, when asked about Hagel as a potential cabinet member: "Chuck Hagel is a great friend of mine and I respect him very much." Hagel is also rumored to be a possible Obama pick for the Vice-Presidential candidacy in his 2008 presidential election ticket.

Hagel has a tradition of wearing costumes to work on Halloween, usually masquerading as colleagues or other notable political figures. He has arrived at work dressed as Joe Biden, John McCain, Colin Powell, and Pat Roberts in past years.

Hagel was a “grunt,” a regular soldier, during some of the most brutal combat of the Vietnam war. Above is a photo of him with his brother Tom, atop a personnel carrier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hagel

http://hagel.senate.gov/public/

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »

Chuck Hagel would indeed be a great choice!

that would compensate the military background of McCain a bit.
and of course because he is Republican it would attract a great deal more voters.

also Jim Webb would be a good one i think.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »

Barack Obama ... when you form a committee for the purpose of bestowing upon the respective members the task of selecting a potential Vice-president of the United States of America ... there needs to be back-ground check to assure there are not any underlying motives in regards to the selection.  Character in regards to trust has to be a high priority.  The Vice-President will become the unelected President of one of the greatest democracies on the face of the earth if something should deem the elected President not compentent of fulfilling his duties as Commander and Chief.

cbb ... I am back in the twilight zone.

Janet

+++++++

Obama Rejects Criticism Over Adviser’s Ties to Home Lender
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Barack Obama defended one of the men vetting his running-mate prospects Tuesday after the adviser came under fire for receiving favorable loan terms from a sub-prime lending company Obama has criticized.

The Illinois senator kept the adviser — former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson — at an arm’s length, but heartily rejected the suggestion that he should do background checks for unpaid members of a search committee, no matter how influential their task may be.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/10/obama-controversy-over-advisers-ties-to-home-lender-is-a-game/

.... another flip flop.  However ... I believe the issue is Obama's judgement regarding background checks of committee members who are in charge of selecting who may be the next VP of the United States of America.  Logic dictates that there are no underlying motives or conflicts of interest in the selection processs.

Janet

+++++++++++

June 11, 2008
Obama's VP vetter steps aside
From CNN's Richard Allen Greene

Jim Johnson is no longer involved in Obama's VP search.
WASHINGTON (CNN) — A key member of Barack Obama's vice-presidential search team, James Johnson, is stepping down after criticism over a mortgage he received, the Obama campaign said.

"Jim did not want to distract in any way from the very important task of gathering information about my vice presidential nominee, so he has made a decision to step aside that I accept," the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee said in a statement.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/11/obamas-vp-vetter-steps-aside/

_____

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 01:38:58 AM »

"Political forecasting has one essential function, which is to make astrology look respectable."
~~ Argus Hamilton

''And Obama's estimated 90,000 caucus votes this year almost equaled the combined 118,167 won by Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, McCain, Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani, who finished in that order. '' - Obama spent a lot of effort busing in people to participate in caucuses which is why he so convincingly beat Hillary in them. All those caucus votes from the cumulative and respective Republicans will go to McCain in addition to most of Hillary's supporters.  Get over it, the golden boy is a toadie.

Howard Dean, trying to figure out how to get his golden boy elected, has now tried to implement the fairness doctrine so no one has a voice in the election except the DNC.  Touche, Scream.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 01:46:52 AM »

Another Bad Day for the affirmative action golden boy, whose ability to stump does not equal his ability to equivocate.

By Rick Moran 6/11/08
On Tuesday, Barack Obama faced the glare of the cameras and tried to deal with what was rapidly becoming one of those "distractions" he so despises.

It turns out that the man he chose to head up the steering committee to help him choose a vice president, Jim Johnson, had a past that was making Obama out to be a hypocrite on the sub-prime mortgage crisis. After skewering John McCain for his connections with sub-prime lenders, it turns out that Mr. Johnson made McCain's connections look positively innocent by comparison.

Johnson, Fannie Mae chief from 1991 through 1998, received more than $7 million in real estate loans from a program open only to "friends of Angelo." The "Angelo" in question is none other than Angelo Mozilo, CEO of Countrywide Financial Corporation. Obama, who has heavily criticized Mozilo for accepting hefty bonuses despite the sub-prime crisis, evidently didn't vet Mr. Johnson thoroughly and failed to discover the sweetheart connection.

It should also be noted that according to the Chicago Tribune, the practitioner of "new politics" accepted $1.9 million from sub prime lenders, which only goes to show that when it comes to a decision between engaging in the "new politics" and old fashioned money grubbing, "new politics" gets the shaft.

The revelations about Johnson led to an incredible exchange with ABC News reporter Sunlen Miller, who grilled Obama on why the information hadn't been discovered by the campaign before he hired him. The ensuing explanation by Obama is a jaw dropper.

So without further adieu, I give you, ladies and gentlemen, Barack H. Obama -- Columbia University graduate, Harvard Law, President of the Harvard Law Review, and noted American orator:

"Now look, the, the, ah, ah, ah, I mean the uh first of all uh I, I, I am not vetting my VP search committee for their mortgages so you're going have to uh d-direct... Well, nah I mean becomes sort of a... um... I mean this is a game that can be played everybody... It who is tangentially related to our campaign I think is going to have a whole host of relationships. I would have to hire the vetter to uh vet the vetter."

