April 25, 2024, 04:58:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #755 5/31 - 6/5/08  (Read 234592 times)
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »

US carriers cut Caribbean flights; region fighting back

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, June 2, 2008 - American Airlines and American Eagle have announced another reduction in their services to the Caribbean, even as regional tourism ministers said they had devised a strategy to help the sector deal with flight cuts by United States carriers.

American Airlines will no longer serve Antigua, St Maarten and Santo Domingo with jet service out of San Juan. It will also reduce flights into San Juan from 38 to 18 from September 3, as well as discontinue nonstop daily service to San Juan from a number of US cities. American Eagle will reduce its Caribbean schedule from 55 to 33 daily departures out of San Juan from September 3 and eliminate daily flights from San Juan to Aruba as well as to Samana, Dominican Republic. Both destinations will continue to be served daily from Miami.

"The crisis in the airline business is real, and the steps American is taking to reduce its schedule are necessary," American Eagle's CEO Peter Bowler said in a message to employees.
(snip)
"The Puerto Rico hub is very critical to this region not only for the airlift to land-based properties, but clearly the potential implications it may have on our cruise sector as well," Chairman of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Allen Chastanet said, adding that CTO executive board members would travel to San Juan next week to discuss the issue with authorities there.
(snip)
Among the other measures which form part of the ministers' rescue plan are discussions with major tourism stakeholders across the region and the commission of a study on oil futures to forecast oil prices so that effective plans can be put in place to deal with increases before they actually occur.

http://www.caribbean360.com/News/Caribbean/Stories/2008/06/02/NEWS0000005905.html

Maybe target more from SA and the Middle East?

i wonder when they'll get around to blaming natalee and beth for this.
dennis vaughan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

Viewpoints

One last point

By Eileen Small

June 02, 2008
Monday

One last point: I am sure that all parents and many young people remember the tragic mess in Aruba several years ago when a young woman on her senior trip went "missing" and still remains so -- probably dead -- today.

If it were my child I would certainly be devastated as are the parents of that poor girl. This is an example of what occurs when young people - full of spirit but who don't want to play by "grown-up" rules go out of this country It is sad, but something to consider. I am happy if the people who manage these trips DO care enough to cull the wheat from the chaffe and take only those kids who are wise enough at that point in their life to come and go safely.

Eileen Small
Ketchikan, AK

Received May 30, 2008 - Published June 02, 2008

http://www.sitnews.us/0608Viewpoints/060208_eileen_small.html

The problem has nothing to do with how "wise" a young adult happens to be.  Places that advertise "happiness" and cater to a party crowd should be prepared to provide the safety nets needed.  This is blaming the victim.  The goal of this trip was to reward hard work.  The island knew very well the set up at Carlos and Charlies and the locals at the hotels.  The island authorities chose to look the other way.  Trouble was bound to happen and trouble had nothing to do with the "wiseness" of the victim.   If one knows and promotes the party atmosphere then one is responsible for the outcomes.  Just like frat houses being shut down or taxis being offered for free in the "drinking" promoted areas in the US.  You can't tell me the authorities, on Aruba, did not see this coming.  They just didn't budget for it. Natalee was not flawed.  It could have been any young US tourist.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »

US carriers cut Caribbean flights; region fighting back

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, June 2, 2008 - American Airlines and American Eagle have announced another reduction in their services to the Caribbean, even as regional tourism ministers said they had devised a strategy to help the sector deal with flight cuts by United States carriers.

American Airlines will no longer serve Antigua, St Maarten and Santo Domingo with jet service out of San Juan. It will also reduce flights into San Juan from 38 to 18 from September 3, as well as discontinue nonstop daily service to San Juan from a number of US cities. American Eagle will reduce its Caribbean schedule from 55 to 33 daily departures out of San Juan from September 3 and eliminate daily flights from San Juan to Aruba as well as to Samana, Dominican Republic. Both destinations will continue to be served daily from Miami.

"The crisis in the airline business is real, and the steps American is taking to reduce its schedule are necessary," American Eagle's CEO Peter Bowler said in a message to employees.
(snip)
"The Puerto Rico hub is very critical to this region not only for the airlift to land-based properties, but clearly the potential implications it may have on our cruise sector as well," Chairman of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), Allen Chastanet said, adding that CTO executive board members would travel to San Juan next week to discuss the issue with authorities there.
(snip)
Among the other measures which form part of the ministers' rescue plan are discussions with major tourism stakeholders across the region and the commission of a study on oil futures to forecast oil prices so that effective plans can be put in place to deal with increases before they actually occur.

http://www.caribbean360.com/News/Caribbean/Stories/2008/06/02/NEWS0000005905.html

Maybe target more from SA and the Middle East?

i wonder when they'll get around to blaming natalee and beth for this.
dennis vaughan

I was wondering how this impacted their cruise ship business.  IIRC, they were focusing on cruise departures.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »

Excellent post Buckeye 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »

Could someone give me an update on the pond search and anything else we have learned in the past 3 months or so? I havent been able to come up with anything case related for a long time. Appreciate it.