Huh?

It gets murkier -- or more bizarrely incoherent. The following was cleaned up by the ABC website and made into something printable:

"Jim Johnson has a very discrete task," Obama continued, "as does Eric Holder, and that is simply to gather up information about potential vice presidential candidates. They are performing that job well, it's a volunteer, unpaid position. And they are giving me information and I will then exercise judgment in terms of who I want to select as a vice presidential candidate.

"So this - you know, these aren't folks who are working for me," Obama said. "They're not people you know who I have assigned to a job in a future administration and, you know, ultimately my assumption is that, you know, this is a discrete task that they're going to performing for me over the next two months."

Whassat? What'd he say? Johnson doesn't really "work" for him because he's a "volunteer" in an "unpaid position." And after all, he hasn't promised him a cabinet post so it's really OK that he didn't vet him and besides this is just a "distraction" so can we please get back to your slavish worship of my awe inspiring talents?

Well, on Wednesday, Johnson "unvolunteered" himself from the campaign:

I believe Barack Obama's candidacy for president of the United States is the most exciting and important of my lifetime," he said, according to a Bloomberg report. "I would not dream of being a party to distracting attention from that historic effort."

We all know how much Obama doesn't like "distractions." Obama himself cried a few crocodile tears in giving him the heave ho:

"Jim did not want to distract in any way from the very important task of gathering information about my vice presidential nominee, so he has made a decision to step aside that I accept. We have a very good selection process underway, and I am confident that it will produce a number of highly qualified candidates for me to choose from in the weeks ahead. I remain grateful to Jim for his service and his efforts in this process," Obama said in a statement.

So, another Obama associate is thrown under the bus. One might begin to wonder if there are more people riding on the Obama express or underneath it. Think of all this guy's friends, staffers, spiritual advisors, and assorted far left radicals who have been given the equivalent of a pair of cement galoshes and thrown into the Chicago River. A partial list:

1, Samantha Power, foreign policy advisor, who ended up being just a little bit too frank about some of Obama's less than mainstream plans for Israel and other places if the candidate were to win office.

2. Austan Goolsbee, economic advisor, who whispered to the Canadian government sweet nothings about his boss's NAFTA switcheroo in Ohio -- Obama running around the state, breathing fire about the evils of NAFTA and how he would renegotiate the treaty while Goolsbee was telling the Canadians that the candidate was just politicking and had no intention of touching the treaty.

3. Reverend Jeremiah Wright, friend and spiritual advisor for whom the candidate bravely stood up -- at first -- until Wright's performance at the National Press Club caused the candidate to open the door himself and push the old man under the wheels.

4. Father Michael Pfleger, friend and spiritual advisor, whose spittle flecked rant at Trinity Church against Hillary, America and white people forced the candidate to leave his boot print on the good father's rear end as he too was impelled from behind under the Obama Greyhound.

5. William Ayers, terrorist and future Secretary of Education in an Obama Administration. Well, probably not. But Obama's dismissal of his former boss and friend as "just a neighbor" no doubt hurt the terrorist's feelings but became necessary when the press started to get curious about what a candidate for president was doing associating with someone who doesn't regret blowing people to smithereens.

There are more -- the undercarriage of that bus is bloody indeed. There's the entire congregation of Trinity United Church who now must practice their Black Liberation Theology and "anti-middleclassness" without the man who apparently spent many a pleasant Sunday sleeping through sermons -- or so he would have us believe.

But there is a monumental difference between Obama's previous actions in washing his hands of wayward staffers, bigots, and radicals and having to toss Jim Johnson out the window.

The others were handled when he was simply a candidate for the Democratic nomination for president. But his choice of Johnson to head up the most important job he has between now and the election -- choosing a vice president -- was made as the presumptive nominee.

In short, Obama's first major decision as the nominee for president of his party was an unmitigated disaster.

Not only did he choose someone who opened him up to charges of being a rank hypocrite. But the way he handled himself in off the cuff remarks in trying to defend Johnson was shockingly incoherent and stupid. Trying to pass Johnson off as someone who didn't work for him? That's childish in its attempt to avoid responsibility. One might expect a 7 year old to deny breaking a dinner plate by saying something like "I didn't drop it mom, it fell." But when the potential next president of the United States tries to run away from his mistakes, we can ask legitimate questions on how this man will perform if he reaches the oval office.

Craig Crawford brings up another point:

Obama's cavalier response utterly contradicted his campaign's supposed crusade for reform. Not only did those words come across as tone deaf to the very ethical issues that he has raised in this election, but his remarks sounded like the ethical relativism we so often hear from the Washington business-as-usual crowd that Obama claims to be running against.

Chris Cillizza recognizes the danger Obama exposes himself to by latching on to people like Johnson:

For Obama, any questions in voters' minds about whether he truly is a change agent or is legitimately committed to breaking the alleged stranglehold lobbyists and other power brokers have over the political system is potentially disastrous. Because of the peril involved, it's not terribly surprising that Obama moved quickly to "fix the glitch" once he realized questions about Johnson weren't going away.