Mos is an ass.
Renfro is still a ho.
Joran is a Rapist murderer
Paulus is a Rapist Murderer.
Joe Tacopina is buying and Italian Soccer Team.
Anita still looks like a Hippo.
Deepak is a Rapist murderer.
Satish is still a mute.

And the best thing that happened was a nice article that was done by Destiny and some great monkeys.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/05/30/dear-friends-in-aruba-natalee-holloway-missing-3-years/
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »

Excellent post Buckeye 

I mean really...who would not have felt safe at a tourist hangout with tourists from the US and "soccer players from the Netherlands"??  It isn't like they were hiking around the slums of San Nicholas...sheesh......who would have thought, back then, that they were taking their life in their hands?? We were all naive or "unwise".  We know better now.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »

Spock

Kalpoe hearing scheduled Wed. June 4th.

Gielen looking for a buyer.....
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »

Viewpoints

One last point

By Eileen Small

June 02, 2008
Monday

One last point: I am sure that all parents and many young people remember the tragic mess in Aruba several years ago when a young woman on her senior trip went "missing" and still remains so -- probably dead -- today.

If it were my child I would certainly be devastated as are the parents of that poor girl. This is an example of what occurs when young people - full of spirit but who don't want to play by "grown-up" rules go out of this country It is sad, but something to consider. I am happy if the people who manage these trips DO care enough to cull the wheat from the chaffe and take only those kids who are wise enough at that point in their life to come and go safely.

Eileen Small
Ketchikan, AK

Received May 30, 2008 - Published June 02, 2008

http://www.sitnews.us/0608Viewpoints/060208_eileen_small.html

The problem has nothing to do with how "wise" a young adult happens to be.  Places that advertise "happiness" and cater to a party crowd should be prepared to provide the safety nets needed.  This is blaming the victim.  The goal of this trip was to reward hard work.  The island knew very well the set up at Carlos and Charlies and the locals at the hotels.  The island authorities chose to look the other way.  Trouble was bound to happen and trouble had nothing to do with the "wiseness" of the victim.   If one knows and promotes the party atmosphere then one is responsible for the outcomes.  Just like frat houses being shut down or taxis being offered for free in the "drinking" promoted areas in the US.  You can't tell me the authorities, on Aruba, did not see this coming.  They just didn't budget for it. Natalee was not flawed.  It could have been any young US tourist.

It could have been anyone's daughter...

I remember reading in someone's PV that they turned (the Kalpoe vehicle) to avoid the Visibility Team.

What about J2K?  Did they play by "grown up" rules?  What are the "grown up" rules?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »

Could someone give me an update on the pond search and anything else we have learned in the past 3 months or so? I havent been able to come up with anything case related for a long time. Appreciate it.

Spock ... contrary to the claims of CAPS and OE ... the prosecutor denies there was a search.

I wonder why no Aruban publication reported on this search ... not even Diario?

It appears that freedom of the press is not alive and well on the Island of Aruba.

******* ... could you please provide your source in regards to the OM's denial that a Natalee Holloway related search of the Monserat Pond took place.

Thank you.

Janet

++++++++++

OM - NO SEARCH OF MONSERAT POND

*******:
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #754 5/28 -
« Reply #927 on: June 01, 2008, 12:15:51 AM » 

Well then,we have pictures of a drained pond with a area where the top layer of dirt was removed but yet nothing in any of the papers and denial from the OM that it was ever searched. We all saw what OE and Caps told us! Something really stinks here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2867.920

OCEAN EXPLORATION - MONSERAT POND SEARCH

Oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #751 5/8 -
« Reply #559 on: May 14, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

Greetings,

I'm sure you've already heard, but the pond is ropped off and now dry.  40 investigators from Holland were brought in related to the case.  No word on the outcome yet.