Seen another way, however, this episode could forebode poorly for how Obama handles the various slings and arrows sent his way by Republicans and their famed -- and effective -- noise machine.

This is where the national press has done a heroic job in keeping a well kept secret of Obama's associations and actions in his past that would expose him as the hypocrite he is. No real attempt has been made to ferret out the truth of what his career was like as a Chicago politician. The Obama campaign would blow up if the press ever read some back issues of the Chicago Tribune or Sun Times.

Instead, it is as if Obama sprang fully formed into the world of national politics, unsullied by grubby special interests and lobbyists who afflict everyone else in Washington. His holy throat and golden tongue will lead a revolution that will make America a paradise of unity and happiness.

All I can say is we better snap out of it before we elect the most incompetent, the most naive, and perhaps the most dangerous man ever to run for the office of the president.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »

Poll shows Obama picking up Clinton voters
Posted: 06:20 PM ET

(CNN) — A new poll out Wednesday suggests Barack Obama is picking up support among older female voters, a demographic that largely voted for Hillary Clinton in the prolonged Democratic primary race.

The findings could be a sign the Illinois senator is making significant strides among that bloc of voters, who had been fiercely loyal to Clinton and potentially ambivalent about supporting Obama in the general election.

According the new survey out by Gallup, Obama now holds a 6 point lead over McCain among women over 50 nationwide, 47 to 41 percent. That compares to a 3 point lead (46 to 43 percent) McCain held over Obama in a similar poll taken last week just days before Hillary Clinton conceded the nomination.

WATCH Clinton urge her supporters to back Obama

Extended to all female voters, Obama now holds a 13 point lead over McCain, up 8 points from this time last week.

Eight days after the Democratic nomination officially came to an end, Alan Silverleib, CNN Senior Political Researcher, said the poll provides "solid evidence that the wounds of the Democrats’ long primary season are already starting to heal."

“Obama will need most of Clinton’s women supporters to beat McCain in November," Silverleib said. "Fortunately for Obama, many of these supporters are apparently rallying to his side.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/11/poll-shows-obama-picking-up-clinton-voters/

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 11:26:57 AM »

TYLERGAL!!!!

Where have you been?

I have missed you and ... Monkeys on the Natalee Holloway forum have missed you.

Janet

_____

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »

Hi, Janet, how are you>

Caesu, do you expect me to believe that George Bush is the evil demon you portray him as, when there is probably no family in this nation who loves this country more and done more, sacrificed and given for this country than the Bush family.  Look at the sacrifices throughout the generations and then you tell me that this long-legged poseur is going to save this country from all the evil Bushes. 

When that militant amazon woman that Obambi is married to says she has never loved her country before, she is only projecting his feelings on the little kiddies who fall in line and how do you think they are raising millions of dollars per day?  You think about it, it's coming from the internet, and that internet includes George Soros (who has said he wants to take the USA down and make China the greatest nation in the world), Saudi Arabia, Iran, China, Venezuela, and on and on and all they do is take large swaths of money and put names from their ghetto voters onto the money.

You need to think more and quit reading the junk sites.  I am stunned by your total ignorance of history you try to discuss but have not the background to do honestly.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »

Although I believe that McCain is the candidate of choice by default ... I do believe that his position too far to the left on most issues to be considered a "real" Republican.

Voting for an independent who represent the founding principles and values of the Republican Party ... limited government ... free-enterprise system ... would be a disadvantage to McCain and ...  serve to benefit Barack Obama.

To assure that Obama is not elected President of the United States of American ... votes must be cast for the left-wing right-wing candidate ... John McCain.

Janet

+++++++++

June 12, 2008
Paul: 'People will have a chance' with Barr

(CNN)— Rep. Ron Paul had some words of praise for recently declared Libertarian presidential nominee Bob Barr Thursday, calling him a ‘very positive’ influence on the presidential race.

Paul, who never officially ended his own Republican presidential bid, told American Morning Anchor John Roberts, “[Barr] talks our language, so I do really believe that he can have a very positive effect in this campaign and let the people know that limited government is a very, very important message.”

Echoing the principals he based his own presidential run on, the Texas congressman said Americans’ voices will be heard with Barr, and he “gives everybody a choice in the matter.”

Barr, who was a former four-term Republican congressman from Georgia, left the GOP to join the Libertarian Party in 2006 and officially won the its presidential nomination late last month.

Asked of speculation surrounding the creation of his own convention in September, Paul said he and his supporters won’t be there to cause problems for the Republican Party.

“We’re not going to disrupt them,” he said. “We’re not going to demonstrate as much as present a positive case for values that we believe should be the Republican values.”

Paul, who has made it clear in past interviews he will not support John McCain because of their differing views, said again Thursday he disagrees with the Arizona senator on foreign policy and economic relief.

“I would say [McCain] does not represent limited government values, and the republicans deserve to hear the other side of the story.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/12/paul-people-will-have-a-chance-with-barr/#more-7827

++++++++++++++++

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.