All the best

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2830.msg381276#msg381276

Oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #751 5/8 -
« Reply #601 on: May 14, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »

The tiny pond is about 0.15-0.2 west of the intersection of Rt. 3 and Rt. 2.  It's on the north side of Rt. 3 next to the soccer field.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2830.msg381325#msg381325

Oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #752 5-15-08
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »

Yes, it is certainly the same pond that we searched in February.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2844.msg381855#msg381855

Oceanexploration
« Reply #144 on: Today at 12:59:01 PM »

I'll try to clarify a few points. Nice pics by the way.

- The pond was searched because of a promising lead we received.

- We were able to conduct the scanning sonar (not to be confused with side scan sonar) search of the pond because of some weather related down time during the ocean search.

- My analysis of the sonar was used to

1) show that the pond needed to be drained in opposed to be investigated with divers.  The only way to effectively search the pond would be if it were dry.

2) show that there were objects in the pond aside from tires.  I'm not commenting on what these objects could be because I'm not speculating.  I will say that I at least saw tires (I saw a pic of one somewhere) in the scanning sonar.

- The reason the pond search was so delayed was on account of the labor strike.  The pond needed to be completely drained which needed the help of the Polis and fire department.  Needless to say labor was needed and hard to come by.  When the strike ended the pond search happened almost immediately.

- No one said the 40-52 (whatever) investigators from Holland ever stepped foot in or near the pond.  The timing is coincident.  Did anyone see these investigators anywhere near the pond?  I don't think so.   

I hope that cleared up more questions that it raises.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2844.msg381961#msg381961

MuminOhio
« Reply #149 on: Today at 01:10:17 PM »

OE...Thanks If the 40-52 Dutch Investigaters is just coincidental, do you know who has been/is searching the pond?  ALE? Thanks in Advance!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2844.msg381966#msg381966

Oceanexploration
« Reply #151 on: Today at 01:14:39 PM »

ALE, but there may have been others included.  We were asked to attend.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2844.msg381968#msg381968

CAPS - MONSERAT POND SEARCH

CAPS
Re: SHANGO/SIMIAN - who are they and what did they know? #3
« Reply #1330 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:42 AM »

Hi Monkeys,

News,

The area in question now is off limited to anyone. A steel chain from across road with a sign saying area prohibited.

The area have dried a lot but still a deep end with water in it. I went to see it yesterday and I could not have access anymore.

Another thing, today a group of CSI (52 in total ) arrived from holland are in Aruba to work on the case. (secret mission)

In news paper this week Nancy Grace in Aruba to do a film on the case.

More Later.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2787.msg379191#msg379191

CAPS
« Reply #1341 on: May 06, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »

No, I have not.

But the light of the soccer field was on this whole weekend till 3:30 am in the morning, Today day are off. but it seems that this goup is here a week already they are the one that seal the area. Also Saterday night goining in sunday early morninng, sources said that they saw a lot new face in the are of Lekker.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2787.msg379227#msg379227

CAPS
« Reply #1348 on: May 06, 2008, 03:06:59 AM »

Today withness talk to lawyer to see what is the hold-up, lawyer state every thing is OK and group are working on the case. Large dutch CSI. (case is under the microscope---but no american involvment is a bit strange.)

After deliberating with withness on this, we conclude 3 things that might come out of this.

The case will break wide open and all players will be found or they came in secret now that the water has gone to do a forensic and find Natalee remains or cleanup what they could not cleanup in 3 years and say "se la vi" to the case

MOS seems to go for option-1 but like I said, he still have to fight a Dirtyhand in his Office / organization.

Latest is that OM is now in hot water since they also have somehow exceed the 2001 till 2005 budged (OVER SPEND), also no one was watching the money that they were collecting from big fines and other confiscated moneys. The is a problem (hot scandal comming out soon from this office.)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2787.msg379248#msg379248

CAPS
« Reply #1509 on: May 08, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »

FIrst of all Sorry,

This morning, the area from McDonald till lekker is being analyzed by those from Holand CSI. Also to the house of the witness is being analyzed.  They are also near the Brickel bay.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2787.msg379969#msg379969

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: June 02, 2008, 08:16:09 PM »

Mos is an ass.
Renfro is still a ho.
Joran is a Rapist murderer
Paulus is a Rapist Murderer.
Joe Tacopina is buying and Italian Soccer Team.
Anita still looks like a Hippo.
Deepak is a Rapist murderer.
Satish is still a mute.

And the best thing that happened was a nice article that was done by Destiny and some great monkeys.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/05/30/dear-friends-in-aruba-natalee-holloway-missing-3-years/

I would say about IT in a nutshell. Good job. You didn't miss any points on this one.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »

Spock

Ya know, I do believe Gielen's production (and I use that work loosely) is the book promised by Anita.  Anita is stupid enough to believe people would be lining up at their doorstep to buy into this garbage.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »

Essentially, as you see it, nothing has happened to indicate that there was anything in that pond.  It was only drained...whether that bucket and the missing mud was related is anyone's guess at this point. I have however learned several things in the past three months...none of which I can share at this time...sorry.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2008, 08:39:02 PM »

Spock

Ya know, I do believe Gielen's production (and I use that work loosely) is the book promised by Anita.  Anita is stupid enough to believe people would be lining up at their doorstep to buy into this garbage.

Let's just hope she doesn't illustrate it....after seeing her "art", I couldn't imagine the "book".
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »

Essentially, as you see it, nothing has happened to indicate that there was anything in that pond.  It was only drained...whether that bucket and the missing mud was related is anyone's guess at this point. I have however learned several things in the past three months...none of which I can share at this time...sorry.

Well, some hints would be appreciated.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: June 02, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »

Spock

Let's just hope she doesn't illustrate it....after seeing her "art", I couldn't imagine the "book".

I always thought Anita looked like a kind person in the first photo I saw of her.  It was the one at the ISA school for 2005.

I wonder how the stress of the past three years has affected her.  Was there ever a picture/timeline review of her works? 

She is one of those people, that I wonder about.  Knowing what she knows today, would she do anything differently?

Would she have coddled Joran less?

GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »

Hi Monkeys, it's me….the silent one. I am here every single day, I just don't post often. I have written another poem for Beth and Dave, Matt and their families as the third year of Natalee missing comes to a close, and wanted to share it.

In His Time

Even while I grieve, I know You are in charge...
I know You're the Boss of this Show.
I know we are taught that we must wait on You
But have I the strength? I don't know...

I have tried to be patient, though waiting is hard...
I've tried to just leave it to You.
But the way things have gone just doesn't look good...
And I worry about evil anew.

But again I will do what I know You have asked...
And trust in Your power and Your love.
I will fall to my knees to join others in prayer
And pray for strength from above.

But wait! What was that? What do I hear?
Beautiful voices, whispers, and then...
A soft sweet voice clearly says "In His Time"
Like a promise to me, Heaven sent.

Then a glimpse of her face and her smile I see.
She reminds me of all we are taught.
That we must have faith, believe, and hold true…
Believing is never for naught.

Justice is His, and the righteous will win!
This is promised to those who believe...
So although I am tired, weary and worn
I will wait on You Lord, though I grieve.

I will pray in faith for Justice to come...
To be served rightly so, in Your time.
I will pray for patience as I try to hold on,
My prayer will be… "in Your time, not mine".

by GabbyG

It's been three long years, now beginning four. Who would have thought, huh? Well, count me in for the duration. Because I believe that Justice IS coming, Evil will not win over Good, and I want to be around to watch the bad guys go down!

He has promised that He will deliver Justice for those who believe, and Beth and Dave and their families DO believe. And we know that Natalee believed in Him too. He won't let them down, He will reward them for their faithfulness through this terrible time. He is wiser then we are, and I am sure He has a plan that we can't possibly see. Perhaps a plan that will bring Justice down on ALL who deserve it, not just a few. 

There ARE still good people in this world, people who do care, and who want to see Justice done. So let's just join hands and as ONE build our strength and determination to hang on until Justice DOES come...and it will. In my heart I believe this.

God Bless all you wonderful Monkeys and all your good works!
As one we Stand With The Girl

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: June 02, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »

Who is jane doe ?

John Galt's married sister. (kidding)
Jane Doe is Mr. Doe's daughter.

(kidding again).  Jane Doe is a name used to any unidentified female, just to have a name and let everyone know that they do not know who she is.    Jackb

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »

very nice poem Gabby

thanks for sharing it.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »

Gabby - that is beautiful!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »

There was a very wealthy man in our little town.  He had a lovely wife
and four teenage children.  He had an affair with a girl in her 20's.
The affair continued and everybody knew about it.  The girlfriend even
had a baby.  It seemed as though there were no consequences for him.
The wife finally filed for divorce.  He faught and didn't want her to get
anything like what she deserved.  The divorce papers were on his desk
and he decided to go to his yatch for the weekend and go over the
divorce papers when he returned.  He went jogging on the beach in just
his swim trunks, had a massive anuerism and died right there on the beach.
He had no identification on him and he stayed in the morgue in Destin for
four days as a "John Doe".  He had not signed the divorce papers and the wife
got everything.
Everything in the Lord's time.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.